test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LOL I solo 2-3 at a time. Go Rogue !

roninthehoodroninthehood Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I have been pvPing for 18years of games. Played near every MMO that's been out worth knowing the name of and some not. Ive never seen such a moronic junction as the rogue class. leveling was fun in general. the rogue is a fun class and have fun mechanics and skills. Ive only been 60th for 1 week... everytime I PvP I cant have fun really anymore. I can kill anyone. near anytime. I can stay stay stealthed and throw my very high dps daggers 90% of the time non stop. I go Immune to all CC all damage as I laugh... I go back to stealth and roll away I drop smoke. go immune go stealth repeat repeat repeat.... I fight 2-4 people at a time..I mean theres even multi videos on it.

Ive never heard of or played a assassin/rogue/stealth class in anygame in all of history that I can stay stealthed and no one can target me as I attack and kill enemys.... If this is working as intended someone is a *(&%^%#$ing moron. I love pvp. and altho there is issues with many classes. GF damage is too high. the CDs are too short. clerics are just... well sad to play in pvp and you know it. gwf are pretty well done now. CW damage is also too high and not enough control still. I mean the CW is a straight up dps ranged now. not a assisting cc class. again you know this. the CDs on all classes are to fast. and there MUST be a CC immunity put in. 1 second after being CC'd SO simple would fix the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> chain CC lockdown. but nothing.... nothing and I mean nothing comes close to the rogue stealth/ immune/ranged dps/stealth/immune repeat pure game breaking mechanic. I no longer enjoy my rogue in pvp.. it is stupiud what I can do and get away with.
I sadly find myself playing less and hopeing for changesd and looking at other games now. and I do NOT want too. love this game for what it can be. what is most likely coming and will be. But I love pvping and the broken rogue concept is ruining it. I loved my rogue,... until I became a cheesy god that can solo 3 people.

Be well.
Post edited by roninthehood on

Comments

• Options
    timmbeertimmbeer Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Count yourself lucky TR can still rely on stealth (yes, totally broken with the ability to continuous stealth). Once an anti-stealth potion is released, TR PVP is totally ruined.
    "Lucky" is the new FOTM.
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They just must add one thing - if stealthed rogue takes damage he will be revealed.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    bellringer01bellringer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most likely he's facing woefully undergeared players too, couple of tene's, plaguefire and a soulforged and anyone can do this - stealth or not if thats the case

Cheers
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    They just must add one thing - if stealthed rogue takes damage he will be revealed.

It does, and stealth is not invisibility.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most likely he's facing woefully undergeared players too, couple of tene's, plaguefire and a soulforged and anyone can do this - stealth or not if thats the case

Cheers
    Am I the only person who thinks that having a couple of high end enchantments is manatory for endgame PvP is quite...unfair? It only adds fuel to the constant nerf calls. After all PvP at L59 is very nicely balanced, but L60 PvP is just...not even close if you're starting out and only have basic blues.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    xouk87xouk87 Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »

After you take liek a half of his hp maybe, and try that with whatever skills you have and coodlowns. Hit stealther target with aoe if he can be practically anywhere. I played pvp and one rogue was in stealth for like 3 minutes until he wtf pwned everyone and capped the node. balance...
  • Options
    reonhato99reonhato99 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Am I the only person who thinks that having a couple of high end enchantments is manatory for endgame PvP is quite...unfair? It only adds fuel to the constant nerf calls. After all PvP at L59 is very nicely balanced, but L60 PvP is just...not even close if you're starting out and only have basic blues.

It is the unfortunate thing about gear based games and PvP, especially when you just sort players by level. Currently pretty much every PvP game is one sided and ends in the first 30 seconds. Gear is also why GF and even GWF are seen far more in PvP then in PvE, high end gear and enchants heavily favour damage over tanking, the 2 naturally tanky classes can now get good gear and hit for 15k crits and 2 shot any other class while protecting themselves from being on the receiving end.

On the other hand as a cleric I can get the best of the best and full rank 7 enchants for defensive stuff and no matter what I'm still going to be killed while CCed unable to do anything against anyone with full gear or unkillable by anyone without full gear, there is no middle ground.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You're just versing pugs mate.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Kill the PvP from this game... all solved... the most toxic comunity out of the game, they will find another game where sperad their cancerous behaviour, and we will have a great game to enjoy without trolls and poisonous behaviour!
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have to agree with above. Pvp just ruins game balance and leads to lots of forum pain.
  • Options
    alaerickalaerick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 166 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    It's the raiders who are the cancer.. Already complaining about the lack of end game. PVPers are the life that will keep games going long after the pve raiders are gone and off to the next best thing. Disregard the two above posters they haven't got a clue.
    A beautiful death awaits you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Foundry-
    Campaign: The Battle of Neverwinter - NWS-DOQXFA4ZD
    Prologue: A not so simple plan - NW-DCJG75B9D
  • Options
    capgarnascapgarnas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 500 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    alaerick wrote: »
    It's the raiders who are the cancer.. Already complaining about the lack of end game. PVPers are the life that will keep games going long after the pve raiders are gone and off to the next best thing. Disregard the two above posters they haven't got a clue.

I PVP a lot. I have my headhunter title hmmm do you.

As i stated in my post. PvP balancing causes so much pain with the buff nerf rotation. It also causes pain on the pve side too.

So many posts on the forums are they are OP nerf them, they are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> buff them and round and round it goes.

The easiest way to fix it is no more pvp. Really its just a qq epeen trash talking ******fest most of the time. But now we have 20 man forced PVP.

Let the fun begin.
  • Options
    sinbiussinbius Member Posts: 68
    edited June 2013
    Man your have never player a rogue in your life...you say that you do stealth+daggers->ITC->stealth...and a lot of other impossible stuff...
  • Options
    n3lixn3lix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alaerick wrote: »

let's take a look at how many PVP sets do we have in this game... 2? maybe 3? with the new addition of GG, now let's take a look at the PVE sets... atleast 3 for each tier, for each class.

let's take a look at how many dungeons does the game have vs how many PVP instances, 1 epic version per dungeon per map pretty much. and PVP? 2 types, domination and 20v20.

let's take a... I can keep going with more examples here but since you are the life of this game im sure you're intelligent enough to understand my point.

your community IS the minority in this game, you can argue with facts, and, until PWE decides to even the odds and actually come up with some valid pvp option your voice will remain a minority. as for complaining about this and that... look at the OP.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sinbius wrote: »
    Man your have never player a rogue in your life...you say that you do stealth+daggers->ITC->stealth...and a lot of other impossible stuff...

Agreed. I also highly doubt he's actually playing a rogue.
  • Options
    aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wixxgs1cht wrote: »
    Agreed. I also highly doubt he's actually playing a rogue.
    So rogues cannot toss daggers from stealth? The way the OP said?

Yeah, I guess they can't...
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • Options
    aladnisaladnis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stay tuned in the coming weeks for my video compilation of over 100 different rogues ALL DOING THE SAME THINGS to EVERY CLASS IN THE ARENA.

Sorry for the caps, but it's to generate buzz. It will be set to some classical music and will have color commentary by Colin Mochrie**.

**Colin Mochrie will not actually be providing commentary.
    Fletchette F. Fletch
    newbie rogue extraordinaire
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aladnis wrote: »
    So rogues cannot toss daggers from stealth? The way the OP said?

Yeah, I guess they can't...

I don't know where you got that information from my reply.
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been pvPing for 18years of games. Played near every MMO that's been out worth knowing the name of and some not. Ive never seen such a moronic junction as the rogue class. leveling was fun in general. the rogue is a fun class and have fun mechanics and skills. Ive only been 60th for 1 week... everytime I PvP I cant have fun really anymore. I can kill anyone. near anytime. I can stay stay stealthed and throw my very high dps daggers 90% of the time non stop. I go Immune to all CC all damage as I laugh... I go back to stealth and roll away I drop smoke. go immune go stealth repeat repeat repeat.... I fight 2-4 people at a time..I mean theres even multi videos on it.

Ive never heard of or played a assassin/rogue/stealth class in anygame in all of history that I can stay stealthed and no one can target me as I attack and kill enemys.... If this is working as intended someone is a *(&%^%#$ing moron. I love pvp. and altho there is issues with many classes. GF damage is too high. the CDs are too short. clerics are just... well sad to play in pvp and you know it. gwf are pretty well done now. CW damage is also too high and not enough control still. I mean the CW is a straight up dps ranged now. not a assisting cc class. again you know this. the CDs on all classes are to fast. and there MUST be a CC immunity put in. 1 second after being CC'd SO simple would fix the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> chain CC lockdown. but nothing.... nothing and I mean nothing comes close to the rogue stealth/ immune/ranged dps/stealth/immune repeat pure game breaking mechanic. I no longer enjoy my rogue in pvp.. it is stupiud what I can do and get away with.
    I sadly find myself playing less and hopeing for changesd and looking at other games now. and I do NOT want too. love this game for what it can be. what is most likely coming and will be. But I love pvping and the broken rogue concept is ruining it. I loved my rogue,... until I became a cheesy god that can solo 3 people.

Be well.

So, you have been playing pvp online for 18 years, and you love this game.
    Cool story bro.

This is by far the most balanced pvp ever created (sarcasm), every class can 3 shot people in different ways, TR can do it from stealth, CW can do it from 80 yards, GF can do it while sending you flying tru the map and so the GWF and about cleric, cleric...I dunno about cleric.

Point is EVERY damned class CAN lock you down and kill you in a matter of 3 global CD, is that different from being killed by an invisible man? Not at all, at least you can still run or go out of LOS.

But that's not the point, as an ImBaPwNz PvPerZ yourself you should know that a game whiteout pvp specific stats and diminishing return is just a WTF I Got Pwnd QQ. I really don't know how from the highness or your experience you manage to like it.:confused:
  • Options
    mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yerune wrote: »

Nope, I use my aoe knockback as a cleric when rogue enters stealth right near me, it throws him back, and he still able to come back to me WITHOUT leaving stealth. As a gf I use my frontline surge, it knockdowns rogue, and he doesn't leaves stealth.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nope, I use my aoe knockback as a cleric when rogue enters stealth right near me, it throws him back, and he still able to come back to me WITHOUT leaving stealth. As a gf I use my frontline surge, it knockdowns rogue, and he doesn't leaves stealth.

chains of light effect also never works upon rogues in stealth, seems like anything that has an AOE effect they are immune to while in stealth
  • Options
    wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eros1986 wrote: »
    So, you have been playing pvp online for 18 years, and you love this game.
    Cool story bro.

This is by far the most balanced pvp ever created (sarcasm), every class can 3 shot people in different ways, TR can do it from stealth, CW can do it from 80 yards, GF can do it while sending you flying tru the map and so the GWF and about cleric, cleric...I dunno about cleric.

Point is EVERY damned class CAN lock you down and kill you in a matter of 3 global CD, is that different from being killed by an invisible man? Not at all, at least you can still run or go out of LOS.

But that's not the point, as an ImBaPwNz PvPerZ yourself you should know that a game whiteout pvp specific stats and diminishing return is just a WTF I Got Pwnd QQ. I really don't know how from the highness or your experience you manage to like it.:confused:

at level 60 most classes got uber set gears, the very best cleric set gear sucks in comparison as 4 second bonuses every 45 seconds flat out sucks and so does a 20% healing boost... then everyone finally gets around to slotting enchantments and I'm not sure about the other classes but for clerics you are given most of the slots as offense slots and hardly any defense, slotted gems aren't so bad but then when you start doing stupid stuff like giving percents of damage and health as damage while other enchants merely give percents of weapon's damage (which is like a tenth of the other damage) and then letting everyone stack the effects many times over, and give fighter classes 200% health regen on dailies so that the cleric is no longer needed and players start using health potions in PvP and starting to manufacture their own potions all of which seem to stack the PvP dynamics of any sort of balance is out the window for good and then the majority becomes bored and quickly quits (people may play this game during the summer when they have little to do, but summer doesn't last forever)
  • Options
    oregonizeoregonize Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Its pretty obvious that OP doesn't actually play Rogue and has no idea that you can't even come close to perma-stealth AND have the DMG to do the things he's talking about without spending insane amounts of AD on enchants. Just another person crying for a Nerf because they got dominated by a Rogue one time. 95% of all Rogues (especially ones that just got to 60 "last week" as OP claims) cannot maintain stealth and do enough insane damage with their 12 daggers to kill any half way competent player before the rogue has to leave stealth. Most are easily handled in PVP by anyone who is halfway decent at their class. Again, there are a few insanely geared rogues out there who can perma stealth AND do insane damage...but they are rocking the best enchants in the game. Tell me what class couldn't face-roll you if they spend 20mil AD on their toon?
  • Options
    neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you catch a rogue out of stealth it doesnt take much to kill them. But I do agree they are a bit ridiculously op. Pvp is mostly; reach a point and wait there for some unseen enemy to creep up behind you and 1 shot you, literally no defense against it for some classes.

23k health on my cleric, I try and keep on the move but it's just a matter of time before my char just falls over without any chance of a defense or any kind of PvP. No skill involved on the rogues part, just 1 button click - dead. If by chance you survive the first hit, you move away but your heals return about 1/10th of what a rogue has just removed or you throw some dps but by the time your on your second spell, your dead.

This isn't a *****ing post, I still play PvP everynow and have fun, I don't suggest for a minute that I'm any good at PvP, I pvp in mmo's to have fun, winning is great but I find the most fun PvP matches are the ones that are very closely matched where you don't know who will win until the last minute. With those kind of matches, I couldn't care if I won or lost because it was great fun. But I have to agree with the OP, it's boring to be 1 shotted, about as much fun and as effective as being disconneted. Also with no kind of PvP ladder or league it's fast becoming pointless.
    Kill the PvP from this game... all solved... the most toxic comunity out of the game, they will find another game where sperad their cancerous behaviour, and we will have a great game to enjoy without trolls and poisonous behaviour!

While I wouldn't tar every pvp'er with the same brush, there are some nice people that pvp, I do semi agree with this comment, generally the hardcore PvP'er is a muppet that spouts <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like 'I pwned u'. Imo PvE and PvP should be completely different balancing sytems in all MMo's. It causes no end of grief as developers try to balance pve only to have it offset the balance in pvp and vice versa.
  • Options
    daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

This already happens, but you can slot a passive that reduces the stealth meter reduction by 99%.
  • Options
    daethxdaethx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chains of light effect also never works upon rogues in stealth, seems like anything that has an AOE effect they are immune to while in stealth

You aren't immune, but the damage doesn't break stealth if you have the passive slotted. You just get rooted there in stealth.
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Be well.

You don't play a rogue. You might have a 60, but unless you dumped serious real world money, your rogue would not own like that as a fresh 60. besides the way you talk about rogues in PVP is VERY over exaggerated. Tell you what, if you are so bad, be a rogue and start slaughtering GF's and post video's on it. The whole immune/fighting 2 to 4 people is one ability and lasts about 3 seconds and is on a long CD. Then you over exaggerate the unlimited range daggers.

About those videos, are they pre or post mega nerfs?

You sound like someone who is getting owned by a rogue and making wild accusations about things you know nothing about.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Can some other Rogues speak up and attest to the fact that you don't just run around hitting a single button that automatically one-shots people...sounds like someone got dominated by a rogue with some great gear OR someone sucks at their class...;-) the whining is pretty funny though.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You don't play a rogue. You might have a 60, but unless you dumped serious real world money, your rogue would not own like that as a fresh 60. besides the way you talk about rogues in PVP is VERY over exaggerated. Tell you what, if you are so bad, be a rogue and start slaughtering GF's and post video's on it. The whole immune/fighting 2 to 4 people is one ability and lasts about 3 seconds and is on a long CD. Then you over exaggerate the unlimited range daggers.

About those videos, are they pre or post mega nerfs?

You sound like someone who is getting owned by a rogue and making wild accusations about things you know nothing about.

^exactly this :-)
  • Options
    kabothoriginalkabothoriginal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 465 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    OMG... a couple things about stealth....

1. Stealth is not invisibility, problem is when a rogue stealth's most players freak out... ERMAHGERD!!
    2. "perma" stealth rogues are weak as snot, fun to play maybe, but weak.
    3. Damage is the key, constant damage slows down their stealth meter from recharging. In addition, damage also reduces the stealth meter even while in stealth, so the time in stealth is less. Because their DPS is low, they wont be able to remotely counter this.

I guarantee whats happening, is they are mixing perma stealth rogues with DPS rogues who use stealth.