Install Arc
Options

Rhix bugged after patch

Comments

• Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    akirababe wrote: »
    You could do better, Smithy? why don't you shoot them an email and tell them how to fix it. I'm sure that'll help.

Well if they had bothered to take note of the bug when it was first reported on the test shard around ,um i don't know a week ago then maybe there wouldn't be any need for a fix would there?
  • Options
    fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Well if they had bothered to take note of the bug when it was first reported on the test shard around ,um i don't know a week ago then maybe there wouldn't be any need for a fix would there?

Seems like they actually don't pay attention to serious bugs that make certain aspects of the game unplayable until a fix is applied. No way to workaround it... same as the alchemy bug with the gateway stuck until they fix it.
  • Options
    ulmenadarulmenadar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fabael wrote: »
    Seems like they actually don't pay attention to serious bugs that make certain aspects of the game unplayable until a fix is applied. No way to workaround it... same as the alchemy bug with the gateway stuck until they fix it.

Until they fix? Meaning we will play at least 1 week without possibility to talk to Rhix or crafting supplier.... Nice...
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looking into this!
  • Options
    malawi82malawi82 Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2013
    there ya go progress
  • Options
    themightytenthemightyten Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you dezstravus
  • Options
    anarkuz77anarkuz77 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same problem here...
  • Options
    yaloryalor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here chasm bazaar vendor
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    all npcs that says something... including inside quest ones -.- got traped
  • Options
    champion616champion616 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lordeland wrote: »
    Great, thank you for your valuable advices i understand that bugs always can appear but the game now is just unplayable!

The game isnt entirely unplayable, I have the same issue as everyone else, you can easily go and grind some mobs, or party up with people and dungeon crawl for the duration, or PvP, or load the foundy and go wild making your own custom map(s). The options are still out there, you just need to be open minded about them and be patiant, fixing games like this is a task that most of us couldnt even fathom
  • Options
    akirababeakirababe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    malawi82 wrote: »
    1. you dunno if hes ever bought zen and if he has he has paid money into the game..
    2. why did u come on to bash people. there mad cause it was down for 2 hours and then brought up not working.
    3. there has been no reply or anything said on forums that even hints that they are trying to fix this.

If he's paying money into the game that's his choice. He is still using a free service and complaining that it's not perfect. Even if he paid money into it, it doesn't mean the game should be infallible. I played WoW and FFXI for a long time, both of which would have patches come out break something for a while. Both of which I actually payed every month for. People who threaten to quit a service need to realize nobody cares. If they want to be a whiny little kid about the game then the customer service side of it would rather be rid of them. People who complain that a game is buggy after a patch are like people who complain that the ground is wet after a rain. Get over it. It happens.

I didn't come on to bash people, I came on to read if there were any dev responses to this issue and I saw people spazzing about something that will eventually be fixed. It's not like PWE is just gonna throw their hands up in the air and say "oh gosh, well this game is gonna be like this forever, sorry guys!" Harassing the devs isn't going to help anyone. Quit raging, take a breath, read a book or watch tv for an hour or two while they sort it out.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey all, if anyone is able to determine what makes this occur for some users and not others, please feel free to share those details. It will help us get to the bottom of the issue faster. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    i patched a lil bit before the server was up... if it says something
  • Options
    malawi82malawi82 Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2013
    If he's paying money into the game that's his choice. He is still using a free service and complaining that it's not perfect. Even if he paid money into it, it doesn't mean the game should be infallible. I played WoW and FFXI for a long time, both of which would have patches come out break something for a while. Both of which I actually payed every month for. People who threaten to quit a service need to realize nobody cares. If they want to be a whiny little kid about the game then the customer service side of it would rather be rid of them. People who complain that a game is buggy after a patch are like people who complain that the ground is wet after a rain. Get over it. It happens.

I didn't come on to bash people, I came on to read if there were any dev responses to this issue and I saw people spazzing about something that will eventually be fixed. It's not like PWE is just gonna throw their hands up in the air and say "oh gosh, well this game is gonna be like this forever, sorry guys!" Harassing the devs isn't going to help anyone. Quit raging, take a breath, read a book or watch tv for an hour or two while they sort it out.

<Civility, please. Forum Rules of Conduct. Read them and hug them.>
  • Options
    ukslimanuksliman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey all, if anyone is able to determine what makes this occur for some users and not others, please feel free to share those details. It will help us get to the bottom of the issue faster. :)

I just did a Skirmish and because I cannot claim my prize I cannot exit the gate. Been stuck here for 30 minutes now.

No dialogs are showing for me either.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    im lvl60, i had open quests before the server goes down, and can't think in something else...
  • Options
    yuzukisanoyuzukisano Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Well, yeah, but the game really is UNPLAYABLE. I can't even get the reward for quest from a chest! I don't know, am I the only one with that problem? Because I only saw posts about the ones with NPCs (that I'm also having).
    screenshot.png
    This is what happens to me when I press "F" and all I can do is to press "Esc" just to leave it alone.
    And the worst is that they're ignoring us. Yeah, perfect.
  • Options
    exastroposexastropos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OMG after patch NPC Bug... I just created a new character new character I cant escape the movie intro.
  • Options
    synistr0synistr0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey, the problem is linked to the fact that they tried to input foreign keyboards into the game..

And you know, you can quickly skip dialogs using 12345 etc... soo on a qwerty keyboard they is no problem.. but coming to azerty keyboards, it become : &
  • Options
    sulstsalizarsulstsalizar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Looking into this!

The patch needs to be rolled back , if this was reported on the test shard and not corrected why was it ever rolled to the main shards ? and it is MOST players take a test character and log in and watch the general zone chat for a few minutes, without poking in the core code for the dialogue menu I would say someone deleted link through commands for the text since we are still get vocal but no text or command options .
  • Options
    monom55monom55 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I have Czech keyboard and after the patch my daily shortcuts display not 1 and 2 but other signs bound to those keys on my keyboard. I share the npc issue. Maybe its keyboard related?
  • Options
    exastroposexastropos Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Possible Item Duplication oh no!
  • Options
    gareth1981gareth1981 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have found a solution. I am in the UK so had English UK Keyboard map. If you change it to the standard US keyboard map (not international US), then you will now be able to talk to NPC's again.
  • Options
    saaalsaaal Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Change your keyboard setting to ENG-US. Worked for me.
  • Options
    gabriael69gabriael69 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    Yes, threaten to quit this free service they provide. That will hurry the process. Guess what buddy? I've played tons of games that aren't beta and still have issues when a new patch goes live. It's called A NEW PATCH WENT LIVE. Get over yourself, nobody cares if you quit because you can't be bothered to wait for them to fix it.

I love when people who have no clue about programming spazz about bugs like it's turning a switch on or off to fix it, or like the people who do the coding make bugs on purpose. The amount of code that goes into a game like this is crazy. If one line somewhere has a typo in it, the whole thing falls apart. If one line isn't worded right, or doesn't reference the correct other line, something somewhere breaks. It's a pretty crazy process to fix sometimes.

Even with the bugs and kinks this is still the best free to play game I've ever played! Keep up the good work Devs.

funny thing is this type of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happens in all perfect world games after patchs so i could understand his rage o well back to playing star trek perfect world did not drop the ball on that one atleast
  • Options
    danderouslydanderously Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To the people who have experienced this issue-

When you see a contact dialog with a blank dialog window, are ALL contacts this way? That is, if Rhix has blank dialog, does every quest-giver also have blank dialog?

We're trying to isolate the issue to certain broken contacts, or the client being in a broken state.

Thanks
  • Options
    dodecadodeca Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    saaal wrote: »
    Change your keyboard setting to ENG-US. Worked for me.

Ahh.. yes. It seems my problem earlier was only trying switching to German and back to English (U.K.) >.>

Just tested it, and yes - changing to English (U.S.) input does fix it.
  • Options
    xeveniusxevenius Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup can confirm switching to English US keyboard works trying on some Windows 7 PC's
  • Options
    manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    To the people who have experienced this issue-

When you see a contact dialog with a blank dialog window, are ALL contacts this way? That is, if Rhix has blank dialog, does every quest-giver also have blank dialog?

We're trying to isolate the issue to certain broken contacts, or the client being in a broken state.

Thanks

Yes, all NPC's that have a chat dialogue seem to be empty. Vendors/Auctionhouse/Bank/zen/companion merchant work ok as far as I can see. Unable to gain daily quests or speak to any NPC with a dialogue though since patch :(

Don't know what you did but you well and truly faffed the game up here for the present moment.
  • Options
    xeveniusxevenius Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    On Windows 8 I think you just have to have the American keyboard installed in your keyboard list. Not sure about Win 7 yet. I am back on UK keyboard and it still works.