Install Arc
Options

Penalty for leaving an active PvP game

Comments

• Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    kroniker wrote: »
    Ever considered the possibility that the enemy team simply outgeared them by a big amount? Did that ever cross your mind?
    Oh and nice for proving my point with that picture. The main reason they left was that they did not want to risk wasting 15-20 minutes for 0 glory I am pretty sure of that.

Unless you ask for a change in system I cannot take you seriously.

Thing is, I checked for that and the team they were up against didn't have uber gear at all. The reason they died is because they got outplayed. When someone outplays you, they deserve to win. Simple as that.

P.S. Not sure if I should take you seriously either. Who's to say that you're not one of those baddies that wants to be able to continue leaving the game without being penalized for it?
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    kronikerkroniker Member Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Maybe because I want to gear up and want to earn glory and since you might have noticed you get no glory for leaving the game? But cute try to give me a pseudointellectual "NO U" reply.
    Although ultimately your opinion matters exactly nothing to me and no don't try to tell me "neither does yours ololol" because I knew that a long time by now.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Maybe because I want to gear up and want to earn glory and since you might have noticed you get no glory for leaving the game? But cute try to give me a pseudointellectual "NO U" reply.

Dungeon Delves (find guild). Credit Card (lol). Professions event. Gauntlgrym. All are better alternatives for gearing up compared to PvP if you're an undergeared player.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Guild: No thanks too many bad memories from past MMOs.
    Credit: Not for gear, at best for character slots and maybe a bit of vanity fluff at most.
    Profession events: Boring.

And actually PvP is easy to gear with, got 5 out of 6 PvP pieces on one day despite the many losses.
  • Options
    manholiomanholio Member Posts: 493 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Guild: No thanks too many bad memories from past MMOs.
    Credit: Not for gear, at best for character slots and maybe a bit of vanity fluff at most.
    Profession events: Boring.

And actually PvP is easy to gear with, got 5 out of 6 PvP pieces on one day despite the many losses.

Agreed. Not that the gear is leet or anything, but PvP is far and away the cheapest way to get a half decent purple set once you hit 60, IMHO.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    And it is leaps and bounds better than the blue/green quest stuff you get during leveling.
  • Options
    zjesminzzjesminz Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited July 2013
  • Options
    olcsonnolcsonn Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I agree, there needs to be some form of punishment for leavers, afkers, and bots. It's stupid to not punish people who are too lazy, stupid, or just jerks, and want to leave when things get tough.

People that are so self absorbed that they are willing to screw over every other player in the pvp match just because they are these lazy, self-entitled pricks should be punished harshly.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    olcsonn wrote: »
    I agree, there needs to be some form of punishment for leavers, afkers, and bots. It's stupid to not punish people who are too lazy, stupid, or just jerks, and want to leave when things get tough.

People that are so self absorbed that they are willing to screw over every other player in the pvp match just because they are these lazy, self-entitled pricks should be punished harshly.

Give me one reason why I should stay ? This is my free 2 play game I can play how I want. The point in me staying is? I am being serious here. Why should I stay in a bad match ? one reason be nice ? There isn't one currently /thread
  • Options
    olcsonnolcsonn Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You should stay because you are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over the other players. You simply fall under the "selfish" people that play MMOs. If that is the kind of person that you are well then fine, be that kind of person. They should still not reward you for being willing, even proud, of ruining other's players' gaming experience.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    lednaillednail Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Neverwinter Forum Rules of Conduct ~Moderation Team
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Heck even if they would introduce a leavers penalty I'd just do an instance or two until it's over that is far more productive than getting farmed and humiliated for 15-20 minutes and getting exactly nothing for the pain. .

For someone who disagrees with having a leavers penalty your posts are a gold mine of reasons why there should be a penalty. Take the above comment. That is exactly how it should be. You should only be leaving a game when you can't take it any more and would rather do something else. People should only be leaving in dire circumstances, not on a whim. Getting badly beaten is not something that only happens in NW, it happens in all mmos/pvp games from time to time, but this is the first time I've seen it used as an excuse for allowing badies to leave without penalty.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    yasha00 wrote: »
    That is exactly how it should be. You should only be leaving a game when you can't take it any more and would rather do something else. People should only be leaving in dire circumstances, not on a whim.

SO MUCH THIS. If you want to leave, fine, but you're going to LEAVE. See ya in a half an hour or so. There should be some consequence to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over the rest of your team.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    If the leaving penalty is longer then a match then people will just alt tab at the campfire...
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    olcsonn wrote: »
    You should stay because you are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over the other players. You simply fall under the "selfish" people that play MMOs. If that is the kind of person that you are well then fine, be that kind of person. They should still not reward you for being willing, even proud, of ruining other's players' gaming experience.

I don't know the other players and they shouldn't stay either. I have no control over anyone just myself. If I want to leave there is NOTHING. I mean nothing wrong with it. Its a game and if someone leaving upsets you then maybe MMO's and games aren't for you.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    For someone who disagrees with having a leavers penalty your posts are a gold mine of reasons why there should be a penalty. Take the above comment. That is exactly how it should be. You should only be leaving a game when you can't take it any more and would rather do something else. People should only be leaving in dire circumstances, not on a whim. Getting badly beaten is not something that only happens in NW, it happens in all mmos/pvp games from time to time, but this is the first time I've seen it used as an excuse for allowing badies to leave without penalty.

You are nothing more than a close minded fool who knows little about PvP. Heck I bet you are one of these wannabe pro pretenders, never been any decent at anything and now because you played so much more that you can stomp the avarage 8k GS guy you feel special.
    Newsflash for you, most of the time one gets beaten badly mostly due to either through heavy differences in gear or because you are a pug vs a premade. In any other game at least in the "casual" PvP mode even if you get beaten badly you get a minor reward at least. Your arguments have 0 merit and unless they undo the 0 glory gain I will support anyone leaving a game where all he is is a punching bag and he gets nothing heck some even have the audacity to taunt you. Yeah must feel good to be an internet tough guy. /rofl
    manholio wrote: »
    SO MUCH THIS. If you want to leave, fine, but you're going to LEAVE. See ya in a half an hour or so. There should be some consequence to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over the rest of your team.

If they are not smart enough to realize that getting roflstomped in our own GY with no fighting chance to even break the 500 point mark and therefore it is just a big waste of time then sorry I got no sympathy. Anyone with half a brain who sees that the enemy holds all 3 bases and basically wipes your team in seconds should realize that the gme is pointless literally and figuratively. It's no fun and you do not even get a minor reward for even trying. WoW has it right, GW 1/2 have it right, Neverwinter does not.
    etherealj wrote: »
    If the leaving penalty is longer then a match then people will just alt tab at the campfire...

And rightfully though since they got doubly screwed. Still would be better to do some PvE instead if they are below 500 points.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Before implementing penalties I'd hope they would look at the reasons why people leave and try and address those first.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If they are not smart enough to realize that getting roflstomped in our own GY with no fighting chance to even break the 500 point mark and therefore it is just a big waste of time then sorry I got no sympathy. Anyone with half a brain who sees that the enemy holds all 3 bases and basically wipes your team in seconds should realize that the gme is pointless literally and figuratively. It's no fun and you do not even get a minor reward for even trying.

That, my friend, is a loser's attitude/outlook. Some of the best PvP matches have been come from behind wins where my team was down by 200 pts plus. You challenge yourself and your team to battle to 500. Quitting is not an option, IMHO.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    manholio wrote: »
    That, my friend, is a loser's attitude/outlook. Some of the best PvP matches have been come from behind wins where my team was down by 200 pts plus. You challenge yourself and your team to battle to 500. Quitting is not an option, IMHO.

I agree. You win atleast half the battle by getting your encounter rotation right aswell. During some matches that I've played with pugs, I sometimes didn't perform quite up to par (got a few moves wrong for example). Then I either picked up my game or switched builds based on the situation that the team is in. It is very satisfying to play a part in dragging your team across the finish line due to those changes that you made (either performance or build wise).
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    Before implementing penalties I'd hope they would look at the reasons why people leave and try and address those first.

Bingo. Hit that nail on the head. There is no reason to stay. Before penalties they need to Give us more maps make all death matches 10v10. Then make a arena system 2v2, 3v3, 5v5.
  • Options
    yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Newsflash for you, most of the time one gets beaten badly mostly due to either through heavy differences in gear or because you are a pug vs a premade. In any other game at least in the "casual" PvP mode even if you get beaten badly you get a minor reward at least.

That is true- and again you provide further evidence of why a leaver's penalty should be implemented. Because on top of the usual issue of overgeared players and pre-mades stomping pugs, in NW you have to contend with leavers. And once someone leaves, (and they often do so for no major reason) the whole team may as well leave- there is no penalty after all.

Having a leavers penalty may inconvenience me at times when I end up on a team full of afkers/bots or whatever, but not having one ends up ruining actual active pvp games, and I see a lot more games ruined by players leaving than I see total routs.

Why on earth would you advocate a mechanic that lets (and maybe even encourages) players ruin the game for their whole team, and potentially both teams? You would ruin the game so you can get glory quicker? The pvp set is easy to get, far easier than any other mmo. Now you have to work just a little bit harder and you cry?

Try and think of the bigger picture, the game is more important than crying about not getting a reward for losing.
  • Options
    b0r7b0r7 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Only penalty required is zero reward for losing, plus you are punished for losing. Basically ends up as a greater incentive to win. For example, you enter a match and lose....now you have to "pay out" a reward to the winning team. Why should you be awarded for not winning? Kind of like how in the ancient south American societies where the only reward was you were not killed if you were the winning team and the losing team was put to death.

Punish the losers, forget about the leaver penalty. Losers should not get anything no matter how hard they try to stick around and the winners should keep getting the rewards....losers get half hitpoints the next match and winners should get 15% more glory. Now you got a perfect alternative penalty...the more you stick around and lose, the more you keep getting punished.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Losing?
    exfZacs.gif

thank you come again
  • Options
    shod24shod24 Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2013
    erdokan wrote: »

-Omg I died at mid, why did you guys split up to contest the other zones and leave me here by myself (translated: why are you trying to win the game)? Omfg srsly we should all defend one zone, you guys are so bad. /ragequit

99,9% of games are winned by the teams that have tower 2, the mid. For win you need conquer the tower 2 and protect your tower, 1. If you can not fight in 2 and have to go until 3, then you are mistaken this. PVP is not about races.
    If you take 3 towers is cause you have tower 1 and 2 and the enemy can not defeat you, so you finish quicky, but if you can not defeat the enemy team in combat and start to run like a chicken to take towers, then your team is gonna die alone, one by one. The power in pvp is on the unity of the team.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    shod24 wrote: »
    99,9% of games are winned by the teams that have tower 2, the mid.

Sorry I couldn't read anything after the red word...

nI71NbH.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    The video post are hilarious
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    That is true- and again you provide further evidence of why a leaver's penalty should be implemented. Because on top of the usual issue of overgeared players and pre-mades stomping pugs, in NW you have to contend with leavers. And once someone leaves, (and they often do so for no major reason) the whole team may as well leave- there is no penalty after all.

Having a leavers penalty may inconvenience me at times when I end up on a team full of afkers/bots or whatever, but not having one ends up ruining actual active pvp games, and I see a lot more games ruined by players leaving than I see total routs.

Why on earth would you advocate a mechanic that lets (and maybe even encourages) players ruin the game for their whole team, and potentially both teams? You would ruin the game so you can get glory quicker? The pvp set is easy to get, far easier than any other mmo. Now you have to work just a little bit harder and you cry?

Try and think of the bigger picture, the game is more important than crying about not getting a reward for losing.

And why do you support mechanics which mostly harm those who are just badly geared and desperatly try to catch up to those? You support a system which harms those most who are most vulnerable: the one fresh to PvP and this is idiotic. You are just another wannabe elitist jerk who thinks far too highly of himself and looks down on people who are simply badly geared or very inexperienced.
    The only one who does not see the bigger picture is you. I was all for leavers penalty in WoW even if you lost badly you could achieve good amounts of honor still and on top of that the game divides casual solo players from premades and it has a mode for more serious PvPers called Arena. All that is not available here they put very little effort into PvP and therefore leaving is perfectly fine and until you understand why badly geared people should leave to not waste time to catch up to the "pros" as you think you are I cannot take you seriously. At all.
    Oh and since you did not get it here it is again: Someone is not a baddie just because he or she got trashed, no most of the time those who trashed are just as bad as the one who trash you but they have better gear that's it that is all this gear is 70% gear dependant and comparetively little skill is needed.
    This game does not need a penalty first it needs a serious change in game mechanics interms of matchmaking, seperating pugs from premades, fixing the god **** bugs some classes have up to the roof (hai@CW) and then you can start talking about leaver penalty. Until then just stfu.