test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No raids, not even in the works.

rannox1rannox1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
In an interview just a few moments ago, it was discovered that Cryptic isn't even currently working on raids... so for those of you waiting for them, either wait some more, or give up.

13:40 is when the question is asked:
http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/c/2562679
Post edited by rannox1 on

Comments

• leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    You actually expected raids? lol...I would just like for them to fix bugs, remove bots, add paragon paths and classes and more depth. Raids will never happen, it would be the most adds you've ever seen.
  • carrotpakcarrotpak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bad game is bad... dun expect too much
  • ergophobianergophobian Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    Just posting because forum search doesn't work.
  • leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Something I got out of the video-NO new class for Module 1. We must go months with 1 paragon path and 5 classes...lol.
  • riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rannox1 wrote: »
    In an interview just a few moments ago, it was discovered that Cryptic isn't even currently working on raids... so for those of you waiting for them, either wait some more, or give up.

13:40 is when the question is asked:
    http://www.twitch.tv/mmorpgcom/c/2562679
    Gauntlgrym is a raid. A great one, in fact.
  • chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    leshil40 wrote: »
    Something I got out of the video-NO new class for Module 1. We must go months with 1 paragon path and 5 classes...lol.

I tried to overlook that part of the interview by making noises so as to drown it out. I guess this gives the developers plenty of time to focus on fixing the five classes they have in game right now.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    With the amount of things that get broken the very second it's released, I'm kind glad they're not bringing out major Raid content.

There are many more things that need their attention. Bugs, exploits, Paragon Paths...
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Something you implied or stated explicitly? We know there are two classes under development; even IF they aren't coming out with module 1 then they are coming out. Timescales are still up in the air.
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
    edited July 2013
    Watch the video. He's asked directly if it will be in module 1...he said no it would be out by the end of the year. It's one class about 40% complete.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    I tried to overlook that part of the interview by making noises so as to drown it out. I guess this gives the developers plenty of time to focus on fixing the five classes they have in game right now.

who says they are planning to work on the five classes they have now... their idea of fixing them has often been to get out the nut clippers
  • rannox1rannox1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    riqita wrote: »

We really need a /sarcasm in this... I mean, you can't be serious... can you?
  • jim2108jim2108 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013

GG is not a raid it's a badly broken pvp match
  • x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Watch the video. He's asked directly if it will be in module 1...he said no it would be out by the end of the year. It's one class about 40% complete.

Yeah but I guess Andy is the "Bill Roper" :p of NWO, because on Apr 19 he said in a interview with Massively this:
    There are five classes at launch. Are there any other classes you're working on that you're not prepared to discuss yet?

We've already started work on classes six and seven. In fact, class six was really close to making it for the launch of the game.

One of the things we're trying to do with Neverwinter is to ensure that we don't just put out tons of stuff but put we put out things of high quality. It wasn't that class six wasn't good -- it's actually many of the developers' favorite right now -- but we wanted more time to focus on the launch and make it awesome. We figured that if the classes we released were really good, people would stick around to see what comes later, as opposed to if we put out a bunch of classes that are whatever, then nobody will care when we say that class 10 is coming next month.
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/04/19/massively-exclusive-neverwinter-pre-launch-interview-part-one/

Take his words with a grain of salt.....................
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rannox1 wrote: »
    We really need a /sarcasm in this... I mean, you can't be serious... can you?

Was thinking the exact same thing.

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • spacebux66spacebux66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    no pandas either T.T

the 20 guys in my weekly tabletop d&d group are all very disappointed at this sad development
  • mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

This is extremely discouraging....... as someone who's already leveled every class to 60, been through all the story contentso many times, played with all the dungeons, gauntlegrym, etc...... there's going to be very little reason for me to continue playing if they're not releasing a new class....... way to drop the ball and let us down cryptic! :(
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Many people have already left Neverwinter; Module 1 wasn't going to keep them here regardless. However, as stated above, I think there are a LOT of people who are either at max level on multiple characters or have spent endless hours in the end-game that are DEPENDING on something new to keep them playing in Module 1.

I wasn't expecting 20-man raids - but the content in module 1 seems lack-lustre, there is no vertical loot gains, only horizontal (fancy spending hours replacing T2 gear with ... T2 gear), and now it seems no new classes either.

There will always be people who enjoy this game and will play it anyway, but I think Module 1 could be a make-or-break point for much of Neverwinter's player-base.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

Not sure if trolling or stupid..
  • shattarstarshattarstar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Its funny actually cause i recall an interviev from before game went "live" where someone from Dev team stated that one class is almost complete and now it went backwards to 40% lol.
  • derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    No pandas , i am disappoint.
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There has been a lot of grumbling about how the only real mechanic on boss fights that matter is the add saturation. It would not surprise me if they were working on ways to make new bosses challenging within the framework of their software. Once they have these ideas down and working, we may see some "raid-like" content introduced.

I would really like to see something sort of like GW2.

1. A call to arms echoes across the realms! the community of (insert town here) is being attacked!
    2. A new icon appears on the mini-map with crossed swords over it.
    3. Player accepts quest for "call to arms" and is put in a que with other party members (premades allowed)
    4. when que is full , instance is created and party is ported to village.
    5. Party fights monster army.
    6. After a few waves of elite mobs and mini-bosses, the main boss appears.
    7. Defeat main boss a chest appears.
    8. Loot is random with some guaranteed drop quality sort of like the way they do profession packs.
    9. If at any point in the "call to arms" your party wipes, they are teleported back to where they queued and can not queue again for that particular "call to arms" Failure means something.
    10. After the event finishes, a main pop appears for all who participated. It explains either that the players or monsters won, and if players win then they receive some AD. If monsters win they get nothing but what they looted if they survived their instance.

Just a stolen Idea that may possibly work here.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Terrible game is terrible. Horrible, greedy, money-grubbing evil company called PWE is horrible, greedy, money-grubbing evil company.
  • llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    skalt112 wrote: »
    There has been a lot of grumbling about how the only real mechanic on boss fights that matter is the add saturation. It would not surprise me if they were working on ways to make new bosses challenging within the framework of their software. Once they have these ideas down and working, we may see some "raid-like" content introduced.

1. A call to arms echoes across the realms! the community of (insert town here) is being attacked!
    3. Player accepts quest for "call to arms" and is put in a que with other party members (premades allowed)
    8. Loot is random with some guaranteed drop quality sort of like the way they do profession packs.
    9. If at any point in the "call to arms" your party wipes, they are teleported back to where they queued and can not queue again for that particular "call to arms" Failure means something.
    10. After the event finishes, a main pop appears for all who participated. It explains either that the players or monsters won, and if players win then they receive some AD. If monsters win they get nothing but what they looted if they survived their instance.

LOL you're dreaming if you think Cryptic is half as talented and driven to make a good game like Arena Net is.

GW2 is trying to push out new content every 2 weeks and already has a wealth of non-buggy and non-exploitable content already in the game. They have actual boss mechanics in the game, although not as complicated as Rift or WoW. They actually have a customer service department and real GMs to take care of issues. They actually fix the bugs and major exploits within a few days of finding out about it, not weeks and months later like Cryptic.

Take this game for what it is and always will be: A cash grab game that's simplistic, casual, little content, with tons of bots and exploiters everywhere. The only good things Neverwinter ever had going for it are the combat system and good graphics. Don't expect more out of this game or you'll be sorely disappointed.
  • lyfebanelyfebane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 312 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

In Startrek the skirishes kinda work that way, que up, more than 1 group defend station, invade station , kill the borg etc. You got a token (usable for equipement, and drops. I am sure it could be applied to the skirishes in Neverwinter. likely though, you would not call it a raid, though raid like.

But they have said that delves are really the highest content and they where not doing raids as such, though it was hinted that some other content might come that has more poeple. This I thought would be more than 1 group skirishes and maybe a 10 man delve. But we will see how or if that happens.

The lack of more classes is disappointing, though as I have said before, I would have perferred basic classes war,rog,cleric,wizard till 30 then added paragons paths ie guardian fighter/great weapon fighter at 30 adding the skills for those from 30 aswell as the paragon feat trees. I think they could still do that and make it easier to add "new" paths/classes as each path would pretty much equate to a class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am not evil, I am just cursed.
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    llclickll wrote: »
    LOL you're dreaming if you think Cryptic is half as talented and driven to make a good game like Arena Net is.

GW2 is trying to push out new content every 2 weeks and already has a wealth of non-buggy and non-exploitable content already in the game. They have actual boss mechanics in the game, although not as complicated as Rift or WoW. They actually have a customer service department and real GMs to take care of issues. They actually fix the bugs and major exploits within a few days of finding out about it, not weeks and months later like Cryptic.

Take this game for what it is and always will be: A cash grab game that's simplistic, casual, little content, with tons of bots and exploiters everywhere. The only good things Neverwinter ever had going for it are the combat system and good graphics. Don't expect more out of this game or you'll be sorely disappointed.

Dreams are what makes life worth living :D
  • llclickllllclickll Banned Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Dreams are what makes life worth living :D

Just saying, raids, real boss mechanics, world events, and anything else GW2 or other true MMOs have, will never happen in Neverwinter. There's no point in even dreaming about it.
    edited July 2013
    After watching and listening to the interview, it pretty much seals the deal for me. It's obvious what type of mindset is running the show. "We haven't had consistent complaints across the board regarding the number of currencies." LOL? hahahaha. "We want to rap new lore around a release of companions and races with new modules." ROFL... Basically, the IP is used as a wrapper for the Zen shop in a very blatant manner. No substance, just here's some new lore while we add more depth to our cash shop.

I was holding out hope for the last few weeks...I WAS!
  • azmoran11azmoran11 Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2013

Troll, or someone who has never raided in another game.....EVER. I am going with Troll for now, I will give the benefit of the doubt.
  • ruprect1ruprect1 Member Posts: 67
    edited July 2013
    Why does endgame always have to be raids? GW2 is a great game and has no raiding.
    edited July 2013
    ruprect1 wrote: »
    Why does endgame always have to be raids? GW2 is a great game and has no raiding.

Pure opinion. GW2 was a good once through, after that it was bland, boring and shallow. Sound familiar? The new trend with the new "Action" MMO