test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I bought the new Feywild pack- now what?

13»

Comments

• Options
    wylderfoxwylderfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    I have to say the ad was slightly misleading, but i get what everyone is pretty much saying. I had a very different expectation from the pack, and my expectations from the 'buy now!'

I read the sentence about 'to prepare for the arrival' of the new content, and assumed I was getting something for my purchase at this time. I did not expect to receive any of the new content until the Aug 22 launch date, however, I did expect to get the parts of the pack that are currently implemented, i.e. char slot, Astral Diamonds, Adventurers pack... so i could 'prepare' and then I would have the new stuff on launch.

no biggie. I was planning to purchase some zen and I saw this and thought ' hell 2 the yeah' and purchased it. Had i not saw the ad, I would have purchased the zen, then bought this at a later time. to me, it costs less than a tank of gas or a few hours at the bar, or to see a movie with the kids... and i will be playing this content and using the items for a much longer period of time than any of those purchases...

Since i had to go through a step to activate this purchase on my account, i did expect to see the new slot and diamonds, but I will just wait until the 36 days pass, so in a sense, they lost a purchase from me had they timed this differently or made it only slightly clearer.

Thank you for explaining how it is common to perceive the information as I had- that the new expansion would NOT be unlocked early, but rather, the items in the packs were meant to get people excited for what is to come in a month. A month of people leveling up their Moon Elves and figuring out how the Sylph and rock mechanics work best for play could have been great advertisement for other people to purchase packs leading up to the expansion.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Lol you pretty much said "I know that the content doesn't come out for over a month but because it wasn't in giant bold letters on the tiny loading screen ad I thought I was going to recieve it all immediately!!!!!1111one" (and of course there's no reason you should research anything, not that you should need to since its the module 1 pack and module 1 doesn't come out for 30 some days...)

Reminds me of that commercial... "It's my expansion and I want it now!" Call J.G. Wentworth maybe he can help you.
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    wylderfox wrote: »
    Thank you for explaining how it is common to perceive the information as I had- that the new expansion would NOT be unlocked early, but rather, the items in the packs were meant to get people excited for what is to come in a month. A month of people leveling up their Moon Elves and figuring out how the Sylph and rock mechanics work best for play could have been great advertisement for other people to purchase packs leading up to the expansion.

well, you misread my post. I said i had no expectation to get anything in the pack not in the game, i.e. the things you mention like the moon elf, the sylph, etc. , however, i did expect to get the things that currently exist, i.e. the additional char slot, the ad, the adventurers pack. From other threads, many others had expections simular to the both of us, i.e. partial content or all the content.
    ... and i thought i would get a bag too.. HoTN got the bag last time and the lower pack did not, this time they flip flopped it. but I am a programmer... so you know i do not read anything completely :}
  • Options
    sgrecosgreco Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    cribstaxxx wrote: »
    Lol you pretty much said "I know that the content doesn't come out for over a month but because it wasn't in giant bold letters on the tiny loading screen ad I thought I was going to recieve it all immediately!!!!!1111one" (and of course there's no reason you should research anything, not that you should need to since its the module 1 pack and module 1 doesn't come out for 30 some days...)

Reminds me of that commercial... "It's my expansion and I want it now!" Call J.G. Wentworth maybe he can help you.

Doesnt matter if the ad was tiny or huge. It said "Items available now." That's all the research needed. Its fraud. period.
  • Options
    sgrecosgreco Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No, we blame the company for claiming the items were available now. Theyre not. Its a lie.
  • Options
    cribstaxxxcribstaxxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,300 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sgreco wrote: »
    Doesnt matter if the ad was tiny or huge. It said "Items available now." That's all the research needed. Its fraud. period.

So whenever I see the popup "You've won 20,000 dollars! click here to claim your prize!" I should click and enter all my information every time and I'll be rich within a week?
    Guild Master of <Enemy Team>
    We are definitely dominating, and we are always about to win.
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    sgreco wrote: »
    No, we blame the company for claiming the items were available now. Theyre not. Its a lie.

Available now in the Feywild pack, not Available now in game. You sir are the lie.
  • Options
    ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Don't mean to hijack thread but why is it people won't buy this pack because of the history with the other packs? I'm unfamiliar with it and like others see this pack as a good deal despite being a pre-order.

Pre-order wouldn't put me off purchasing it, can I assume the discounted price will most likely apply to pre-ordering and then nearer release/on release it will go back to full price?
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    ukspawn wrote: »
    Don't mean to hijack thread but why is it people won't buy this pack because of the history with the other packs? I'm unfamiliar with it and like others see this pack as a good deal despite being a pre-order.

Pre-order wouldn't put me off purchasing it, can I assume the discounted price will most likely apply to pre-ordering and then nearer release/on release it will go back to full price?
    I expect some have buyers remorse, regarding the older packs, and want to avoid that with the new pack. I myself am quite happy with the older packs, so my experience with them doesn't sway me against this pack. I expect at some point in the future this latest pack will no longer be available for purchase. I don't expect it to continue to be available at a higher price.
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Might be buyer's remorse. Might also be that there is quite a bit of overlap between the items in the two packs, so if you bought the earlier one, the new one is worth less.

. . . which ties in with the buyer's remorse in that they may be regretting getting the earlier pack because they would rather have the stuff in the new pack.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Available now in the Feywild pack, not Available now in game. You sir are the lie.

Why is this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> going on? Why nitpick like this? Players really don't need to rip each other to shreds over this. Yes the items are in the pack. Obviously some players who bought the pack didn't know the pack itself wasn't in the game yet. Different people took different links to buy the packs. It should have been clearly stated on all of them that it was a preorder. Instead of fluff text that implies otherwise:
    "To get players ready for the dangerous journey ahead, we're introducing two new packs filled with unique items including companions, fashion, and more!"

They sure make it sound like you are getting the stuff before module1's launch date. Cryptic/PWE/Whoever should apologize for the mistake, fix their adds, and be more careful next time. As for the people who bought the packs... live and learn. You'll get your stuff eventually. Just gotta wait for it.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    wylderfoxwylderfox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 43
    edited July 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Why is this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> going on? Why nitpick like this? Players really don't need to rip each other to shreds over this. Yes the items are in the pack. Obviously some players who bought the pack didn't know the pack itself wasn't in the game yet. Different people took different links to buy the packs. It should have been clearly stated on all of them that it was a preorder. Instead of fluff text that implies otherwise:

They sure make it sound like you are getting the stuff before module1's launch date. Cryptic/PWE/Whoever should apologize for the mistake, fix their adds, and be more careful next time. As for the people who bought the packs... live and learn. You'll get your stuff eventually. Just gotta wait for it.

Thank you for putting this so clearly into words for all of us who bought the packs early. You are correct on all counts.

There was no need for me (and others) to be insulted when all I suggested was making the wording clear on ALL links....obviously, this was a common misconception and those feeling "superior" for not "falling for it" isn't helping the matter.

If the game were filled with such horrendous and rude people as I have found in this thread, I would have quit a long time ago. Elitism is not becoming to anyone.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013

It's kind of a case of "power-creep" - the other $60 pack only gives a T2 mount, this one gives a T3 mount. Only the $200 pack gave an exclusive race, while this time it's the $60 one. The other pack only gave a mask, this one gives a full fashion set.

I didn't buy either pack, but I can see why those that bought the 1st one, who in many regards supported the company, are now being looked over as a new and "better" package is rolled out. Will the one after this be even better?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    It's kind of a case of "power-creep" - the other $60 pack only gives a T2 mount, this one gives a T3 mount. Only the $200 pack gave an exclusive race, while this time it's the $60 one. The other pack only gave a mask, this one gives a full fashion set.

I didn't buy either pack, but I can see why those that bought the 1st one, who in many regards supported the company, are now being looked over as a new and "better" package is rolled out. Will the one after this be even better?

An eloquent summation.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . No where does it specifically state the items are available, in fact the main package page even explicitly states they are not available yet (except on possibly the Preview shard). You're misinterpreting the ability to buy it now with the ability to get it now.

. . . . . All one needs to do is look at the item's page, instead of the contents item page, for the product being purchased and one would see the details on availability. Furthermore, there are news articles and even player commentary around the forums. It is not false advertising.

. . . . . False advertising would be like if I say, "Selling 1 Unicorn" and then when you claim your unicorn you actually get a normal horse. That's false advertising. Never-the-less, I shall forward this thread on so that there might be some adjustments to the advertising pages, if needed.

I am closing this thread for multiple levels:

• User(s) professed a legal issue - Please contact Support for Legal Issues and Account Issues (which would cover this entire incident).
    • User(s) power posted in response to all unfavorable replies.
    • Thread is drifting into off topic discussions.
This discussion has been closed.