test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Penalty for leaving an active PvP game

erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
edited July 2013 in PvE Discussion
It is ridiculous that people can simply leave the game and enter a new one now without there being any consequences at all for doing so. With the latest patch, people can now simply hide behind their invisible wall infront of spawn and stay there since it's no longer possible to spawncamp anymore either. By leaving it this way, you are basically choosing the side of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kids that leave or give up when their very low brain capacity fails to comprehend a situation which usually involves them dying. Examples:

-Omg this guy beat me! He must be cheating *insert more badplayer whine here* /quits

-Omg I just died and we're 300 points behind! There's no way that we can win this *all 4 of them rush to the same zone one more time, leaving the other 2 zones uncontested* /giveup

-Omg I died at mid, why did you guys split up to contest the other zones and leave me here by myself (translated: why are you trying to win the game)? Omfg srsly we should all defend one zone, you guys are so bad. /ragequit

-Omg these people are way too good, let's all sit at spawn so they can't get any more points aka they won't be able to get a reward for being good players.

One of the above four scenarios happens pretty much every game. A penalty is needed, and some sort of timer that kicks you out of the game if you stay inside spawn area for too long (30+ seconds for example) is needed aswell. Please make this happen asap, thanks.
David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
Post edited by erdokan on

Comments

• abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    NO!!! I said NO. This is what I do when I get a perma stealth rogue. Its my hard counter against them. I leave so they get no glory. It works everytime all the time. Its how I fight them. I left like 10 games today. Got a lot of good games in that way.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just did three PVP matches with my guild. In all three, people dropped. I'm glad you can't camp aggro anymore, but it's silly. One team was doing decent, too.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    NO!!! I said NO. This is what I do when I get a perma stealth rogue. Its my hard counter against them. I leave so they get no glory. It works everytime all the time. Its how I fight them. I left like 10 games today. Got a lot of good games in that way.

Which class are you?

@Degraaf: Yeah I don't like spawncamping either. They really need to make a timer for staying in spawn too long now though, because this is going to ruin PvP a lot more than spawncamping did lol.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I agree with the OP, this needs to be addressed.
  • synozeersynozeer Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's my solution for dealing with PvP quitters. For each character, have the game keep a tally of how many times you quit with a seven day revolving total (at the 8th day, the 1st day of "quits" is dropped). Allow you to set a # of quits you are willing to play with for PvP (i.e. if you set your quit threshold to 5, you won't get matched up in any games where there's a player with 5 or more quits).

Now you'll never be queued with people who are serial quitters. Since it's a revolving 7 day total, it gives these quitters a chance to turn things around so there's no permanent "quits" total on their character, just recent quits. That also insures that if you had to quit for reasons not under your control (internet disconnects, home emergency, power outage, etc), it won't permanently affect you.

You could have this "quitter" threshold unset by default for each of your characters so it doesn't affect gameplay for those that don't know about it or don't care to make any changes.
    Guild: Chocolate Stand | Main: Hzarn (GF)/Danteel (HR) | Watch PvP Videos
  • dravkwndravkwn Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2013
    erdokan wrote: »
    Which class are you?
    They stated in a previous post they are GF, not surprised that a class that is built for face to face issues complaint against a class that fights from behind their backs.
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dravkwn wrote: »
    They stated in a previous post they are GF, not surprised that a class that is built for face to face issues complaint against a class that fights from behind their backs.

Ahh, yeah makes sense then lol. Though GF's can kill rogues once they get a Lucky prone on them and just rotate them to death.
  • pvtgomerpylepvtgomerpyle Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    /signed

Too often people just leave/afk after the first fight in middle. There def needs to have some sort of penalty for leavers/afkers
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, they don't get Glory of XP. So that counts for something.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    /signed

Too often people just leave/afk after the first fight in middle. There def needs to have some sort of penalty for leavers/afkers

As long as it is somehow functionally dissimilar to just afking at spawn and reading a book for 10 minutes, sure.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • gctrlgctrl Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It is ridiculous that people can simply leave the game and enter a new one now without there being any consequences at all for doing so. With the latest patch, people can now simply hide behind their invisible wall infront of spawn and stay there since it's no longer possible to spawncamp anymore either. By leaving it this way, you are basically choosing the side of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> kids that leave or give up when their very low brain capacity fails to comprehend a situation which usually involves them dying. Examples:

-Omg this guy beat me! He must be cheating *insert more badplayer whine here* /quits

-Omg I just died and we're 300 points behind! There's no way that we can win this *all 4 of them rush to the same zone one more time, leaving the other 2 zones uncontested* /giveup

-Omg I died at mid, why did you guys split up to contest the other zones and leave me here by myself (translated: why are you trying to win the game)? Omfg srsly we should all defend one zone, you guys are so bad. /ragequit

-Omg these people are way too good, let's all sit at spawn so they can't get any more points aka they won't be able to get a reward for being good players.

One of the above four scenarios happens pretty much every game. A penalty is needed, and some sort of timer that kicks you out of the game if you stay inside spawn area for too long (30+ seconds for example) is needed aswell. Please make this happen asap, thanks.

Agreed, if you're not prepared to walk through the door don't open it. You're also putting others off from doing pvp as well, which in the long run is ruining your own chance to have a fun game.
    Guild: Lemonade Stand | Server: Dragon (Original) | PvP Forever | 1og0s
    * TWITCH * YOUTUBE * MY GUIDES *
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I love the ability to leave without penalties and join another queue straight away again... the thing is, unless your team wins you aren't going to get much honor from it so its best to leave the matches you don't see your side having a chance in and getting into a more even and more fun match. I hope they never change the no leave penalty thing. The matches I end up playing due to being able to leave the lopsided ones are incredibly fun.
  • nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    scrubs-scrubs-165083_800_600.jpg
  • phaazenphaazen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    on the other hand when a player gets stuck on a loosing team should they have to be spawn camped even when they have done no wrong when at the end they get no real reward either? that just sounds like a waste of time and they may loose players that way.

also for the "then they shouldnt be playing" or the " we dont need players like that anyway" players are players that have wallets.
    more players = more income for cryptic = more and better updates to the game for players.

bottom line is that they need to find a way to make all players enjoy pvp even those who loose and that is not an easy thing to do.
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wish they would split pvp matches up according to GEAR SCORE.

Like when you que.....you get matched up with ppl wit +-100 of the same gearscore as you.

Premades also need to group with ppl around the same gearscore.

This would eliminate most of the lopsidedness(and you won't have any excuse left)
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • mogdukthmogdukth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just a suggestion:

Increase AD payout for PVP daily and change daily requirement to win 4 PVP matches.

Or

Change daily requirement to win 3 PVP matches - AD payout from Daily unchanged.

2 cents
  • skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Today out of the 6 matches I was in, 3 of the matches I had Bots on my team. 2 of them had bots on the other team. 1 match was a GOOD match, no bots. 1000 - 950(or so).

So my question is this. Would you want to stay in a match where it is essentially 2 -vs- 5, or 1 -vs- 5 where you are on the 1 or 2 team? And the only thing you can do is either A get spawn camped or B exit the area and get insta death?

I think the fixes you sugges will punish non-botters. The bot situation needs to be addressed first as that is ruining PvP for everyone.
  • timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Frankly speaking, if you are able to state the four scenarios, you WILL practice them when such event happens on YOU instead. I will not be surprised.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • loqqy1loqqy1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree that to address the re-queue issue ( if there even is one ) that firstly the more important issue of botting needs to be dealt with.

The simple solution is to enter each and every PVP match with a pre made group that is balanced and yet the modern community does not seem to be willing to communicate with itself in order to do so ( how may people say hi back when starting a PVP tourney? )

Botting for me could be the early demise of the game unless the devs take reports seriously and investigate and then ban the bot accounts I cannot see this happening though ( although I would be pleasantly surprised if it did )
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I love the knee jerk reaction to what player's "think" is the problem over what will happen if their "solution" is implemented.

There is always a cost vs benefit for every game mechanic change. I think rarely does a player who puts forth a suggestion ever considers what the cost or the benefit really are.

You can see the problem with the new anti-spawn kill patch "fix" but yet it created a new problem. Now all a team has to do is just sit there while the other team get's no points, so both sides end up losing and getting zero reward.

So you want to "fix" this problem by "forcing" players out of the spawn zone? You actually think they will care about being kicked from a failed group set up? No. They will respawn, sit there and wait, get auto kicked and now should they be punished for leaving the match?

If you say yes, then you are punishing a person for staying too long in a spawn zone? Well I can already tell you this much, it's going to punish actual pvpers. I don't know how many times I have clicked the que for solo/pug group pvp to get put into a match that has already started and then kicked by the server for thinking I was afk. You know **** well this will happen when a match goes south right from the get go.

And if you answer no to my question then players will just wait at the spawner so they can avoid any early leave penalty. So your solution is useless.

So your solution solves nothing, it's only going to shift the problem from one spot and put it in another spot. It's not even a real solution at all.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No. I'll leave pvp matches with bots till bot problem is solved.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will agree with the OP of some sort of time delay to join a new match if you leave one, ONLY, and I mean ONLY when the BOTS stop ruining EVERY SINGLE MATCH. I pvp most of the day these days and it's ****ing absurd. Telling the random leader to boot bots and they dont is frustrating as all hell b/c you know "Ronoir", "Bienetta" and the gang are gonna ruin your match. So then you get spawn camped if you don't leave or try to back cap and get your face served to you, while your bots just feed the campers kills in their desperate attempt to bee line to the nearest uncapped flag.

Anyways.. I personally make the most out of the bots, but will generally drop out if i see two and the leader doesnt boot them befre the first flags are capped.
    - behold, halflings.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kanenan wrote: »
    I will agree with the OP of some sort of time delay to join a new match if you leave one, ONLY, and I mean ONLY when the BOTS stop ruining EVERY SINGLE MATCH. I pvp most of the day these days and it's ****ing absurd. Telling the random leader to boot bots and they dont is frustrating as all hell b/c you know "Ronoir", "Bienetta" and the gang are gonna ruin your match. So then you get spawn camped if you don't leave or try to back cap and get your face served to you, while your bots just feed the campers kills in their desperate attempt to bee line to the nearest uncapped flag.

Anyways.. I personally make the most out of the bots, but will generally drop out if i see two and the leader doesnt boot them befre the first flags are capped.

Did they put back in the ability to boot? Because I was under the impression that you couldn't kick players from a team any more. You use to be able to then they removed it, did they put it back in and I haven't noticed?
  • masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    NO penality for leaving PvP Matches!

Why?
    Well, the first problem are Bots.

The second and much bigger problem is depending to the team and the players: 1 of 3 matches are dominated by really stupid players. People which are starting PvP and avoid using any(!) mount, people which are not able to kill a single enemy in 4on1 because they will never understand their own class or even PvP.

I prefer those people which are that stupid that they are not able to capture node #1 after they did respawn so that the entire team is running back from #3 or#2 to #1 because the stupid bob is running(!) (riding would be nice, but hes afraid that his horse may die... X_X) from spawn to #3 instead of capturung #1 first (no enemies around there).

My fav "opener" is: 4 players are running to #1, im feeling so lonley at #2 that the entire oppnents team is coming to visit me <3 ! But well, capturing #1 -> 300 Points -> Bigger pen*s! Fighting #2: maybe 0 points, its a hard job -> 0 points -> smaller pen*s.

Very nice too: 3-4 players are running after a single enemy around the whole map while 4 enemys are conquering everything!

In all these scenarios im leaving very fast in case that my team continues in playing that stupid. Waiting 15 minutes to be killed all the time because my teammates are even more stupid than EVERY bot sucks. Im not playing for glory, im playing for fun. But: i dont leave in case of bad balanced teams. If its a real match with good fights and tactics, winning or loosing doesnt matter at all.
    Even a 100:1000 loss can be very funny at all. Its all depending to the stupidness of my teammates :D
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • skeletunskeletun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    Did they put back in the ability to boot? Because I was under the impression that you couldn't kick players from a team any more. You use to be able to then they removed it, did they put it back in and I haven't noticed?

No, you cannot kick anymore. I tried to kick the 3 bots last night and got Big RED letters telling me I couldn't.
  • irk2013irk2013 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Regardless of putting any kind of penalty it will not stop people. Some will leave OTHERS will simply not help you (which they are doing by leaving) and still get GP's while not doing much of anything.

The system needs to add people to these matches as people leaves but a bad team is a bad team and people will always leave bad teams.
  • sonof72sonof72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How about if they do something to the bots first? then worry about penaltys for leaving. But there aint real money for them in pvp so why fix it.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maps are too small to stick around if you have bots or leavers on your team. There is no chance of anything but a 5v1-3 and be honest, the only people who enjoy that are on the side with 5.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As far as I can see, letting players leave a pvp match with no penalty is the devs solution to bots/afkers etc. Stuck in a team with 3 bots? No problem just leave! You can queue up again straight away!

Unfortunately this solution is like cleaning **** off the floor by pissing on it. Having no penalty to leaving creates a problem as big as the afker and bot issue- people leave full groups for any little reason and then just queue and leave and queue and leave games until finding one they like. On the way they ruin the game for every other player in the teams they have abandoned. In the end the **** is still there but now you have to wade around in urine as well.

The way this game is set up it needs a deserters debuff, at least then you can cut down on these quitters.
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    With the latest patch, people can now simply hide behind their invisible wall infront of spawn and stay there since it's no longer possible to spawncamp anymore either.

It's still entirely possible to spawncamp, on both maps, so I'm not sure what exactly was patched.