test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LvL 60 end game .. spam in town?

skarsysskarsys Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So I hit lvl 60 a few days ago on my TR. I found out that the only way you can get into T1 and do them successfully was to actually buy T1 gear. The irony!! Well, I did that anyway and I am sitting at 9.8k GS with a stone of allure.

I spent about 4 hours today in town trying to get into just ONE dungeon, and failed. No T1 groups, no T2 groups and queues fail repeatedly. I just do not get it. What in Tymora's name should one do to get a dungeon run in this game? Even Dungeon Delves started and was over and I still could not get into a single group, anywhere.

A guild mate told me you need T2 gear to get into T2 dungeons. Again? Are you kidding me? If I buy this darn T2 gear, what is the point of running a T2 dungeon in the first place, and then what is the point of actually playing at all if there is nothing more to earn and improve upon and nothing to look forward to?

The only queue that works is PVP, but that is filled with all sorts of problems that I do not want to get into, like unkillable GFs and GWFs that 2 shot you and gimmicky perma-stealth rogues, but I don't want to talk about this here. This is about PVE dungeons and how I can get into one.

Is there any other solution than being "lucky" or joining a huge guild that operates on "my" time? I've never had any problems getting into a dungeon in any other MMO I've played, even as a single unguilded player.

I just do not get this.

/rant off

PS: I am on Dragon server if that makes any difference. Is the Queue system cross-server anyway? If not, maybe it should be, as that might help with this problem?
Post edited by skarsys on

Comments

• Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Get some friends?
  • Options
    skarsysskarsys Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have some friends, but not everyone wants to run the same thing. And my guild is not large.

Does that mean I cannot find any runs, because the game fails at providing a proper matchmaking system or what?
  • Options
    bstbybstby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I had absolutely no problem queuing for some 5700 and 6800 gs dungeons and doing them with pugs. Plenty of people running in all green there. Have never seen anyone being kicked for his low gs. Also, you can also dedicate a couple of evenings to pvp-only and get yourself a T1 pvp set.
    Ranger.jpg
  • Options
    marcovanweeghelmarcovanweeghel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've played a few MMO's, and best bet for dungeon runs is to get into a guild that does regular runs that they schedule in advance, so you can "sign up" for them & join in. :)

Queues for dungeons at end game are almost always a joke.
  • Options
    trequeltrequel Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skarsys wrote: »
    what is the point of actually playing at all if there is nothing more to earn and improve upon and nothing to look forward to?

I asked myself the same question and quit playing. Shame, leveling up was kinda fun.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Play Foundry?

I find playing the same thing over and over kind of dull, myself, but with Foundry there's an ocean out there...
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Endgame dungeon queues are almost always a joke. My main is not 60 yet but when I do get there I plan to focus on Foundry -- both doing Foundry content and making it -- rather than on the joke that is endgame dungeons. I do not care for PvP in MMOs for the most part so I won't be doing that, either.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have some friends, but not everyone wants to run the same thing. And my guild is not large.

Does that mean I cannot find any runs, because the game fails at providing a proper matchmaking system or what?

If your guild isn't meeting your needs then you could spend time finding a guild that will, or working with your guild mates to expand the guild until it meets the needs of the members.

Plenty of people are managing just fine, so it's not a game issue nor a fault of the game.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I have almost no wait time when I queue for a dungeon on my GF. My GWF, TR, and CW can sit around for what seems hours, though.

Being that DC's are the only heal/support class, currently, also means that you are at the mercy of one being in the queue at just the right time, too.

Frankly, I think the queue needs an overhaul and we need a support/heal class which is a little less tedious to play, as well.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    strykz123strykz123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Am I missing something? I just started playing, lvl'd to 60 in about 30 hours and geared my character to a GS of 10.8k. I have dome some proffesions, foundery's and skirmishes and have completely lost interest in this game. I have found no use for copper, silver and gold other than healing potions. This is the first game I have ever played where I have reached the "end" so quickly. I realize I can que for dungeon's, but what is the point of grinding the same instances repeatedly? I haven't done alot of research, just started playing and was going to wing it. If I am missing some major part of the game that can advance my character some advice would really be appreciated.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    And on another note, lvling different toon's is mind numbing doing the EXACT same quest path's in ridiculously limited zones. Please tell me there is another way...
  • Options
    theviking2006theviking2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 817 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    strykz123 wrote: »
    And on another note, lvling different toon's is mind numbing doing the EXACT same quest path's in ridiculously limited zones. Please tell me there is another way...

Foundry and PVP, neither of which are as effective as Questing.
  • Options
    thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Is there any other solution than being "lucky" or joining a huge guild that operates on "my" time? I've never had any problems getting into a dungeon in any other MMO I've played, even as a single unguilded player.

Even in the largest MMORPG by a wide margin, WoW, you are going to have the same if not worse problem. Check out the WoW forums or if you are a player get in the game and see heaps and heaps of players complaining about getting into endgame raids and demanded for free server transfer, even though WoW facilitates cross-server instances.

The trend is more causal players are going for matches or instances with shorter duration (about 15 minutes). This also explains why 99% of the players use the exploits to get past or bump 90% of the mobs off the cliff.

The destined DD event hours also suck in most dungeon dwellers leaving it relatively hard to find a group if you are not available in that time frame. But I don't find it really that hard to get into a dungeon when DD is on. Completing it or not is a different story.
  • Options
    thejadeemperorthejadeemperor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Gold can be used to buy profession assets and other Zen Store/AD items from other players.

Regarding leveling to max cap... Don't you also get to level 90 in a matter of days and wait for 2 years to get the next expansion in WoW or every other WoW-like game? I think here you can do foundry quests with different scenarios, pvp, GG while waiting for new content in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just queue...
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    strykz123 wrote: »
    Am I missing something? I just started playing, lvl'd to 60 in about 30 hours and geared my character to a GS of 10.8k. I have dome some proffesions, foundery's and skirmishes and have completely lost interest in this game. I have found no use for copper, silver and gold other than healing potions. This is the first game I have ever played where I have reached the "end" so quickly. I realize I can que for dungeon's, but what is the point of grinding the same instances repeatedly? I haven't done alot of research, just started playing and was going to wing it. If I am missing some major part of the game that can advance my character some advice would really be appreciated.

30 hours? How much of your gear did you get off the AH? Absolutely no sympathy for people who bypass that much content and get bored.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    So I hit lvl 60 a few days ago on my TR. I found out that the only way you can get into T1 and do them successfully was to actually buy T1 gear. The irony!! Well, I did that anyway and I am sitting at 9.8k GS with a stone of allure.

I spent about 4 hours today in town trying to get into just ONE dungeon, and failed. No T1 groups, no T2 groups and queues fail repeatedly. I just do not get it. What in Tymora's name should one do to get a dungeon run in this game? Even Dungeon Delves started and was over and I still could not get into a single group, anywhere.

A guild mate told me you need T2 gear to get into T2 dungeons. Again? Are you kidding me? If I buy this darn T2 gear, what is the point of running a T2 dungeon in the first place, and then what is the point of actually playing at all if there is nothing more to earn and improve upon and nothing to look forward to?

The only queue that works is PVP, but that is filled with all sorts of problems that I do not want to get into, like unkillable GFs and GWFs that 2 shot you and gimmicky perma-stealth rogues, but I don't want to talk about this here. This is about PVE dungeons and how I can get into one.

I just do not get this.

/rant off

PS: I am on Dragon server if that makes any difference. Is the Queue system cross-server anyway? If not, maybe it should be, as that might help with this problem?

PUGGING a dungeon ALWAYS ends the same with clearing all the trash to the boss and wiping multiple times and the group disbands. After doing that many times I REFUSE to PUG any dungeons in Neverwinter. I run ONLY with guild members because I know that they are experienced, geared and competent.

Neverwinter's dungeons are too difficult, complex, etc to be successfully completed by a group of random players. They are simplistic for geared, experienced, competent guild mates.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    PUGGING a dungeon ALWAYS ends the same with clearing all the trash to the boss and wiping multiple times and the group disbands. After doing that many times I REFUSE to PUG any dungeons in Neverwinter. I run ONLY with guild members because I know that they are experienced, geared and competent.

Neverwinter's dungeons are too difficult, complex, etc to be successfully completed by a group of random players. They are simplistic for geared, experienced, competent guild mates.

While I prefer grouping with Guild Members for a host of similar reasons, I have also have some very effective and fun PUG's. It would be great if chat worked properly, since that would make it a lot easier. I agree that a lot of the end fights are ridiculous and seem geared to force players to buy life scrolls from the Zen Store by beating everyone down with massive waves of Adds, but not all PUG's are hopeless. :)
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    I didn't buy a single piece of gear until after I was 60, and only then did I buy a few items. My point is hitting end game, whether it be lvl's, professions, or anything else is beyond trivial. My question was, is there anything more to what I have seen or done so far? Questing to lvl is redundant and trivial, my guess is anyone hard core could do this in less than 15 hours. PVP, skirmishes, foundries get old fast because regardless, you will see pretty much everything in a short amount of time. It just seems that there is HUGE lack of content. My experience in MMOPOG's isn't extensive, I have only ever played Everquest and Guild Wars so that is pretty much what I am basing this off of. Lvling was exetremely harder, There is an element of danger, and tradeskilling was tidious and time consuming. In this game there is no danger what so ever, your cleric dies, poof, right back after the battle. PC dies and poof, your at a campfire, ready to go with a quick injury kit. My intent isn't to bash this game, I think visually it is incredible, and some of the quest idea's are cool, just way, way, way to easy. There are some that give a quarter lvl exp just from running to one campfire to the next. Also you could lvl just by sitting at a campfire and praying... I am seriously just looking for some input. I have been searching the forums but nothing really more than I have experienced so far. Thanks!
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    While I prefer grouping with Guild Members for a host of similar reasons, I have also have some very effective and fun PUG's. It would be great if chat worked properly, since that would make it a lot easier. I agree that a lot of the end fights are ridiculous and seem geared to force players to buy life scrolls from the Zen Store by beating everyone down with massive waves of Adds, but not all PUG's are hopeless. :)

You must have WAY better luck then me on the PUG queue because my success rate of PUG T2 dungeons using the queue tool is 0% out of 15+ dungeon runs. My success rate of guild T2 dungeon rates is 100% (minus someone falling asleep on the keyboard, network failure, Neverwinter bug, etc).

It has been a real black and white different experience between PUG and guild runs of T2 dungeons.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    P
    Neverwinter's dungeons are too difficult, complex, etc to be successfully completed by a group of random players.

No they aren't.

The last thing I pugged was one of my favourite DD combos, a Pirate and then a Spider, back to back. Zero deaths, no use of exploits, both DD chests opened. A good time was had by all.

Admittedly, they are both add-heavy bossfights, and I was playing the CW, so a lot of the onus was on me to perform. However, that's no bad thing, I needed the practise, I'd been slacking on my rotations.

Admittedly, your chances of getting multiple players who need carrying is a bit higher with a PUG. With a guild group, people often know who needs carrying and can try to dilute their (lack of influence) accordingly, but them's the breaks.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    While I prefer grouping with Guild Members for a host of similar reasons, I have also have some very effective and fun PUG's.

Yeah, many PUGs fail like that...just yesterday I was doing spider, with one guild mate and three randoms - and everything went fine until just before we got to the final boss - there had been no wipes or anything....and then the CW just quit - and then one of the TRs went "duh, we can't do it just the 4 of us" and quit too.... it wasn't a total waste of time - at least I got a nice purple ring from one of the earlier bosses which I sold for 30.000 AD, but still...it's annoying to have quitters like that - which is yet another reason to run only with people in your guild.

Then again, I had one really interesting T1 run with a PUG - just Cloak Tower, but all three DPSers insisted on doing the run in their underwear.....no armor - so much for gear score ;)

It looked kind-of silly, but we managed.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    People seem to only like doing dungeons during delves. The difficulty getting into a dungeon group outside of a guild or outside of delves is normally a result of player population. There are just not enough people interested in doing the dungeons for nothing.
  • Options
    chthonicmythoschthonicmythos Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0
    edited July 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Being that DC's are the only heal/support class, currently, also means that you are at the mercy of one being in the queue at just the right time, too.

Frankly, I think the queue needs an overhaul and we need a support/heal class which is a little less tedious to play, as well.

I think this is the main gate keeper to dungeons. I would love to see a breakdown of the player base by class %, because I would bet it would be heavily skewed to DPS (including CWs who think that's their role) which leads to everyone standing around hoping a DC will queue. Especially with the next classes 2 seeming like they are going to be ranged DPS (warlock and ranger) the problem will just get worse.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

I just do not get this.

/rant off

It is easier/quicker for you to buy a tier 2 set with weapons then wasting time in chat spamming for a dungeon group. Unless you are in a guild, in which case put together guild runs for tier 2 content and avoid chat all together. It cost me a little over 1.6 million Ad to deck out my Dc with top tier 2 set and weapon with enchants running me a little extra.

I've noticed watching Lfg chat, most groups want you to already be decked out in tier 2 so as to face stomp through the dungeon quickly. Lowest gear score taken on the Beholder server is 10.5, and even then it's not a given you'll find a group willing too take you with that gs.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    gunmangunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited July 2013
    Well the game is already past its first few weeks, so most players are lvl 60 and have very high-end gear...

Very few people do T1 dungeons, and those that do are 99.99% new players, meaning that they will use the Group Finder for it. I've done a few T1s for fun, mainly to help new players, by queueing outside of DD, and had a group in less than 30 mins (as TR even).

For T2s, most people prefer to run as many as possible during the DD event, so they'd rather take geared people in. You can simply start your own group however and ask for other new players to join you in discovering the instances.

To be honest however, just by praying and doing a few dailies, you SHOULD have the AD to buy a nice T1 set (maybe even one of the cheap T2s), and have an easier time finding groups and doing dungeons. But if you reaaaaally want to succeed, get into a guild; some guilds value Skill over gear, and will take u in and gear u up as long as you show that u can play.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    A "guildmate" told you? Then maybe run with a "guild"?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    Then again, I had one really interesting T1 run with a PUG - just Cloak Tower, but all three DPSers insisted on doing the run in their underwear.....no armor - so much for gear score ;)

It looked kind-of silly, but we managed.

FYI, if you opt to show your (lack of) fashion outfit, stats from your equipment still apply.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    bostishbostish Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    There is just too many TR's and many with higher Gear Scores.
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The only solution is finding a normal guild that does DD runs and other stuff.
    Guild with active players of various GS is a good place.

In other words, an active guild with adequate players.