test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR's make pvp not fun

Comments

• Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    75% of the thread are rogues that are either one or a combination of
    A.) Undergeared
    B.) Incompetent players
    C.) Ignorant players
    D.) Trolls that fear the nerf bat

You make claims that other people have "made up their mind already." As if to say, you haven't done the exact same thing, all the while ignoring video evidence (in the other 25% of the thread) and comments from more renown pvpers that use the perma stealth build and say that it is "el oh el" overpowered. You then say that since there's people that agree with you (All of which fall into the categories above) you are right and anybody else is wrong. But hey at least you do it in a respective manner. Props for respectful hypocrisy. ;)

i'm glad you brought that up!

I actually also think that players who complain about specific class being OP falls in the exact same categories ! ( except for they adore the nerf bat).

Video evidence? i should make videos of how to counter it then but then again, people will just flame me because it is challenging to counter that kind of builds and they ofcourse prefer the easy solution --> nerf nerf nerf ! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    This the I hate TR thread with people pretending to be TR's or just out right QQ'ing, with a smattering of a few reasonable posts.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Video evidence? i should make videos of how to counter it then but then again, people will just flame me because it is challenging to counter that kind of builds and they ofcourse prefer the easy solution --> nerf nerf nerf ! :rolleyes:

Please do! I would like to see how many rejuvenation pots you pop during the process of your attempted counter. Since that is one of the options you offered up for a counter. That is if you are still under the impression that usage of rejuvenation pots in pvp is working as intended right? PvP heal potions 1k per second for 5s with 2minute cooldown.. Major Potion of Rejuvenation 1.2k per 2 seconds for 12 seconds with 12 second cooldown (if it goes on CD). Definitely working as intended, amirite? (This belief speaks volumes to any relevance of your opinion in all matters.)
    This the I hate TR thread with people pretending to be TR's or just out right QQ'ing, with a smattering of a few reasonable posts.

Lol, comments like these speak volumes about your character also. Presumptions that people can't possibly have multiple characters, one of which being the class in question. The intelligence of these responses is waning. Save them l0th!
  • Options
    korpakukac1korpakukac1 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Can't wait to get to lvl 60 with my alt rogue. She will be a perma stealth crazycat feeding on your tears hah!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Can't wait to get to lvl 60 with my alt rogue. She will be a perma stealth crazycat feeding on your tears hah!

lol yah my int rogue is over halfway there to get in on some of the lawlz before the inevitable..
  • Options
    savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I was asking myself why so much hate for the rogues then in my mind eye I saw a great weapon fighter half orc (whose player had a big ego) beaten by an halfling rogue(better if a female one) and i understood :D
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited July 2013
    Please do! I would like to see how many rejuvenation pots you pop during the process of your attempted counter. Since that is one of the options you offered up for a counter. That is if you are still under the impression that usage of rejuvenation pots in pvp is working as intended right? PvP heal potions 1k per second for 5s with 2minute cooldown.. Major Potion of Rejuvenation 1.2k per 2 seconds for 12 seconds with 12 second cooldown (if it goes on CD). Definitely working as intended, amirite? (This belief speaks volumes to any relevance of your opinion in all matters.)

!

and this is where you go under the "ignorant" category :rolleyes:

Give me 1 reason why these "potions" aren't for PvP? because some of them also boost crit chance and power.

Not to mention they are easy to get, and affordable by anyone.

Arguing about that potion doesn't make sense at all, since the ones you pick up from the PvP floors heals even more , amirite?

and at least i offered solutions, what did you offer besides whining and asking for nerfs? really shows what kind of mentality do you have :)
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I was asking myself why so much hate for the rogues then in my mind eye I saw a great weapon fighter half orc (whose player had a big ego) beaten by an halfling rogue(better if a female one) and i understood :D

Unless they spend a metric ton of monies, GWF get beaten by all classes...except maybe CWs.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    utuwerutuwer Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    IMO, the best solution is remove rogues, replace them by GWFs, or GFs, and have fun with permanent prone. Woohoo! :o
    You say 4v5 is impossible? Cool story bro.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lol yah my int rogue is over halfway there to get in on some of the lawlz before the inevitable..

Wait, you hate rogues SO much you are leveling Another rogue? Now I know you are FOS.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    and this is where you go under the "ignorant" category :rolleyes:

Give me 1 reason why these "potions" aren't for PvP? because some of them also boost crit chance and power.

Not to mention they are easy to get, and affordable by anyone.

Arguing about that potion doesn't make sense at all, since the ones you pick up from the PvP floors heals even more , amirite?

and at least i offered solutions, what did you offer besides whining and asking for nerfs? really shows what kind of mentality do you have :)

Even when given the compared stats of rejuvenation potions versus the PvP bought potions you can't grasp the blatant gap in potency. 12s, 7200hp health regen on 12s cooldown (IF it even goes on CD). You sir are extremely intelligent. I know all the offered solutions available to counter this build and I know as a rogue how easily they are to counter counter.
    Wait, you hate rogues SO much you are leveling Another rogue? Now I know you are FOS.

More evidence of your extremely high intellect. Knowing something is a bit overpowered and expressing it, does not inherently mean I "hate" it. It means that I acknowledge that it tips the scales a bit too much in its favor. And it is with this knowledge and the knowledge of how "quickly" the devs get around to updating/changing/fixing content that I plan on getting in on a bit of the rage inducing lawlz while they throw out more mounts and companions to buy at the zen store. :cool:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Even when given the compared stats of rejuvenation potions versus the PvP bought potions you can't grasp the blatant gap in potency. 12s, 7200hp health regen on 12s cooldown (IF it even goes on CD). You sir are extremely intelligent. I know all the offered solutions available to counter this build and I know as a rogue how easily they are to counter counter.

Again your ignorance is blinding you.

You are totally ignoring the fact that the potions picked near capture zones heals ALL your hit points , they are even more severe than the rejuvenation ones.

The fact you are whining about specific build of a class, really shows how ignorant you are about the ways to counter them ( Regen pot was only 1 out of many solutions i mentioned) but then again, you prefer the easy way, so you just complain and ask for nerf instead of using your head.

PS. I didn't only mention how to counter them as a TR, i did mention how to counter them using other classes. I'm surprised you didn't see that as you seem to be interested in my solutions.

FYI , i own a TR/CW/ GWF first two are at lvl 60 and the 3rd is still in process. SO when i'm suggesting solutions they are coming from personal experience while you are just making assumptions based on fairy tales.
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    i did mention how to counter them using other classes

So, a newb DC here. How do I counter a TR? Should I ask them nicely not to hit me while gulping down a regen potion, or should I roll a GWF?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    So, a newb DC here. How do I counter a TR? Should I ask them nicely not to hit me while gulping down a regen potion, or should I roll a GWF?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?399611-GCTRL-s-DPS-BURST-CLERIC

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?390551-GoldRoged-DPS-DC-(guide-coming-soon)

Ask these guys, they are certainly more knowledgeable than me and you when it comes to Clerics.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Again your ignorance is blinding you.

You are totally ignoring the fact that the potions picked near capture zones heals ALL your hit points , they are even more severe than the rejuvenation ones.

The fact you are whining about specific build of a class, really shows how ignorant you are about the ways to counter them ( Regen pot was only 1 out of many solutions i mentioned) but then again, you prefer the easy way, so you just complain and ask for nerf instead of using your head.

PS. I didn't only mention how to counter them as a TR, i did mention how to counter them using other classes. I'm surprised you didn't see that as you seem to be interested in my solutions.

FYI , i own a TR/CW/ GWF first two are at lvl 60 and the 3rd is still in process. SO when i'm suggesting solutions they are coming from personal experience while you are just making assumptions based on fairy tales.

How do timed map dependant potions that require you to run to a particular area to pick up have any relevance in the comparison of the personal item possessions such as the rejuv pots and pvp pots that can be used at any given time regardless of your position on the map. Please elaborate their relevancy.

Why aren't potions of major healing usable in PvP? Oh that's right because they wanted to separate PVE healing potions from the PvP and they missed one.

PS If your reading comprehension was a bit better you would fathom that I mentioned that I have read and know all the offered counters to this particular build. It is with this knowledge and the knowledge of whats available as a rogue that the counter counters are easily performed.

FYI, I own a CW/DC/TR all of which are lvl 60. Int rogue and gwf are still in the process. So when I'm offering my opinions about your suggestions they are coming from personal experience while you are merely making ignorant assumptions. Cheers mate ;)
  • Options
    evilderprimus88evilderprimus88 Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

I've read those threads, and the problem is that such builds are not viable in PvE, while respec costs money. Doing so every time is not economical and hardly fair, since triksters don't have to do the same thing to enjoy both parts of the game, right?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    How do timed map dependant potions that require you to run to a particular area to pick up have any relevance in the comparison of the personal item possessions such as the rejuv pots and pvp pots that can be used at any given time regardless of your position on the map. Please elaborate their relevancy.

Why aren't potions of major healing usable in PvP? Oh that's right because they wanted to separate PVE healing potions from the PvP and they missed one.

PS If your reading comprehension was a bit better you would fathom that I mentioned that I have read and know all the offered counters to this particular build. It is with this knowledge and the knowledge of whats available as a rogue that the counter counters are easily performed.

FYI, I own a CW/DC/TR all of which are lvl 60. Int rogue and gwf are still in the process. So when I'm offering my opinions about your suggestions they are coming from personal experience while you are merely making ignorant assumptions. Cheers mate ;)

I will be more than pleased to ellaborate :

1- The ones the you require to " run" to get, can be used even when you are full HP. Which means they will still work even if you are completely full HP so when you get hit, you will regen.

2- The regen potions that you claim are only for "PVE" cannot be used when your HP is full. And they heal waaay less than the ones you pick.

I hope that was clear enough.

I'm not offering suggestions, i'm offering solutions which i tested myself ( on CW / TR ). Even my GWF friends already countered many of these perma TRs builds easily and same goes with GFs.

Then again i'm asking you, what did you offer beside whining and asking for a nerf ?:rolleyes:

Cheers.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I've read those threads, and the problem is that such builds are not viable in PvE, while respec costs money. Doing so every time is not economical and hardly fair, since triksters don't have to do the same thing to enjoy both parts of the game, right?

Doubt you have even read the first 2 sentences.
    ppl keep saying that DCs are not good for pvp, but if use the right build, enchantments and skills, a DC can turn into a OP class for pvp. ill make a dps DC guide soon.

this is some of what u can do with this build: (its a dps build, but i also got encounters to support in dungeons, this build is good enough to finish CN with 1 DC).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AxTfpnjpBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLZjoPQYhDo

)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I will be more than pleased to ellaborate :

1- The ones the you require to " run" to get, can be used even when you are full HP. Which means they will still work even if you are completely full HP so when you get hit, you will regen.

2- The regen potions that you claim are only for "PVE" cannot be used when your HP is full. And they heal waaay less than the ones you pick.

I hope that was clear enough.

I'm not offering suggestions, i'm offering solutions which i tested myself ( on CW / TR ). Even my GWF friends already countered many of these perma TRs builds easily and same goes with GFs.

Then again i'm asking you, what did you offer beside whining and asking for a nerf ?:rolleyes:

Cheers.

I feel as if attempting to have this argument with you is somehow lowering my IQ due to attempting to understand your flawed logic. I just hope I'm not the only one that finds your attempts to compare map health potions to rejuvenation pots and due to the map health pots, rejuv potions were intended for use in PvP as quite laughable. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I just hope I'm not the only one that finds your attempts to compare map health potions to rejuvenation pots and due to the map health pots, rejuv potions were intended for use in PvP as quite laughable. :D

Even when i mentioned the difference and stated how they work differently... oh well.
    I feel as if attempting to have this argument with you is somehow lowering my IQ due to attempting to understand your flawed logic.

Mutual feeling, my friend, with you or anyone saying the same fairy tales about perma rogues :). <3
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Although a lot of folks on this thread would claim a TR is OP no matter what, if you actually take a look yourself at the perma-stealth build, you'll see that the perma-stealh build isn't really recommended for pve. It's also not a glee-fest like some posters here would like to have you believe.

Counters against stealth can be found here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?396031-Stealth-FAQ-vs-misconceptions-and-hysteria

edit:This thread seems to me to be a typical whine-nerf-troll post. It's the same personal drama story without any facts but filled with tearful stories how the poor OP got unfairly wasted due to excessive skills and powers of another class.
    Any disagreement or suggestion is met with personal attacks, and the thread degresses in flames and hurt ego's.

Don't feed the trolls, folks, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    yerune wrote: »

And any suggested counter in this thread and any others can be simply countered by the rogue by simply moving/dodging with his 30% movement speed while stealthed and 10% stealth gain on dodge. Whether it be kiting, chasing, or simply repositioning to avoid aoe. I guess you could also mention bait and switch for more stealth, evade, distraction, and AP gain.

You seemed to have digressed yerune the past few posts I've read seem to be filled with a lot of anger. Not including the video posts that their points were lost on me. :(
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I some questions for all the people who think rogues are OP. Did you level up through pvp? If so did you think rogues were OP while levelling through PvP or did you start thinking they were OP at level cap? If you thought they were OP while levelling in pvp, what class did you play? If you played multiple classes were there some classes against which you thought rogues were particularly OP?
  • Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    GWFs make pvp not fun
    CWs make pvp not fun
    GFs make pvp not fun

I wanted to reply with the same :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    I some questions for all the people who think rogues are OP. Did you level up through pvp? If so did you think rogues were OP while levelling through PvP or did you start thinking they were OP at level cap? If you thought they were OP while levelling in pvp, what class did you play? If you played multiple classes were there some classes against which you thought rogues were particularly OP?

I've leveled through PvP a couple times. Rogues are overpowered throughout. Their kill counts are around 30 or 40 and they die perhaps 4 or 5 times. The next highest kill count to a rogue typically is 10 unless people are finishing off rogue hits.
  • Options
    vangeraldvangerald Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    For me it is not the TR per se, it is the stuns and holds.

In D&D, there would be a saving roll to avoid stun like attacks.

Here, they are 100% and both the CW and TR can negate any other class.

I played a GF up to 60, and I found a single stun leaves her open to being sliced like sushi.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    vangerald wrote: »
    For me it is not the TR per se, it is the stuns and holds.

In D&D, there would be a saving roll to avoid stun like attacks.

Here, they are 100% and both the CW and TR can negate any other class.

I played a GF up to 60, and I found a single stun leaves her open to being sliced like sushi.

a saving throw against stuns would destroy my cleric which relies upon chains of light in PvP... rogues seem way over powered or bugged, just played against one that was totally immune to all attacks I fought it awhile and cast my daily hammer and it was immune the entire time, then I died and another team mate was there already and had the same result and then two more team members showed up and they both were killed with zero damage to the immune heavy damage dealing rogue, I'd really like to know how that is even possible... in any case I left.
  • Options
    vangeraldvangerald Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    a saving throw against stuns would destroy my cleric which relies upon chains of light in PvP... rogues seem way over powered or bugged, just played against one that was totally immune to all attacks I fought it awhile and cast my daily hammer and it was immune the entire time, then I died and another team mate was there already and had the same result and then two more team members showed up and they both were killed with zero damage to the immune heavy damage dealing rogue, I'd really like to know how that is even possible... in any case I left.

To be fair, the Cleric Chain of Light can be dodged just by avoiding it. So it is not an instant stun like the others.

And I have also observed immortal TR, with a GF with shield up. And died like a dog.
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

You seemed to have digressed yerune the past few posts I've read seem to be filled with a lot of anger. Not including the video posts that their points were lost on me. :(

True, I'm getting increasingly annoyed with the monotonous feedback I get whenever I or other folks who play TR's are actively participating in an intelligent discussion about the myths and facts on stealth.

I mean, how many more times do I need to prove stealth is not invisibility? It's becoming too much of a dead horse and I'm not happy with what the smell attracts.
  • Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    Kill counts are irrelevant IMO because I personally KS a lot and I die less because I'm a "coward", I play the TR guerrilla style
    I ambush, do as much damage as I can if I feel that I can finish them I stay and fight, if we are 1v1 I stay and fight, if someone comes to help my target I run, if I'm close to dying I focus on running away

the points you get for capping nodes are the only thing that matter, after all the top player is there because he got nodes not because of his kill/death ratio

as a DC I always finish in the top 3 because I cap nodes and sometimes I have 0 kills but I almost always top in assists

P.S. we should start making videos of other classes countering TRs, maybe then people will listen
    when I get my DC to 60 and gear him up i'll definitely do some videos, currently on lvl 50

P.P.S. the immortality thingy is some kind of cheat/hack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]