test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

To all the moderators of these forums

krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Thank You.

You have punished me in the past but no hard feelings, I understand you are doing your job. Honestly though, I am sincerely saying thank you for your moderation. It's a tough thankless job and I for one wanted to say thank you.

Often times the moderators are perceived as the bad guys, but they're the peace keepers and have a tough job of determining when something is ill-intended or constructive criticism of what their counter part developers have done with a game.

I also want to apologize for some of my previous posts that had a biting tongue and down right nasty tone to them. I'm hurt, wounded and looking for hug. I want this game to be successful, I want an MMO home again. I'm not happy, and I'm not patient (I'm a child of an instant gratification world)..and I need meds probably..lol

Anywho...Thank You to the moderators...hat tip to you all.

End Bi-Polar Rant and Thank You. :o

I still think your game...err...MMO needs a lot of work.
"I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
Post edited by krahct on

Comments

• Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    Every time that Ab or Andre lock a thread....God kills a kitten.

Please Ab and Andre...THINK OF THE KITTAHS!
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh and by the way I thought this quote I had seen in the past was quite fitting to all of butthats like me that like to criticize what the developers are doing. I myself had to reread it to check my current self and reassess my stance against them personally.

“It's not the critic who counts. It's not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled. Credit belongs to the man who really was in the arena, his face marred by dust, sweat, and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs to come short and short again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming. It is the man who actually strives to do the deeds, who knows the great enthusiasm and knows the great devotion, who spends himself on a worthy cause, who at best, knows in the end the triumph of great achievement. And, who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and cruel souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Yeah the giant got me once and slammed me into the dungeons! :cool:
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    krahct wrote: »
    Oh and by the way I thought this quote I had seen in the past was quite fitting to all of butthats like me that like to criticize what the developers are doing. I myself had to reread it to check my current self and reassess my stance against them personally.

“It's not the critic who counts. It's not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled. Credit belongs to the man who really was in the arena, his face marred by dust, sweat, and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs to come short and short again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming. It is the man who actually strives to do the deeds, who knows the great enthusiasm and knows the great devotion, who spends himself on a worthy cause, who at best, knows in the end the triumph of great achievement. And, who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and cruel souls who know neither victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Ugh, really disappointing to see you are quoting "The Man in the Arena" in any way, shape or form, in an online game forum.

Online gaming deserves something a bit less dramatic, like, "Give the Guys a break, they are doing the best they can."
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh come on, (said jokingly) it's a great quote and really sums up that we should think twice before bashing the hard work of the development team that I'm sure is working their tushies off to try to accommodate us but are probably limited in resource capacity due to staffing budgets and backlog of work.
  • Options
    rm4g3dd0vrm4g3dd0v Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think anyone that's got a straight mind, accuses the devs. These guys are just the frontline soldiers. It's the marketing and director bufoons that scr3w up. And to tell the truth in NW these bufoons scr3wed up really really hard this time. I agree that ranting on the forums is a good way of venting up, but I think we re venting too much to the wrong direction. And those bufoons are hidden behind the forums, behind the devs, behind the mods. The only thing that can affect those cowards is when we vote with our money.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    rm4g3dd0v wrote: »
    I don't think anyone that's got a straight mind, accuses the devs. These guys are just the frontline soldiers. It's the marketing and director bufoons that scr3w up. And to tell the truth in NW these bufoons scr3wed up really really hard this time. I agree that ranting on the forums is a good way of venting up, but I think we re venting too much to the wrong direction. And those bufoons are hidden behind the forums, behind the devs, behind the mods. The only thing that can affect those cowards is when we vote with our money.

I agree 100% which is why I've stopped spending money on the game, until I see some improvement in how things are being handled I'm not investing another dime in game. I may log in out of shear boredom and lack of something else to play that interests me right now, but they won't get any more of my money. I think I've made that pretty clear on the forums so far. I'm becoming the resident squeaky wheel, I just hope at some point I get some grease.
  • Options
    dsolzdsolz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am not putting my zen into neverwinter server for now. As a sign of protest.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Speaking personally, I'm not that patient. As soon as I find another MMO (beta or not) that will picque my interest, I 'm outta here (when is ESO beta starting?). I regret having spent 15 euros on this game and I even regret having taken the time to even report bugs and glitches. If they fix things till then, (depending on the reparation level) I might rethink. If not, I couldn't care less for a deadbeat MMO. Having played DnD for over 15 years, this MMO isn't even worth the title "Dungeons and Dragons". That's how capitalism works, and that's how people should respond in order to have a healthy mind and spirit. If they try to scr3w you, scr3w them back before they get under your skin.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    rm4g3dd0v wrote: »
    Speaking personally, I'm not that patient. As soon as I find another MMO (beta or not) that will picque my interest, I 'm outta here (when is ESO beta starting?). I regret having spent 15 euros on this game and I even regret having taken the time to even report bugs and glitches. If they fix things till then, (depending on the reparation level) I might rethink. If not, I couldn't care less for a deadbeat MMO. Having played DnD for over 15 years, this MMO isn't even worth the title "Dungeons and Dragons". That's how capitalism works, and that's how people should respond in order to have a healthy mind and spirit. If they try to scr3w you, scr3w them back before they get under your skin.

I kind of agree, but I'm inclined to give them a bit more time, for no other reason that nothing does picque my interest right now. I'm browsing other game sites as I read these forums, looking at Guild Wars, and maybe even begrudeoning going back to WoW (god that makes me cringe)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I was thinking of renewing one month of my SWTOR subscription, just to play the storyline missions with my 4 empire characters, but I 'm still pissed at bioware... As for blizzard and ncsoft, I 'm never touching these piles of bilge again... I invested financially (preorder collector's) and emotionally too much in Tabula Rasa, and I just despise WoW, diablo etc. Maybe I 'll just go back to TSW.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Redirect of my thread.

THANK YOU MODERATORS! You rock, please take pity on me before you ban me or slam my posts into the dungeons for I am weak of mind and will and sometimes slip into periods of dark doom and gloom for my beloved game
  • Options
    yramragyramrag Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dsolz wrote: »
    I am not putting my zen into neverwinter server for now. As a sign of protest.

Every time I see post like this (including "I am not spending another dime on this .. blah blah"), I LOL.

This is a freaking game, this is not your government or your career-ruining company management. What is there to "protest"? You played this game started out as Free to Play. You don't like it, you don't want spend the money, then don't. You don't need to "make a statement" - this is a game.

People are too serious with entertainment, sometimes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yramrag wrote: »
    Every time I see post like this (including "I am not spending another dime on this .. blah blah"), I LOL.

This is a freaking game, this is not your government or your career-ruining company management. What is there to "protest"? You played this game started out as Free to Play. You don't like it, you don't want spend the money, then don't. You don't need to "make a statement" - this is a game.

People are too serious with entertainment, sometimes.

Entertainment is a business...people protests businesses all the time. Believe it or not free to play may not have a subscription but it's not free to play from a players perspective. Time is money, we invest time in the game, in the entertainment and we expect that to entertain us, engage us, thrill us if it doesn't we begin to ask if it's worth the time...or money. What people are doing on this forum is expressing how they feel about the value of the entertainment the game provides.

By the shear number of complaint style threads I'd venture that there a lot of players that are beginning to not feel the value is worth it, whether they invest time or money in the game.

I think, as a business, you'd want to know that. Believe it or not, the only way they exist is money they're getting from somewhere, ZEN..ZEN...ZEN. If people are unhappy they won't spend real money for ZEN. It's a form of protest.

For the hundreds of players that take the time to come here to the forums to complain or post the "i'm not spending another dime' there are hundreds more that quietly just quit. That should be a giant wakeup call to the company that is trying to profit from the game.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Im guessing when moderators see the title they just move on lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bracer2 wrote: »
    Im guessing when moderators see the title they just move on lol.

Probably, but it was honest and good intentioned - I meant it. But I'm sure if I start bashing Cryptic/PWE again it would end up in the dungeon.
  • Options
    bracer2bracer2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 566 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Probably, but it was honest and good intentioned - I meant it. But I'm sure if I start bashing Cryptic/PWE again it would end up in the dungeon.

Yup, but youll get a response to "what to name skellie dog" So funny and so sad all at the same time.
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank You.

You have punished me in the past but no hard feelings, I understand you are doing your job. Honestly though, I am sincerely saying thank you for your moderation. It's a tough thankless job and I for one wanted to say thank you.

Often times the moderators are perceived as the bad guys, but they're the peace keepers and have a tough job of determining when something is ill-intended or constructive criticism of what their counter part developers have done with a game.

I also want to apologize for some of my previous posts that had a biting tongue and down right nasty tone to them. I'm hurt, wounded and looking for hug. I want this game to be successful, I want an MMO home again. I'm not happy, and I'm not patient (I'm a child of an instant gratification world)..and I need meds probably..lol

Completely against the rules, but I laughed out loud, I won't lie. If you are serious, thank you.

I prefer dogs to cats, to be honest... but I looove bunny rabbits!!

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    johnfelljohnfell Banned Users Posts: 408 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As long as you agree with the "Administrators" - and I use this as a loose term - most of them are fine. But if you dare argue or bring up flaws in a way they dont like, the endless rule loop protects them and they censor whatever the thread was about. We are not allowed to talk about them openly, or directly in athread, regarding their "work", in other than positive ways.
    "No mouthing off at staff. If you have questions or concerns about a thread or post, please direct these to the forum mods and admins via PM. " And yet I wasn't answered via PM when I did so :P

Very... democratic. Very... 2013... Several dictatorships never started like this.... oh wait.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Too many threads on topic that need to be talked about get locked over some small technicality that has nothing to do with the thread topic. Then the next thread on the same topic gets locked for repeating a thread, even though there's nothing wrong with the topic, but because the last thread on the same topic got locked due to some inane technicality that had nothing to do with the thread in the first place.
  • Options
    huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    johnfell wrote: »
    As long as you agree with the "Administrators" - and I use this as a loose term - most of them are fine. But if you dare argue or bring up flaws in a way they dont like, the endless rule loop protects them and they censor whatever the thread was about. We are not allowed to talk about them openly, or directly in athread, regarding their "work", in other than positive ways.
    "No mouthing off at staff. If you have questions or concerns about a thread or post, please direct these to the forum mods and admins via PM. " And yet I wasn't answered via PM when I did so :P

Very... democratic. Very... 2013... Several dictatorships never started like this.... oh wait.
    or they just permaban you without a reason, only cause you disagreed with them on some ingame stuff....but hey, they are the "administration" afterall, right? :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »
    or they just permaban you without a reason, only cause you disagreed with them on some ingame stuff....but hey, they are the "administration" afterall, right? :)

This I have no knowledge about, but if an Admin did this I hope you atleast tried to bring it to light on FB/Twitter/Customer Support (i know, but still) including every admin on this forum.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

This is quite a bit over the top. We will not close a thread for something we simply disagree with or do not like. In fact we love discussing those amongst each other and are sometimes more fun. In fact, this thread was one of them. We DO have a sense of humor and remember, we don't make a dime, we play the game as you do. We spend what time we have in addition to our normal (did I say NORMAL!?) lives to try our best to make this a destination forum, and a great addition to the game. It's the community that gets the most credit however, without you guys/gals, we'd just be moderating ourselves, and what fun would that be??

Posts or threads that attack a person will get moderated. Sadly, there is a lot of that. Not our fault if some can not or wish not to clearly articulate themselves without offending another. Whether the person is a regular, a popular face on these forums, or someone that just created a new account yesterday, we do not play sides, we call it straight down the line, as it should be.

The main point I want ya'll to remember is this: we very much welcome constructive criticism, especially when it is accompanied by potential solutions.

No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Too many threads on topic that need to be talked about get locked over some small technicality that has nothing to do with the thread topic. Then the next thread on the same topic gets locked for repeating a thread, even though there's nothing wrong with the topic, but because the last thread on the same topic got locked due to some inane technicality that had nothing to do with the thread in the first place.

Chai the Rules of Conduct are clear. And I think they are pretty fair. Ask Ambi, or Zeb. We actually discuss the stuff that needs to be talked about. We discuss it all the time. Devs know it. Community managers know it. The suits know it.

Now if there is a topic you'd like to discus, but are afraid it could be moderated or closed, feel free contact a mod and ask us for advice. We want to see this game succeed, and we'll try our best to go over and beyond the call of duty for the community to get our voices heard... yes... our. This is how we try to differentiate ourselves from others.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    This is quite a bit over the top. We will not close a thread for something we simply disagree with or do not like. In fact we love discussing those amongst each other and are sometimes more fun. In fact, this thread was one of them. We DO have a sense of humor and remember, we don't make a dime, we play the game as you do. We spend what time we have in addition to our normal (did I say NORMAL!?) lives to try our best to make this a destination forum, and a great addition to the game. It's the community that gets the most credit however, without you guys/gals, we'd just be moderating ourselves, and what fun would that be??

Posts or threads that attack a person will get moderated. Sadly, there is a lot of that. Not our fault if some can not or wish not to clearly articulate themselves without offending another. Whether the person is a regular, a popular face on these forums, or someone that just created a new account yesterday, we do not play sides, we call it straight down the line, as it should be.

The main point I want ya'll to remember is this: we very much welcome constructive criticism, especially when it is accompanied by potential solutions.

I agree it was abit over the top in the sense that I generalised when I really shouldnt have; you are different people, and not all the same. Mainly my frustrations stemmed from continous dealings with a specific mod - you Ive had no dealings with here - but this I'm not allowed to discuss here, his/her actions cannot be criticized openly (Ive been told). This generally becomes an issue, especially if forum moderators have their private accounts be the same as their "Moderator"-tagged ones - less authority, more personal views and debates tend to follow, until the banhammer suddenly drops (an expression). This is also a problem if a Moderator doesn't answer PMs. But again, this is my opinion.

I've been a mod/admin myself, know how ungrateful and frustrating the job is, especially if unpayed - and especially if you are just gamers yourself, caring about Neverwinter - but its a slippery slope, a line walk... My hats of to you, for this, but this is also where some seemingly feel it has gone awry, yet not allowed to be discussed on the forum. Easily translates into things being hidden, not open for debate or discussion, can foster an "us vs them" mentality.

Not arguing the need for moderators; god knows what pits of flamy hell forums can descend into without you guys working it.
    Im just making a point that it goes both ways. We are held accountable, at your mercy, yet you are not. And all people see is often threads locked, hidden away, or deleted, without being able to discuss it. Some seem to not be very comforted by this.

Lastly, thanks for the job you guys are doing - without you people like me would run it into cinder and ash. ;)
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013

As someone who has felt the heavy hand of moderation more than once I can attest to this...honestly there are a lot of folks regularly posting on these forums that would have been gone long ago were they posting over at LOTRO, DDO (still have nightmares about the cubes "Ban them all let Tyr sort them out" philosophy) or EQII. All in all they are pretty lenient. I can be very sharp tongued sometimes and these guys have no problem letting me know about it, doesn't matter if I'm a fan of the game or not.

I'm not just saying this to Rah Rah our mod staff all of them know I had serious issues with the whole volunteer mod program before launch, and even I will say they don't play favorites.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    This generally becomes an issue, especially if forum moderators have their private accounts be the same as their "Moderator"-tagged ones - less authority, more personal views and debates tend to follow, until the banhammer suddenly drops (an expression). This is also a problem if a Moderator doesn't answer PMs. But again, this is my opinion.

We don't have access to a banhammer. All bans go through Sominator and CMPinpointerror and can't simply be due to simple disagreements in opinion.

Also as far as I know we all respond to basically every PM. Now of course if there's really nothing to respond to, for example a statement rather than a question, we might not actually respond but everything in at least my own inbox gets read within a day most times even if it is not responded to.

As Aandre said they want us to voice or own opinions. You may freely disagree with our opinions and that's fine. The moderating team is mature enough to not act based on disagreements. If we did one of your threads would have been closed long ago so you are walking proof despite your bitterness that we don't moderate based on disagreeing opinions. ;)

And I promise we are held very much accountable. We have to be respectful. We can be firm on our opinion but we have to be respectful and we absolutely can not close threads, remove them from view or moderate them simply because we disagree with the opinions expressed. If we do I guarantee Som and Pin (and especially Melanderi) will come down on us.

The CM's are great and we have a very good relationship with them but when it comes down to it business is business and when we moderate we have to have rules or a valid reason to moderate and not a one of them can be our opinions.
  • Options
    chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Chai the Rules of Conduct are clear. And I think they are pretty fair. Ask Ambi, or Zeb. We actually discuss the stuff that needs to be talked about. We discuss it all the time. Devs know it. Community managers know it. The suits know it.

Now if there is a topic you'd like to discus, but are afraid it could be moderated or closed, feel free contact a mod and ask us for advice. We want to see this game succeed, and we'll try our best to go over and beyond the call of duty for the community to get our voices heard... yes... our. This is how we try to differentiate ourselves from others.

What Im talking about is a thread gets started about topic A which is not against the rules. Random forumite (not the OP) starts talking about how they were modded/disciplined etc...which is against the forum rules, but it not related to topic A. Instead of taking the post out, the entire thread gets removed. Then when someone tries to start another thread of the same topic, which theres nothing wrong with whatsoever, the thread also gets removed for restarting another thread. Being that trigger happy and using a nuke it from orbit strategy makes it look like you guys dont want certain things talked about, even though its not against the rules to do so.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    We don't have access to a banhammer. All bans go through Sominator and CMPinpointerror and can't simply be due to simple disagreements in opinion.

Also as far as I know we all respond to basically every PM. Now of course if there's really nothing to respond to, for example a statement rather than a question, we might not actually respond but everything in at least my own inbox gets read within a day most times even if it is not responded to.

As Aandre said they want us to voice or own opinions. You may freely disagree with our opinions and that's fine. The moderating team is mature enough to not act based on disagreements. If we did one of your threads would have been closed long ago so you are walking proof despite your bitterness that we don't moderate based on disagreeing opinions. ;)

And I promise we are held very much accountable. We have to be respectful. We can be firm on our opinion but we have to be respectful and we absolutely can not close threads, remove them from view or moderate them simply because we disagree with the opinions expressed. If we do I guarantee Som and Pin (and especially Melanderi) will come down on us.

The CM's are great and we have a very good relationship with them but when it comes down to it business is business and when we moderate we have to have rules or a valid reason to moderate and not a one of them can be our opinions.

Banhammer is a loose expression. I retract it and in it's place put "lock and move" or "delete posts from existence" or "censor".

Sometimes a statement merits a response as well as a question, especially when put into context of something else.

I understand that you've said they want you to voice your own opinions; I was talking about my views on forum moderating, how I feel about it and others that I've seen or talked to about it. I exercise my right to disagree with it, just as you often do with me ;) But as long as the forum works well Im more than content.

"Despite your bitterness" is curious, coming from a Forum Moderator, claiming maturity, hopefully an impartial authority, not to mention in this state of the game (and forums), in my opinion, but I do get your point, and despite how it may seem I'm actually trying to behave more, I just get these dark spells from certain news about the game at times. ;)

Ill have to take your word for you being accountable; We wouldn't know, since we see nothing of this, and not allowed to question such things openly. And I do take your word for it. :)

Glad you get along with your CM's and strive for a non opinionated ruling system. All we can hope for (assuming we agree with the rules, but that's beside the point, and outside our control, since the customers are guests in this forum - not our house, so to speak.)

EDIT; Very cool to see you openly answer all this btw, with patience and nice attitude. Helps the atmosphere of a forum. Hats off.
  • Options
    epicmfepicmf Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank You.

He'll be back with more rage soon enough :D