Options

Let Players Buy T3 Gear!

2»

Comments

• Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    So you want the game to become completely P2W?

This game isn't pay 2 win. But if they did that it would be. So lets keep it not pay 2 win.
  • Options
    dread131313dread131313 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Dang...like wanting a God mode console command. I don't understand it. Why play?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Please refrain from "pay to win" debates.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Nah just sit and wait ^^ and the gear whit the magic of the elf will come in your bag xD
  • Options
    toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You can already buy gear via zen by exchanging it for AD, but I wouldnt be opposed to items being in the cash shop. At least it would cap the dumb prices put immediately after a patch, ie 7m (20k zen, dragon shard conversion rate) AD for a timeless hero sword.

Implementing a system where you can buy gear directly from the shop isnt that much different from the one we have in place now, realistically speaking.
  • Options
    xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited July 2013
    Player's Skill cannot be bought from Zen Store. PERIOD!

And btw, don't bring back same thread again about p2w blah blah blah because this game is created by a company that needs income to pay their bills, not by a charity.
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    xermell wrote: »

And btw, don't bring back same thread again about p2w blah blah blah because this game is created by a company that needs income to pay their bills, not by a charity.

But with this system in place, you arent buying player skill with money. All players have access to it anyway.

Whats the difference between selling endgame item sets in the shop vs selling endgame companions? The ioun stone doesnt even drop anywhere, I would say that is closer to buying skill than this suggestion would be. Buying gear that already drops from a dungeon is just a shortcut, many of which are already implemented in game
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    you know what. this is a good idea.

They should delete the dungeons too. whats the point of doing them, id rather just buy them from store.

and put T3 pvp also. and get rid of those domination matchs and gaunt, im tired of farming them.

Maybe make a new area where its thriving marketplace, with lots of zen vendors? we can hang out there and show off and new gear we bought.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013

That's a pretty good point you bring up in your post, that players seem to over look. Cryptic is a business, and even though their goal is too make a really fun game for players to enjoy, at the end of the day they're still a business. Cryptic still needs away to bring in revenue to pay their bills, and keep the servers running.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    you know what. this is a good idea.

They should delete the dungeons too. whats the point of doing them, id rather just buy them from store.

and put T3 pvp also. and get rid of those domination matchs and gaunt, im tired of farming them.

Maybe make a new area where its thriving marketplace, with lots of zen vendors? we can hang out there and show off and new gear we bought.

Yes just show off and talk about your cars, business, your wife, kids, etc. The TS belongs on that kind of gaming world.
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    chrono0812 wrote: »
    That's a pretty good point you bring up in your post, that players seem to over look. Cryptic is a business, and even though their goal is too make a really fun game for players to enjoy, at the end of the day they're still a business. Cryptic still needs away to bring in revenue to pay their bills, and keep the servers running.

I like the game, but you don't need to spend too much to win, there are lot of people who paid but neverwin :). Me personally, i only spent 30$ (Ioun Stone+Respec Token) as a very small help for a company that makes my day since May 4.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    But with this system in place, you arent buying player skill with money. All players have access to it anyway.

Whats the difference between selling endgame item sets in the shop vs selling endgame companions? The ioun stone doesnt even drop anywhere, I would say that is closer to buying skill than this suggestion would be. Buying gear that already drops from a dungeon is just a shortcut, many of which are already implemented in game

The difference you say? The company wants you to play. Or if they sell everything in the Zen Store that includes gear, why do dungeon, why go pvp , why bother? Can we just sit in the Protectors Enclave and Show off what we bought, Do /Emote dance, pushups, and talk about our lives.

And oh,

Companion is just for PVE and they don't push you to buy Ioun Stone you have the option to buy a cat.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The difference you say? The company wants you to play. Or if they sell everything in the Zen Store that includes gear, why do dungeon, why go pvp , why bother? Can we just sit in the Protectors Enclave and Show off what we bought, Do /Emote dance, pushups, and talk about our lives.

And oh,

Companion is just for PVE and they don't push you to buy Ioun Stone you have the option to buy a cat.

Why does the company want you to play? Their end goal is to make you spend money. You enjoying yourself is facilitating you spending money.

The last point you make is the exact same system the OP is proposing. You eitiher run dungeons and get your gear (the "cat") or you buy it through the zen store (the "Ioun stone.") Its no different that what we have, right now.

Still waiting for a valid reason why they shouldnt sell items in the shop
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Obvious troll is obvious. I've not completed a dungeon past cloaktower, but I have characters in full T2. That said I spent ton of time in game earning the AD through other means to buy the gear. I earned my AD while playing and did not spend a bunch of real life cash to buy my gear. And would be upset if that was the norm.

FTP companies want non-paying players to play so that paying players have people to play with. Other items they sell may help you play, but they are not the end game reward. Such an update would be unbalancing and instead give free players reason not to bother to log in. It would be disruptive to the game and not beneficial.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    dootudootu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited July 2013
    Still waiting for a valid reason why they shouldnt sell items in the shop

They should sell items in their shop.

Given what we know now, buying items using real money on a game of this quality is another story entirely.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    runebane wrote: »
    Obvious troll is obvious. I've not completed a dungeon past cloaktower, but I have characters in full T2. That said I spent ton of time in game earning the AD through other means to buy the gear. I earned my AD while playing and did not spend a bunch of real life cash to buy my gear. And would be upset if that was the norm.

FTP companies want non-paying players to play so that paying players have people to play with. Other items they sell may help you play, but they are not the end game reward. Such an update would be unbalancing and instead give free players reason not to bother to log in. It would be disruptive to the game and not beneficial.

Why would this give F2P players a reason not to log in? Pay to play players can already run dungeons by themselves, free to play is not a crucial part of this game other than maybe general enchantment farming. Obviously free to play players would have to drop their prices to be cheaper than the zen shop prices, keeping them supplied with AD.

Also, you say other items they sell are not the end game reward? Ioun stone is not an endgame item? The fastest mounts in the game are not an endgame PvP tool? Boxes that reward you with purple profession items are not aimed at endgame? Sure there is a free to play alternative with systems already in place, but again, there still will be a free to play alternative with the system OP is suggesting.
  • Options
    pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    fusedmass wrote: »
    I know what you're thinking allow me to explain.

In a virtual game, where everything you could find is at the Zen Store, bag space, companions, special crystals, etc. We can even trade out Zen out for Diamonds in game through the currency trader. Most of the best gear is on the AH.

Cut out the middle man and allow us to buy T3 gear directly from you. Instead of those lose intense hours doing a dungeon. We can straight out buy a T3 head set gear for around 5-20 dollars. You can deliver it virtual in game. (The Hero of the North Founders Pack) gave us a special ultra rare item at level 60.

We can buy pretty much everything else in game. Why not allow us to directly buy gear, we're already indirectly buying it from you off the diamonds we sell or trade with enchanted keys. In fact much of my T2 gear obtained selling 5-10 keys each.

I know you want to max profits. You have founders pack, renamed starter pack still sale 200 dollars. You allow us to fill out surverys for few Zen points, and directly buy the Zen. I would feel much more comfortable, if we stopped dancing around the issue and allowed us to buy special gear only obtained directly through Zen Market Place.

What does everyone think, discuss, how much should each T3 gear item cost?

Pretty good post and very well thought out. It would still be nowhere near pay2win and no free players would mind this change. This is something they should do sooner or later.

I am glad to see people who love this game as much as I do, and want to see it succeed!

Neverwinter be around 100 years!

Go Cryptic!