test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Review for Review! "Tired of Being the Hero"

124»

Comments

• varkhus2013varkhus2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @Stebss, I'd just like to let you know that I played your quest the other day (before I saw this thread) and I really liked it. The final battle was really fun and creative. I'm currently trying (for about the sixth time) to publish my first Foundry mission; if it ever works, I will let you know.

My handle is @Phaeryn65 if you want to check your review history. :) Thanks for the fun quest.
  • arbroath1arbroath1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    It's obvious that I suck at my character. Because I didn't even come close to finishing the final battle as a 60 CW. Not even close. So needless to say I didn't finish your quest though I liked the idea of it quite a bit and had fun till the final battle.

NW-DRICRDO5L is a wee quest I put together as my first foundry attempt. Give it a go, hope you like it.
  • sevenofnine2pt0sevenofnine2pt0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Anyone know how to get to the hidden mindflayer.....
  • saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    almostcool wrote: »
    Go ahead and let me know when you complete your quest I will definitely return the favor.

Completely forgot about this. Honestly, my brain is 'off' due to the bughunting >.<
    It's up, but it is not fully polished yet. Running reviews by a few people and I'd be honoured if you could give me some hints where you think more work could be done.
    No rush, though.

Information is in my signature. And, if you would so kind, I prefer to get PMs through the forum with feedback. (Easier to work on stuff in the Foundry that way.)
  • nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Oh, I played this one before I started in on foundry stuff, myself. Really, really enjoyed it even then! I believe I gave it 5 stars, perhaps 4 (I accidentally gave 1 quest a 4 star that I wanted to give 5 because of lag, don't remember which it was).

I don't have a quest published yet, and it's probably a good while away from publishing... I'm on map 2 of 6. :p

Just wanted to let you know again how much I appreciated and enjoyed your quest!
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • nimmanunimmanu Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Hey, your quest is bugged. Honey is playing it right now and it keeps popping him past a large part of the content. It's skipping the dwarf guy you have to talk to.

Just thought you'd want to know. :)
    Breaching the Swarm NW-DUXUHQWNP

Pick your side, take a stand, save--or kill--your former allies.
  • almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    omg thank you for this haha! I totally messed up and forgot to put the spawn point back. Btw the mindflayer is up and running hes just kind of a side bit for those who are interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Congrats on getting featured.
    edited July 2013
    Thank you! I logged on today after not playing for a long time to this nice surprise :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Pimptastic

I told you the whole conscience thing would work out :)
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
    edited July 2013
    Yes! That must have sealed the deal for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • artgodartgod Member Posts: 90
    edited July 2013
    loved it! Great story.

Only advice - maybe put a portal in to beginning from the lava pit at beginning. After I jumped down wondering if suicide was an alternative 'route' in the storyline I got trapped down there. That lava takes a long time to kill you... so that's a bit of an annoyance as there's no way out from down there. Cave portal from somewhere down there to beginning area would be suitable.
    edited July 2013
    I have put invisible walls around the majority of that room and have decided that if people want to jump off or explore and end up falling in then that's on them. Yeah I could add a portal but then I would have a portal sitting obviously on the platform. Also you can type /killme to just kill yourself really quick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
  • samthedaggersamthedagger Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    In case it hasn't been noted before, it isn't really clear where to go to find this quest. Might want to note that in the description or quest tool-tip.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    All I have to say is, more evil character quests please. I want to kill paladins.
  • meldan3nmeldan3n Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    All I have to say is, more evil character quests please. I want to kill paladins.

Definitely not the quality of this one, but you might still wanna try my quest: "Aribeth's Second Betrayal" :)
  • klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hi.

I'm willing to trade reviews.

My quest details are as follow:

A Simple Request
    NW-DIC2E7M9Z
    by OoKeNnEtHoO

I'll go and do your quest now and review it once I'm done.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be able to do your quest. For some reason, there is no waypath to your starting map transition.
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3334092460811021688/8327ADC377B22F10D4CA60A5F9E9AF6142E83D7C/

I don't know if this is a game error or if there are some prerequisites which I'm missing.

2nd Edit:

Hey, I found your starting transition after clearing some other quests.

I really enjoyed your quest.

I liked how the fourth wall is constantly broken and the many choices that I can have which really enhances the replayability of your quest.

Well done!

Oh yeah, I didn't get the "Pyke the Florist" reference though (It should be a reference, right?).
  • guessswho9guessswho9 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I liked shoving that one guy into the lava LOL

I've created a few similar quests, if anyone's interested.
  • pantheist84pantheist84 Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2014
    Best foundary in the game!! But I must say at the beginning if you happen to knock somebody into the lava it can be all over right away and glitch out. Sometimes the enemy will grind up against the rocks out of sight and you will have to jump down to get them. Once ur down there you can't get back up so it's game over. Aside from that it's the best and my fav. Played it at least 30 times.
  • flankeflanke Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was wondering, if anyone have the time, you can try out my Foundry game that I had made?

Its in the Review Tab and search for @Quillion00 and the title is Part One: The Escape

Thanks.
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi.

I'm willing to trade reviews.

My quest details are as follow:

A Simple Request
    NW-DIC2E7M9Z
    by OoKeNnEtHoO

I'll go and do your quest now and review it once I'm done.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be able to do your quest. For some reason, there is no waypath to your starting map transition.
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3334092460811021688/8327ADC377B22F10D4CA60A5F9E9AF6142E83D7C/

I don't know if this is a game error or if there are some prerequisites which I'm missing.

2nd Edit:

Hey, I found your starting transition after clearing some other quests.

I really enjoyed your quest.

I liked how the fourth wall is constantly broken and the many choices that I can have which really enhances the replayability of your quest.

Well done!

Oh yeah, I didn't get the "Pyke the Florist" reference though (It should be a reference, right?).

Pyke the Florist is a reference to his other quest.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • michaelkiermichaelkier Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How do you delete a post?
  • jaredbuckjaredbuck Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The doors that lead to the final battle in this foundry mission are bugged. When it says "Leave the ruins and prepare yourself. You are at the final boss in this dungeon." Pressing F at the doors doesn't do anything. Can you fix this bug? It's a great quest otherwise, it's really fun to be the anti-hero :)
  • opiannneopiannne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hello! i know this might sound stupid, but when i started the quest, i didn't choosed an artifact(don't ask why, i am not certain myself), and because i am new to this game, and stuck in this task....what can i do to finish it or restart it or...something.
    is getting pretty frustrating.
    hope u guys can help me
    thank you
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Closing this thread down as a necro thread. Go back to bed, Vilithrax, you're drunk....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.