What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Review for Review! "Tired of Being the Hero"

Comments

• Options
    drakesigardrakesigar Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I love this quest, it makes you feel like one bad mother, and the touches of humour are laugh out loud hilarious.
    Check out Adventuring College! A 20 minute male-centric comedic solo adventure.
    Quest ID: NW-DPCZNUVQ7
  • Options
    avatre21avatre21 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Absolutely brilliant. I've played through and rated your quest, it's definitely one of my top two favourites. I'm about to make my friend run through it with me again and choose a different option, thanks for sharing.

If you get a chance at all I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at either one of my quests, both listed in the sig.

Thanks again.
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

The Beginning of the End:
    Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
  • Options
    almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @eskarine, this is true and I forgot to mention that chest haha, I loved that, you got me. You did use three, it's probably just me seeing ogres over and over and as a Gaurdian fighter I have their rotation embedded into my muscle memory that it becomes repetitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @Varna - A Clash of Wills - NW-DQ8I5BZSF

Fantastic theme, good dialogue through environmental items. This is a perfect example with some running that is bearable and fun because you put in time to place environmental details that made sense with the pacing of the story. Thank you for this. I enjoyed it very much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @revolting - Dwarven Dilemma - The Wobbly Leg : NW-DTNZTFYDS

OMG I love this quest so much! The details, the story, costumes, the humor. I wish I could give you 6 stars.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    drakesigar - Adventuring College - NW-DPCZNUVQ7

I enjoyed the humor in this quest a lot as well as all the different texts from all the characters. The only thing that was bothering me was how many spiders there were. I had to chug a lot of potions on a guardian fighter. I'm sure on my rogue it wouldn't be a problem though.

Overall good job, a quick and fun foundry with a lot of very real College scenarios.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Uh, yeah.

So I was away for two weeks and when I came back this beast had rocked it's way to the top.

I enjoyed the humor in many places, However, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw some of the mechanics (your conscience, etc). I'm assuming you borrowed some of my elements, and turned them into your own, unless it was just an uncanny coincidence.

That said, well done on its success.

Cheers
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dzogen wrote: »
    Uh, yeah.

So I was away for two weeks and when I came back this beast had rocked it's way to the top.

I enjoyed the humor in many places, However, I almost fell out of my chair when I saw some of the mechanics (your conscience, etc). I'm assuming you borrowed some of my elements, and turned them into your own, unless it was just an uncanny coincidence.

That said, well done on its success.

Cheers

I planned on using the conscience for awhile since it's a great way to break the fourth wall and talk to the player without being too obvious but I did use your idea of using the Ghost because it's way better than a "Clicky" detail. I love the way you use it in your quest :D so I guess I did borrow it :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    shefenhowshefenhow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    I tried this one yesterday and really enjoyed it.
    One thing I had trouble with, was that when I got to a large room, just after a mine cart with ale in it, there was an invisible wall preventing me entering the large room. I think I was meant to be able to interact with sparkles towards the left side, but my shade recruits (from orb) seemed to aggro the mobs in the room, so I could not interact.

I tried running back down the hall to break aggro, but when I went back they were already aggressive so I again could not interact. I had to logout and back in to the game before aggro was lost and I could interact to drop the invisible wall.

I thought the quest was awesome, but I might as well leave feedback here as it was asked for.

Cheers,
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'll give this a run :3 - Check my sigs if you want. Campaign for story, or the dwarven thingy for a short hack n' slash.
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    obsidianw0lfobsidianw0lf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Man I loved this quest. It was funny and well built. I may have been playing games to long, but I think I love it so much because I've been playing games like this for 30 years. I look forward to a future installment assuming you are continuing with this quest line.

I will be playing your quest again with some friends.

Feel free to play mine if you like it's in my sig below. I played yours though because it sounded interesting, not for a play of mine.

Cheers
    7bK3vEy.gif

A story driven quest with humor, and a lot of challenging fights. What starts out as a simple lost item quest quickly turns into a much darker, and a lot more dangerous adventure.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have been busy lately but I will most certainly play your quests :D

Thank you for the kind words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    taiketsu58taiketsu58 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm having an issue where just after the library room, i go through the mines and in the room with the huge mob of soldiers, there is a giant invisible wall that neither the player or the soldiers can get through. I tried to abandon the quest and log out to leave the dungeon, and that didn't work. So now I'm stuck inside the dungeon with no way back or forward. Please help. D:
  • Options
    bilanthribilanthri Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    taiketsu58 wrote: »
    I'm having an issue where just after the library room, i go through the mines and in the room with the huge mob of soldiers, there is a giant invisible wall that neither the player or the soldiers can get through. I tried to abandon the quest and log out to leave the dungeon, and that didn't work. So now I'm stuck inside the dungeon with no way back or forward. Please help. D:

I ran into this problem as well. The invisible wall wants to be interacted with to summon your "friends", but the mobs behind the wall go aggro, so you can't interact with it. I was able to complete it only because the mobs kept getting pulled through the wall by my companion...either that, or they were glitching through it. Regardless, I managed to pull all but one guard through the invisible wall and then my dog ended up on the other side and killed the last one. I was then able to interact with, and remove, the invisible wall.

Aside from that, this was a lot of fun, and had some nice variety of encounters. I really liked "kitty-master" ;)
    Gnawing in the Darkness - A sewer investigation for 1-3 players.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    taiketsu58 wrote: »

I myself have never ran into this problem though and have been trying to replicate it with no success. I know it exists though because a lot of people have mentioned it. This is something I need to fix but due to the supreme lag I have been getting in the foundry I can barely even move. Therefore I cannot correctly try and correct it. People have said that simply logging out and back in usually fix it. That being said.

You can leave any dungeon by the door located on your mini-map...

@Bilanthri Thank you for the information. I don't know what you mean by "Kitty-master" though lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, there's that one guy...and he has some big kitties. They want to play. I believe one of my favorite dwarven characters would call him a "Doo-dad".

Edit: Er...unless I'm totally confusing your quest with another.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bilanthri wrote: »
    Well, there's that one guy...and he has some big kitties. They want to play. I believe one of my favorite dwarven characters would call him a "Doo-dad".

Edit: Er...unless I'm totally confusing your quest with another.

Yeah I think you are haha. This thread is for "Tired of Being the Hero" The golem loving dwarf is in "The Spellthief Trials"

Nice Pikel quote though :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Glad you knew who I meant. But the "kitty master" I refer to is a druid with a gang of tigers with him. I could have sworn it was in "Tired of Being the Hero" but now I'll have to dig through some quests again.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh I see what you mean. I'm dumb. I have "kitty-masters" in both of my quests haha. No need to dig through it. You are correct :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just got done playing this quest for the first time. I was really loving the dark side! The heroes at the end had me laughing so hard that I nearly died to them twice! This was really great stuff! I'm going to make sure my friend plays this one too!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now I know why I enjoy this quest so much. I've had bad experiences with groups, both in WoW, and in THIS game. More than a few groups I had been with complained when I looted anything and that made me resolve to solo the game instead. And then there's all the posts in the Neverwinter general forum that leave me in a depressed state after reading the posts there...

I'm thankful for the Foundry and all the content I can explore on my own at my own leisure. Some of it is hard, of course. But at least I'm not trudging through some dungeon with four other adventurers who expect me to sit by and watch their lifebars rise and fall...

Oh... and pushing the mage off the ledge into the lave is always a plus. >:)

Now if only the game would let my Cleric worship Myrkul instead of Amaunator...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @Avatre21 - The Lonely Dagger Inn - NW-DHMMZR6BJ

I liked the story in this quest. You put a lot of time into your writing and it shows. I think your maps could have used a bit more detail but then again you sort of did explain why it was like that in the story. I want to find that kid now though...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @lolsorhand - The Dwarven Tale - NW-DS3RNY82R

So I loved this one. The big head argument really got me. I think that character was just great in general but I am just a sucker for humor and silliness. The concept was simple and straight forward "Go to dungeon, kill things, get loot" which works because your maps are detailed very well. Also loved the use of illusions. I have yet to use any in my dungeons but this gave me some great ideas. Thank you for this one. Unfortunately I couldn't find the magic piggy :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    This quest sounds fun, and the screenshots are beautiful! I will add it to my list.
  • Options
    sphecidasphecida Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 95
    edited June 2013
    I just finished it and loved it! One of my favorites so far. I was looking around at all your map details taking notes. It was fun having the artifact choice, and I liked the humor. I also liked that it was just long enough, that there were campfires, and my lvl 8 cleric didn't die. The only thing that needs fixing is to put an "i" in "disorienting," in Jason's dialogue.

I tried to get some screens (it's not easy to get a good one in the thick of battle):

w1b4.jpg

971f.jpg
  • Options
    primeoverrideprimeoverride Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So is it possible to get to the mindflayer you can see on the map? I tried all the artifacts but couldn't seem to find a way in through library room. I really enjoyed this and Look forward to more.

Thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I just got back from a vacation and heard that my original entry way to him is now completely blocked. I myself never touched this so one of the updates must have done something. I will try to fix it. There was indeed a way to get to him from inside the library.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    mllebeanmllebean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 57
    edited June 2013
    Your quest seems to be a big hit so I'm not sure you still need to trade reviews, but if your still up for it please check out mine:
    a roughly 30 minute single person spoof adventure: “Arty Boa and the Holy Grail”.

NW-DUTKDLBYI

Info and comments at http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?326671-My-first-quest!-Kind-hearted-reviewers-wanted-)&p=4198891#post4198891
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @obsidianw0lf - A Cry Unanswered - NW-DGNBAX3RD

I liked this quest simply because it had to do with Lolth and her champion. You had some cool environmental perks like the piece of wood holding up the gate in the dungeon, that was awesome and I haven't seen that before. Also your boss battle phases were well done and not too hard. Good tidbits of humor too. Overall good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    @Mllebean - “Arty Boa and the Holy Grail” - NW-DUTKDLBYI

I thought this was a great spoof. I especially loved the black knight. Great dialogue that made me grin more than once and some really great costumes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
This discussion has been closed.