test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rhix bugged after patch

13»

Comments

• Options
    fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    xevenius wrote: »
    On Windows 8 I think you just have to have the American keyboard installed in your keyboard list. Not sure about Win 7 yet. I am back on UK keyboard and it still works.

I just fixed this and it only works if you install English US I tried switching to a different language basically the first one that was in the list that didn't work, then I tried English US International and that didn't work either finally when I did English US the dialogs re-appeared.

I'm on Windows 7 64bit
  • Options
    terrakysterrakys Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im talking to the npcs in Vellosk and ive got the same problems.
  • Options
    anarkuz77anarkuz77 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    danderously - yes, all npcs, from all maps and quests, inside and outside quests, the only ones that works are the sellers that says nothing before the "buy and sell" window.

All - in windows 8, that solved the problem too

edit: just have the new keyboard in the list solved.
  • Options
    ladyofcoinladyofcoin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ok, me and three mates have this same issue and have just fixed it for ourselves. We are all in the UK with UK system language and keyboards, none of us could speak to Rhix, the profession resources shop NPC, Sgt. Knox and other assorted NPCs (but bank, AH, post, and some NPC shops would work). This was the case across all our characters.

To fix it we did this:
    1, Close Neverwinter completely.
    2, Go to Control Panel, Region and Language, Keyboards and Languages and added the US keyboard layout as an option.
    3, Select the US keyboard, click Ok though all the boxes.
    4, Open Neverwinter, log in and we could now talk to the NPCs that had previously been bugged.
    5, Close Neverwinter again, set the keyboard language back to UK.
    6, Open Neverwinter and log in again, problem is now fixed.

I can only think this has something to do with us not having the US keyboard layout by default, being in the UK. This would explain why other non-US people have the issue, if this is the case, and also links in with the recent keyboard updates in the patch.

Thanks for looking into this, hope it gets fixed soon.

(Things that didn't work: restarting Neverwinter and computer, changing the system language, changing instance, changing character.)
  • Options
    xeveniusxevenius Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hmmmm.....I wonder which country the Dev's are from :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sentibmsentibm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I tried adding English US keyboard layout (under Language Preferences) in my Windows 8 (previously only had Polish (Programmers) layout) and moved it to the top as my prefered layout and weirdly it fixed the problem in game, Thanks! :)

This is of course only a temporary solution and needs to be fixed in game ASAP.
  • Options
    ethiopiaaethiopiaa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I live in Canada, my keyboard is always DEFAULTED in the US language so I don't think the keyboard is the ONLY problem because I also cannot see the chat dialog..
  • Options
    manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    sentibm wrote: »
    I tried adding English US keyboard layout (under Language Preferences) in my Windows 8 (previously only had Polish (Programmers) layout) and moved it to the top as my prefered layout and weirdly it fixed the problem in game, Thanks! :)

This is of course only a temporary solution and needs to be fixed in game ASAP.

ok can also confirm, this worked. though there was no need to log-in under US keyboard settings (as I could not, could not input password as keys changed), but just adding all the US keyboard settings in preferances and setting it as keyboard - US applying it and then sinply switching it back to whatever setting you had previously (and applying) worked for me without the need to log in and out of game.

P.S - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit user here.
  • Options
    drd1812drd1812 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was running my keyboard in English (Canada) switched to English (US) now I'm working...
  • Options
    xeveniusxevenius Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ethiopiaa wrote: »
    I live in Canada, my keyboard is always DEFAULTED in the US language so I don't think the keyboard is the ONLY problem because I also cannot see the chat dialog..

Make sure it is the pure US keyboard there are many variants of English US.
  • Options
    danderouslydanderously Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey folks, we're pretty sure we have the problem worked out.

Yes, it has to do with keyboard locales in Windows. People who don't have the ENG-US keyboard format installed on their computer would have missing dialog choices. There's a fix in the works, but I don't have an ETA on it.

Thank you all for helping us trackdown this quirky bug.
  • Options
    sulstsalizarsulstsalizar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey folks, we're pretty sure we have the problem worked out.

Yes, it has to do with keyboard locales in Windows. People who don't have the ENG-US keyboard format installed on their computer would have missing dialog choices. There's a fix in the works, but I don't have an ETA on it.

Thank you all for helping us trackdown this quirky bug.

Its more then that My keyboard as the US keyboard and Canadian multilingual options and the chat menus work on neither .
  • Options
    mordrekmordrek Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is also the problem that you cannot open the chest at the end of the Gauntlgrym dungeons either. I think it's related. I wonder if it's not because of my keybindings problem I had in the preview server yesterday.
    I'll do a few more tests and keep in touch.
    My Foundry Campain
    NWS-DA9D7G6NM

The White Herald

Act 1 : The Stolen Artefact
    Act 2 : Chasing the Herald
  • Options
    danderouslydanderously Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mordrek wrote: »
    There is also the problem that you cannot open the chest at the end of the Gauntlgrym dungeons either. I think it's related. I wonder if it's not because of my keybindings problem I had in the preview server yesterday.
    I'll do a few more tests and keep in touch.

That's probably related. All the chests at the end of dungeons use the same UI as talking to NPCs (it just looks different). I expect this to fix the end chest too.
  • Options
    shapeless1979shapeless1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just to add another confirm of the "interim" fix. I went from a Danish keyboard layout to American English and then logged in and it worked. Came back out and got rid of the American English keyboard setting and logged back in and it was fine.
  • Options
    nerfallthethingsnerfallthethings Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I also have this bug, but for me it isn't just Rhix. I have found the professions vendor in the market place does the same thing.
    This is VERY frustrating not being able to buy resources.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    era2810era2810 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ***IMPORTANT***
    I don't know if you guys from NWN fixed it already, but as I suspected - issue to the dialouge problem lies in the game client language detection (English, German and other general languages). So if you're from a country not supported by any of the languages implented in the game (like me, Croatia) I'm guessing you won't see them.
    Temporary SOLUTION for players to the problem is:
    - switch your general system language to English (US), Keyboard settings as well
    - restart PC
    - and VOILA - enjoy!

- SPREAD THE WORD!

Hope you guys fix it soon.
  • Options
    d4m13n5d4m13n5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    era2810 wrote: »
    - switch your general system language to English (US), Keyboard settings as well
    - restart PC
    - and VOILA - enjoy!

- SPREAD THE WORD!

Confirmed working. You need only to change your keyboard layout - not system language. You can chance back to your primary layout in-game using alt+tab. Thanks for ppl who seek out this solution (already earlier in the thread also!). Also good that the devs are on it - like said before it's not their fault and they're surely doing their best to fix things.
  • Options
    darkfalconseekerdarkfalconseeker Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1053426_623645430979121_922606210_o.jpg

This is where that becomes a big pain in the ***, I wanted to go to a place where my level is insufficient.

Now that char of mine is stuck, cannot get rid of the warning, so I cannot play it.
  • Options
    flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am from Canada and always had my default to US keyboard to begin with or so i thought. I had to go into Control panel and switch my local To USA. Only then did the proper US English keyboard pop up in drop down menu.

Strange bug. Thanks for the tips guys . Would have been pretty lost without this thread :)
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • Options
    xplodstaxplodsta Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vinjax wrote: »
    no npcs text/quests show, windows are blank after the update i am using english version
    just started a new char and the quest window is blank on pvt wilfred. cant even get past the tutoral part because of this bug. please hurry with a fix!!!!!!:mad:
  • Options
    drd1812drd1812 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not sure if this is related or not but since "fixing" the no text bug by changing keyboard settings (changed canada english to us english) I am unable to change keybindings. ie: Trying to swap daily powers to 4&5 and Item Tray to 1,2&3 results in both daily powers and item tray set for 1 & 2...so it seems that replacing a key with an "in use" key dupes it...a little unplayable atm.
  • Options
    hersinhersin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    got exacly same problem
  • Options
    d4m13n5d4m13n5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Have you tried to change your layout back to your normal and then trying? (at least mine started working when I only once put the english us layout) In other threads there were discussions about bugs in mouse bindings (dunno if those were dailies or encounters). If that doesn't help you'll just have to withstand those keybindings until a fix comes up :/
  • Options
    mafiuplmafiupl Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. Just finished "Dungeon Delves" and was not able to open chest after finishing boss in spider temple. So - dying for nothing and of course devs will tell us: "we fuc*** - deal with it". I'm starting to think that "NeverwinterPreview Shard" is for everything but not for testing incoming patch...
  • Options
    anzentantouanzentantou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i cant seem to turn in any quests i recieve from rhix after i finish them.... is that part of this bug?