test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rhix bugged after patch

d4m13n5d4m13n5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
After latest patch when I talk to Rhix it shows no dialogue. It's in english version of the game.

Image:
34xggon.jpg
Post edited by d4m13n5 on

Comments

• Options
    blueflueblueflue Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OMG. Same issue here. Fix Rhix!
  • Options
    sulstsalizarsulstsalizar Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its not just Rhix its any quest giver that is showing a blank chat box , this is no fun .... please fix
  • Options
    tizenxtizenx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's not just Rhix, I can't do any quests, the chat box's just show blank :(
  • Options
    vinjaxvinjax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    d4m13n5 wrote: »
    After latest patch when I talk to Rhix it shows no dialogue. It's in english version of the game.

no npcs text/quests show, windows are blank after the update i am using english version
  • Options
    pietro0815pietro0815 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same with the professions vendor
  • Options
    cakeyeahcakeyeah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed with the quest givers in Hotenow as well. Vendors seem to work fine however.
  • Options
    themightytenthemightyten Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, game is now well and truly broken. Brilliant patch, supurb :mad:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Confirmed with 3 characters on Mindflayer. Rhix, Wondorous bazaar, auction broker and seal merchants at least in protector's enclave are blank. :/ Hopefully they bring down the server again to fix these problems - I think it's okay for them to take their time if the result is a bug free experience.
  • Options
    garion29garion29 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why is it only affecting some people, though? Alas, my npc chat boxes are also blank but seems to be plenty people in zone chat for whom it is working ok
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Found out in other thread that a mouse click to character and pressing esc after that allows you to leave conversation!

Edit: garion29 I have no clue about that. Hopefully some dev can speak up and clear things to us :/
  • Options
    pietro0815pietro0815 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hm

strange thing happend, after switching the keyboard layout from german to english and back fixed the problem for me.
    don't know if thats just a pure luck or related.

Steps i took:
    Started game with english (US) layout and it worked
    Ended game
    Started game again with german layout and it still works.

Phil
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    I can talk to Rhix and get his dialogs just fine
  • Options
    nieczystoscnieczystosc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got same problem. Still doesn't work for me.
  • Options
    nagrukknagrukk Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Funny thing is... this happened on the test shard a couple days ago when it got patched, and it wasnt fixed, but patch went live anyway ;)
  • Options
    denylphdenylph Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    pietro0815 wrote: »
    hm

strange thing happend, after switching the keyboard layout from german to english and back fixed the problem for me.

Steps i took:
    Ended game

Phil

I confirm it's working !
  • Options
    ulmenadarulmenadar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    d4m13n5 wrote: »

Image:
    34xggon.jpg

Got the same issue... Proffesion vendor and Sg. Knox also bugged that way
  • Options
    riqitariqita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Ah, the lives of game devs are never dull.
  • Options
    lordelandlordeland Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fix this or i will quit the game!
    This is just lame, the game is not beta now and this is happening.
  • Options
    dodecadodeca Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nagrukk wrote: »
    Funny thing is... this happened on the test shard a couple days ago when it got patched, and it wasnt fixed, but patch went live anyway ;)

The testing process at its finest. >_>
  • Options
    demicandemican Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hm

Steps i took:
    Ended game

Phil

Could you explain this in detail, do you mean a keyboard setting within the game itself or just like the windows keyboard language setup?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Keyboard language in Windows
  • Options
    fyrosityfyrosity Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Roll back your broken patch please. Thank you!
  • Options
    imsmithyimsmithy Member Posts: 1,378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Until this is fixed the game is basically unplayable , who the **** do they have working over at cryptic? some kids from the local special school?
  • Options
    akirababeakirababe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lordeland wrote: »
    Fix this or i will quit the game!
    This is just lame, the game is not beta now and this is happening.

Yes, threaten to quit this free service they provide. That will hurry the process. Guess what buddy? I've played tons of games that aren't beta and still have issues when a new patch goes live. It's called A NEW PATCH WENT LIVE. Get over yourself, nobody cares if you quit because you can't be bothered to wait for them to fix it.

I love when people who have no clue about programming spazz about bugs like it's turning a switch on or off to fix it, or like the people who do the coding make bugs on purpose. The amount of code that goes into a game like this is crazy. If one line somewhere has a typo in it, the whole thing falls apart. If one line isn't worded right, or doesn't reference the correct other line, something somewhere breaks. It's a pretty crazy process to fix sometimes.

Even with the bugs and kinks this is still the best free to play game I've ever played! Keep up the good work Devs.
  • Options
    akirababeakirababe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    imsmithy wrote: »
    Until this is fixed the game is basically unplayable , who the **** do they have working over at cryptic? some kids from the local special school?

You could do better, Smithy? why don't you shoot them an email and tell them how to fix it. I'm sure that'll help.
  • Options
    demicandemican Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Keyboard language in Windows

Ok this is just getting strange, I'm on windows 8 and just went to try this fix and I can't even access my keyboard settings, they're just blanked out.. it's probably completely (hopefully) unrelated to the game but it's just bizarre, time to reset i guess o.O
  • Options
    fabaelfabael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    Changing keyboard locales didn't work for me unless it is specific to German/English
  • Options
    dodecadodeca Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    demican wrote: »
    Ok this is just getting strange, I'm on windows 8 and just went to try this fix and I can't even access my keyboard settings, they're just blanked out.. it's probably completely (hopefully) unrelated to the game but it's just bizarre, time to reset i guess o.O

In W8 it's under Language > Input Method

That said, changing it did absolutely nothing for me - still having the same issue regardless.
  • Options
    lordelandlordeland Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, threaten to quit this free service they provide. That will hurry the process. Guess what buddy? I've played tons of games that aren't beta and still have issues when a new patch goes live. It's called A NEW PATCH WENT LIVE. Get over yourself, nobody cares if you quit because you can't be bothered to wait for them to fix it.

I love when people who have no clue about programming spazz about bugs like it's turning a switch on or off to fix it, or like the people who do the coding make bugs on purpose. The amount of code that goes into a game like this is crazy. If one line somewhere has a typo in it, the whole thing falls apart. If one line isn't worded right, or doesn't reference the correct other line, something somewhere breaks. It's a pretty crazy process to fix sometimes.

Even with the bugs and kinks this is still the best free to play game I've ever played! Keep up the good work Devs.

Great, thank you for your valuable advices i understand that bugs always can appear but the game now is just unplayable!
  • Options
    malawi82malawi82 Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2013
    akirababe wrote: »

1. you dunno if hes ever bought zen and if he has he has paid money into the game..
    2. why did u come on to bash people. there mad cause it was down for 2 hours and then brought up not working.
    3. there has been no reply or anything said on forums that even hints that they are trying to fix this.