test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All of a sudden - the game is unplayable - LAG

Comments

• ifartedagainifartedagain Member Posts: 69
    edited July 2013
    sominator wrote: »
    Hey all, thanks so much for this information! We're looking into these lag reports.

Cheers!

Just when i'm about to download another game lol...thats awesome. Thank you sominator.

Now I wait, take your time no rush. I got game of thrones episodes to watch anyways.
    I love the sweet aroma of my own flatulence. #DontJudgeMe.
  • lanlastonelanlastone Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    Verizon DSL unplayable in PA also.
  • rictor77rictor77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Although we still have this problem it's awesome to somewhat get to the bottom of it - Verizon Fios & servers in the NE.

Let's hope it gets sorted out soon - I called Verizon earlier but I had to speak my answers to an automated woman..very annoying =)

Thank you Sominator!
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
    "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously.":)
  • krinamankrinaman Member Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lanlastone wrote: »

^^^^^This^^^^
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lanlastone wrote: »

I am in pa with Verizon guess we are in same boat.
  • wickedshot66wickedshot66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Los Angeles Calif. with Verizon Fios and game unplayable here too. Rubberbanding and no control of avatar, also annoying is I can't invoke so going to lose my coins.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Looks like Verizon is giving people headaches everywhere....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    in Pittsburgh, with Verizon and game is unplayable.
    edited July 2013
    On hold with Verizon now - we'll see how it goes. My guess, they will have no idea as to the issue I'm talking about.

He had no idea - lol but was helpful and friendly.
    "You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him."
    "Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember from time to time that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught."
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Looks like Verizon is giving people headaches everywhere....

You'd think, but 2 people in my guild getting disconnects and such with Time Warner(which is what I use).
  • praska24601praska24601 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    (ISP-AT&T) Same here ....maybe a surge in new players straining system? A BIG SURGE!
    edited July 2013
    A quick update: I went to my sister's house who lives about 5 minutes away and has Verizon Fios also. I downloaded the CrypticNetTest and ran it from her house. Low and behold her Ping was 98ms and the first column had a few numbers in the high hundreds and 200's. At my house it just times out.

I am able to use wifi-tether from my cell phone and that passes the CrypticNetTest with flying colors...how much data you think I'd eat through? I know it's not a viable solution =)
  • captfranciscaptfrancis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rictor77 wrote: »
    A quick update: I went to my sister's house who lives about 5 minutes away and has Verizon Fios also. I downloaded the CrypticNetTest and ran it from her house. Low and behold her Ping was 98ms and the first column had a few numbers in the high hundreds and 200's. At my house it just times out.

I am able to use wifi-tether from my cell phone and that passes the CrypticNetTest with flying colors...how much data you think I'd eat through? I know it's not a viable solution =)

How sad is it that you can get a better connection with your wi-fi/cell phone than the FIBER OPTIC CABLE TO YOUR HOUSE? lol

I have to laugh because otherwise I'd cry. I can barely set my profession tasks though my browser at this point.
  • cyresofbsgocyresofbsgo Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    like I said before "ARC is ***"

ARC went live on STO yesterday, with all new accounts required to use it, and old accounts not yet required to use it.....

ARC is lagging the Cryptic games.
    edited July 2013
    How sad is it that you can get a better connection with your wi-fi/cell phone than the FIBER OPTIC CABLE TO YOUR HOUSE? lol

I have to laugh because otherwise I'd cry. I can barely set my profession tasks though my browser at this point.

Set professions on your cell phone if possible, use two cans and a string - lots of other options out there =)
    edited July 2013
    like I said before "ARC is ***"

ARC went live on STO yesterday, with all new accounts required to use it, and old accounts not yet required to use it.....

ARC is lagging the Cryptic games.

What is this ARC nonsense? It sounds like some futuristic machine that is meant to improve the quality of human life, but will only destroy it.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    rictor77 wrote: »
    What is this ARC nonsense? It sounds like some futuristic machine that is meant to improve the quality of human life, but will only destroy it.
    . . . . . The ARC is formerly known as CORE Connect. It is Perfect World Entertainment's delivery and community system for their games. Think of it like Steam, but with only free to play games from a specific company. With PWE acquiring Cryptic, it was only a matter of time until they started porting the Cryptic MMOs into it also.
    edited July 2013
    Is Nvrwntr UP? yet or still doing maint on it? I WANNA PLAY and cant :(
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Is Nvrwntr UP? yet or still doing maint on it? I WANNA PLAY and cant :(
    Please see the Sticky;
    icon4.pngsticky.gif Sticky: Scheduled Maintenance 7-18-13 7AM PDT

I just connected fine, with no apparent no lag yet (Comcast).
    edited July 2013
    I still cannot connect ...OH ISP AT&TT ...Steam connects fine np
    Logged into account NP
  • evilgrymmevilgrymm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've been having issues all evening with disconnects and "server not responding". Over the last day or two it had begun to lag a bit as well. Hopefully there's something in tomorrow's patch to fix this.
  • mlew0032mlew0032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have had this problem for the longest time however it always happens at night for me. (central timezone) Since the last four months I never logged in at night because this was always there.

Anyone else experience these problems around the same time?
    Server : Mindflayer

Characters:
    Ellamae - Level 60 CW (12.1k T2 Geared)
    Norros - Level 60 TR (12.1k T2 Geared)
    Keira - Level 60 GF (13.2k T2 Geared)
    Mialee - Level 60 DC (12.2k T2 Geared)
    Thoradin - Level 60 GWF (12.8k T2 Geared)
    edited July 2013
    mlew0032 wrote: »
    I have had this problem for the longest time however it always happens at night for me. (central timezone) Since the last four months I never logged in at night because this was always there.

Anyone else experience these problems around the same time?
    . . . . . This reminds me of some issues on some ISPs (won't name names) over in Europe that would throttle their users that played specific MMOs during a certain time period, causing severe lag and un-playability to those users during prime-time. Just peeking at World News Headlines, it still seems European ISP Throttling is still a topic over there. I hope that is not what is happening here in the States with ATT/Verizon. Hopefully one (or all) of the parties involved will resolve the issue as soon as possible.
  • lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I just hooked up my Comcast and I am still getting server not responding.

Ironically this glitch happened on the same day I switched from Verizon FioS back to Comcast and i get problems on both connections.
    edited July 2013
    From what I can tell and I'm not saying we have near enough evidence to determine what the exact cause might be, but this seems to be happening to people with Fios, ATT,Comcast and Roadrunner from what I've read. If I missed an ISP sorry. The one common factor that everyone shares is....Cryptic. Everyone who is having an ISP related issue only seems to have it when playing a Cryptic game. If ISP's were throttling (GRRrrrr) I'd imagine that they would see similar performance issues on other online games, streaming and what not. In another thread folks playing STO are having similar issues. I'm not expert on network traffic and I'm just speculating and trying to keep busy.

On the plus side...I have started to layout my foundry quest on pen and paper during the downtime. Hopefully, I can start making it soon =) Good luck to us all!
  • captfranciscaptfrancis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For no apparent reason I was able to play late night/early morning, whereas at the same time yesterday the lag was deadly.

Why? No idea. I did nothing on my end. (I was pretty much convinced it had nothing to do with my computer.)

Now the question is... will it last?
  • babycaekbabycaek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am also having horrible lag. It has been so bad that I have had to log off from the game several times due to server not responding and massive rubberbanding. For reference, I am in the New England area and use FiOS.
  • lilblamlilblam Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As of today I am no longer able to log in to the game at all. Last 2 days was horrible lag, now won't even connect. CrypticNetTest times out trying to connect to the patch server. Eastern US on Verizon FIOS here. Here is today's traceroute:

C:\Users\Living Room>tracert patchserver.crypticstudios.com

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms 1 ms Wireless_Broadband_Router.home [192.168.1.1]
    2 4 ms 11 ms 9 ms L100.BSTNMA-VFTTP-164.verizon-gni.net [108.7.231
    .1]
    3 7 ms 7 ms 7 ms G0-14-4-5.BSTNMA-LCR-21.verizon-gni.net [130.81.
    60.104]
    4 10 ms 93 ms 8 ms xe-1-1-0-0.BOS-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.1
    51.68]
    5 7 ms 6 ms 9 ms 0.so-0-2-0.XL3.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.16.137]
    6 7 ms 8 ms 8 ms 0.xe-8-3-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.24.38]
    7 74 ms * * internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

8 113 ms * * border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.4
    1]
    9 140 ms 151 ms 175 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    10 * * 78 ms 208.95.185.41

Trace complete.
  • skywarp0skywarp0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For 2 days now i have been experiencing some weird lag.....Its like time travel everthings fine then it pulls me back 4 or 5 sec and sometimes getting server not responding for 25 secs or more.
    Anyone else having this kind of issue?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    If you are using Verizon or AT&T as a Service Provider it is a known issue and they are looking into the causes and solutions for the problem.
This discussion has been closed.