What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Most "Overpowered" class in PvP?

Comments

• Options
    fallenjedi29fallenjedi29 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Why did Cryptic give them a DPS feat tree if DPS was not an option?

Maybe the question should be rather, does the CW have a healing tree you can spec into?
  • Options
    druidofdisasterdruidofdisaster Member Posts: 60
    edited June 2013
    The use bots and alternate accounts to generate a vast fortune and raise your GS score to maximum so you can lord over the game class is the best. Meanwhile, nobody on the game's staff notices one account posting multiple 99 stacks of enchants because bots aren't obvious enough.
    I'm not saying it was humans, but it was humans.
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Why do clerics have a DPS feat tree if DPS is not an option for them?

that's the only tree I haven't played, it looks too problematic to want to test it
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    esteena wrote: »
    Clerics arent supposed to destroy anyone, they are a support characters with low dmg and 1 CC ability.

They arent supposed to "kill" they are supposed to "support" the team's damage dealers.

If you don't like how cleric works , then a healer class is certainly not the right class for you.

clerics in D&D have always been a decent combat class, they wear plate armor and use shields and have combat and defense buffs that make them tough in combat, they also completely destroy and own the undead and even raise them up to fight upon their side (if you haven't noticed much of what we go against in PvE are undead to which the clerics should outright PWN. They also don't fear poison, disease, and all types of other effects that other fighters have to contend with. If you don't know how clerics work you shouldn't be telling others they don't.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    clerics in D&D have always been a decent combat class, they wear plate armor and use shields and have combat and defense buffs that make them tough in combat, they also completely destroy and own the undead and even raise them up to fight upon their side (if you haven't noticed much of what we go against in PvE are undead to which the clerics should outright PWN. They also don't fear poison, disease, and all types of other effects that other fighters have to contend with. If you don't know how clerics work you shouldn't be telling others they don't.

Well i was discussing what a DC should do in PvP and you went all in with the DnD DC's PvE tactics. So it is you who should read before unleashing dem hands on dem keyboard.

PS. Their astral shield buff gives them a decent defense.
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    selaral wrote: »
    I went with GFs. I wanted to do GWF's (sent spec) since they are just as good at defending nodes. I am all with Pinkfont. It doesn't matter 1vs1. It is being able to hold your node and making sure you keep it or or continue to keep it contested until help arrives. Being able to survive as long as possible while making sure you stand on a node is a huge help when winning a game.

Not much fun being the CW then
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    CWs / DCs whines that Rogues are OP.

Rogues whine that GFs and GWFs are OP.

GFs and GWFs hates CWs CC.

That's how things are balanced. Some classes are built to destroy other classes.

Sorry dude. GWF just laugh at CW. GF just sit on nodes and block and stunlock CW.
  • Options
    momotheboredmomothebored Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    hi just curious

how did you get 4 slots without spending any money?

I have 2 available character slots and further slots need zen to unlock
    The Greater Tenebrous class. It's insanely OP.

Otherwise, play your class well. I have 3 (almost 4) level 60's with pretty moderate gear scores because I haven't dropped any cash on the game. I still clean up well in PVP. Learn to play your class with skill, and play as a team. You'll be fine.
  • Options
    apextaoapextao Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013
    PS. Their astral shield buff gives them a decent defense.

I feel clerics are too much about the Astral Shield. Too much of a defining factor. And even then they can be 2 shot while standing in it, unless they are running some full tank build.
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clerics arent supposed to destroy anyone, they are a support characters with low dmg and 1 CC ability.

They arent supposed to "kill" they are supposed to "support" the team's damage dealers.

If you don't like how cleric works , then a healer class is certainly not the right class for you.

Yeah it would be ok if we could actually heal anyone a decent amount before were burned down in and endless circle of being dazed frozen etc etc Cleric is the worst to play in PvP its boring annoying and no fun at all.

Can't heal enough, can't damage enough to make any difference what exactly is our role in PvP as none of them work healing is subpar with the rubbish heal over times our healing debuff means we can't keep ourselves alive long enough to do anything, no resilience to CC effects pointless playing PvP as a cleric.
  • Options
    esteenaesteena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    Yeah it would be ok if we could actually heal anyone a decent amount before were burned down in and endless circle of being dazed frozen etc etc Cleric is the worst to play in PvP its boring annoying and no fun at all.

Can't heal enough, can't damage enough to make any difference what exactly is our role in PvP as none of them work healing is subpar with the rubbish heal over times our healing debuff means we can't keep ourselves alive long enough to do anything, no resilience to CC effects pointless playing PvP as a cleric.

It takes 3 DPS to kill my Guild leader and he is a cleric. Something must be wrong with you then.

Also Using your shift button will really help you out instead of standing in the middle expecting to tank the world.

And yes you do have a CC ability...

However, i think it is unfair that DC doesn't benefit from the healing effect in the healing circle.
  • Options
    toolac1toolac1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In all honesty I think it's impossible to balance PVP and PVE effectively. In this game there seems to be a procession of OP classes, patch to patch. Right now GWF and GF are top of the list, before it was CW and TR. Wonder who gets to go next.
    "There is no cow level"
  • Options
    sanctumlolsanctumlol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 382 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It takes 3 DPS to kill my Guild leader and he is a cleric. Something must be wrong with you then.

Also Using your shift button will really help you out instead of standing in the middle expecting to tank the world.

And yes you do have a CC ability...

However, i think it is unfair that DC doesn't benefit from the healing effect in the healing circle.

Knock them out of Astral -> one shot.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maceruk wrote: »

Try a different build bud. I can heal myself from 1 bubble of health to full in about 2 seconds. >NOT, standing in AS. My cleric heals for a ridiculous amount, and dps is just fine. There are plenty of very good build ideas out there, Cyclops and I use a very similar build, I suggest you check it out.
  • Options
    tapp3rtapp3r Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    STOP THE PRESSES GUYS!

We have 2 guys here who claims that after achieving the best gear possible in the game, with the perfect build, and with a premade team of good players, and obviously experience from playing all the way since the first day of the beta - YOU CAN SURVIVE FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS LONGER THAN THE AVERAGE CLERIC! WHAT!? And you can survive players with much lower GS!? Well this proves it, Clerics are overpowered and we average "Clerics should learn to play" (e.g. farming AD/buying ZEN and getting the best possible gear, also always go with premade groups). Oh yeah, and you might, UNLIKE ANY OTHER CLASS, have to respec to a PvP build. While everyone else can efficiently run with their PvE gear/build.

FYI, no one is impressed by your bragging about doing alright as a Cleric. Do instead realize that the class needs some work done by Cryptic, and that our "whining", as you immaturely call it, is THE ONLY WAY to make some change. Your crusade on proving how DC's can be an alright class if you totally geek out isn't going to help us improve the class and making the game more fun for us Clerics, quite the opposite.

Again, for the ignorant, protesting/complaining is how you change things you can not control. It's not "whining". It's all about enlightening the devs.
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Oh well... PPL will always say TR is OP simply because they get the most kill in PvP is that why? Or because they deal so much damage? Well if you guys r still asking about another nerf to TR's Damage then u must be saying that there should be no MAIN DPS CLASS.
    PvP is not all about Killing its the score that matters GWF can now carry its entire team through holding the top tower because after the patch they're completely unstopabble in 1v1 therefore u nid backup thus sacrifices the defense of ur middle or first tower these is the reason I voted for GWF. And GF can hold his shield long enough and wait for backup but most of them can deal with 1v1 too cos of their Strong resist and decent damage with stuns so these the best class to hold a tower but in my opinion they're a little bit OP because a tank with a shield that can protect themselves from almost any attack with a high resist and deflect must not deal high damage.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    iamthepiemaniamthepieman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I can heal myself from 1 bubble of health to full in about 2 seconds.

I know you're involved in an argument with maceruk about clerics effectiveness and it's easy to get carried away and exaggerate a bit here on the forums but I just had to call you out on this. There is no way you can do this. Unless I see a combat log, I simply can't believe it.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sanctumlol wrote: »
    Knock them out of Astral -> one shot.

Without the blue Astral Shield I can absolutely verify that you can be 1 shotted, it's happened to me a couple times. GFs tend to pound me into the ground far more than any other class due to massive stuns and knock back abilities regardless of what I try to do. One geared GF can easily 1v1 kill me regardless of which circle or tactic I try and use.

If you use Soulforged enchant you can buy yourself enough time to recovery but without it you are toast...
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I know you're involved in an argument with maceruk about clerics effectiveness and it's easy to get carried away and exaggerate a bit here on the forums but I just had to call you out on this. There is no way you can do this. Unless I see a combat log, I simply can't believe it.

With best in slot gear, full enchanted power (Radiant), Soulforged, Vorpal, etc its possible to blow Hallowed Ground, Bastion of Health, Astral Shield with Linked Spirit to get you back to near full health. This isn't so much an exaggeration as using optimal gear, feats, spells, abilities, etc for a one time burst heal opportunity.

There isn't much to say that who ever is beating you into the ground can't repeat the onslaught and have you back to near death 2-3 seconds after that because you can do NOTHING offensive to respond in any meaningful way.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    apextaoapextao Member Posts: 43
    edited June 2013

Anyone can do this with Zen shop. Just use a stone of health duh!

Just kidding..But it's the sad truth in PvE.
  • Options
    coglovercoglover Member Posts: 97
    edited June 2013
    The GWF since they are unkillable, if you have less than 5 minutes on 1v1 against any class and do MAJOR dmg with tenebrous because of major hp pool not too keen to go into more details, however its true
  • Options
    psion6psion6 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its as simple as this. If Im rolling a new PvP toon today and there are going to be no changes, its Rogue = Smoke Bomb + Stealth + Daggers yawn.

In the past week since every Rogue came out of hiding for this cookie cutter FOTM build, many times Ive seen PvP team wins relegated to how many Rogues are on each team. If its 2 that are spamming smoke bomb, daggers, and stealth, 1 strike roll + roll + stealth its usually game over.

I can outplay both Rogues on the enemy team and have 5-8 less kills. Pretty redick ATM.
  • Options
    bestcarrynabestcarryna Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    psion6 wrote: »
    Its as simple as this. If Im rolling a new PvP toon today and there are going to be no changes, its Rogue = Smoke Bomb + Stealth + Daggers yawn.

In the past week since every Rogue came out of hiding for this cookie cutter FOTM build, many times Ive seen PvP team wins relegated to how many Rogues are on each team. If its 2 that are spamming smoke bomb, daggers, and stealth, 1 strike roll + roll + stealth its usually game over.

I can outplay both Rogues on the enemy team and have 5-8 less kills. Pretty redick ATM.

oh really? go for it no one's stopping you just don't regret it when you get destroyed by using ****ty tactics
    Kaenerys - Mindflayer - TR
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    psion6 wrote: »

I played in PvP and one of my team mates stated at the start that the other team has two rogues and will therefore auto win, nobody left the match and there was heavy fighting, our side demolished theirs in both kills and points.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    With best in slot gear, full enchanted power (Radiant), Soulforged, Vorpal, etc its possible to blow Hallowed Ground, Bastion of Health, Astral Shield with Linked Spirit to get you back to near full health. This isn't so much an exaggeration as using optimal gear, feats, spells, abilities, etc for a one time burst heal opportunity.

There isn't much to say that who ever is beating you into the ground can't repeat the onslaught and have you back to near death 2-3 seconds after that because you can do NOTHING offensive to respond in any meaningful way.

also, if you aren't offensive in PvP as a cleric you can forget about team support, they will abandon you even when its 3 of your team against one of theirs
  • Options
    damianessdamianess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 283 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    oh really? go for it no one's stopping you just don't regret it when you get destroyed by using ****ty tactics

He's probably a sentinel GWF who doesn't want his build to get nerfed to the ground.
  • Options
    nukeyoonukeyoo Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I played in PvP and one of my team mates stated at the start that the centrifugal force of the current position of Jupiter's moon Megaclite is pulling in the direction of the opposing teams spawn point and therefore auto win, nobody left the match or spawn for fear of angering the Gods of Jupiter's moon Megaclite and there was no fighting, our side was demolished by theirs in points.

nerf jupiter's moon megaclite :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    nukeyoo wrote: »
    I played in PvP and one of my team mates stated at the start that the centrifugal force of the current position of Jupiter's moon Megaclite is pulling in the direction of the opposing teams spawn point and therefore auto win, nobody left the match or spawn for fear of angering the Gods of Jupiter's moon Megaclite and there was no fighting, our side was demolished by theirs in points.

nerf jupiter's moon megaclite :rolleyes:

lol, that's funny
  • Options
    masu84masu84 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    funny votes are showing how many low skilled players are around here.

At same (highend) equipment:

CW is able to keep a gf far away from him. The gf has no chance to get in range. lunging strike will be dodged easily.

TR is able to kill a gf easily by using smokebomb, dazing strike and impossible to catch. The gf has no chance to stun the TR. even if the gf is blocking perfectly, the tr will kill him its only a matter of time.

Cleric ... well a good cleric is able to stay alive for a very long time. killing a gf is nearly impossible for a cleric, but the gf needs to much time.

GWF is able to heal himself fastly, the gf is not able to deal enough damage to compensate the self heal of GWF. The stunlock of the gwf is just awesome. Normaly the gwf is breaking any guard while beeing unstoppable. The gf's last and only chance is to knock the gwf down and hopefully 2 of 3 encounter hits critical!

Well 2 of 4 classes are able to win every 1on1 vs gf easily. GWF is winning most times. Only the cleric isnt able to kill a gf.

59 people voted for gf ... two possible ways to explain this: 59 clerics voted gf instead of TR or no0bs are dominating this vote.

Well, im not a no0b at all, i kill most CWs, TRs and GWFs easily. But some CWs and some TRs are demonstrating the power of these classes in a very extreme way.

Summary:

-Clerics needs to be buffed

-CW cooldowns have to be increased so that GFs even have a small chance to get in range. By increasing cooldowns, the damage/effect could be buffed so that there will be small timing windows for a GF but the CW should not be nerfed at all.

-GWF is looking quite fair, unstoppable is very hard and should be nerfed slightly(!!!)

- TR smokebomb should get a small casting time, CD of impossible to catch should be increased heavily. damage of the ranged at will should be reduced slightly.

-GF: range of threatening rush should be increased slightly. Bugs while charging (stopping after half of the distance and bouncing back to the starting point) should be removed.
    No leaver penality in PvP!

And here is the reason:
    ghostravyn wrote: »
    If you want people to stay for the match end even when you're sitting on a 600-10 score and you've decided to be ***-hats and spawn-camp, you need to give them a reason. Punishing them is not the answer. That's just pouring salt-acid into an already bleeding wound.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tapp3r wrote: »
    STOP THE PRESSES GUYS!

We have 2 guys here who claims that after achieving the best gear possible in the game, with the perfect build, and with a premade team of good players, and obviously experience from playing all the way since the first day of the beta - YOU CAN SURVIVE FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS LONGER THAN THE AVERAGE CLERIC! WHAT!? And you can survive players with much lower GS!? Well this proves it, Clerics are overpowered and we average "Clerics should learn to play" (e.g. farming AD/buying ZEN and getting the best possible gear, also always go with premade groups). Oh yeah, and you might, UNLIKE ANY OTHER CLASS, have to respec to a PvP build. While everyone else can efficiently run with their PvE gear/build.

FYI, no one is impressed by your bragging about doing alright as a Cleric. Do instead realize that the class needs some work done by Cryptic, and that our "whining", as you immaturely call it, is THE ONLY WAY to make some change. Your crusade on proving how DC's can be an alright class if you totally geek out isn't going to help us improve the class and making the game more fun for us Clerics, quite the opposite.

Again, for the ignorant, protesting/complaining is how you change things you can not control. It's not "whining". It's all about enlightening the devs.

lol@ this. I didn't realize this silly thread was still going on. =)

I use lesser weapon/armor enchants, have 2 rank 6 enchants, and the rest are rank 5. I absolutely can heal myself from 1 bub to full in a mere 2 seconds, I'll gladly post logs, and videos when I get done with the job I'm doing.

Clerics are amazing in PvP and PvE, if you are getting destroyed. Stop playing a cleric, go make a rogue and think you can destroy everyone like the majority of the people in this forum, while I /yawn @your silly perma-stealth build and watch you run away when your realize you ****ed up thinking you can destroy every cleric.

Yup, pics/vids or it didn't happen, yah, I get it. There on the way.

I wonder what kinda silly "whiny" **** excuse, trolls like you are going to say when everything I've said is proven? =)

Barabus The Gray
    Mindflayer

P.S. I never play in a premade, nor do I have even remotely the best gear in the game, nor did I say I had the best build. You should read more, then you wont sound so ignorant when you post this lame <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.