test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let Players Buy T3 Gear!

fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I know what you're thinking allow me to explain.

In a virtual game, where everything you could find is at the Zen Store, bag space, companions, special crystals, etc. We can even trade out Zen out for Diamonds in game through the currency trader. Most of the best gear is on the AH.

Cut out the middle man and allow us to buy T3 gear directly from you. Instead of those lose intense hours doing a dungeon. We can straight out buy a T3 head set gear for around 5-20 dollars. You can deliver it virtual in game. (The Hero of the North Founders Pack) gave us a special ultra rare item at level 60.

We can buy pretty much everything else in game. Why not allow us to directly buy gear, we're already indirectly buying it from you off the diamonds we sell or trade with enchanted keys. In fact much of my T2 gear obtained selling 5-10 keys each.

I know you want to max profits. You have founders pack, renamed starter pack still sale 200 dollars. You allow us to fill out surverys for few Zen points, and directly buy the Zen. I would feel much more comfortable, if we stopped dancing around the issue and allowed us to buy special gear only obtained directly through Zen Market Place.

What does everyone think, discuss, how much should each T3 gear item cost?
Post edited by fusedmass on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    So you want the game to become completely P2W?
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    fusedmassfusedmass Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 252 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »

Can I not already buy gear with Enchanted Keys or trading Zen for Diamonds, then use those same diamonds buy gear. Why not cut out the middle man.
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    so you want it, so people have mno reason to play the game?
    If they don't have to run the dungeons to buy things, just buy it, why play?

while you're at it, how about a token for levelling. buy a token , use it, instant level 60. why waste time

:rolleyes:
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited July 2013
    Because if they made it that easy, they couldn't deny allegations of the game being P2W. At least with how the system currently is, you have to go through a couple steps to buy high-level gear. Which is going to be different once they start making dungeon gear BoP, anyway.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Because if they made it that easy, they couldn't deny allegations of the game being P2W. At least with how the system currently is, you have to go through a couple steps to buy high-level gear. Which is going to be different once they start making dungeon gear BoP, anyway.

You do know that they dropped their plans to make dungeon gear BoP, right?
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    Can I not already buy gear with Enchanted Keys or trading Zen for Diamonds, then use those same diamonds buy gear. Why not cut out the middle man.
    This obviously hurts the players who sell their AD for Zen... I also don't see the issue of the "middle man", you aren't "waiting" for AD, you simply put your Zen up or accept the offer and you get your AD instantly and then head off to the AH.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The "middle man" as you put it actually HELP the game.

Free to play (PWE system) has two major components that actually HELP the game.

The free players and people with money.

There are players who REFUSE to pay a single penny for anything. This is NOT a bad thing. PWE system actually help these type of players to earn their stuff via playing A LOT. Organized group can gather equipment and sell for AD then convert to Zen to get all the stuff they need. Free players support the game by providing goods for the other group.

People with Money support the game via cash. Many of these people have limited time to play BUT have money to spend. They don't have time to dungeon delves (time limited) or organize a group but would like to have access to High tier items. These people help the game by spending cash to buy Zen then convert Zen to AD to buy gears (off AH)

There are other players which are hybrid. They spend some money but also earn FREE* Zen by playing (* free zen from farming AD and selling it for Zen) The game can't exist without each other.
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Just wow. The things you describe are why people play the game. To farm, do dungeons, quest, etc. This is not a clothing store.
  • Options
    tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Get rid of binding...period.

Imagine gear that was T3 with max enchants of all kinds....would make the market much better than buying the base item alone.

Old days we did not bind gear...back before the games had video:P
  • Options
    nyxandrianyxandria Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2013
    Best gear should be only obtainable through end game and not from the AH or the store. If they don't do this then there is no future for this game whatsoever. I know it's extremely difficult for many here to grasp but nobody is going to stick around simply waiting for the next patch to simply visit the store, buy all the best gear and then log off again until next patch.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    nyxandria wrote: »
    Best gear should be only obtainable through end game and not from the AH or the store. If they don't do this then there is no future for this game whatsoever. I know it's extremely difficult for many here to grasp but nobody is going to stick around simply waiting for the next patch to simply visit the store, buy all the best gear and then log off again until next patch.

I agree that "current" end game eq should be bind...for status ...after that the bind should be removed.
  • Options
    sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Get rid of binding...period.

Imagine gear that was T3 with max enchants of all kinds....would make the market much better than buying the base item alone.

Old days we did not bind gear...back before the games had video:P
    The binding is a way to remove limited gear off the market :)

I use to remember back in UO day that we pass around the "uber sword" stats and use it when we need it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    The binding is a way to remove limited gear off the market :)

I use to remember back in UO day that we pass around the "uber sword" stats and use it when we need it.

The proper way to remove gear is with a salvage skill and using the pieces parts for professions.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    The proper way to remove gear is with a salvage skill and using the pieces parts for professions.

Why would someone want to salvage their older gear if there is no binding?

Lets say there is no binding. I got my T1 set and working on getting my T2. I got my T2 set. Without binding, I can sell off my "used T1" set. While it is GREAT for the player, it kinda "sucks" for the game. Eventually, there will be lots of T1 set and people won't bother to run to get T1 set. (some might do it once for the story)

by binding, new players will have to go out and get their T1 set or buy the unbound T1 set (which get constantly purchased so players will have incentive to run it over and over again. Same with T2 and T3.
  • Options
    tahera1tahera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    nyxandria wrote: »

They know. The business model for MMOs isn't what it used to be. Most players tend to spend their money on games early-on when the game is still fresh to them. That's where the profit is. Spending a lot of resources on making the game be long-lasting doesn't give as high a return-on-investment as, say, putting that money into a new title that you can then repeat the process with. At least it doesn't in the F2P world.

Which is not to say they won't be spending any more money on NW (obviously they are, and continue to support their other MMOs as well.) But the motivation to create something
    long-lasting up-front is just not there. For most people, by the time they would have seen the content (that never actually got created) they would have already given Cryptic/PWE any money they were going to.

Accuse Cryptic/PWE of many things but stupid business decisions shouldn't be one of them.
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    I know what you're thinking allow me to explain.

In a virtual game, where everything you could find is at the Zen Store, bag space, companions, special crystals, etc. We can even trade out Zen out for Diamonds in game through the currency trader. Most of the best gear is on the AH.

Cut out the middle man and allow us to buy T3 gear directly from you. Instead of those lose intense hours doing a dungeon. We can straight out buy a T3 head set gear for around 5-20 dollars. You can deliver it virtual in game. (The Hero of the North Founders Pack) gave us a special ultra rare item at level 60.

We can buy pretty much everything else in game. Why not allow us to directly buy gear, we're already indirectly buying it from you off the diamonds we sell or trade with enchanted keys. In fact much of my T2 gear obtained selling 5-10 keys each.

I know you want to max profits. You have founders pack, renamed starter pack still sale 200 dollars. You allow us to fill out surverys for few Zen points, and directly buy the Zen. I would feel much more comfortable, if we stopped dancing around the issue and allowed us to buy special gear only obtained directly through Zen Market Place.

What does everyone think, discuss, how much should each T3 gear item cost?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKo_La1CEDu4gqTL2Hd9yKX16-BtCxYlf5EdNW_8YmEibMFsCDlA
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    Why would someone want to salvage their older gear if there is no binding?

Lets say there is no binding. I got my T1 set and working on getting my T2. I got my T2 set. Without binding, I can sell off my "used T1" set. While it is GREAT for the player, it kinda "sucks" for the game. Eventually, there will be lots of T1 set and people won't bother to run to get T1 set. (some might do it once for the story)

by binding, new players will have to go out and get their T1 set or buy the unbound T1 set (which get constantly purchased so players will have incentive to run it over and over again. Same with T2 and T3.

I said salvage to get items for professions. Meaning the only way to get some of those pieces to craft PROFESSION only gear would be by...salvaging. Meaning the gear gets destroyed....removed from game...

Also the unbound items can have a whole range of enchantments tied to them making a fluid market in regards to what is out there.

Currently there is only the "stock" part.

Regardless it worked for years before video and money entered the equation.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Why even have dungeons, skirmishes, or PVP at all at that point. The game would be a pixelated clothing store.
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You know this "Hero of the North" title thingy is very handy for instantly identifying idiots before you even read their posts.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    You know this "Hero of the North" title thingy is very handy for instantly identifying idiots before you even read their posts.

A: Your post have been reported

B: Its not as far fetched as people think, you're already indirectly buying gear with diamonds obtained through normal means or currency trader trading Zen for Diamonds. This is just a much quicker process.

Also Hero of North had nothing to do with it but your post oozes with jealously. That's unhealthy to make passive aggressive comments. If you disagree, you can just say so but you're point of view is not so superior to everyone's, you solely can name call which is against the rules of the forum.

Just so you know.
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »

It already is P2W and everyone knows that. Cryptic also knows this because they change thread posts and close thread topics about it
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tahera1 wrote: »
    They know. The business model for MMOs isn't what it used to be. Most players tend to spend their money on games early-on when the game is still fresh to them. That's where the profit is. Spending a lot of resources on making the game be long-lasting doesn't give as high a return-on-investment as, say, putting that money into a new title that you can then repeat the process with. At least it doesn't in the F2P world.

Which is not to say they won't be spending any more money on NW (obviously they are, and continue to support their other MMOs as well.) But the motivation to create something
    long-lasting up-front is just not there. For most people, by the time they would have seen the content (that never actually got created) they would have already given Cryptic/PWE any money they were going to.

Accuse Cryptic/PWE of many things but stupid business decisions shouldn't be one of them.

This is totaly true.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The old days also took 6 months to level up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited July 2013
    I was convinced the OP was just being sarcastic until I read his responses... People these days, SMH.
  • Options
    vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I can't believe this post, I'm glad that I decided to quit NW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

What a great idea! Take away the main reasons that keeps a significant portion of the player base around!
    We are trying to kill the game, right?
    & what? Me demand it to be delivered physically by carrier pigeon.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    korgulltekorgullte Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 95
    edited July 2013
    I would not mind it if it happened in stages T3 Bop till T4 comes out and so on and so on.
  • Options
    hackbeardhackbeard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I am a paying player and personally think it would be a terrible idea to offer T3 gear as a straight up purchase. If it's acquired and sold for AD in the auction house, that's fine, and works relatively well within the game's existing economy. As an employee of a F2P gaming company, I can speak from experience that you want to avoid giving the feeling of P2W whenever possible, and try to limit the ability to outright purchase the best toys in your game. One thing going for Neverwinter is that the entire library of content in the game is available to you free through conquest and hard work. If they "cut out the middle man" and slapped dollar price tags on top gear, they'd be alienating a lot of their player base and creating the wrong culture. It's fine the way it is.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    sounds like someone is regretting their HoN purchase and has decided to make ridiculous suggestions on the forums instead. :rolleyes:
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,366 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    /NOT signed!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!