Options

Most "Overpowered" class in PvP?

levander2levander2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 54
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Thoughts and opinions welcome.
Post edited by levander2 on

Comments

• Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Greater Tenebrous class. It's insanely OP.

Otherwise, play your class well. I have 3 (almost 4) level 60's with pretty moderate gear scores because I haven't dropped any cash on the game. I still clean up well in PVP. Learn to play your class with skill, and play as a team. You'll be fine.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Otherwise, play your class well. I have 3 (almost 4) level 60's with pretty moderate gear scores because I haven't dropped any cash on the game. I still clean up well in PVP. Learn to play your class with skill, and play as a team. You'll be fine.

I voted relatively balanced...
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I think the different classes excel at different things.

I think that people just focus on who is best at killing, when controlling capture points is worth more points and is the ultimate goal on the match. The control classes and tank classes have their roles are much more useful in this aspect. However all anyone focuses on is how the class designed around single target DPS actually managed to kill them in a 1v1 fight, despite that being how their class is built to behave like in dungeons.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    pinkfont wrote: »
    I think the different classes excel at different things.

I think that people just focus on who is best at killing, when controlling capture points is worth more points and is the ultimate goal on the match. The control classes and tank classes have their roles are much more useful in this aspect. However all anyone focuses on is how the class designed around single target DPS actually managed to kill them in a 1v1 fight, despite that being how their class is built to behave like in dungeons.

That's true but sometimes a class can do almost everything a little too well. GF atm seems to be a little on the strong side.
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I wanted to vote cleric, just to confuse people, but didn't have the heart.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    levander2 wrote: »
    That's true but sometimes a class can do almost everything a little too well. GF atm seems to be a little on the strong side.

A good GF is almost unkillable while holding a point, but they also seem pretty slow. If you can avoid their stuns, then you'll be fine. I can usually dance around them with no trouble until backup arrives.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    I wanted to vote cleric, just to confuse people, but didn't have the heart.

Lol. Poor Clerics
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Two clerics used to be an instant win button, now I just facepalm whenever I see more than one on a team. Especially 2 clerics + 2 CW. All the ends of happening is that they stand OUTSIDE OF CAPTURE POINTS spamming their weak ranged attacks and never capturing anything, while the enemies melee classes actually stand on the points gathering points.
  • Options
    selaralselaral Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I went with GFs. I wanted to do GWF's (sent spec) since they are just as good at defending nodes. I am all with Pinkfont. It doesn't matter 1vs1. It is being able to hold your node and making sure you keep it or or continue to keep it contested until help arrives. Being able to survive as long as possible while making sure you stand on a node is a huge help when winning a game.

Multiple Personas, only 'One' me
    "Why should one devolve themselves to try and entertain those of a lesser mindset around them?"
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

This poll question is definitely missing Greater Tenebrous class... Everyone knows it the most OP.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    quitegonejinquitegonejin Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    GWF Is flying way too below the radar.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    This poll question is definitely missing Greater Tenebrous class... Everyone knows it the most OP.
    Meh, atm now so only on tanky toons with 30k+ hp. GWFs or, "gwiffs" are nigh unstoppable.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    GWF Is flying way too below the radar.

I think that GWF are for the most part underplayed before the balance patch and as people start gearing them up they will slowly start standing out as the most powerful PvP class.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    I think that GWF are for the most part underplayed before the balance patch and as people start gearing them up they will slowly start standing out as the most powerful PvP class.

Slowly? LOL! You are not on the Dragon server are you?
  • Options
    tapp3rtapp3r Member Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    The 0 votes on Cleric made me laugh out loud. xD poor poor Clerics. It really isn't relatively balanced if all classes but clerics gets voted as the most overpowered class.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tapp3r wrote: »
    The 0 votes on Cleric made me laugh out loud. xD poor poor Clerics. It really isn't relatively balanced if all classes but clerics gets voted as the most overpowered class.

If I voted cleric would that make you feel better or worse?
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As a cleric I lose every fight against each other class. As any class except cleric I kill clerics without any problem. 40% self healing debuff should be removed.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Decent geared Defensive GWF.
    They are 100% unkillable 1v1. No matter what. Best geared/played rogue in the game I know with perfect vorpal/max tenebrous cannot take one down unless the gwf makes huge mistakes and plays very poorly.

They get insane hp, massive healing every time they use there tab ability, plus full CC immunity to stand there ground on the points. And a stunlock combo thats very effective dps - enough to kill anyone else but a highly defensive guardian/other gwf.

There defense is mostly fair, the fact they get such huge unstoppable healing is somewhat op imo. Should drop it to 5% when they hit unstoppable and it may be balanced.

Other classes I feel are fairly balanced, tho cleric deserve to have far more burst healing... There sunburst for example heals for like 2-3k at endgame (burst, plus a small hot) - on players who have 32-40k hp.... This results in Astral shield ending being like 80% of there healing - even after the nerf.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • Options
    ashez73ashez73 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As you can see the results do not confirm your observations. Diverting attention from rogue class failed...
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Aaah- someone voted cleric. Bless you, sir/madam/other <3
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ashez73 wrote: »
    As you can see the results do not confirm your observations. Diverting attention from rogue class failed...

I don't play rogue and I don't think they're overpowered. I just wanted to see what people think. No agenda here.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't play rogue and I don't think they're overpowered. I just wanted to see what people think. No agenda here.

What is that noise? Is it the sound of a thousand people stroking their chins in a sceptical manner? It just might be.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kattefjaes wrote: »
    What is that noise? Is it the sound of a thousand people stroking their chins in a sceptical manner? It just might be.

Yes! I have a master plan to bring the Rogues down! Everything is thought out 15 steps in advance. The NBA is rigged. Our music is controlled by a secretive society that has full authority to do anything. I've carefully put together this devious plan, made 10 accounts to vote trickster rogue, and rigged this whole poll. You will succumb to my power!
  • Options
    phrausphraus Member Posts: 40
    edited June 2013
    tapp3r wrote: »

Effectively. The main reason for the unbalance, specially in PvP, is that the statistic"control resistance" is not working or is not been taken in account at all. What I mean is that chars with wisdom bigger than 20, would have a strong resistance to control effects like daze, specifically when the char attacking with daze effects have a low wisdom and even no class control bonuses.

But with the current implementation, dazes are almost or completely automatic in PvP, they work every time independently of the bonus of the attacker and the resistance bonus of the target.

The result is that Clerics spend most of the battle time just dazed/then killed by almost every other class in the game.

No matter really if the cleric keep prudent distance to the fight, no matter if continuously moving and dodging, no matter if messed at the middle of the fight in an astral seal; no matter if healing or damaging, every other class can daze they automatically, from range, or just teleporting to them no matter the distance to daze them in close contact and kill them in few seconds before the tank (if there is a tank in the team) would be able to do nothing at all.

Really, after a lot of trials and experiments my cleric just do the minimum PvP queues just for the AD, because all enjoyment or possibility to contribute to a team is just spoiled with the current implementation.:(
  • Options
    cwair01cwair01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    Dat 1.33% Cleric LOL
    I'm always friendly and will be happy any of your inquires via pm!
    However i'm not a part of PWE and can't handle any questions regarding your personal details or account.
    Please respect the forum ToS and keep a nice manner towards your fellow adventurers!

| Half Elf - Cleric | Good reading for Clerics |
  • Options
    stalkerprimestalkerprime Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Decent geared Defensive GWF.
    They are 100% unkillable 1v1. No matter what. Best geared/played rogue in the game I know with perfect vorpal/max tenebrous cannot take one down unless the gwf makes huge mistakes and plays very poorly.

They get insane hp, massive healing every time they use there tab ability, plus full CC immunity to stand there ground on the points. And a stunlock combo thats very effective dps - enough to kill anyone else but a highly defensive guardian/other gwf.

There defense is mostly fair, the fact they get such huge unstoppable healing is somewhat op imo. Should drop it to 5% when they hit unstoppable and it may be balanced.

THIS!!! NEED TO REDUCE HP REGEN OR CC UNCONTROL - lol caps
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yes! I have a master plan to bring the Rogues down! Everything is thought out 15 steps in advance. The NBA is rigged. Our music is controlled by a secretive society that has full authority to do anything. I've carefully put together this devious plan, made 10 accounts to vote trickster rogue, and rigged this whole poll. You will succumb to my power!

That explains a great deal.
  • Options
    oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cleric is clearly OP, look at how many deaths they achieve!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    As a cleric I lose every fight against each other class. As any class except cleric I kill clerics without any problem. 40% self healing debuff should be removed.

All the "lols@clerics" make me lol, I'm glad there are so many bad clerics out there the good ones don't get noticed for being OP =)

I think you should try a different build bud, I can heal myself from 1 bar of health to full in about 2 seconds. It only gets easier the more enemies I'm surrounded by. Thus far as a cleric, the ONLY thing that's putting me down, is not having Diminishing Returns in PvP, and being stun locked for an hour, and the occasional one shot by the rogues dumb daily(which seems to be quite rare nowadays).

I'm at work, but I will post a screenshot of my combat log when I get home, of me healing through 15 different CC's, and 5 dailys, (2 rogues, and 3 cw's), as well as getting them all down to around 30% health, then my team arrived and killed them, and no, the majority of that fight I didn't have Astral Shield up at all..

The "balance" patch didn't Nerf a **** thing for clerics. Astral Shield is "not" the only way to heal, its laughable and obvious how bad most clerics were, because of all the whines and gripes on the forums now, about Mr.Cleric not playing anymore, boo hoo =)

I think righteousness is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> also, but maaaaaan, clerics will be virtually unkillable "when" they remove it, if played right.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I can solo most rogues with my cleric (without 98450 greater tenebrous enchants). GWFs, not so much. These guys stun me to death and do a lot more damage while tanking two or 3 other people on them. GFs do also ridiculous damage for a tanking class. Only the healer has quite a pathetic base dps. :)