test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

All of a sudden - the game is unplayable - LAG

rictor77rictor77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey, I just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, what the solution was.

Yesterday, I was in CN and the lag got to the point where I had to drop out. Things were not moving to me, but stuff was going on. When typing in chat it may take 5 seconds for it to appear, rubberbanding, etc.

I reset my router thinking that might be the issue. Nope, the same, but this only occurs with Neverwinter. My ping, download speeds and other games are all fine.

If this persists, I might have the shelf (cringe) the game because I can't play.

BTW - I used Netgraph 1 and is displays a ping of about 130ish, but then it will jump to like 2500 at times.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
"Life is too important to be taken seriously.":)
Post edited by rictor77 on

Comments

• Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I haven't been on because of terrible lag since yesterday afternoon. I mainly PvP but its unplayable screen freeze stuff jumping around. My friend actually got frozen in mid air for about 30 secs out side of being cool and him being like omg I am stuck in mid air its pretty annoying. Also when you CC or knock anyone back they get stuck in the air levitating and then the great server not responding issue and you wake up dead somewhere 10 secs latter.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Cryptic servers are laggy right now. Stealth maintenance maybe? STO is having similar problems.
  • Options
    geargogglesgeargoggles Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's a feature not a bug.
  • Options
    ifartedagainifartedagain Member Posts: 69
    edited July 2013
    Yeah...i'm lagging too right now.

I asked in zone chat if anyone else is lagging......only to get lame responses from kids trying to sound cool by trolling serious questions.
    I love the sweet aroma of my own flatulence. #DontJudgeMe.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for the responses, I used information from this thread " http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?161081-Pro-Tips-on-Diagnosing-Lag-and-Rubberbanding&highlight=router+settings "

My Tracert is fine, but when using the CrypticNetTest program..not so well.
    Good results:
    Column 1: ~300-500 KB/sec
    Column 2: ~20kb/sec
    Column 3: ~300- 500kb/sec

Mine:
    Ping: 188.1 msec
    Port: 80: 10 KB/sec 0 KB/sec 6 KB/sec 500
    Port: 80: 12 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 27 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 13 KB/sec 3 KB/sec 27 KB/sec 500
    Port: 443: 16 KB/sec 1 KB/sec 21 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7255: timed out
    Port: 7255: 15 KB/sec 1 KB/sec 19 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003: 16 KB/sec 2 KB/sec 29 KB/sec 500
    Port: 7003:

Definitely an issue here - **Update, after running the tests and posting as provided in the post my game now crashes upon entering** I get a dialogue box asking me what I did...sigh - I will reinstall the game once and hope it fixes it. If not, I might have to contact CS about a refund if possible - Didn't spend $200+ dollars and not be able to play something.
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
  • Options
    alystericaalysterica Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Well.. meanwhile you have lag.. I have disconections each time and "server not responding" during any activity.. In PVP or in Enclave protector or Dungeons or Skrimish or anithing... Disconections, lag.... laaaaaag!!! Disconected... and then nothing.. I've uninstalled and installed de game 4 times already..
    I really love so much Neverwinter and I dont want to leave it for nothing on the world.. well.. maybe only for mi kids and my husband but thats all...

My internet connection its not the problem because Im not the only one having this problems..

Youre doing your best Neverwinter Team and we know you dan do it better!!!

:)
  • Options
    captfranciscaptfrancis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Yeah I've been having this problem, basically for the last two days or so. It's making playing the game a real challenge. Even the gateway for Professions in the browser is laggy.

Everything else works fine, so it's not my connection. I guess I'll check out that other thread.
  • Options
    azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I lagged yesterday into three red circles, while supposedly dodging, during what should have been a tough, but do-able fight. I died. Looked like I got out successfully, but then the game froze and after a moment, I rubber-banded right back where I was. Surrounded, with the screen asking me to pay or release.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • Options
    stoxbox1stoxbox1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same issues here, eastern US. I had this problem after the July 3rd update and it was unplayable until July 8th. Now it has returned. This is not on my end, Cryptic please fix your connection issues...
  • Options
    lilblamlilblam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same here, last 2 days have been horrible. I can barely function, any combat is out of the question as my ping keeps spiking and everyone just teleports around me with me unable to hit anything. Also Eastern US here, and also everything else is fine except NW. Also when switching characters, half the time it disconnects from the login server in the process as well. What's going on?
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have had the issue since the July 3rd patch as well. I have played from Virginia, Ohio and Toronto all with the same issues.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    stoxbox1 wrote: »
    Same issues here, eastern US. I had this problem after the July 3rd update and it was unplayable until July 8th. Now it has returned. This is not on my end, Cryptic please fix your connection issues...

Which ISP do you have? Just trying to make sense of it to make me feel better =)

I'm in the Eastern U.S. also and have Verizon Fios.
  • Options
    lilblamlilblam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rictor77 wrote: »
    Which ISP do you have? Just trying to make sense of it to make me feel better =)

I'm in the Eastern U.S. also and have Verizon Fios.
    I'm also Eastern US with Verizon FIOS. On Beholder server. But nothing else is lagging, if I go to pingtest.com or speedtest.com my ping, packet loss, and connection speed are all excellent.
  • Options
    nethermonkeynethermonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13
    edited July 2013
    lilblam wrote: »
    Same here, last 2 days have been horrible. I can barely function, any combat is out of the question as my ping keeps spiking and everyone just teleports around me with me unable to hit anything. Also Eastern US here, and also everything else is fine except NW. Also when switching characters, half the time it disconnects from the login server in the process as well. What's going on?
    Same thing is happening to me. I'm also in Eastern US. I even get lag when trying to complete Profession tasks. trying to pvp is horrible. I received some nerd rage when I tried to explain combat became unplayable during a match. The log in is also extremely slow.
  • Options
    captfranciscaptfrancis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Also East Coast, Verizon FIOS.
  • Options
    nethermonkeynethermonkey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 13
    edited July 2013
    Also East Coast, Verizon FIOS.

i forgot to mention Verizon FIOS as well.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Same -- Eastern US, Verizon FIOS. Clearly something is up with the network provider's interface with the Verizon network in this part of NA.
  • Options
    fourrunnerfunfourrunnerfun Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Eastern US - Verizon FIOS here as well. Only having connection issues with their servers. No issues elsewhere. Dropping pings like crazy to their servers, while none to other servers.
  • Options
    atsuipandaatsuipanda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yeah lagging today
  • Options
    ta1ch0u1ta1ch0u1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Texas reporting in Verizon FIOS, game laggs so much; in the past 2 days, it is un-playable. Would be nice to have a mod chime in on this..not holding my breath though.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    There appears to be an issue between Verizon and the cloud network provider in Boston. STO is having the same problems -- this thread may be of interest: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=794731
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    There appears to be an issue between Verizon and the cloud network provider in Boston. STO is having the same problems -- this thread may be of interest: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=794731

If that's the case I hope they sort it out. I like this game and have had no problem supporting it with zen purchases. Unfortunately if it means changing my provider the game is gonna lose. At this point the game is unplayable with the lag and disconnects.:(
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If that's the case I hope they sort it out. I like this game and have had no problem supporting it with zen purchases. Unfortunately if it means changing my provider the game is gonna lose. At this point the game is unplayable with the lag and disconnects.:(

Oh I won't change my ISP either. I doubt many would.

At this point it's not clear whether it's a technical issue or a corporate dispute between the ISPs. If it's the latter it could take some time to fix, and I agree in this state it is not playable on Verizon.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Error message I got after re-installing the game. Thought re-installing would make lag go away...but it made it worst instead.

can't load the launcher anymore.
    patcherror_zps4ec3358d.png
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Are you on Verizon, too?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Unfortuneately....yes.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Welp, we'll have to see what gets done about this. Clearly right now Verizon FIOS players are SOL.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Verizon Online DSL is what i'm using.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Probably the whole link between Verizon and the Cryptic network provider is where the problem lies, whether FIOS or DSL, I think.
  • Options
    sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hey all, thanks so much for this information! We're looking into these lag reports.

Cheers!
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
This discussion has been closed.