Saved for part 5
  • Options
    copperwirecopperwire Member Posts: 35
    edited July 2013
    Saved for Part 5
  • Options
    hawker2612hawker2612 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think this is a great idea for those who truly love PvP and want to play it in as decent and dignified way as possible. I myself am new to PvP but I will definately put this to my guild members to see if they might interested. A similar thing was done on UO at one point and it worked out great and people really enjoyed it and had fun. Plus it can also bring out the best in those who have done some PvP before but not had any great matches due to Exploiters, bots and OP players curb stomping them =]. Great idea dude and hopefully I will see you on the field at some point.

-Brumak@hawker2612
  • Options
    blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited July 2013
    Why is impossible to catch considered a bugged/exploit ability? Just because it's a strong ability and completely class-defining? Why not bar other strong and/or class defining abilities to while you're at it? CW shouldn't be able to use entangling force, GWFs shouldn't be able to use unstoppable, GFs shouldn't be able to use front-line surge, and DCs shouldn't be able to use astral shield.
  • Options
    cinj216cinj216 Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    While I understand that Ferocious Reaction has an exploit involved with it (presumably as I haven't seen any definitive proof one way or the other), I'm curious how Impossible to Catch is considered exploitative as I've heard nothing about this save the occasional whiner who can't deal with Rogues having moves that keep them from getting one (or two)-shotted.

Maybe I'm just out of the loop, but explain please.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    There is a bug where if a TR is stunned while in ITC all cooldowns are reset, which is how you see TR's that keep it active for long periods of time. If you would like to see it in action, watch TR's in PvP and count the number of seconds ITC stays active.

As to FR, there is a bug where it procs multiple times. I main a GF. I have had it proc 7 times at once a few times. Personally, I have stopped using it in PvP.
  • Options
    ikimilyikimily Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    bumpppppppppppity bump bump =)
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Seems completely balanced to ban certain class-defining PVP abilities in "competitive PVP" tournament. Good luck with that.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    copperwire wrote: »
    There is a bug where if a TR is stunned while in ITC all cooldowns are reset, which is how you see TR's that keep it active for long periods of time. If you would like to see it in action, watch TR's in PvP and count the number of seconds ITC stays active.

Per the whining and evidence clause in the original post, where is your evidence? You need a video or screenshot or something otherwise you're just making stuff up. There is no bug where the cooldown on ITC gets reset. There is a hack that a lot of botters use to have permanent ITC up but that is not a bug/exploit, its a legitimate hack (i.e., they modify game files to do it). There's absolutely no reason to ban ITC from this tournament except that the original poster probably plays a GF/CW and doesn't like the ability being used against him.
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

As to FR, there is a bug where it procs multiple times. I main a GF. I have had it proc 7 times at once a few times. Personally, I have stopped using it in PvP.

I went against a rogue or two like this tonight. In two matches, two rogues had this going on. Of course, I get owned when I use it. Tired of all the exploits.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I went against a rogue or two like this tonight. In two matches, two rogues had this going on. Of course, I get owned when I use it. Tired of all the exploits.

It's not an exploit/bug, it's a hack. There's a huge difference between the two. Disallowing ITC because some people use hacks to have it up permanently would be like saying the movement speed stat isn't allowed because some hackers use speed hacks by changing how much +movement the movement stat gives them. How about you just don't allow hackers instead of baring abilities that are working as intended? There's a huge list of actually bugged/exploitable abilities and feats in this game, ITC isn't one of them though.
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Seems pretty cool honestly, I wish you luck with it since I am not on Dragon Server.

Just wanted to say it's nice to see a formatted set of rules, and anyone who agrees to them (and of course abides by them) deserves respect for their victory. :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ikimilyikimily Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    And the beat goes bump bump bump. I'll make a change to the doc to disallow the Impossible to Catch hack. It should be a given that hacks are not allowed, but might as well clarify.
  • Options
    linusgorplinusgorp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 47
    edited July 2013
    There is a bug where if a TR is stunned while in ITC all cooldowns are reset

Said bug existed, but was fixed weeks ago (without being mentioned in the patch notes).
  • Options
    bunzagabunzaga Member Posts: 52
    edited July 2013
    You forgot to mention that mounts should be limited to the 5gold ones everyone has access to... Not to ***** (whine), but a team of 5 people with fast mounts makes a pretty significant difference in PvP.

Also... I need a team to join. I am a GWF... I have 4 level 60 gwf, and I am leveling up a new one (he is 44). I know the class fairly well, and I enjoy a good PvP match, so if any teams out there need a gwf, please let me know.
  • Options
    drizztdourden21drizztdourden21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited July 2013
    k well frankly thats the other peoples fault for stunning the tr while hes buffed isnt it other than that anyone could *accidently* exploit it
  • Options
    roundeyeddevilroundeyeddevil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    As soon as you try to impose your own restrictions on gear, skills, etc. you lost half you audience. Might as well just make it for lvl 10 characters only o.0
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    @OP

Greater tenebrous allowed? Didn't read anything about them in the rules, I might have missed it though.

Would kind of defeat the purpose of wearing blues with rank 5s if people could slot tenebrous, although I would imagine it would be pretty expensive to buy a set of these to put in blue gear.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Good catch. Tene are certainly not allowed. Needed clarified. Fixed.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The only thing that i really don't like is that the level 55 rare pants/shirt costs over 100k AD each. That's a huge investment just for this tournament. It might be better to change the rules to only allow uncommon (green) pants/shirt to help reduce the cost of entry. It's not like the pants/shirt add much diversity to your build since they all have pretty much exactly the same stats anyways.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Should be a fun event.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Folks, no bumping please. Bumping is not allowed. Thanks!
  • Options
    murraymaniamurraymania Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    am I missing something? how, exactly, do you get 2 specific teams into a match?
  • Options
    bpskibbenheimsbpskibbenheims Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Good ideas but limiting skills used pretty much ruins it. People could exploit with them, but they could also not. Besides, you can. E pretty sure someone will outfit themselves in blues, then change into purples they transmuted to look the same when in the arena. Without GM help its going to be hard to police fairly.

Edit:
    Limiting the skills doesn't ruin it, but it isn't really fair to those of us whom wouldn't exploit with said skills. ItC For example is a big deal for rogues, losing it basically alienates a large portion of them that use it legitimately.
    "Confusion is the T-Rex of tire faucets."
    -Sir Bartholomew P. Skibbenheims III, Esquire, Twice Removed

steam.php?id=BPSkibbenheims&pngimg=http:%@^%@^www.backfiregaming.net%@^bartswap%@^bartsig.png&tborder=1
  • Options
    rogueriderroguerider Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Folks, no bumping please. Bumping is not allowed. Thanks!

Not bumping but agreeing we need a level set, gear and skill capped PVP Tournament (Arena) style to allow guilds to have players who want to go in a competitive versus mode able to. This should also have the following rules.

Separate Reward System
    - Including Achievements
    Gear sets used are specific to Arena PVP versus General PVP
    Potions or other Potion Buffs are limited or Unavailable to prevent imbalance

These are some thoughts to add to the idea.
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Great idea. Almost makes me wish I was on Dragon.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    huehue:cool:
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    someguy313someguy313 Member Posts: 69
    edited July 2013
    So registration opened yesterday but I don't see the link to register.

Registration Begins: 7/14 to 7/20
    Registration is done by posting a reply in the appropriate forum thread (link will be added when registration opens) containing the following information;
    PWN (GWF) - <Lemonade Stand> Live Streaming PvP on Twitch