Options

Rogues tearing up about GF's in pvp

13»

Comments

• Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rannox1 wrote: »
    Wait... u lose to TR's in 1v1s? How? I rarely lose 2v1 on my GF, hell I even win most 3v1's.

Basically as a heavily geared GF, if there is less than 4 trying to kill you, and none of them are cw's, you win.

1 Geared TR - Stealths and throws daggers breaks your shield and kills you. You face scrub TR's that are under geared & unskilled.
  • Options
    sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    masu84 wrote: »

My CW buddies died very fast and he did need something around 3-4 skill rotations to kill me.

You see from killing 3 people at once with that build we are at 3-4 rotation of that encounters to kill one....LOL...
  • Options
    skycrystalskycrystal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    I disguised it? Weird...I wasn't trying to. I thought it was totally obvious.

And why do people keep referring to GF's as tank's? They clearly are not in either mode. They can't 'tank' anything.

They do have innately higher defences but in PVE the shield pops in about 2 seconds.
    In PVP in a 2 vs 1 the shield pops in about 1.5 seconds. After that they are like a turtle out of its shell.
    In fact every other class except the cleric has a better defensive ability than the GF.
    Ive taken single hits from TR's that cut through my entire shield and 70% of my 30 thousand hp. A single hit... as in ein, uno, one.

And no GF's are not remotely OP... They are probably in the best spot to balance the other classes against

If your block drops that quickly, you're doing something wrong.
    Xiryn - Iron Vanguard - Protector Guardian Fighter - 60
    Lyssa Nadir - Stormwarden - Archery Hunter Ranger - 60
  • Options
    therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Smokebomb=dazing everyone who is trying to get him
    impossible to catch=immune to CC effects, damage reduction. used between stealth and smokebomb
    dazing strike=dazing/killing main target

1k damage by his flying daggers (non crit!) ... well not a legend... reality!

My CW buddies died very fast and he did need something around 3-4 skill rotations to kill me.

If they open with daggers, block and start running back. When they pop impossible to catch, continue to hold up shield, and just run away, wait for it to expire, and block if they catch up. If they pop smoke bomb on you with shield, you can continue to hold shield as long as you don't release it, but usually i'll just hit them with a bulls rush if they're close(it seems to always allow one last attack in). Then start opening up on them with your rotation. You should be able to deal more damage in 5 seconds then they just dealt to you at this point. If they have their daily(lurkers assault), it's possible you just die at some point, but that's just how it works.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sinbius wrote: »
    You see from killing 3 people at once with that build we are at 3-4 rotation of that encounters to kill one....LOL...

Well... CW = nearly onehit for TR. im GF. He did onehit the CWs (well, he prepared his onehits by using the daggers).

I was able to block most of his attacks and kept him busy. My defense is higher. And: he must be carefull: One hit by bull charge and he would be dead in stunlock. This way he did need more time to kill a GF than a CW ... surprise surprise.
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Until the rogue is re-balanced I just rolled a CW... it's the flavor of the week at the moment. Non-Stop face rolling in PvP from afaaaaar!

( Seriously the CW is broke, it's awesome, I don't even have to try anymore. )

Lol troll. CW come right after DC on the crapometer. All that happens now is rogues, GF and GWF just charge you and all you can do is run. Last match GWF laughing in the middle of 4 toons trying to kill him popping determination after determination.

He was capping and i went to take it back. He laughed and said take your best shot and didnt even attack. My gear is good with ray on tab and nope didnt even touch him.

This games pvp is the worst i have ever seen. GF's take 80% of your life off and a charge and perma stealth rogues.
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm a GF and I admit that the amount of damage we do is nasty. We pretty much oneshot everyone unless they have cc immunity ( that's because when they are CCed we do 26.5% extra damage, on top of all the crazy multipliers GFs have).
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    I'm a GF and I admit that the amount of damage we do is nasty. We pretty much oneshot everyone unless they have cc immunity ( that's because when they are CCed we do 26.5% extra damage, on top of all the crazy multipliers GFs have).
    Oneshot?! You're a GF and oneshot enemies?! Plz tell me your definition of "oneshot"!

Bull Charge: 4k Damage
    Lunging Strike: 4k Damage
    Frontline Surge: 3,5k Damage
    ----
    1 Rotation = 11,5k Damage

Now if you got a very high crit chance for a GF you got something around 22-25%. sometimes one of the 3 encounter will crit (3 crits on 4 complete rotations!). one rotation with a critical bull charge = 15,5k damage.

How do you oneshot anything with 15k damage?!

(and plz... no knight challenge. Its just an encounter for no0bs to kill other no0bs!)

Well lets assume that you got high recovery and you are able to combine 4 encounter in a single rotation. One of them will be a critical hit. Then you get 19,5k damage. But to do this, you will need 2000+ Crit, 1500+ ArPen, 1500+ Recovery AT LEAST. I know this because i got this stats. I cant oneshot anything. Sometimes im able to "fourshot" an enemy. But dont forget this: a complete rotation of 4 encounters takes much time. At least 6 seconds because of the 4th skill: lunging strike cooldown <6sec is hardly impossible while having enough crit/arpen/power! Well 6 Seconds without beeing disturbed by other enemies... nearly impossible.

Normally there will be a CW or TR which will use some CC skills to stop your rotation.

Because of all this im only able to oneshot enemies, which are nearly dead. WOW. Impressive.

GF is a supporter Class in PvP. Low damage but nice CC skills. But since the last patch, most CWs and TRs found new methods to dominate each PvP match.

And here is the reason:
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Knights challenge is not "a no0b skill". It lets you oneshot people with 2 noncrits. It has the same CD as Frontline Surge.

Let me explain how I do so much damage: 27% ArP; (1/(1-.27) = 37% damage increase. 8k Power. I do 26.5% more damage on CCed targets because of feats/powers. I've done 12k-15k noncrit lunging strikes/bull rushes (my lunging pretty much always hits this hard after a bull rush), 20-25k crits.

The way to beat me is by putting on CC immunity. However, I can last it out with Fighter's Recovery which heals you for your entire hp bar.

Funny thing is I haven't bought Tenebrous enchants for PvP because A) They suck *** in PvE B) They will prob get nerfed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    English is not my native language but shouldn't "oneshot" mean that you hit once and he is dead?...in your english you use "oneshot" to describe multyhit with several enconuters and at will to kill.... WHY???? WTF WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sinbius wrote: »
    English is not my native language but shouldn't "oneshot" mean that you hit once and he is dead?...in your english you use "oneshot" to describe multyhit with several enconuters and at will to kill.... WHY???? WTF WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

.... Ok. I kill people in one burst rotation while they're CCed. Happy?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    yes better way better...every class can kill a player with a burst rotation while they are CC....do u understand this?
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Knights challenge is not "a no0b skill". It lets you oneshot people with 2 noncrits. It has the same CD as Frontline Surge.

Let me explain how I do so much damage: 27% ArP; (1/(1-.27) = 37% damage increase. 8k Power. I do 26.5% more damage on CCed targets because of feats/powers. I've done 12k-15k noncrit lunging strikes/bull rushes (my lunging pretty much always hits this hard after a bull rush), 20-25k crits.

The way to beat me is by putting on CC immunity. However, I can last it out with Fighter's Recovery which heals you for your entire hp bar.

Funny thing is I haven't bought Tenebrous enchants for PvP because A) They suck *** in PvE B) They will prob get nerfed.

Imagine it with tenes ouch
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    Imagine it with tenes ouch

I don't even wanna know how absurd my damage would be with tenes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Encounter damage * (1 + .15 Combat Superiority + .1 Powerful Attack) * 1.1 Trample of the Fallen * 1.15 Crushing Pin * 2.0 from Knight's Challenge = 316% damage on Encounters when CCed and Knight's Challenge.

3590 - 4037 Lunging*3.16 = 11344 - 12757 noncrit*1.75 = 19852 - 22324 crit

3634 - 4135 Bull Rush*3.16 = 11483 - 13067 noncrit*1.75 = 20095 - 22867 crit

People might have more DR than 28% from Defense + AC. At most, they will have 45% DR. The damage will still be outragous.

This is why GFs do so much dmg in PvP and so much dps in PvE. They have crazy multipliers.

Now, can idiots stop busting my balls.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't even wanna know how absurd my damage would be with tenes.

This game is so dumb. I could live with the devs pathetic balancing in pvp only but now they make pvp too big a part of the game.

Seriously Sent build GWF 3 and 4v1. GF,s 2 shotting, Permastealth rogues. Burst no skill deaths in 1.5 secs. Tene stacking??? The more health you have the more damage you do. Its like they have no idea at all.

But with how bad this game is for exploits and plain broken issues (Gaunt) it like they havent got a clue.

I guess i am just a sucker for punishment playing the cloth based ranged class. You figure i wear cloth so i should have good damage. Lol. They always nerf it so you are prime target no 1. Thank god i get a DC on my team from time to time :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    capgarnas wrote: »
    This game is so dumb. I could live with the devs pathetic balancing in pvp only but now they make pvp too big a part of the game.

Seriously Sent build GWF 3 and 4v1. GF,s 2 shotting, Permastealth rogues. Burst no skill deaths in 1.5 secs. Tene stacking??? The more health you have the more damage you do. Its like they have no idea at all.

But with how bad this game is for exploits and plain broken issues (Gaunt) it like they havent got a clue.

I guess i am just a sucker for punishment playing the cloth based ranged class. You figure i wear cloth so i should have good damage. Lol. They always nerf it so you are prime target no 1. Thank god i get a DC on my team from time to time :)

Luckily for me, I always play the warrior class. Heh.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Knights Challenge CD: 28sec
    Frontline Surge CD: 18sec

Small difference ... hm?

Using Knights Challenge results ALLWAYS in this:

Enemy is realizing that you used knights Challenge. Even the biggest idiot on this planet does know that you will use lunging strike instantly and even this biggest idiot is dodging your lunging strike. Then the enemy is running away from you. Knights Challenge is over bevfore next lunging strike will be rdy :p

Or the other possible reaction: the enemy will kill you because his damage is doubled too and he was just a little bit faster than you (ping...). Or someone is using a CC spell on you. Then you are the poor guy which is getting two-shot by a cleric while the CW is CCing you :p

Well i dont know which game you're playing, but in Neverwinter, most enemies are dodging :p

I got 17% ArPen by stats +7% by Dex =24% I got 5,4k Power. My lunging strike is hitting with 4k damage.m Well i dont know if knights challenge (or even marks) makes the enemy to a CCed target, but even if the skills would do this: 5k damage instead of 4k :p

Highed damage without crits was something around 6k damage with lunging. Now using knights challenge, i would get 12k damage too, but wait... wasnt it knights challenge which is a no0b skill because its not working on medium+ skilled players?!
    Well, your neverwinter seems to be a funny game. in my neverwinter, Fighters Recovery is healing me while hitting an enemy. But there are *some* enemies, which are using CC skills which prevents the enemy from hitting them. Well some of the enemies which are using CC skills: GF, GWF, TR, CW, Cleric.

But im interested in your gear! 8k Power is looking like stalwart set with (nearly) full stacks. Using Timeless hero would result in something around 6k-6,5k Power. Because of your ArPen i dont think that you are using Power-Enchantmanets at all. Okay, lets combine this facts:

1) getting 5 Stalwart stacks
    2) using knight challenge
    3) enemy must be stupid (not running away, not dodging, not CCing you, not oneshotting you first, ...)
    4) use lunging strike
    5) enemy must be stupid again (not dodging your attack even capt. obvious was there and told them your next actions!)
    6) use bull charge to finish him
    7) enemy must be stupid again (where is capt. obvious?!)
    8) waiting until knights challenge is rdy again. Well waiting 15-20secs is no problem at all while the emenies are conquering all your teams nodes :P

Important:

if the enemy isnt a stupid no0b it would look like this:
    2) using knight challenge -> enemy is running/dodging out of range
    3) waiting until knights challenge is rdy again.

Or like this:
    2) using knight challenge
    3) DEAD because enemy CCed you or onehitted you faster

But i prefer this one:
    2) dead. More than one enemy focused you but you didnt want to start your combo before you got 5 stacks :p

All in all: your tactic is awesome! oh yea, really ... NOT!

And here is the reason:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Snip

1) Against classes who can dodge your Bull Rush: you Bull Rush, then Knight's Challenge, then Lunging.

2) I'm not using Stalwart or Timeless. I'm using: Shadow Wolf Headpiece, Armor of Insanity, Icefall Gauntlets, Lizardfolk Scimitar, Shield of the Crusher, Piercing Valiant +4. 7.7k power, 1.8k ArP, 1.7k crit. With Stalwart I have: 12.7k power with 5 stacks, 1k ArP, 1k crit.

3) I'm using Power enchants because they are BiS in PvE and can't be ****ed to buy Tenebrous enchants just for ****ty PvP (they will get nerfed anyways).

4) You use Bull Rush BEFORE Lunging because you gain 26.5% damage when a target is CCed.

5) You still do high damage with just Bull Rush and Lunging Strike. You have Knight's Challenge up every two rotations.

6) You know what I meant by Fighter's Recovery. It heals insane amounts when you hit. Even with Cleave.

7) When a CW is casting his stun you block. When a TR is casting dazing you block, etc.

9) I got 18.6% ArP from stats + 9% from Dex.

10) +7 secs on a cooldown isn't gonna "let the enemy cap everything".

On a side note, people being able to dodge your skills AFTER they hit should be changed ASAP. It's a very stupid and clunky mechanic.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    1) Against classes who can dodge your Bull Rush: you Bull Rush, then Knight's Challenge, then Lunging..
    You know that the range of Bull Charge is very low?If there is a GF very close to an enemy, he will dodge automacially because every no0b knows that bull charge is the best opener. No CW, Cleric or even a TR will allow you to get that close without dodging your bull charge or CCing you.
    2) I'm not using Stalwart or Timeless. I'm using: Shadow Wolf Headpiece, Armor of Insanity, Icefall Gauntlets, Lizardfolk Scimitar, Shield of the Crusher, Piercing Valiant +4. 7.7k power, 1.8k ArP, 1.7k crit. With Stalwart I have: 12.7k power with 5 stacks, 1k ArP, 1k crit.
    Well, im using nearly the same items like you. But since i tried to push my Recovery too, im using greywolf armor and high general helm and feet to get more recovery/ArPen et all.
    3) I'm using Power enchants because they are BiS in PvE and can't be ****ed to buy Tenebrous enchants just for ****ty PvP (they will get nerfed anyways).
    Im using Crit Enchants. Ill try Power enchants but i cant believe that Power is that hard. You have something about 0 recovery ... thats the price for getting high power.
    4) You use Bull Rush BEFORE Lunging because you gain 26.5% damage when a target is CCed.
    1) close range
    2) enemies will dodge your bull charge easily
    5) You still do high damage with just Bull Rush and Lunging Strike. You have Knight's Challenge up every two rotations.
    Looking at your recovery (no item you did list has recovery...) your rotations will be very slow.
    6) You know what I meant by Fighter's Recovery. It heals insane amounts when you hit. Even with Cleave.
    Well normally im going to kill someone or im CCed. Recovering life is a waste of time. Use indo strength as daily to kill more because you cant kill anything with cleave.
    7) When a CW is casting his stun you block. When a TR is casting dazing you block, etc.
    Which game are you playing? its 5on5 ... you will be hit easily by CC skills after running/charging towards the enemies which has been hit by bull charge.

9) I got 18.6% ArP from stats + 9% from Dex.
    doesnt matter at all. but nice to know.
    10) +7 secs on a cooldown isn't gonna "let the enemy cap everything".
    +7sec? Frontline surge vs Knights challenge is something about 10 secs
    On a side note, people being able to dodge your skills AFTER they hit should be changed ASAP. It's a very stupid and clunky mechanic.
    Its all about the ping and this is why your tactics doesnt work at all.

And here is the reason:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    The difference between both gets lower and low the more recovery you have, hence 7 secs. Recovery is worthless in PvP, it's not even that good in PvE (power outshines after 1800). You literally heal for your full bar when using Fighter's Recovery. My last point happens on 50 ping and 200 ping; it's the game. You don't Bull Rush right away, you make them waste their dodges.
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    masu84 - Response to your response to sanctumlol -

1 - Being a GF we already know you are going to dodge and this is why we sneak up on you or fake the charge with a threatening rush and wait for you to blow your stam bar. Then you die.

2 - (General Statement for your average gamer) Gear / Enchants does not matter as a fresh Level 60 GF in basic PvP Gear & 0 enchants can 2-3 Shot players. Better Gear/Enchants just gives more burst & survival. So don't focus on gear and work on map awareness and personal skill levels. (If you are a PvP Focused gamer/guild - Then you should focus on gear/enchants towards PvP and run (2) sets of gear/enchants. PvP & PvE.)

3 - Recovery is so marginal for GF that you should not enchant for it as our Cooldowns are short to start with and you want burst as we already 1-3 shot players. My personal choice is T10 Radiant but G-Tene is also a great option for players that can't afford 10Mil per Enchant.

4 - Explained in #1 - Sneak up on target - I normally lunge from range and follow up with bull charge. If you ever played Alistar in LoL you'll know about the double tap of charge / knock up. You can do the same with GF.

5 - Again recovery is nice but not necessary as your target is normally dead in 1 rotation and if you are facing a 1v2. The fight becomes a fast 1v1 and you just need to wait till your skills are off cooldown and target is dead or call in support.

6 - Agreed - I never use recovery in PvP, just a wasted skill in PvP as there are pots for healing.

7 - 5on5 - What PvP are you playing? It's normally 1v1, 2v1, 1v2, 2v3, 3v3, etc... on a point but almost never 5 players on the same point. Also why are you running head on into the enemy?

8 - Why is 8 Missing?

9 - Your ignorance is now showing as 27% ArP = 27% increased damage and why ArP stacking players in PvP hit so hard because they are eating away your defense damage reduction.

10 - I've played both Front Line Surge & Knights Challenge - If you character is BiS Enchants and hitting for 10k+ white damage then you don't need Knights Challenge and should but using Front Line Surge. But if you are hitting for 5-7k+ white damage then you need Knights Challenge to kill players in a single rotation. If you can't kill TR/CW/DC in a single rotation, you need to fix your gear/enchants/build as you are gimping your team.