test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is the event dye so ugly?

tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Don't get me wrong, it's nice that it's free and we get 2 per day for each alt...but it's hideous.
I previewed the dye on my GF, CW and TR and for every single one:
<meme removed per RoC>
RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
Post edited by tang56 on

Comments

• Options
    moerevolvermoerevolver Member Posts: 128 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just 4 more days... everyone will be using those hideous star masks.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    My TR looks like a 4th ad.Parade worthy clownish...cool for the weekend then will use my alchemy dyes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jihancritiasjihancritias Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just 4 more days... everyone will be using those hideous star masks.

Those masks are already for sale on the ah. It's laughable. 300k and 2 million were the two I saw last night. You can buy more tokens with tarmalune bars. So, make sure you buy keys to get the ugliest mask I've ever seen.

Also, the dyes are ugly because they want you to use them, then realize how ugly it is later, and buy more dyes for zen.
    TL : DR? Then don't waste my time responding.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can hide the blue color with another dye bottle (i suggest red or black).
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    lol i like them as a pack is pretty nice vivid colors XD
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    "Ugh, alchemy dyes are so drab and boring. We want brighter colours!"
    "Ugh, the event dye is so loud and gaudy"....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013

I don't mind the alchemy dye packs. DC and CW are quite nice.
    I'm sure that by "brighter colours" people actually meant "brighter colours in the form of craftable bottles" instead of premade dye packs. I'd like access to the colours used in the dye packs in the zen store, even if I have to pay(since dye is cheap, comparatively).
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013

loud and clashes (tasteless)...

But why are there so few dyes, the celts (iron age) enjoyed varied & sometimes loud dyes.

wool-dyed-with-plant-dyes.jpg
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The event packs don't look bad on CW outfits. And I've used them on pants & shirts, too. But, yeah - the blue trim looks terrible on the other armors. (The shop really needs some loose bottles of gold/bronze/copper dye, to use on trim.)
  • Options
    s1ssys1ssy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's because they're free. You think they are going to give you something that actually looks good for free? No no.
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    because it's free.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    I like them on my drow female's cosmetic gear. Looks great to me! Haven't dyed anything else though.
  • Options
    dootudootu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, it's nice that it's free and we get 2 per day for each alt...but it's hideous.
    <meme removed per RoC>

It's free.

Nuf said.
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    The event colors are red, white and blue.
    In honor of the 4th of July.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    riqita wrote: »

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winnah!

Geez people, the holiday is red, white and blue. The dye pack is to celebrate said holiday.

Not only that, they are fun for a change. You can change all of it or some of it out later.
  • Options
    sarahtallsarahtall Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2013

It's actually red, blue, and gold/copper I believe. They are too stingy to give us white :( They want it to remain a premium color I guess.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    allaerra wrote: »
    Ding, ding, ding, we have a winnah!

Geez people, the holiday is red, white and blue. The dye pack is to celebrate said holiday.

Not only that, they are fun for a change. You can change all of it or some of it out later.

. . . . . Yeah, on my Mage, I wear White and Black dyed gear. What I do is first dye it in the Winter Dye Pack and then re-dye it with individual black dyes the segment I want black. The same can be done with these. Use them and then use a single dye to change the color(s) you don't like.
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    <meme removed per RoC>

Your face is ugly .
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    s1ssy wrote: »
    It's because they're free. You think they are going to give you something that actually looks good for free? No no.

I've seen the non-free fashion wear, I assure you that for the most part they don't look any better.
  • Options
    hocuspocushocuspocus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I think its pretty cool, i love it.
  • Options
    kenjioyamakenjioyama Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    How about some screen shots please? Some before and after pictures would help me out.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    well, i like them

if youre on beholder, feel free to mail every dye you dont like to me
  • Options
    lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    can somebody post a screenshot? i cant play from the pc i use at the moment.. so, would be nice to see what the fuzz is all about :D
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lejdg wrote: »
    can somebody post a screenshot? i cant play from the pc i use at the moment.. so, would be nice to see what the fuzz is all about :D
    Here's my only character I dyed anything with them so far, my drow cleric. I dyed her moonstone regalia outfit.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=7091&stc=1
  • Options
    lejdglejdg Member Posts: 79
    edited July 2013
    thanks a lot :) really kind of you! and yeah, i understand the issue now haha - its really pretty ugly haha
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    lejdg wrote: »
    thanks a lot :) really kind of you! and yeah, i understand the issue now haha - its really pretty ugly haha
    . . . . . No problem! To each their own! I kind-of like it. Although, I think I'd rather swap the places for the colors. I think the border would look better gold/white, with red where gold/white is and blue where red is.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

So do we get a free turkey fashion outfit when 'murrica has Thanksgiving? Because that'd be hilarious. I still wear my Dungeon Defenders Turkey outfit when I occasionally play Squire in that game.

For those of you who have never played Dungeon Defenders:
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111124031724/dundef/images/thumb/f/f3/Squire_Turkey.jpg/640px-Squire_Turkey.jpg

Having half the people in PE running around with turkey costumes would probably make my day.
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    why not single 3x diff colors instead of a pack.

Its putting wrong color to wrong spot. For CW the main color is blue... and everythign is already blue.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=7111&d=1373023201
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Well for what I gather they are supposed to be red white and blue for the Independence Day celebration and while I admit they are very bright and paint me a lovely target for PvP (I'll stick with my GWF dyed CW robes for the moment I think) I don't know that they're ugly :D
  • Options
    zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I'm waiting for this dye.

FG085-rainbow.JPG
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]