test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Complete a task with at least a 100% speed bonus"?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    johneco1 wrote: »
    Thank you guys for taking the time to explain this. I get it now. If I plan on only working within leadership, I will have to buy at least 2 heroes. Also now I understand that I will never be able to get my white guys to any other color but white. Thanks.

That's true only if you're strictly staying within Leadership out of principle.

However, from a practical perspective, the Mass Production jobs in crafting professions are level 1. Even if you only want to level Leadership up high, you can still do a level 1 job in another profession, right? It doesn't require any additional leveling. And getting 4 blue workers for that will cost you less than a single Hero... let alone two. And, once you're done with the blue workers, you can sell them again to get most of that AD back. Be sure to mail them to your alts first, to unlock the extra profession slot for them too.

Unless you plan on keeping the Heroes and continuing to use them, of course. Then you might as well go straight for them. :)
  • Options
    inkiesquidinkiesquid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Also, consider that 100% speed increase is NOT the same as will complete in 100% less time. if it complete's in 100% less time then it would be an instant finish to the task and would break the levelling system.

Think of it as walking a lap of a field: it might take you 30 mins to walk that lap.
    you could jog 100% faster than you could walk, so you get around the field in half the time ( complete 2 laps in the same 30 mins time limit, so 1 lap is 15 mins)
    or, you could run 200% faster than you could walk, completing the lap in just 10 mins (300% speed, 3 times further in the same time limit, so 3 laps in 30 mind, 1 lap in 10 mins)

notice that
    A) you will NEVER get to a state of 'instant start-finish' if you could do that then congratulations, you just invented time travel,
    and,
    B) the time it takes to finish follows a curve if plotted on a graph, and throwing more and more Hero's in the same task slot will reduce the time taken by less each time. So work out for yourself if getting 3 workers to each complete individual tasks with each getting their own XP bonus is better for you than using just 1 task slot and getting the speed increase.
    In most cases, if you have those spare slots then use them as you'll level up faster.
  • Options
    bradleytbradleyt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    johneco1 wrote: »
    Let me ask about heroes. If I want to get a couple at least, what would be the cheapest method? Buying them off the AH? The zen store? Or opening some type of box that has them? Not sure what box but I think I read that they can be found in a box of some sort.

Here's the gambling method - convert any Z to AD and buy the blue profession packs off the AH. They contain bonus alchemy assets right now so it's worth it IMO. Sell/trade whatever you get for the assets you want. I bought an ultimate game card from walgreens for $20 and it gives a 300Z bonus. That 2300Z then sold on the exchange for about 750K AD. I then used that AD to buy 6 of the blue profession packs. If I had used the zen store I could have bought 1.5 of the same packs (1600Z each).
  • Options
    songofiresongofire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am kind of at a loss for how it happened, but I managed to unlock the 100% speed bonus on one of my alts who only has lvl 10 leadership and lvl 7 tailoring. My assets are: 1x Outfitter (+5%), 2 Guards (+5%), and 3x Weavers. Any idea how this happened, I would like to repeat it with my main, lol. Perhaps a bug?
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    songofire wrote: »
    I am kind of at a loss for how it happened, but I managed to unlock the 100% speed bonus on one of my alts who only has lvl 10 leadership and lvl 7 tailoring. My assets are: 1x Outfitter (+5%), 2 Guards (+5%), and 3x Weavers. Any idea how this happened, I would like to repeat it with my main, lol. Perhaps a bug?
    Most probably you used a bug.
    They changed the "explore local area" from 1h to 2h, and as your merc was most problably exploring the local area when the shard came down when they changed the "explore local area" time you finished after 1h, where it was now 2h. 100% speed bonus ;)

I had this also happen to a few of my toons; all who were exploring!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited July 2013
    What we have done in our guild is, we have borrowed blue guys from each other and done a profession that can be done with 4x25% speed (low lvl mail and plate)
    Even though 4x25% would seem to give you a 100% speed it doesn't, because each of them apply to 25% of the time left. Anyway, doing it like that will open the 100% slot.
    So ask in your guild if anyone have some blue you can borrow (or suggest your guild leader to take donations to buy them for the guild)
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    What a useful thread, thanks for the info- I have been far too lazy to take advantage of professions :)
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    yarrmor wrote: »
    Do they mean you have to press "Finish Now" and cough up some AD? Because it starts imidiately and thus never being able to manage the "100%" part. Or am I missing something here?

Get 4 blue tradeskill guys (+25% each) and do a mass <insert trade> creation quest that has 4 slots and you will have 100% increase to unlock. Leadership is one tradeskill I know doesn't have one but i think most others do.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    derpaderpistderpaderpist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just use one of the mass craft tasks = there you go free slot
    " We live in an age of the cheaply made, disposable, high priced junk. " - theunwarshed
  • Options
    jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited July 2013
    Check the prices first. Normally plate is significantly cheaper than the other armor crafts. I got four plate blues and did the level 1 task for all my characters then gave it to spouse who did the same. Many extra slots for a reasonable cost especially since I could then sell the blues back.
  • Options
    rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    You have to use 4 blue workers or 2 purple in order to get 100% bonus. You only get those by spending AD.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    rlrobr wrote: »
    You have to use 4 blue workers or 2 purple in order to get 100% bonus. You only get those by spending AD.

Not quite true, as I have got a blue worker before from the profession pack reward in Neverwinter Graveyard. But, realistically, yes, you will have to buy them off the AH or buy the 'profession packs' from the ZEN store and hope you get lucky.

Though if you are in a guild, perhaps some nice person woudl be able to loan you the four blue workers.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I bought four blue tailors, did the mass sewing task with everyone, and then re-sold the tailors for a nice profit.

But running some profitable Leadership tasks on your newly opened slots will take care of the small loss of an AH cut even if you're re-selling blue platesmiths (cheapest possible investment) for what you bought them for.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    taltamirtaltamir Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2013
    tfangel wrote: »
    Or the Ah, or the other crafting boxes that come from praying, leadership quests, etc. There are more ways to get them really, all more due to chance though except the auction.

The crafting boxes that come from praying do not award assets, only materials.
    There are no leadership jobs that award green+ assets.
    green+ assets can only acquired via the zen market (asset packs) or the auction house.
    upgrade jobs allow converting 4 greens to a blue, or 4 blue to a purple.
    White quality cannot be upgraded to green+.

For every profession there are 6 asset (assets are people):
    Tier 1 common (white)
    Tier 2 common (white)
    Tier 3 common (white)
    Tier 3 uncommon (green)
    Tier 3 rare (blue)
    Tier 3 very rare (purple)

Higher level jobs require higher tier assets
This discussion has been closed.