test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogues tearing up about GF's in pvp

shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
So you have learned you're not really that skilled now that you can't 1 shot everyone..
DEAL WITH IT.

Also as a 15k GF... please stop exaggerating.. we are not 3 shotting anything without an incredibly lucky 3 consecutive crits on encounters. That's about a 1 in 30 chance.

@ 30% crit chance MAX without severely gimping other stats... I have 5 rank 7 azures and timeless bonus and im not getting even 30% in perfect circumstances.

So no... we are not 3 shotting you... average for me to kill a squishy is 5 or 6 hits with encounter powers. This means I have to wait for an entire cycle of cooldowns to do anything because my at will attacks barely scratch.

In fact Rogues still need more nerfing... Impossible to catch is a total joke. Dazing strike also a total joke.

Basicly...
A competent GF with a daily can lock 1 person for about 6 or 7 seconds... without daily maybe 4 to 5 seconds. This won't even kill the squishiest of people...not without incredible crit luck.

A competent rogue can daze the entire enemy team...and use impossible to catch becoming invulnerable.. Even an UNSKILLED rogue can kill any other class without getting scratched. Rogue vs rogue whoever dazes first wins. Wow.. some skill!
My wife is the worst gamer ever and she spanks people in pvp with her rogue. Did I mention shes the worst gamer ever?
Rogue.. a skilled rogue in a 1 vs 1.. my win rate is about 10%
Wizard...in a good spot. They have moments of weakness and vulnerability.. A good wizard vs me is 50/50 win ratio.
GWF..same thing. Moments of weakness and I have about a 60% win ratio in 1v1. They could still use a slight buff.
Cleric...astral shield 1 trick pony. They could use damage buffs on a few skills and slightly lessen their self heal penalty. I have a 75% win ratio in 1v1.

So please don't clog the forums with your tears because your 99% win rate dropped to 90%. You can still win most fights typing with your toes.

PS: to you clerics... I know you hate GF's knocking you out of your circles....but someone has to do it. It doesn't make GF's op.. If there was no counter to astral shield you would be getting nerfed even more..so your welcome.
Post edited by shamurai7 on

Comments

• Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    Rogue.. a skilled rogue in a 1 vs 1.. my win rate is about 10%

Over exaggerated... 10%? A skilled GF never get killed by a rogue easily unless its a 2v1 or a rogue used lurker's assault(daily) with consecutive critical strikes, but in 1v1 GF has full advantage to rogue. All u have to do is use block and just turn your character where u think the daggers are coming from and when the rogue is near u. FYI you can see a rogue if its near you, therefore once u see the rogue a skilled/normal GF will immediately stun him and the stealth is gone(The stealth meter decreases whenever a rogue is hit, therefore its impossible to refill it without kiting melee class). And now what can rogue do without stealth? Rogues can't simply trade blows with the GF because of their block and decent damage. And I agree GF can 3 or 5 shots squishy classes which is not normal because they're suppose to be a tank. Although since I am a skilled rogue I have 90% chance to always dodge their attacks which can stun me or drop me on the ground with a crazy long animation of standing. The only way I succeed on killing GF is when I attacked first without him noticing me coming. I have killed many GF though through kiting them with daggers, bait and switch, Roll/Dodge, stealth and it takes ages to kill them simply because like what I said I cant melee them on 1v1 and cloud of steel has only 12 daggers so u cant throw them forever. So our dodge/roll must be perfect or else we'll get stun and another stun and whatever encounter skills they have. I am not asking for a nerf here, but I am only requesting to make the long animation which drops the character when get stunned, to be faster by 1 sec. Because most of the time squishy classes are dead when the GF stuns them because the GF's Combo begins with a stun and another stun then push them away then use shield then repeat the same combo again. Although they cant do these easily to CW because of their 4 consecutive teleports with fast stamina regen, but to other squishy classes they're dead. In my opinion to balance GF vs TR, GF's gets more penalty when using shield or TR's resistance gets buff. Either of the two I think it will be balance. So far most of the players I've asked most of them said GWF is the most OP because they can tank at the same time deal massive damage and while making themselves giant which all gwf uses makes them completely unstoppable in fighting or escaping to get a potion. They made GWF a combination of GF's survivability and TR's damage. Sorry for the long reply thread, but I love sharing my opinion.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    PS: to you clerics... I know you hate GF's knocking you out of your circles....but someone has to do it. It doesn't make GF's op.. If there was no counter to astral shield you would be getting nerfed even more..so your welcome.

lol. Yeah right. That's just a preposterous statement.

If that were the case... Not sure how that helps GFs in .. you know.. everything other than PvP. Stock up on healing potions I guess.
  • Options
    dootudootu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    TDLR Version:

I'm OP and scared of getting nerfed. so I made this thread about how non-OP I am.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Did I miss something? I don't see posts from TR's about GF's. Really looks more like a disguised gripe about rogues to me.
  • Options
    delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    I have a TR and this is just a disguised gripe, as I have said it befor eand will say it again the classes are not meant to be equal nor are they meant to be balanced. Nor are the races, each has areas they should excel in, I have noticed that mainly it is always the pvp'ers who complain about how things should be balanced. I am not quite understanding why everyone always thinks things should be balanced in a game.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have a TR and this is just a disguised gripe, as I have said it befor eand will say it again the classes are not meant to be equal nor are they meant to be balanced. Nor are the races, each has areas they should excel in, I have noticed that mainly it is always the pvp'ers who complain about how things should be balanced. I am not quite understanding why everyone always thinks things should be balanced in a game.

Agreed, ppl can't understand these simple ****
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Did I miss something? I don't see posts from TR's about rogues. Really looks more like a disguised gripe about rogues to me.

I disguised it? Weird...I wasn't trying to. I thought it was totally obvious.

And why do people keep referring to GF's as tank's? They clearly are not in either mode. They can't 'tank' anything.

They do have innately higher defences but in PVE the shield pops in about 2 seconds.
    In PVP in a 2 vs 1 the shield pops in about 1.5 seconds. After that they are like a turtle out of its shell.
    In fact every other class except the cleric has a better defensive ability than the GF.
    Ive taken single hits from TR's that cut through my entire shield and 70% of my 30 thousand hp. A single hit... as in ein, uno, one.

And no GF's are not remotely OP... They are probably in the best spot to balance the other classes against
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

You owe a lot of that mentality to Blizzard Entertainment and the way they handled World of Warcraft Balance. Pretty much every class has the ability to pump out serious damage as well as some form of healing. That was something introduced by Blizzard, thanks in part to all the gripes players had when dealing with the opposite classes.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    chrono0812chrono0812 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 501 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Just for the record I don't find any of the classes in this game to be O.p. I find that if played right any one can beat another player. Lets also not forget that you do have teammates to help back you up, as does the apposing team. I rather enjoy the player vs player in this game over the way it works in World of Warcraft. It is a much faster pace of combat and I enjoy that over the Homogenization we have going on in World of Warcraft.
    Death_knight.jpg

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
    ~Sholom Aleichem
  • Options
    warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well if GFs get nerfed because people are crying about pvp then that will be....like every other mmo that was nerfed into the ground due to pvp. Bring it, I guess. Who cares about pvp?
  • Options
    kgrizzle22kgrizzle22 Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How long does this probation period last where I can't make new threads? This is dumb
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    A tank class with over 40%+ damage mitigation and 30k+ HP in offensive gear that can block all incoming damage AND able to keep players knocked back and knocked down with an At-Will that allows them to spam charge people, should NOT be able to do this:

http://i.imgur.com/p5cGR2m.jpg
    p5cGR2m.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uih6sWC.jpg
    uih6sWC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/95Cnsql.jpg
    95Cnsql.jpg

Non-crit 1/2-shot:
    http://i.imgur.com/H56eumh.jpg
    H56eumh.jpg

You want more proof? Nearly 12 hours of why GF are OP as f*ck:
    http://www.twitch.tv/svartpepr/b/420747269

That guy isn't even fully geared out with Rank 8 Enchants, Greater / Perfect Soulforged, and/or Greater Tenebrous. He was doing upwards of 18-19k crits. I only took the screenshots of his first hour of owning in PvP...

Guardians have ALWAYS been OP. This guy figured that out since the game launched 2 months ago. It's just that only now, the masses have finally figured this out too and have rerolled to GF because they're the flavor of the month.

GFs have 2 OP and broken armor sets (Stalwart Bulwark and Timeless Hero). They have OP Encounters such as Knight's Challenge. They have an OP At-Will such as Threatening Rush, where they can constantly charge you. When combined with the Conqueror tree and good gear, they are a tank class that can do Rogue damage. Oh, and in PvE, they can do more damage than a fully geared out Rogue and CW if played, geared, and spec'd right.
  • Options
    dantteidanttei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    [QUOTE=
    Guardians have ALWAYS been OP. This guy figured that out since the game launched 2 months ago. It's just that only now, the masses have finally figured this out too and have rerolled to GF because they're the flavor of the month.

GFs have 2 OP and broken armor sets (Stalwart Bulwark and Timeless Hero). They have OP Encounters such as Knight's Challenge. They have an OP At-Will such as Threatening Rush, where they can constantly charge you. When combined with the Conqueror tree and good gear, they are a tank class that can do Rogue damage. Oh, and in PvE, they can do more damage than a fully geared out Rogue and CW if played, geared, and spec'd right.[/QUOTE]

And every time I saw GF's getting buffed in some of the past patches I died a little inside.
  • Options
    cloyncloyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ooooo makes sense, this is why I was forced to make a GF now and abandon (for now) my rogue. GF is OP nough said.
  • Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well I got 1 shot by a rouge tonite. 36k lashing blade on my 47.7% mitigation. that's mega nub there. Tanks need 50k life buff GF's health pool so they can tank.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh, and in PvE, they can do more damage than a fully geared out Rogue and CW if played, geared, and spec'd right.
    Yes I've seen many GF fully geared who can out damage rogues in PvE because of a very high power and OP set with bunch of tenebrous to their gears. And whenever they attack enemies they dont have to dodge or anything so they only have to raise their shield and continue attacking which gives them advantage to deal more damage than rogues. most of the GF have 44% resist with high HP YET they deal decent damage with stunlocks.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well I got 1 shot by a rouge tonite. 36k lashing blade on my 47.7% mitigation. that's mega nub there. Tanks need 50k life buff GF's health pool so they can tank.
    Lol I've played with these guy in PvP earlier and he had around 16-18 kills with 1 death these guy is a GF. Sir that lashing blade with 36k. That rogue probably had 1st strike passive with high vorpal enchantment/tenebrous with the lurker's assault(daily) on. You wouldn't take that big damage if you were aware of the rogue coming to you. So better use ur shield when u hear the sound of stealth. Also Rogue deserves to win in 1v1 if he was the 1st one to strike you unaware. It would be stupid and unbalanced if he succeeded on sneaking to you then backstab, but then failed to kill you because of ur OP encounters or stunlocks.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    Lol I've played with these guy in PvP earlier and he had around 16-18 kills with 1 death these guy is a GF. Sir that lashing blade with 36k. That rogue probably had 1st strike passive with high vorpal enchantment/tenebrous with the lurker's assault(daily) on. You wouldn't take that big damage if you were aware of the rogue coming to you. So better use ur shield when u hear the sound of stealth. Also Rogue deserves to win in 1v1 if he was the 1st one to strike you unaware. It would be stupid and unbalanced if he succeeded on sneaking to you then backstab, but then failed to kill you because of ur OP encounters or stunlocks.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if he had tons of debuffs.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    furion192 wrote: »

I had my shield up. There was no Tene it was pure dmg. checked the combat log. Side note Tene needs to be 1 per character as well fix that too. to much dmg. more nerfs needed.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    GWF can stunlock the same as a GF. CW can kill you right as your feet touch the ground. TR's can 1 shot kill from stealth. DC DPS can burst as fast as a CW.

All classes have the potential to take out the other. There's not a high skillcap in abilities...we only have 3 encounters(4 if cw) + 2 at-will fillers and a daily, so there's a higher emphasis on teamwork and positioning.

Good TR's know when to run back to the team, hide, and come back for more, slowly working down that HP bar. 99% of the TR's I've run across will open from stealth, and then start default attacking a GF to his face waiting for his encounters to come up. This will not work obviously, unless you want to earn some free air miles.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if he had tons of debuffs.

No Debuff 1v1 beginning of match. I blocked his throwing daggers. Then he 1 shot me. The end. I left. So I could get some pvp in.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GFs are fine , you people are just crying cuz you got owned by someone that knows what to do instead of facerolling over the keyboard .
  • Options
    ruboilonmycoccyxruboilonmycoccyx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Too many ppl play rogues. Try gf vs rogue lol. Its all about skill i believe.
    NW-DB7O8ELQM- Excalibur in Search of Pendragon

NW-DNZTNE2SA -A Hell Under the City

NW-DOG5LREQJ-Necro Master's Last Breath
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No Debuff 1v1 beginning of match. I blocked his throwing daggers. Then he 1 shot me. The end. I left. So I could get some pvp in.

Ah, then lurkers assault(+20% Damage) + tons of ArP(22% sweetspot) + Greater Vorpal+(38 crit) + Overrun Crit Feat(+30 crit sev after crit) + Underhanded Tactics(+20 combat adv) + scoundrel training(+9%) + cunning ambusher(+9%) + first strike(+15%)

Damage: 20+20+9+9+15 = 73%
    Crit Sev:75+38+30 = 143%

For me average damage for lashing strike is ~6K non-crit.

(6000*1.73) + ((6000*1.73) * 1.43) = 25223.4 hypothetical damage + combat advantage and unknown ArP.

Anyways, possible, but improbable. Max i've seen on my 14.5K GF is 25k, but I was hit with some debuffs prior.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Also it's simple. If anyone thinks a class is OP, just roll it yourself. Leveling is really fast, and you'll often find that the journey give you a different perspective on the class altogether.

I'm actually surprised at how balanced this MMO is. Each class has the ability to burst, and punish people for mistakes.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ah, then lurkers assault(+20% Damage) + tons of ArP(22% sweetspot) + Greater Vorpal+(38 crit) + Overrun Crit Feat(+30 crit sev after crit) + Underhanded Tactics(+20 combat adv) + scoundrel training(+9%) + cunning ambusher(+9%) + first strike(+15%)

Damage: 20+20+9+9+15 = 73%
    Crit Sev:75+38+30 = 143%

For me average damage for lashing strike is ~6K non-crit.

(6000*1.73) + ((6000*1.73) * 1.43) = 25223.4 hypothetical damage + combat advantage and unknown ArP.

Anyways, possible, but improbable. Max i've seen on my 14.5K GF is 25k, but I was hit with some debuffs prior.

When the Lurker's assault is rank 3 it increases ur damage by 60% With tons of damage buffs of TR with stealth its possible to reach 36k or more. Remember there are more paragon paths to come these paragon path we could only choose in TR concentrates on Damage.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So basically it's a GF that had his winning streak cut down by a TR, so TR's are OP.

Kids these days...
  • Options
    sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    Another person that have never played a rogue in his life explaining in such a lol and unrealistic way how it works...
  • Options
    sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    I mean when i read this "A competent rogue can daze the entire enemy team... Even an UNSKILLED rogue can kill any other class without getting scratched. Rogue vs rogue whoever dazes first wins..." should I try to come with a serious answer?
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    I stopped reading at 15 K, you're using timeless.