test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Finish a pug dungeon? HA!!!

garkwingarkwin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
lol, the difficulty gap between the first bosses, and the last boss in the dungeons are omg nuts at max level. how many people pug their daily dungeon the first time? or do you have to make your own group, get in vent/game voice chat, or use your guild to complete these dailies? of all the dungeons I've puged, i have never completed a final boss. and most of the time its because after a wipe or two, someone leaves. and guess what, that kills the attempts for everyone else because we cannot requeue to fill the spot.
Post edited by garkwin on

Comments

• hkfrenchtoasthkfrenchtoast Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please.

Don't whine. Get better, get a better group, play better.

Thank you.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How on earth have you never completed a dungeon? You could probably finish cloak tower with your eyes shut and pressing keys with your man sausage...

Even the L60 DD, Dread Vault is easy enough if you can be bothered to tell the pugs what to expect when they fight the bosses.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please.

Thank you.

You don't get to choose your group in the queue system.
    Even the L60 DD, Dread Vault is easy enough if you can be bothered to tell the pugs what to expect when they fight the bosses.

I've run Dread Vault around 30 times, but only finished it 6 times. You can't tell a French, a German, and a Polish guy what to do when none of them understand you. That place might possibly be the absolute worst choice they could have made for the daily dungeon.
  • realborealbo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Join a guild. Problem solved.
    If you can't join one, then that probably means you should L2play.
    Admiralsig.png
  • allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What is wrong with you people? The OP posted a valid concern.

Fact, even in a Guild it is sometimes hard to find people around the same level to do the Dailies while leveling.

Fact, everyone has a first time for every dungeon.

Fact, you can be a great player and get in a group with folks that aren't.

Fact, even 5 great players can wipe, particularly if this is the first time they have played together.

First off, leavers should be penalized.

Second, the issue is the queue system is broken. At the very least, it should be fixed to fill a team that has had one or more players leave like it did during the CBWs. Preferably, it would also have a feature where you could invite one or more players in the event the queue fails to fill after five minutes.
  • garkwingarkwin Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    allaerra wrote: »

Fact, even in a Guild it is sometimes hard to find people around the same level to do the Dailies while leveling.

Fact, even 5 great players can wipe, particularly if this is the first time they have played together.

Second, the issue is the queue system is broken. At the very least, it should be fixed to fill a team that has had one or more players leave like it did during the CBWs. Preferably, it would also have a feature where you could invite one or more players in the event the queue fails to fill after five minutes.

thank you. you sir get my concerns.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kierlakx wrote: »
    I've run Dread Vault around 30 times, but only finished it 6 times. You can't tell a French, a German, and a Polish guy what to do when none of them understand you. That place might possibly be the absolute worst choice they could have made for the daily dungeon.

I can see where you're coming from(although I don't have problems with French and German) but aside from a region or launcher language based matchmaking system(which might make queue times even longer) I don't know how to sort it out without splitting the playerbase.

Ideally, the L60 DD should be any L60 dungeon, i.e. Dread vault and all the Epics. I expect Epic CT or CC would be more popular than standard DV.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The problem, IMO, is that the way events are structured promotes people to play at a careless, break-neck pace. If, for instance, dungeon delves and skirmish events happened more frequently and/or were simply up to X number of times per Y hours, (like say 3 times per 6 hours), then people would be more interested in going about things more intelligently, rather than flinging themselves at the enemies without care).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    Death is almost free. It means too little. One crappy injury kit. Put in an xp penalty for dying or even very expensive armor repairs and people will treat the battles with more respect.
  • flamexsoldierflamexsoldier Member Posts: 89
    edited July 2013
    I finish dungeons with pugs all the time. (Although I always run into people who don't have any injury kits and have to give them mine. ) I don't think it's quite as bad as everyone says- it's luck of the draw I suppose though.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jaelithe wrote: »
    Death is almost free. It means too little. One crappy injury kit. Put in an xp penalty for dying or even very expensive armor repairs and people will treat the battles with more respect.

I cant say no to that loud enough. no 1000 times no.

Dying to my own misjudgement and mistakes I can deal with. Dying because some inconsiderate or careless group member, not a chance. I wont have my xp or gear at the mercy of the competence or incompetence of other players.
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited July 2013

Not so sure about this.

I tend to leave dungeons that I know are an absolute waste of time. Stuff like the TR who has 1.5k lifesteal and horrible damage, the Conqueror GF who dies every fight to the aggro he can't hold, and the CW who thinks he's melee range in every fight. If it's going to take me an extra hour to get these people through a dungeon for a good chance at a bound T1 ring, then I'm going to leave.

Being punished for this would really suck. This isn't League of Legends where you should be punished for wasting a half hour for 4-9 other people. This is Neverwinter, where you shouldn't be punished for not wasting a full hour to two hours on a team that that just can't clear Spider Queen.
  • skarsysskarsys Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I hit lvl 60 yesterday on my TR and decided to try my first T1. So, I queued for CC with my 5800 GS. My gear is mostly blues with 1 epic dagger. It was smooth for the most part till the last boss, where we failed repeatedly and the party disbanded.

Mind you, I've consistently done my job as a damage dealer in every dungeons so far, and alway topped the dmg meter, sometimes by a stupid amount. This time was no exception. I did almost 9m damage overall, beating the other TR -who had almost full epic gear- by over 1.5 mil dmg. I also come from a semi-hardcore raiding background, so I am well experienced in MMOs, raids, encounters, mechanics and such.

Granted I did not read about the encounter, as it was just like normal, but a LOT harder. There was just so much to deal with at the same time. And there were so many disconnects and adds that it was very difficult to DPS the boss. It was just a mess, with too many adds spawning, even if you focus them.

I am not sure what could have been done, and I will surely try it again with a different group and see how that goes. BUT I was told the best way is to buy T1 gear off AH.

And I had to stop at that suggestion which was absurd tbh. Buy better T1 gear to actually be able to do T1 dungeons??! That makes no sense at all. There has to be some gear progression where the gear I got on me from drops or questing, should be enough to let me complete the entry level T1 instances. And those should give me the appropriate gear to advance further. Not to mention that I want to earn my gear and enjoy a bit of a challenge doing it.

If this is true, then it is just like what happened in Diablo 3 Inferno mode, the Act 2 of which was only doable by buying gear that drops from Act 4 (from players who used exploits to actually get there in the first place).
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    Please.

Thank you.

Actually his complaints is legitimate, you cannot replace a party member which has permanently DC or quit the party in the middle of the dungeon. This wouldn't have been a non-issue if Cryptic can get off their butt and design a better queue system.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited July 2013
    realbo wrote: »
    Join a guild. Problem solved.
    If you can't join one, then that probably means you should L2play.

Unfortunately that isn't a solution either.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If you have to pug, just pug Karrundax :D

Probably easier then most of t1 for most groups. Don't even need 5 people or a healer.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • vikingbradvikingbrad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skarsys wrote: »
    I hit lvl 60 yesterday on my TR and decided to try my first T1. So, I queued for CC with my 5800 GS. My gear is mostly blues with 1 epic dagger. It was smooth for the most part till the last boss, where we failed repeatedly and the party disbanded.

Mind you, I've consistently done my job as a damage dealer in every dungeons so far, and alway topped the dmg meter, sometimes by a stupid amount. This time was no exception. I did almost 9m damage overall, beating the other TR -who had almost full epic gear- by over 1.5 mil dmg. I also come from a semi-hardcore raiding background, so I am well experienced in MMOs, raids, encounters, mechanics and such.

Similar experience here. My DC and first epic was Cragmire which was first mistake instead of Cloak.

Problem with PUGs is lack of co-ordination, everyone was everywhere making it hard to put done group heals, buff zones and Astral Shield. 3 wipes before our first defector, at least people stuck around to give it a go.

Before next dungeon bought a few purples and put some enchantments on some gear. Spent less than 20K AD on purples and by this time had over 500K AD anyway.

Queued for epic Cloak, one guy dropped before final boss but 4 of us with better coordination were able to take down boss without a wipe.

The better gear can help compensate for the lack of coordination. Hopefully getting more friends or a good guild would also help.
    Ricky Gervatheist Lvl 60 DC on Dragon Server
    Looking for a guild for PvE Dungeons to suit AEST evenings
  • marcus0920marcus0920 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    skarsys wrote: »

Granted I did not read about the encounter, as it was just like normal, but a LOT harder. There was just so much to deal with at the same time. And there were so many disconnects and adds that it was very difficult to DPS the boss. It was just a mess, with too many adds spawning, even if you focus them.

I am not sure what could have been done, and I will surely try it again with a different group and see how that goes. BUT I was told the best way is to buy T1 gear off AH.

And I had to stop at that suggestion which was absurd tbh. Buy better T1 gear to actually be able to do T1 dungeons??! That makes no sense at all. There has to be some gear progression where the gear I got on me from drops or questing, should be enough to let me complete the entry level T1 instances. And those should give me the appropriate gear to advance further. Not to mention that I want to earn my gear and enjoy a bit of a challenge doing it.

If this is true, then it is just like what happened in Diablo 3 Inferno mode, the Act 2 of which was only doable by buying gear that drops from Act 4 (from players who used exploits to actually get there in the first place).
    Division of labor becomes much more important in epics than it is in most of the normal dungeons.

Whoever told you to buy T1 gear in order to beat T1 dungeons misunderstood your problem.
  • zrieprakiszrieprakis Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Actually his complaints is legitimate, you cannot replace a party member which has permanently DC or quit the party in the middle of the dungeon.

Is this different than the normal dungeons? I had people join mid-dungeon after a d/c, including today, so is that not allowed for the epic dungeons?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    zrieprakis wrote: »
    Is this different than the normal dungeons? I had people join mid-dungeon after a d/c, including today, so is that not allowed for the epic dungeons?

New people, or people who dropped but reconnected? People who quit and don't come back can't be replaced when you're too far in, but people who were in a party and lose their connection can rejoin and catch up.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • johnygwapojohnygwapo Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i do agree OP posted a fact. its real. its happening to NW
  • ar2k88ar2k88 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Spent about 5 hours on the last boss of CN, about 60 tries to down the last boss.
    Ofcourse this was all done while using voice chat, but after finally getting him down, we have farmed him since.

Epic dungeons are supposed to be hard, you are supposed to communicate (hence the voice chat).
    Some of us likes the challenge, i dont want to yawn my way through a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> easy dungeon just to get to the end, i want to feel like I actually achieved something. And bare in mind, that this group was allot worse geared then what i see people looking for in zone chat.
    Which tells me that its not gear based at all, its just down to tactics and communication.

I would recommend reading about the encounters, finding a guild, or adding people you quest/do dungeons with to friends list if they seem like decent players.
    Its not a 5 man dungeon so that 5 random people can just do their own thing and plow through it, its a 5 man because you need various classes to do their job in coordination with eachother to get through it. I never PUG if I can avoid it, because chances are that some dude is either going to leave, have no idea what hes doing or simply wont be told what to do. In my guild, whenever someone does the dungeon for the first time, one of the more experienced guys talks him through every part of it. When you have 5 guys who know exactly what is going on, and exactly what they are going to do..... things get allot easier.
  • jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

It's because they think it makes them look witty, smart, cool, to insult others for their valid posts. I mean, frenchtoast saying to get better, stop whining, and realbo saying you need to l2play if you don't want to join a guild? I bet right now both of those guys are smugly patting themselves on their backs, telling themselves how good of a job they did making someone else feel bad. Well, trying to make someone else feel bad, because I doubt the op takes these people seriously. I don't want to be the one to tell them, but I will. You're not cool, witty, smart, by doing that. You're a scared child behind a computer keyboard.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
    edited July 2013
    etherealj wrote: »
    If you have to pug, just pug Karrundax :D

Probably easier then most of t1 for most groups. Don't even need 5 people or a healer.
    Depends, the boss fight is fine, but the dungeon itself is just tedious and long. I won't PUG for that after I had three groups where two+ players tried to "speedrun" it and wiped.
  • kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The op has a point I tried DV now several times and always people leave after the first wipe without explanation or anything. Seems like many gamers nowadays are impatient loot *****s with the attention span of a squirrel on speed.
  • multani80multani80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    If someone leaves a party is there a way to get another person into the party through the queue system?
    I'm a gamer at heart, if you have time check out my gaming blog here. There are several Neverwinter entries and many more to come
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited July 2013

Couldn't have said it better.
    edited July 2013
    It's because they think it makes them look witty, smart, cool, to insult others for their valid posts. I mean, frenchtoast saying to get better, stop whining, and realbo saying you need to l2play if you don't want to join a guild? I bet right now both of those guys are smugly patting themselves on their backs, telling themselves how good of a job they did making someone else feel bad. Well, trying to make someone else feel bad, because I doubt the op takes these people seriously. I don't want to be the one to tell them, but I will. You're not cool, witty, smart, by doing that. You're a scared child behind a computer keyboard.

thank you for your post. and no, i did not take them seriously. you speak the truth sir.
    edited July 2013
    multani80 wrote: »
    If someone leaves a party is there a way to get another person into the party through the queue system?

no and that is one of the main problems. you cannot requeue to replace a dc'd or deserter basically making all that work you did to get to the final boss meaningless.
  • skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    jaelithe wrote: »

XP means very little when you're maxed at 60 and if I had to pay to repair my armor every time I wiped in a dungeon I wouldn't bother running them at all. There are people out there who feel injury kits are too expensive to waste 10 per dungeon. I don't think this would solve the problem I think it would make it worse.