test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Player Challenge: Make the Neverwinter Chat Ban System Better.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    talnorantalnoran Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would hardly say that chat spam is 'virtually non-existent'. I see it as soon as I travel into town. A chat filter is never going to work as they will simply find a way to bypass the filter. It's not like there are a large amount of servers here and from what I've been hearing there is going to be a merger down to a single server. Why don't you just have GM monitor chat windows while they are doing support tickets. Not like it's hard to spot mad spam going on and kill the account(s). If I recall there was another game that let their own members police activity like this and it was working fairly well.
  • Options
    endocinendocin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    One Have a trade channel
    Two Pay and have a monitor GM for flags that come up.
    Three Limit posts to once every 15-30 sec
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A New Player Help (NPH) channel for all players upto level 15/20 which is visible to all if they open that tab or choose to ignore it, new spam accounts would be less frequent and it clears up the main zone chat for higher levels etc..

Also incorporate the Town Crier located in Protectors Enclave into the guild system, where you are able to pay 'x' amount gold for 'y' hours and the Town Crier will shout your guild recruitment message into zone chat for those passing by.
    It uses up some more of that excess gold floating around and again frees up zone chat from spammers.

Both of these systems are in Age Of Conan, sure not the most populated of games these days but it has its plus points.
  • Options
    rondaricrondaric Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think we have to be realistic. There will never be enough GMs to monitor chat. It HAS to be an automatic system.

What I have seen so far and like is this:

1. separate ignore and report. Only allow from the chat box.

2. Trade channel. ALL lines with a LINK should be automatically redirected to this channel.

3. Frequency. Only allow a line every x seconds. Maybe its possible to check what was written on line# -1. If it is the same text, ignore/swallow it.

What I don't like is not allowing newbie chars to type in Zone. I have helped many newbies asking questions (and enjoy doing so). This would cut them off from any help in game whatosever.

My 2c