test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I bought the new Feywild pack- now what?

wylderfoxwylderfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I purchased the Feywild pack last night and there was no where it was indicated the content would NOT be available, at very least on the preview shard, at the time of purchase.

Is the content I just paid for available to play or not? It WAS a very good deal for the money, I do not see it as "Pay to play" or game-breaking in anyway. Honestly, the new race, the mount, the slyph, et all just appealed to me.

I believe this may be the cleverest way I have seen to get more people interested in beta-testing content on the preview shard...IF... that content is available upon purchase.

For others of you who purchased the packs- is the content available somewhere and I just cannot find it...? or did I just pre-buy something a month in advance? If the latter, it would have been more ethical to detail when it would be available to play as opposed to not being able to access it immediately.

Noticing that most of the people in these threads are not adding anything of substance, I am afraid my post will be lost. So I started this thread.

Please comment only if you are a developer or have purchased the pack please to reduce on spam. Neverwinter is a great MMO and I get a great deal of enjoyment from playing this game. I have no problem supporting the developers of this game when they put out offers that appeal to me.

If other people prefer other games, that's fine... I want this thread answered by someone who has either:
A) also purchased said pack with the same expectations, showing Cryptic that this is not isolated
or
B) a Moderator who can give a timeline as to when the items will be playable- even if it is on the preview-shard.

It is not unreasonable to want to be able to use what I just purchased...especially if it was not indicated I could not do so immediately (see my screenshots later in this thread!) If I am missing something on how to access the new content please let me know!

However, if this is unavailable, then the wording needs to be changed, and I would hope Cryptic would be nice enough to compensate those of us who supported the pack this early without CLEAR indication that the content was not available yet.
Post edited by wylderfox on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The content is not currently available. Once the preview shard updates with the new Feywild content, you will be able to access most of it there.

They did a poor job of indicating that you are pre-ordering stuff. It is only listed as such on this page.
  • wylderfoxwylderfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    dardove wrote: »
    The content is not currently available. Once the preview shard updates with the new Feywild content, you will be able to access most of it there.

They did a poor job of indicating that you are pre-ordering stuff. It is only listed as such on this page.

I agree entirely...THIS is the page I used to order- Note it says "Buy Now!"- thereby inferring the pack would be instantly available:

http://nw.perfectworld.com/feywildpack/feywildknight

This was very misleading. Can we get a title or ward or free token to re-design an existing character or something for being mislead? I'm not asking to break the game here....I am just predicting a lot of people are going to be in the same boat as I am and feel let down and a little cheated after putting down the money.
    I would be DELIGHTED to even just beta-test the thing on the preview shard!
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No it isn't misleading. It says content available Aug 22nd. Key DATE Aug 22nd
  • wylderfoxwylderfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    No it isn't misleading. It says content available Aug 22nd. Key DATE Aug 22nd

Again, please look at the link to the screen where I made the purchase: "Buy NOW!"

It is misleading...also it says "NEW ITEMS NOW AVAILABLE" in the picture below on the loading screen!

screenshot.jpg

**The words "PRE-ORDER are no where to be found on EITHER page, nor in the pages following in making the purchase

Also- here is my receipt from paypal. Again. No "Pre-order" label listed on the product:
    preorder-2.jpg?w=450&h=337
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You wait.........
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Because you are BUYING a PRE-ORDER
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    OP, if you can't figure out what you've purchased by now, you're going to be very disappointed in the future. This is simply history repeating itself.
    edited July 2013
    I am not someone who has been on the forums before and I was introduced to this game by a friend....there is no way for me to know "history repeating itself."

"Now Available" is a term that literally means: "available for use in some context immediately". Otherwise, it should state "New items available for PRE-ORDER Feywild packs!"

I would like a moderator's comment on this thread, since this constitutes false advertizing. I like this game a great deal or I would not have ordered the pack for it. At very least, I would like an indication as to when it will be available on the Preview Shard.

This is not available yet, and this should have been made clear. Not via some obscure screen that indicates it's a pre-order that is not seen during the regular transaction process from the load screen to the purchase screen.

The item transaction itself does not even indicate "Pre-order". I am requesting this to be fixed or it may hurt the credibility of a game I otherwise enjoy very much to several people who saw the same screens I did and acted accordingly.
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This is the exact same situation they did for the HotN and Guardian founder packs just several months ago. Can't you see the similarities? This company thrives on its cryptic wording (pun intended) to lure customers in.
    edited July 2013
    I was not aware the game existed at that point in time- I was introduced to Neverwinter by a friend a few months ago. Therefore, this is my first experience with this.

I know many people who are "new" players who are unaware of prior difficulties.... Please do not assume everyone has been here since day one....and most people do not spend all their time on the forums- they would rather be "in-game"!
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    wylderfox wrote: »
    I was not aware the game existed at that point in time- I was introduced to Neverwinter by a friend a few months ago. Therefore, this is my first experience with this.

I know many people who are "new" players who are unaware of prior difficulties.... Please do not assume everyone has been here since day one....and most people do not spend all their time on the forums- they would rather be "in-game"!

Have you created a New Moon Elf in game yet? I'm wondering how they look, also how's the Unicorn mount and the new companion pet look? Don't forget to pick up your 600k Ad that you also get with this Package you Pre-Ordered that's going to come in handy as well.

Remember, Pre-Ordering Over the internet is just like driving to your local gaming store and Pre-Ordering a video game for your Xbox 360 or Ps3, you don't get the product Until it's released, days or months later. Here is a link too the FAQ page so you can read over what you just paid for and when you will get it.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297671&viewfull=1#post297671
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • vampman06vampman06 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This is the exact same situation they did for the HotN and Guardian founder packs just several months ago. Can't you see the similarities? This company thrives on its cryptic wording (pun intended) to lure customers in.

yeah, i'm still cheesed off with what happened with the HotN and Guardian packs and aint buying another thing from them as i thought it was a one off beta thing
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    Have you created a New Moon Elf in game yet? I'm wondering how they look, also how's the Unicorn mount and the new companion pet look? Don't forget to pick up your 600k Ad that you also get with this Package you Pre-Ordered that's going to come in handy as well.

Remember, Pre-Ordering Over the internet is just like driving to your local gaming store and Pre-Ordering a video game for your Xbox 360 or Ps3, you don't get the product Until it's released, days or months later. Here is a link too the FAQ page so you can read over what you just paid for and when you will get it.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297671&viewfull=1#post297671

Again. You missed my point. It did not indicate PRE-ORDER on any of the screen caps I posted. Sarcasm is unnecessary... and also, why would anyone go to the forums unless there was a problem? Most of us would rather be in-game. Most players do not spend the majority of the time filing through the forums, nor should they.

I did not think there would be a problem- it said "Now Available", so I purchased it.

Hence, I am now on this forum asking for REAL assistance. Not trolling, thank you.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Again. You missed my point. It did not indicate PRE-ORDER on any of the screen caps I posted. Sarcasm is unnecessary.

No, I understand your point, (Read it, Understood It) and I followed it up with a Link to the FAQ'S page for you too Understand what you just paid for, and When you would be getting said product.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • kondarickondaric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You should not have to go to the forums to get the right info.
    edited July 2013
    Again. You missed my point. It did not indicate PRE-ORDER on any of the screen caps I posted. Sarcasm is unnecessary... and also, why would anyone go to the forums unless there was a problem? Most of us would rather be in-game. Most players do not spend the majority of the time filing through the forums, nor should they.

I did not think there would be a problem- it said "Now Available", so I purchased it.

Hence, I am now on this forum asking for REAL assistance. Not trolling, thank you.

It is Available Now for (Pre-Order). Which is why it says Available Now, of course you do not get the product NOW, you get the product on August 22nd 2014 with the rest of us. Just like any other game you Pre-Order from your locale video game store or from any store online. The product is listed as Available Now, so as to inform customers they can start placing their Pre-Orders for the game. Which is then released later on, which is how it's always worked for any Pre-Order game players spend money on.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    It is Available Now for (Pre-Order). Which is why it says Available Now, of course you do not get the product NOW, you get the product on August 22nd 2014 with the rest of us. Just like any other game you Pre-Order from your locale video game store or from any store online. The product is listed as Available Now, so as to inform customers they can start placing their Pre-Orders for the game. Which is then released later on, which is how it's always worked for any Pre-Order game players spend money on.

Again, the Feywild packs were NOT indicated as pre-order in any way clear to the public at large except via an obscure post in the forums. There was no reason not to believe that the new packs would help drum up excitement for the new content.

I am saying there should be clearer indications on the purchase screens and log-in News.
    edited July 2013
    kondaric wrote: »

The real Problem in all of this, Players are reading Available Now as Literally meaning Right NOW. As if the product is some kind of Early Release product in which case it is not. The Site is informing Players as any other online site would, or gaming store would that the product is Available Now for (Pre-Order) scheduled for release when Module 1 comes out on the 22nd if August. Which is stated in the FAQ'S page Cryptic Listed.

I'm sure it sucks to have spent the $60 now, hoping to have access to an early release new race, mount, and companion pet as well as all the other items, but that's not the case.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
    edited July 2013
    kondaric wrote: »

This is exactly my point. Thank you, Kondaric.
    edited July 2013
    Again, the Feywild packs were NOT indicated as pre-order in any way clear to the public at large except via an obscure post in the forums. There was no reason not to believe that the new packs would help drum up excitement for the new content.

I am saying there should be clearer indications on the purchase screens and log-in News.

Yeah, What Cryptic needs too do is in Big Red Lettering make it a little more simpler for players too understand. Have it listed as Available Now for (PRE-ORDER), with the date August 22nd 2014 next too it so as to inform players when the product will be ready.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild

See that button on the right? Not even an obscure post on the forums!

And look here is another one that you dont even need to go to the forums. Read the paragraph at the top of the page and you will see that it states the items arent available yet.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/feywildpack

I know its hard to admit you're wrong, but better get to work.
    edited July 2013
    This is exactly my point. Thank you, Kondaric.

Wait, so what your saying is that you (Should NOT) have to go to the forums to read up on correct information Before you buy the product??? It's treated just like any thing else you spend money on in the world, the more you educate your self about the product you are buying before hand the more you know weather it's worth buying.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
    edited July 2013

The FAQ's Page, please take a moment to read it before spending the $60. I almost made the same mistake and Bought the pack, but I made it a point to find out information on this product before doing so.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Unnecessary post now
    edited July 2013
    Re-read post, im not the same guy and Im agreeing with you.

My Apologies, I deleted that post. Oh well, I'm sure this won't be the end of this issue until Cryptic changes the wording to reflect that pack is Not Available for play until August 22nd, 2014.
    Death_knight.jpg

~Sholom Aleichem
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    That is extremely annoying that they would sell the packs without having them implemented... They should have waited until it was ready!
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    That is extremely annoying that they would sell the packs without having them implemented... They should have waited until it was ready!

That is the point I was trying to make. To the typical consumer who does not live in a Gamestop, when you see "Now Available" in any other type of store or website- it means, literally, "Now Available to use Right Now- As soon as you purchase it."

There are not Forums for Taco Bell when they have a new burrito that is "Now Available.
    edited July 2013
    That is the point I was trying to make. To the typical consumer who does not live in a Gamestop, when you see "Now Available" in any other type of store or website- it means, literally, "Now Available to use Right Now- As soon as you purchase it."

There are not Forums for Taco Bell when they have a new burrito that is "Now Available.

I like how you completely bypass the posts that show that it wasnt just stated on the forums that what you were buying was a pre-order.
  • knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree entirely...THIS is the page I used to order- Note it says "Buy Now!"- thereby inferring the pack would be instantly available:

Buy now doesn't imply available now. It simply says, without implication, that you can buy it now.

However, they would do well to keep their pages on the offer consistent.
  • thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Again, please look at the link to the screen where I made the purchase: "Buy NOW!"

It is misleading...also it says "NEW ITEMS NOW AVAILABLE" in the picture below on the loading screen!

screenshot.jpg

**The words "PRE-ORDER are no where to be found on EITHER page, nor in the pages following in making the purchase

Also- here is my receipt from paypal. Again. No "Pre-order" label listed on the product:
    preorder-2.jpg?w=450&h=337

Don't take words out of context. It read "Unique Items Now Available in Feywild Packs".

The new items are now available in the packs, not that the Packs is available for use now.

"Tickets for next year's Major League Baseball Allstar Game is now available in Ticketmaster" doesn't mean the 2014 MLB Allstar Game is available now.
This discussion has been closed.