test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rogues tearing up about GF's in pvp

Comments

• Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited June 2013
    Rogues are not at all dangerous to me when I''m playing my GF. Wizards are only dangerous when my Block bugs out at the wrong time or I get the weird bug where my character is running backwards and won't turn around.
    It's GWF I have to be careful around in PvP now. Before, my GF was stupid invincible. Now, between the GWF buff and the GF shield bug, things can get hairy.
  • Options
    hann1bal13hann1bal13 Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    A rogue with smoke cloud and ITC will have 1 damaging encounter ability, if that. Perhaps you should stop whining because the rogues that are really ruining your day are running like me with 3 damaging encounters. We are paper tigers. If you have faster reflexes, we go down VERY fast. PS: I don't do the perma-stealth ranged attack nonsense because I know how to counter it. Learn to do the same.
  • Options
    silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i suck as GF in pvp however i can tell that i am tanke i've killed some players in 1x1 and usually if they are alone vs me they cannot kill me XD however when i am in domination they usually go 3 vs me XD lol so barely last some seconds between the CW and the TR but i do not have equip still mising weapong DPS enchant and armor soul enchant maybe i will survive more when i got them for now i just play pvpv for the daily Xd
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm a GF and PvP is honestly not fair. I literally one shot people with my combo. 10-15k non crits, 20-25k crits. I don't even have tenebrous enchants rofl.
  • Options
    cwylloggiacwylloggia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Scissors are fine but nerf paper; signed stone.
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm a DC and I can oneshot two people at once! Please nerf me some more because I'm sooo overpowered.
  • Options
    therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    When the Lurker's assault is rank 3 it increases ur damage by 60% With tons of damage buffs of TR with stealth its possible to reach 36k or more. Remember there are more paragon paths to come these paragon path we could only choose in TR concentrates on Damage.

Ah yes, you're absolutely right. Either way, it seems like the other guy either had insane armor penetration to go past his mitigation, or was hit with debuffs prior to the 1v1.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    namenotpickedyetnamenotpickedyet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    one hit goin through your shield and 70% of your 30k hp is a flat out lie gf shield can block a tr daily power flat out even when se discription says it ignores defences
  • Options
    runescapesucksrunescapesucks Member Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    shamurai7 wrote: »
    My wife is the worst gamer ever and she spanks people in pvp with her rogue. Did I mention shes the worst gamer ever?

Da phuuuk?
    How can "the worst gamer ever" spank people in PVP. If your wife can spank people in PVP then she's not "the worst gamer ever".
    A worst gamer ever is someone who can't even get 1 kill.
    Capish?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Da phuuuk?
    How can "the worst gamer ever" spank people in PVP. If your wife can spank people in PVP then she's not "the worst gamer ever".
    A worst gamer ever is someone who can't even get 1 kill.
    Capish?

My wife does the same on her rogue also. I think it's the fact that their default attack does so much damage, and they can use it from stealth. I taught her, stealth, right click, left click, then cycle through your abilities at the bottom in a row.

That being said, I think TR has a very high skillcap, it's just it's skill -> reward output at lower skill levels is high.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    lol another <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> crying on the forums
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    My wife does the same on her rogue also. I think it's the fact that their default attack does so much damage, and they can use it from stealth. I taught her, stealth, right click, left click, then cycle through your abilities at the bottom in a row.

That being said, I think TR has a very high skillcap, it's just it's skill -> reward output at lower skill levels is high.

Loool, to say something in this game has a high skillcap this must be your first game ever.
  • Options
    gausvikgausvik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The game is based on the DnD (Forgotten Realms) game, which was never designed for pvp anyway. It was designed for a team of adventurers with a variety of talents. A fighter should be best at fighting (pvp) because that is what it was built for, whereas the other classes were intended to play supporting roles in combat and have other skills to make them more valuable in noncombat situations. The devs should focus on incorporating more of these noncombat situations where the fighter builds are practically useless and the other classes can shine the way they were meant to.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gausvik wrote: »
    The game is based on the DnD (Forgotten Realms) game, which was never designed for pvp anyway. It was designed for a team of adventurers with a variety of talents. A fighter should be best at fighting (pvp) because that is what it was built for, whereas the other classes were intended to play supporting roles in combat and have other skills to make them more valuable in noncombat situations. The devs should focus on incorporating more of these noncombat situations where the fighter builds are practically useless and the other classes can shine the way they were meant to.

Hmmmm and I guess assassin rogues shouldn't be able to kill then huh? In case you didn't notice, this isn't NWN, this isn't table top DnD. It is an MMO. By your assertion, no one would, should, could play anything else in PVP but a fighter then. Other than 4E DnD, the rogue has always been a powerful and viable melee class in DnD.

I will put it this way, the DnD community rejected 4E SO much, WoTC is already working on 5E. The ONLY reason I am playing this game is because it had the DnD and FR tag on it. Had I known how much <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> this game is I would never have played it. Only reason I am still playing it currently is my friends. Heck even Perfect World's customer service is absolute <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I am still dealing with them over 2 weeks on a double charge they did to my account. How is that, they double charge you and then tell you they cant look at their own transaction sytem and contact paypal to has this out. They blow you off completely until you contact paypal and get the information they need. Never mind they screwed up and its their fault.
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gausvik wrote: »

This is an MMO, not an online representation of the Pen and Paper games. It will follow the basic MMO template, such as having PvP. And I think your DnD knowledge is a bit off. Fighters in fourth edition are defenders, while Rogues are strikers. And noncombat situations do not exist in PvP, so this is irrelevant.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can't speak about pvp but some people are saying GF is op in pve. That is definitely ridiculous. They are incredibly well balanced in pve.
  • Options
    farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    warflux wrote: »
    I can't speak about pvp but some people are saying GF is op in pve. That is definitely ridiculous. They are incredibly well balanced in pve.

o.O lol ... gf on my perma pt ALWAYS has the top dps and we are all well geared..the more adds we get together the more overal dmg he does .. its a tank not a dps class u guys need more hate control more def and less dmg .. a tr and a gwf shod always beat a gf dmg if played well ( not counting cw in the mix because if hes racing for top dmg he aint doing his job (gf shod do around the same amount of dmg ) ( this in a well geared and good pt )

ps: if u consider them well balanced then perhaps there's also another solution buff all of the other classes
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    Loool, to say something in this game has a high skillcap this must be your first game ever.

I've been playing MMO's since muds/zork, but that's for that quick judging comment.

True, there's not as high a skillcap as say SC2(I'm in masters league) which I think is the zenith of skillcaps, but there is a huge emphasis in this game on team play and positioning/map awareness due to the low TTK. I think the TR personifies this through it's ability to burst, and also die on a whim.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well im a GF and most TR are easy to kill. Why? They are Greedy! They try to use dazing strike as the opener. This way they must be very close to me so im able to knock them down by using bull charge (turning around and using bull charge if TR hitpoint bar is visible). Then they are dead - normally. Bull Charge, Lunging, Frontline and at least on the next lunging they are dead.

Good TRs are using Smokebomb as an opener vs GF. The GF is not able to start blocking after hit by a smokebomb, so he must block all the time, he is slow. Smokebomb, running around him, its nearly impossible to focus an invisible TR in smoke. Hitting with dazing strike and then its nearly over. My GF (12500GS, 40% damage reduction) is getting something around 20k-25k damage by a single encounter of the TR. Well i got 27k Life ...

Most TRs are unskilled guys who are just able to cry in forums.

Btw: TRs which are using many defense encounters are nearly impossible to catch (:P) but their damage is low. Im afraid of smoke bomb and 2 encounters with very high damage. Nothing else. If they are running away without killing anything, they doesnt matter at all.
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    nachofootnachofoot Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    masu84 wrote: »
    Well im a GF and most TR are easy to kill. Why? They are Greedy! They try to use dazing strike as the opener. This way they must be very close to me so im able to knock them down by using bull charge (turning around and using bull charge if TR hitpoint bar is visible). Then they are dead - normally. Bull Charge, Lunging, Frontline and at least on the next lunging they are dead.

Good TRs are using Smokebomb as an opener vs GF. The GF is not able to start blocking after hit by a smokebomb, so he must block all the time, he is slow. Smokebomb, running around him, its nearly impossible to focus an invisible TR in smoke. Hitting with dazing strike and then its nearly over. My GF (12500GS, 40% damage reduction) is getting something around 20k-25k damage by a single encounter of the TR. Well i got 27k Life ...

Btw: TRs which are using many defense encounters are nearly impossible to catch (:P) but their damage is low. Im afraid of smoke bomb and 2 encounters with very high damage. Nothing else. If they are running away without killing anything, they doesnt matter at all.

Right. And if they nerf GFs, you won't see a single one in queues anymore. Good luck with PvE content as no one will play a meatshield that's worth <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Meanwhile, TRs become the next FOTM and PvE maps will be full of them...not getting a single thing done.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I'm a DC and I can't ten shot anyone once! Please nerf me some more because I'm sooo overpowered.
    Fixed.

I have DC and the class is worthless in PVP.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    silence1k1llsilence1k1ll Member Posts: 148 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Until the rogue is re-balanced I just rolled a CW... it's the flavor of the week at the moment. Non-Stop face rolling in PvP from afaaaaar!

( Seriously the CW is broke, it's awesome, I don't even have to try anymore. )
    I ENJOY PLAYING NWO
  • Options
    vortix44vortix44 Member Posts: 680 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    All u have to do is use block and just turn your character where u think the daggers are coming from and when the rogue is near u.

And the ranged, stealthed rogue kills you, it's just a matter of time. Block just delays your impending death.
    English is not my first language.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

With my TR I have no problems taking out GF's with my TR with my stealth + catch me + lash + smokebomb + run and refill stealth combo. Agree though, most people like to just stand there and auto-attack a GF, which is just asking for a ticket to the camp.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    With my TR I have no problems taking out GF's with my TR with my stealth + catch me + lash + smokebomb + run and refill stealth combo. Agree though, most people like to just stand there and auto-attack a GF, which is just asking for a ticket to the camp.

Good Players > Bad Players.

Last night I faced (2) real player TRs (Not bots) in a 1v2 on a point I was capping.

I'm a GF - Knight Cap 4/4 Set + Level 5 Radiant Enchants 6.5k Power + Lesser Plague Fire + Lesser Soul Enchant. Nothing special.

I outplay both TR's in a 1v2 situation when they should have easily killed me and all because they both decided to melee fight vs. range daggers.

Going melee vs. a GF is just stupid and will get you killed and in their case both killed.
  • Options
    sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    I have 2 lvl 60 rogue..I have tried a lot several builds...and with no gear (just the pvp gear) I generally end up first or second in score...So I supposed I should know something....Yet every time I read people list of skill and combo that are supposed to rock they seems to me just <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... Could be that with better gear they work?...

Look at the last one posted: "...stealth + catch me + lash + smokebomb + run and refill stealth combo"... are u serious?
    You kill GF or come on top of the board with this kind of combo?...and the run and refill stealth combo wtf it's supposed to be?
  • Options
    rannox1rannox1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait... u lose to TR's in 1v1s? How? I rarely lose 2v1 on my GF, hell I even win most 3v1's.

Basically as a heavily geared GF, if there is less than 4 trying to kill you, and none of them are cw's, you win.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    last matches were frustrating, i met a special TR 2 times... my GF (GS 13000....) died allways to that TR in 1on1. i had no chance. Insane damage by flying daggers, impossible to catch, smokebomb, dazing strike. i was stunned all the time or he was immune to everything or invisible and used his ranged attack. He did defend a node vs 3 players (all around GS10k+!) but nobody was able to place any control effects on him, while he was prepairing his onehits (dazing strike, daily) by using his ranged attacks.

After playing vs that player i must say: TR is extremly strong. A CW may be godlike in 1on1 (except vs TR), but a TR is just awesome in being untouchable, invisible and dazing a whole team.

And here is the reason:
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    ..... by flying daggers, impossible to catch, smokebomb, dazing strike. ...He did defend a node vs 3 players (all around GS10k+!) .....

Here another ...BHUHAHAHAHAHAHA....smoke bomb does not damage neither ITC...You are just saying he killed 3 people throwing dagger (are 12 in total than you have to wait a lot) and with dazing strike...come on man...

WTF folks your are posting legends...

Yes TR it's good...yes he can kill 2-3 people (and also the other class can if played well) but don't post non sense about combo and encounter because it become ridicoulos...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    sinbius wrote: »
    Here another ...BHUHAHAHAHAHAHA....smoke bomb does not damage neither ITC...You are just saying he killed 3 people throwing dagger (are 12 in total than you have to wait a lot) and with dazing strike...come on man...

WTF folks your are posting legends...

Smokebomb=dazing everyone who is trying to get him
    impossible to catch=immune to CC effects, damage reduction. used between stealth and smokebomb
    dazing strike=dazing/killing main target

1k damage by his flying daggers (non crit!) ... well not a legend... reality!

My CW buddies died very fast and he did need something around 3-4 skill rotations to kill me.

And here is the reason: