test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I bought the new Feywild pack- now what?

Comments

• Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Don't take words out of context. It read "Unique Items Now Available in Feywild Packs".

The new items are now available in the packs, not that the Packs is available for use now.

"Tickets for next year's Major League Baseball Allstar Game is now available in Ticketmaster" doesn't mean the 2014 MLB Allstar Game is available now.

+5 Internets and Reading Comprehension
  • Options
    xenotorchxenotorch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297671&viewfull=1#post297671

The FAQ's Page, please take a moment to read it before spending the $60. I almost made the same mistake and Bought the pack, but I made it a point to find out information on this product before doing so.
    I have to say that I also nearly bought this - I actually got as far as the payment before I had a nagging doubt and doublechecked the FAQ and site. I was a little too eager and forgot to do research.
    Otherwise I think my reaction would be the same as the initial poster. I do think a little bit more obvious wording could be used though, in the article itself. i.e. "Pack now available for pre-order. Pack items/content will be playable on release date of 22nd August 2013." Simple and straightforward - but it does seem this is a foreign practice to businesses these days!

I will be purchasing this, I think it's good value (for me) as it gives me access to purple mounts and companions I've not had before. But now on the date,not now.
  • Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    wylderfox wrote: »
    I purchased the Feywild pack last night and there was no where it was indicated the content would NOT be available, at very least on the preview shard, at the time of purchase.

Is the content I just paid for available to play or not? It WAS a very good deal for the money, I do not see it as "Pay to play" or game-breaking in anyway. Honestly, the new race, the mount, the slyph, et all just appealed to me.

I believe this may be the cleverest way I have seen to get more people interested in beta-testing content on the preview shard...IF... that content is available upon purchase.

For others of you who purchased the packs- is the content available somewhere and I just cannot find it...? or did I just pre-buy something a month in advance? If the latter, it would have been more ethical to detail when it would be available to play as opposed to not being able to access it immediately.

Noticing that most of the people in these threads are not adding anything of substance, I am afraid my post will be lost. So I started this thread.

Please comment only if you are a developer or have purchased the pack please to reduce on spam. Neverwinter is a great MMO and I get a great deal of enjoyment from playing this game. I have no problem supporting the developers of this game when they put out offers that appeal to me.

If other people prefer other games, that's fine... I want this thread answered by someone who has either:
    A) also purchased said pack with the same expectations, showing Cryptic that this is not isolated
    or
    B) a Moderator who can give a timeline as to when the items will be playable- even if it is on the preview-shard.

It is not unreasonable to want to be able to use what I just purchased...especially if it was not indicated I could not do so immediately (see my screenshots later in this thread!) If I am missing something on how to access the new content please let me know!

However, if this is unavailable, then the wording needs to be changed, and I would hope Cryptic would be nice enough to compensate those of us who supported the pack this early without CLEAR indication that the content was not available yet.

OP, I had read through the replies and posts, and I agree with most of the posters here, without being snarky, on the term that it did state pre-order clearly (somewhere), and as a customer, one should have read throughout before purchasing, and the "BUY NOW!" button is just telling that you can buy the pack, but does not necessary means you will have access to the pack.

HOWEVER...

I support you in terms of purchasing an item and should have immediate access to them, even basic information like specs. These pre-order nonsense has to stop eventually.

The HotN and Guardian pre-order is understandable, since the game was not ready yet. But now with the game gone gold... no way to defend this excuse and nonsense.

If you really, really cannot tolerate such nonsense, you do can attempt to do a chargeback if you purchase with a credit card. Mind you, I do not know the details and conditions. All I know is ex-players who did chargebacks and succeed. Also, prepare to have your PWE account permanently banned across all games if you decided to. Good luck.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    Buy now doesn't imply available now. It simply says, without implication, that you can buy it now.

However, they would do well to keep their pages on the offer consistent.

True to a great extend. Unfortunately, a common customer will assume that buy now means have it now, unless the term and conditions are printed boldly right under the "BUY NOW!" button (like, really? Duh.). Only experienced buyers will go read the fine print before buying an item, but that is really a minority.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    seraphnaseraphna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It should be pointed out that there's a failure in actually reading things properly here.

The advertisement reads "NEW ITEMS NOW AVAILABLE", the problem here is people are misconstruing what "ITEM" means in context. The advertisement is about the packs available to buy, not what they contain. The item available for purchase is the pack, when it says "Now" it's referring to the "Item", the pack.

The content was announced very publicly when it would be available, there's no imaginary statement anywhere in anything advertised that claims access to the content would be available before that.

While people keep using the word "Implied", the thing is, implication in general is a subjective thing, you can claim ANYTHING literally IMPLIES anything else with the right amount of justification. The fact of the matter is, nowhere in this product was there a single bit of verbage that promised early access to the content. That's an issue of one's own supposition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    seraphna wrote: »
    It should be pointed out that there's a failure in actually reading things properly here.

The advertisement reads "NEW ITEMS NOW AVAILABLE", the problem here is people are misconstruing what "ITEM" means in context. The advertisement is about the packs available to buy, not what they contain. The item available for purchase is the pack, when it says "Now" it's referring to the "Item", the pack.

The content was announced very publicly when it would be available, there's no imaginary statement anywhere in anything advertised that claims access to the content would be available before that.

While people keep using the word "Implied", the thing is, implication in general is a subjective thing, you can claim ANYTHING literally IMPLIES anything else with the right amount of justification. The fact of the matter is, nowhere in this product was there a single bit of verbage that promised early access to the content. That's an issue of one's own supposition.

Which is really sad, since it boils down to the buyer's ability to read carefully before purchasing. The thing is, there are a lot, and i mean A LOT, of common customers who will assume that "BUY NOW!" means immediate access to such items, and will not tolerate any form of excuse and counter-blaming on customers themselves on not reading hard. Remember, they have spent their money after all, and they have the rights to complain about the product, even if THEY ARE WRONG.

And no, no amount of defending the pre-order wording will change the buyers' minds on whose fault it lies with.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    raath13raath13 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I would just simply suggest not being so fast whipping out the wallet, and instead actually do a little research before you buy.
  • Options
    sgrecosgreco Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Because you are BUYING a PRE-ORDER

NEW ITEMS AVAILABLE NOW

NOW

AVAILABLE NOW

what part of that eludes you?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    raath13 wrote: »
    I would just simply suggest not being so fast whipping out the wallet, and instead actually do a little research before you buy.

Sweet and simple. Unfortunately, OP has already opened the wallet, so...
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    sgrecosgreco Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    timmbeer wrote: »
    Which is really sad, since it boils down to the buyer's ability to read carefully before purchasing. The thing is, there are a lot, and i mean A LOT, of common customers who will assume that "BUY NOW!" means immediate access to such items, and will not tolerate any form of excuse and counter-blaming on customers themselves on not reading hard. Remember, they have spent their money after all, and they have the rights to complain about the product, even if THEY ARE WRONG.

And no, no amount of defending the pre-order wording will change the buyers' minds on whose fault it lies with.

NEW ITEMS AVAILABLE NOW

how much more careful reading must one do?

AVAILABLE NOW

It pretty much means its available now. But it isnt. And that's fraud. PERIOD.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sgreco wrote: »
    NEW ITEMS AVAILABLE NOW

how much more careful reading must one do?

AVAILABLE NOW

It pretty much means its available now. But it isnt. And that's fraud. PERIOD.

Just gonna reply with a quote since some people have problems reading.
    Don't take words out of context. It read "Unique Items Now Available in Feywild Packs".

The new items are now available in the packs, not that the Packs is available for use now.

"Tickets for next year's Major League Baseball Allstar Game is now available in Ticketmaster" doesn't mean the 2014 MLB Allstar Game is available now.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    True to a great extend. Unfortunately, a common customer will assume that buy now means have it now, unless the term and conditions are printed boldly right under the "BUY NOW!" button (like, really? Duh.). Only experienced buyers will go read the fine print before buying an item, but that is really a minority.

Then common customers should do better. The world can only spoon feed people for so long.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Then common customers should do better. The world can only spoon feed people for so long.

Looking at public education and even post education it seems like they are preparing people to be spoon fed for quite a long time unfortunately.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sweet and simple. Unfortunately, OP has already opened the wallet, so...

so....lesson learned!

Even tho the OP (and apparently others) got tricked up on the "available now" part.....no where is it mentioned "for today only!".

Heck, I'm just confused as to why they would announce this during the Steam sale!
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Ah, inciting the common customers to do better indeed.

Can't do that, else most businesses will go bankrupt.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    sgreco wrote: »
    NEW ITEMS AVAILABLE NOW

NOW

AVAILABLE NOW

what part of that eludes you?

Which part of the "items" being the packs eluded you? Why did you assume the contents of the pack was what the "Available Now" meant? Pre-Orders for many games have had "Available Now" in their advertisements, what made this one different?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    seraphna wrote: »
    Which part of the "items" being the packs eluded you? Why did you assume the contents of the pack was what the "Available Now" meant? Pre-Orders for many games have had "Available Now" in their advertisements, what made this one different?

Tell me hun, do you agree with all these pre-orders tactics? Especially when this game is already out of beta?
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Looking at public education and even post education it seems like they are preparing people to be spoon fed for quite a long time unfortunately.

It is fortunate that one's learning opportunities aren't limited to what education systems offer.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Ah, inciting the common customers to do better indeed.

Can't do that, else most businesses will go bankrupt.

I am more inclined to believe that the common customer not doing better is generally to the benefit of business.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Tell me hun, do you agree with all these pre-orders tactics? Especially when this game is already out of beta?

Yes I do. This is a pre-order for a module, and expansion, if your logic worked, every expansion for any MMO is a rip off because the game is "out of beta". This is not a preorder for the game, which is already available to you free of charge, this is a pre-order for SOME of the content in an also very free expansion.

You're basically *****ing that they have a pre-order for shiny bonus content and you're not getting serviced fast enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree entirely...THIS is the page I used to order- Note it says "Buy Now!"- thereby inferring the pack would be instantly available:

No, the misleading part is their calling this a F2P game yet now are telling us we have to buy expansions...
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    No, the misleading part is their calling this a F2P game yet now are telling us we have to buy expansions...

Except... you don't have to. The pack is for a single race and some bonus items. Tell me, can you play the expansion without buying this pack? (Yes.) Can you access the content of the game and are you getting any other things for free in this expansion? (Yes.) So please, enlighten me, where do you have to "buy" this expansion?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Nobody has to buy expansions. They are available for those that choose to buy them.

Don't confuse want for need.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Why not? They're already confusing "Buy Now" for "Early Guaranteed Access".

Literacy, it's a dead art.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Weird thing to say, since you have to buy expansions in just about every F2P game out there....EXCEPT this one......
  • Options
    veruganverugan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 100
    edited July 2013
    If you would have read some details instead of blindly whipping out the CC you'd realize it's not available until August 22nd. Nothing you do or say is going to change that. Chalk it up to a lesson learned, and a good one which carries over into real life. Read carefully and understand before you sign/buy.
  • Options
    wylderfoxwylderfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    I like how you completely bypass the posts that show that it wasnt just stated on the forums that what you were buying was a pre-order.

I bypassed them because those screens were NOT the one's I saw when I made my purchase. I linked to those earlier in the thread. I ordered the Feywild pack by following the links from the news on the loading screen. And posted screenshots.
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have to say the ad was slightly misleading, but i get what everyone is pretty much saying. I had a very different expectation from the pack, and my expectations from the 'buy now!'

I read the sentence about 'to prepare for the arrival' of the new content, and assumed I was getting something for my purchase at this time. I did not expect to receive any of the new content until the Aug 22 launch date, however, I did expect to get the parts of the pack that are currently implemented, i.e. char slot, Astral Diamonds, Adventurers pack... so i could 'prepare' and then I would have the new stuff on launch.

no biggie. I was planning to purchase some zen and I saw this and thought ' hell 2 the yeah' and purchased it. Had i not saw the ad, I would have purchased the zen, then bought this at a later time. to me, it costs less than a tank of gas or a few hours at the bar, or to see a movie with the kids... and i will be playing this content and using the items for a much longer period of time than any of those purchases...

Since i had to go through a step to activate this purchase on my account, i did expect to see the new slot and diamonds, but I will just wait until the 36 days pass, so in a sense, they lost a purchase from me had they timed this differently or made it only slightly clearer.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I bypassed them because those screens were NOT the one's I saw when I made my purchase. I linked to those earlier in the thread. I ordered the Feywild pack by following the links from the news on the loading screen. And posted screenshots.

So again because you didnt do ANY sort of research you blame the company for your impulse buying.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Well it's not like you won't ever get your items. Just gotta wait till they patch the content update in.
This discussion has been closed.