test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[The Temple of Lolth]...Trading reviews all week!

Comments

• Options
    nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    savaikun wrote: »
    Hey Nyghoma, so far so good and amazing work. However, I'm not the only one getting stuck in walls. Sadly I could not complete your quest because of this issue (which coincidentally happened to me 3 times and so I had to give up for the time being), but I'll be sure to give it another go later. I'm really looking forward to rest of the quest in which I could not complete.
    Awesome work,

Savai, <3

I'm tighten things up when the foundry is fixed.

Do you remember where you were getting stuck?
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    docsc00ter wrote: »
    Oh, yeah. I knew where I was headed, and came across the NPC and that (extremely deadly!) hidden room beyond the teleport. But I got stuck behind an invisible wall trying to get there. I just couldn't jump out. I finally did the old "/killme" trick and gave it another go (though it was a bit tricky finding my way back), and became stuck at the same point. Trying to jump out of it dropped me into that same place with the two trolls -- behind an iron gate, but before the entrance to the next map in the quest. Really weird. Near as I could tell, I followed the same path the next time through and didn't get caught behind an invisible wall. So I have no idea how it happened.

Yeap I know the spot. I'll need to add an invis ceiling to that area too. Thanks for pointing that out!:cool:
    By the way, I'm curious about your approach to building the maps. They were truly brilliant! I saw some very creative use of detail pieces (such as using column posts turned upside down and lined up from the roof to form a top set of "teeth" like architectural detail... very cool). Were these all indoor maps? Or did you build interior spaces in a blank outdoor map? Also, many of the more "claustrophobic" spaces involved ceilings that you created and kept low (near as I could tell). Any tips for how you went about that?

All the maps are empty custom maps, except for the temple map. For that transition I used the only drow map Cryptic had to offer. I couldn't replicate a statue arrangement they had on it, so I was forced to use it for that asset. The map was still 90% empty though.

1st map was human interior "Noble's House". I just used 1 room up top and the basement.
    2nd map was the outdoor peninsula. Totally bare.
    3rd was clockwork tower boss room and the huge cave map, and a crypt room.
    4th was a large cave map.
    And 5th was that Whispering cavern map.

All of the big maps are at 1500 assets. as far as my method, I just take it step by step, one section at a time. I have a vision and arrangement in mind, skim the asset library, and just drop down assets that might work. No real science to it.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    edited July 2013
    runis12 wrote: »
    Thanks Ghom-Ghoms. I know I whined a little about my quest being my first and I've come so far since then and blah, blah, you know. I'd appreciate an honest review anyhow- no need to be gentle. I'd like to add that out of all the drow quests I've played - and there are a lot out there - yours is honestly my favorite. I have not played one so engrossed in lore as yours. I feel like I can rely on your quests as reference for drow lore. I created an Underdark trading post that looks like a circus compared to what I played through in your quest. Totally not a**-kissing. I am just amazed by your work. :)

Runis, if this gives you any perspective. We used to run a Wednesday stream to feature quests we enjoy as a guild. Yours was one of the quests that we were going to run before we decided to axe Wednesdays. Your quest is fantastic.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Aw thanks! What guild is that? If it was the Forgemaster one (or whatever it was called) I'm surprised the quest was considered (as it didn't meet the streaming prerequisites from what I saw). Anyway, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread or anything. I still have those screenshots (of your quest) if you need them for whatever reason and I'll be around if you require any more testing!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Just finished it. Was very nice. Lots of detail everywhere. Puts my simple maps to shame. You obviously spent lots of time making it great. Congrats. :)

Rated and reviewed!
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    shefenhowshefenhow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    Just run this it's great (Rated and Reviewed!). Lots of lore as others have said, and beautiful scenery. The end fight seemed a good balance and felt busy/epic without being impossible. I was playing with a 20 DC if it matters.

I will mail you a couple of things I noticed (as there's spoilers in there), but they are tiny and irrelevant,

One thing though, "Niktikka the Widow S..." got truncated as the name was too long. Was the word starting with "S" "Swanky"? lol.

Cheers,

Don't worry about a return review. I have yet to finish one :)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Oh, yeah. I knew where I was headed, and came across the NPC and that (extremely deadly!) hidden room beyond the teleport. But I got stuck behind an invisible wall trying to get there. I just couldn't jump out. I finally did the old "/killme" trick and gave it another go (though it was a bit tricky finding my way back), and became stuck at the same point. Trying to jump out of it dropped me into that same place with the two trolls -- behind an iron gate, but before the entrance to the next map in the quest. Really weird. Near as I could tell, I followed the same path the next time through and didn't get caught behind an invisible wall. So I have no idea how it happened.

By the way, I'm curious about your approach to building the maps. They were truly brilliant! I saw some very creative use of detail pieces (such as using column posts turned upside down and lined up from the roof to form a top set of "teeth" like architectural detail... very cool). Were these all indoor maps? Or did you build interior spaces in a blank outdoor map? Also, many of the more "claustrophobic" spaces involved ceilings that you created and kept low (near as I could tell). Any tips for how you went about that?

Rated and reviewed!:cool:
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nyghoma wrote: »
    Rated and reviewed!

Thanks. Can't see what you wrote yet (if anything). Foundry search is down for me. After playing yours I realize I've got a lot more decorating to do though. You raised the bar very high.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Aw thanks! What guild is that? If it was the Forgemaster one (or whatever it was called) I'm surprised the quest was considered (as it didn't meet the streaming prerequisites from what I saw). Anyway, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread or anything. I still have those screenshots (of your quest) if you need them for whatever reason and I'll be around if you require any more testing!

Yup its the Forge. And I made note of those areas. Thanks man.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    No doubting this is a 5* quest - truly ambitious.

I do have one nit-pick that may be completely out of your hands. When in dialogue, it isn't possible to see the scenes with the dialogue box open - for example, when Sharo is opening portals. I suppose I could have restarted dialogue and repositioned my character until she was in the right place to see animations, but as I wasn't expecting them to happen, the moment was gone before I thought of that...plus it was too late for much stopping and starting.

I'm sure you will be polishing up the script and aside from correcting the typos and misspellings, I think you could re-work the dialogue immediately you land at Widow's Peak (or Breach? the part where you explain about the side quest anyway). From memory it goes something like narrative, followed by Sharo's dialogue, followed by OOC information, followed by Sharo's dialogue, followed by DM Note. It felt like there was just too many different types of information all on the one page (it reminded me of our table top games where everyone is trying to speak at once :D). Perhaps you could carry some of the text onto another page?

There was no 'good' stuff, cus everything else was GREAT. There are very few maps in the OC that meet the quality of yours, they made me want to explore and I covered every inch of them that I could - all without getting stuck once! The lighting, or lack of was phenomenal too. Combat was very well balanced at L60 and the final battle was the closest thing to a dungeon boss fight I have seen in a solo Foundry Quest.

Bravo and thank you.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    shefenhow wrote: »
    Just run this it's great (Rated and Reviewed!). Lots of lore as others have said, and beautiful scenery. The end fight seemed a good balance and felt busy/epic without being impossible. I was playing with a 20 DC if it matters.

I will mail you a couple of things I noticed (as there's spoilers in there), but they are tiny and irrelevant,

One thing though, "Niktikka the Widow S..." got truncated as the name was too long. Was the word starting with "S" "Swanky"? lol.

Cheers,

Don't worry about a return review. I have yet to finish one :)

Cheers! Thanks for taking the time to play. I'll have to fix that title.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    edited July 2013
    karitr wrote: »
    No doubting this is a 5* quest - truly ambitious.

I do have one nit-pick that may be completely out of your hands. When in dialogue, it isn't possible to see the scenes with the dialogue box open - for example, when Sharo is opening portals. I suppose I could have restarted dialogue and repositioned my character until she was in the right place to see animations, but as I wasn't expecting them to happen, the moment was gone before I thought of that...plus it was too late for much stopping and starting.

I'm sure you will be polishing up the script and aside from correcting the typos and misspellings, I think you could re-work the dialogue immediately you land at Widow's Peak (or Breach? the part where you explain about the side quest anyway). From memory it goes something like narrative, followed by Sharo's dialogue, followed by OOC information, followed by Sharo's dialogue, followed by DM Note. It felt like there was just too many different types of information all on the one page (it reminded me of our table top games where everyone is trying to speak at once :D). Perhaps you could carry some of the text onto another page?

There was no 'good' stuff, cus everything else was GREAT. There are very few maps in the OC that meet the quality of yours, they made me want to explore and I covered every inch of them that I could - all without getting stuck once! The lighting, or lack of was phenomenal too. Combat was very well balanced at L60 and the final battle was the closest thing to a dungeon boss fight I have seen in a solo Foundry Quest.

Bravo and thank you.

That's actually a good suggestion. And thank you for the awesome review. Everyone in this thread is very kind.:cool:
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Anyone need more trades?
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Afternoon bump
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    edited July 2013
    EDIT: Waiting on publish....

All flagged bugs fixed! Starting on last map.:cool:
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    runis12runis12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Cool. Definitely playing this again. :cool:
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Cool. Definitely playing this again. :cool:

<3 Runis!!!
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    delthanindelthanin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Anybody who hasn't ran through this quest yet needs to do so. It's good stuff.

Going to give this quest another run tonight or tomorrow (tabletop session tonight, and all that jazz) to see how it's looking since the last play.

Don't worry about a trade. Not worried about getting any until my 2nd quest is out. :p
  • Options
    aschlauderaffaschlauderaff Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Will play this if you could play mine and write a review for it-

The Isles of Woe
    NW-DR3EEU77M
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    delthanin wrote: »
    Anybody who hasn't ran through this quest yet needs to do so. It's good stuff.

Going to give this quest another run tonight or tomorrow (tabletop session tonight, and all that jazz) to see how it's looking since the last play.

Don't worry about a trade. Not worried about getting any until my 2nd quest is out.

Thx Delt! Made a few fixes since. Looks like I'm going to have to tone down the Shade Caller fight and possibly tweak the last boss fight today.

EDIT: The alt ending map isnt in yet. Need more time since foundry was down.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like this is a good one, will add to my list (may take a day or two to get to it). I could always use an extra play on mine, dialogue driven short comedy, info in sig.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    sarkany69sarkany69 Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    I'll check yours out and update my post with review when I did. You mind trying to do my second quest? I can understand if you cant since I tried to make it for 2-3 players. Info in sig

Edit: When I got the quest "Enter Rilyn-Xull'Ani" the Quest tracker kept leading me back to the campfire. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out where to go. I also ran out of time so I'll have to complete it later. Other than it being a pretty dark map, I thought you did an amazing job. I doubt I'd ever come close to making a map as complex as yours.
    Campaign: NWS-DE986PLQS - Zombie Infestation
    NW-DIG3FBD2Q - Part 1 - Initial Attack - (Eligible for daily) Click here to see Video review by @Visigoth18
    NW-DNG6BTL9C - Part 2 - Retaliation - (Now daily eligible - thanks for the support everyone)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Awesome guys. I'll be jumping on your quests today after my stream.:cool:
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    I have your new quest on my list to do tomorrow; I am looking for mainly feedback on my other quest Sacred Heart NW-DECMTQMEA, as it has been left behind over The Wishing Ceremony.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    sarkany69 wrote: »
    I'll check yours out and update my post with review when I did. You mind trying to do my second quest? I can understand if you cant since I tried to make it for 2-3 players. Info in sig

Edit: When I got the quest "Enter Rilyn-Xull'Ani" the Quest tracker kept leading me back to the campfire. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out where to go. I also ran out of time so I'll have to complete it later. Other than it being a pretty dark map, I thought you did an amazing job. I doubt I'd ever come close to making a map as complex as yours.

I'll have to look into that, thanks for flagging that for me. Btw, you needed to enter the big drow archway within the fort walls where you fought the Ebon Shard Wardens (golems).
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I just toned down the Shade-Caller and the boss fight. Let me know how it goes folks.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Will play this if you could play mine and write a review for it-

The Isles of Woe
    NW-DR3EEU77M

Rated and reviewed!
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    sarkany69sarkany69 Member Posts: 59
    edited July 2013
    I managed to pick up the quest from where I left off. I did find the door and after that no more problems. The shade caller was fairly easy. The boss fight on the other hand was difficult but that's what a boss fight is supposed to be right?

I did notice one minor mistake when you find Zovya: "Zovya! What heinous acts have they subjected you too, my diiri?"

should be "to" instead of "too"

It's a shame I cant get a group together, after playing this map, I'd love to try your others.

Your quest seriously puts mine to shame, I might have to change my rating practices... :-\
    Campaign: NWS-DE986PLQS - Zombie Infestation
    NW-DIG3FBD2Q - Part 1 - Initial Attack - (Eligible for daily) Click here to see Video review by @Visigoth18
    NW-DNG6BTL9C - Part 2 - Retaliation - (Now daily eligible - thanks for the support everyone)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Sounds like this is a good one, will add to my list (may take a day or two to get to it). I could always use an extra play on mine, dialogue driven short comedy, info in sig.
    Rated and reviewed!

Retaliation next.
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

• Options
    edited July 2013
    sarkany69 wrote: »

Rated and reviewed!
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH