test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Complete a task with at least a 100% speed bonus"?

yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
edited July 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Do they mean you have to press "Finish Now" and cough up some AD? Because it starts imidiately and thus never being able to manage the "100%" part. Or am I missing something here?
Post edited by yarrmor on

Comments

• filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, 100% bonus is if you use another asset to finish task faster.
  • yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    So, like a Hammer? Or some kind of booster from the Zen Shop?
  • filcfilc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hammer asset gives you quality, "workers" gives you speed. On some tasks you can use more than one "worker" asset.
  • yarrmoryarrmor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    Ah, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • dramdrumdramdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited May 2013
    practically it is not possible to reach 100% speed bonus unless you use those blue/purple workers you get from the zen shop
    edited May 2013
    At the very end I can "craft" myself a miner with +50% speed. If you make 2 of them and put them on the same project... Doesn't that count as 100%?
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dramdrum wrote: »
    practically it is not possible to reach 100% speed bonus unless you use those blue/purple workers you get from the zen shop

Or the Ah, or the other crafting boxes that come from praying, leadership quests, etc. There are more ways to get them really, all more due to chance though except the auction.
  • elenoe8elenoe8 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yarrmor wrote: »
    At the very end I can "craft" myself a miner with +50% speed. If you make 2 of them and put them on the same project... Doesn't that count as 100%?
    the base idea however is, you can craft blue and purples crafters, but you still need lower ones which still come from ZEN market. You cannot craft them on your own. But you don't need to buy +50% ones as they are expensive. You can buy 16 green ones and remade them into 1 purple one. As more people will posses this ability prices on AH will drop. So patience is a way.

And from prying you get only resources, no assets.
  • johneco1johneco1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can I get some clarification about this? I am new to the game and don't really get it. Are you saying that I can upgrade my own workers? I think right now I can make my own mercenary. Is that the only person I can make? Are the mercenaries the one of which I would need 16 of to start upgrading?
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes as you level up you can upgrade mercs to guard (4 mercs = 1 guard) then guards to something I forget, then adventurers, then heros.

4x merc = 1 guard
    16x = 1 thingicantremember
    64x= 1 adventurer
    256x = 1 hero

18h each, 256=4,608 hours, or 192 days, GLHF! /slitwrist
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ^^ for the guy above "you cant get white's to green, so the only way to get purple worker's is though profession packs, you can upgrade green x4 =1x blue x4= 1x purple

100% is obtained by getting 100% from worker's

Leadership only has 2 slot tasks so you need x2 50% workers (purple)
    the others you can do with a mass craft and it has 4 slot's so 4x 25% workers (blue) when the finish will get you your 100% speed unlock.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • surfaksurfak Member Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    Example: Leadership Craftsmanship

Hire a Mercenary -> he is Rank 1.

Mercenary is able to do Protect the Caravan, Explore Local Area .. among others. He is limited to Rank 1 Assignments.

Train a Guard -> He is Rank 2 which means he can do both Rank 1 and Rank 2 assignments.

This continues to Rank 3 asset.

All of these are Common (White label) Assets.
    You cannot create Uncommon (Green) on your own.

The assets you can craft such as Adventurer ... require you use cash shop to purchase asset profession packs. You'll need 4 Man-at-Arms to craft an Adventurer. You must either buy those Man-at-Arms on the Auction House ... or ... use zone chat (Buyer Bewars of Scams) ... or take your chance at luck of the draw on zen market product asset packs.

You can only craft uncommon (white label) assets in game if you do not buy the green/blue/purple.
    It is entirely possible to get max level 20 without cashing ... I believe a community moderator achieved this though i'm sure as only a small percentage view forums and even less post ... some others most likely have achieved this as well.

Excuse the grammer due to haste and brevity.
  • rockworm59rockworm59 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nevermind.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    johneco1 wrote: »
    Can I get some clarification about this? I am new to the game and don't really get it. Are you saying that I can upgrade my own workers? I think right now I can make my own mercenary. Is that the only person I can make? Are the mercenaries the one of which I would need 16 of to start upgrading?

Scroll down to where you see man-at-arms.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
    edited June 2013
    So much bad advise (is it advise or advice?).
    Clearly wrong information is being presented.

Someone should politely tell the author of the information claiming you can turn whites into different colors is wrong and that they should edit their posts to prevent wrong information going public creating confusion (run on sentence).

Leadership Rank 15 Train an Adventurer: Requires 4 Man-At-Arms.
    From Rank 1-14 Show Me Where You Can Craft a Man-At-Arms.

Thank you.
    I'll wait for a reply showing where you can craft that.
    edited June 2013
    I originally was looking at my profession screen and saw that I can open up a slot by accomplishing a task with 100% speed bonus. I still don't get how to do this. What I gather from what I have read so far is that I should continue to make mercenaries till I have 4. Then it should open the option to make a guard? I'm guessing though that once I make a guard, I loose all of those mercenaries that I had doing the Protect the Caravan task. So I will have to make more mercs so that I can continue. Clear as mud.
    edited June 2013
    accomplishing a task with 100% speed bonus.

Example: Platesmith level 1 "Mass Iron Plate Forging"

1 asset required, 3 optional assets available.

Uncommon (White asset) provides Zero speed bonus under Required slot.

To achieve 100% bonus you need (but not limited to...):
    Grandmaster 50% required
    Master 25% optional
    Master 25% optional

or
    Grandmaster 50% required
    Grandmaster 50% optional

___
    Green = 10% bonus speed
    Blue = 25% bonus speed
    Purple = 50% bonus speed
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yarrmor wrote: »
    Do they mean you have to press "Finish Now" and cough up some AD? Because it starts imidiately and thus never being able to manage the "100%" part. Or am I missing something here?

Its designed like pretty much everything else in the game. techniccally 'doable" for free. In practice, takes so much time that its not worth doing it without cash shop infusions.
  • trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To do that you need the rare drop assets. I have never seen one drop in game. You can get them (randomly) form the lockboxes (which take store bought key to open) or the profession pack (again, store bought item).
  • gek1956gek1956 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cancelled due to a browser glitch
  • kindyrekindyre Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2013
    Ugh people. You don't need purple workers. Only blue workers.

There are level 1 jobs in all gear crafting professions that can take up to 4 workers. Blue workers have +25% speed boost. 4 * 25 = 100.

A picture is worth a thousand words, I suppose:

1oyq.jpg

Voila, 100% speed boost. I use tailors in the image because I happen to have 4, but you can also use leatherworking, mailsmithing or platesmithing. Platesmiths tend to be the cheapest. Currently around 40k AD on Dragon AH.

So if you have about 160k AD, you can buy 4 of them, run the job with them, then sell them back on the AH and get most of your AD back. Costs almost nothing in the end.

If you don't want to run such a long job, you can also use one of the rare jobs that show up sometimes. The first rare boots job shows up at profession level 3 and only takes 15 minutes. Which becomes around 7 minutes with all those blue workers.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »
    yes as you level up you can upgrade mercs to guard (4 mercs = 1 guard) then guards to something I forget, then adventurers, then heros.

4x merc = 1 guard
    64x= 1 adventurer
    256x = 1 hero

This is simply wrong
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    walk2k wrote: »

4x merc = 1 guard
    64x= 1 adventurer
    256x = 1 hero

As others have said, this is just wrong info. Its Footman that comes after Guard. But no connecting mission exists between the white quality assets and the green/blue/purple ones. That said all missions can be completed with a Footman (Rank 3). But to get the speed bonus you will need the higher quality workers.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I've only got one man-at-arms so far, but he came from a box obtained from completing a Leadership mission I think, so they can certainly be obtained outside of trading/buying Zen. The Caturday rollback was also quite lucky for me as reopening the asset pack you receive as a quest reward garnered me a blue tailor (master?) instead of the junk I had previously got from the box.

I should probably try trading him actually as he is permanently idle :p
  • daberchdaberch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone who is leveling Leadship, when will I have the option to get the 100% boost. At what level for leadership? Cause as this is the only line I am currently leveling, it would be good to know. I only have the +25% guys, so any info would help.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    daberch wrote: »
    Anyone who is leveling Leadship, when will I have the option to get the 100% boost. At what level for leadership? Cause as this is the only line I am currently leveling, it would be good to know. I only have the +25% guys, so any info would help.

In leadership (currently level 14) you can use two heroes (which I bought off AH around 200k AD each)
    you need 2 since I don't see any 4 slot jobs for leadership (crafting does have them so you can use x4 blues)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
    edited June 2013
    Thank you guys for taking the time to explain this. I get it now. If I plan on only working within leadership, I will have to buy at least 2 heroes. Also now I understand that I will never be able to get my white guys to any other color but white. Thanks.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thank you guys for taking the time to explain this. I get it now. If I plan on only working within leadership, I will have to buy at least 2 heroes. Also now I understand that I will never be able to get my white guys to any other color but white. Thanks.

Also there is a good trick with Heroes (or any other resources) they are TRADABLE. They DON'T bind to your character. So if you have alts, you can use it once for your main (do the faster mission) and send it to your alts and unlock them also and then send it back to your main.

personally I got a 3rd one because it seem that most mission can do up to 3 (exception is hiring and converting) so 3 heroes help 3 mission go faster ;)
    edited June 2013
    Let me ask about heroes. If I want to get a couple at least, what would be the cheapest method? Buying them off the AH? The zen store? Or opening some type of box that has them? Not sure what box but I think I read that they can be found in a box of some sort.
    edited June 2013
    Let me ask about heroes. If I want to get a couple at least, what would be the cheapest method? Buying them off the AH? The zen store? Or opening some type of box that has them? Not sure what box but I think I read that they can be found in a box of some sort.

IMO the "fastest way" is via AH. The problem is that you can buy a pack (300z) you MAY get a rare but you will get 1 asset (normal, blue or purple) but there are now 6 profession. that is a high gamble IMO.
This discussion has been closed.