test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

LOL I solo 2-3 at a time. Go Rogue !

13»

Comments

• Options
    phantomtempestphantomtempest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Am I the only one around here who thinks he is not playing a TR?
  • Options
    phantomtempestphantomtempest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    xiphenonxiphenon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I started with a rogue, which is now level 60 but currently concentrate on my cleric (40+). So, since I abandoned my rogue, no reason for lying for me.

If slotted with stacked tene-enchants and if specced heavely stealth, rogue throwing daggers are OP ... as anyone is OP slotting tene-enchants. With my rogue in PvP I get als well 1 shotted by GWFs, GFs, CWs and other TRs with stacking tene enchants.

On my rogue I don't have any tene-enchants, because I'm sure they will be either nerfed or the PvP will die out in this game. To slot 5 to 7 greater tene-enchants (3% of your hitpoints are dealed as damage) you need to be either a cheater or exploiter (or better, you are both), or a hardcore AD-farmer or just willing to spend hundreds of $ for this game (which makes exploiters happy).

If wearing the pvp set and feated for, a rogue can stay around 8 seconds in stealth. If you slot bait and switch you can stay 16 secs in stealth.

Shadow strike need a target on which you can do damage and refreshes stealth again, so you could be in stealth for 24 secs. I don't know if it possible with heavy focus on recovery to reduce the cooldown of B&S by 35% to 16 secs, which would theoretically allow to remain perma stealthed with the right rotation under certain circumstances. But I doubt that this is in reality possible only by stacking recovery on the PvP set.

But even if this would work, a rogue sacrifies 2/3 of the encounter power slots as well as "wasting" all their slots for recovery for perma stealth. So, perma stealth and one-shotting people with throwing daggers is highly unlikely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xiphenon wrote: »
    Shadow strike need a target on which you can do damage and refreshes stealth again, so you could be in stealth for 24 secs. I don't know if it possible with heavy focus on recovery to reduce the cooldown of B&S by 35% to 16 secs, which would theoretically allow to remain perma stealthed with the right rotation under certain circumstances. But I doubt that this is in reality possible only by stacking recovery on the PvP set.

But even if this would work, a rogue sacrifies 2/3 of the encounter power slots as well as "wasting" all their slots for recovery for perma stealth. So, perma stealth and one-shotting people with throwing daggers is highly unlikely.

For perma-stealth the TR needs to slot 2 encounters that give stealth which do little to no damage, that leaves one slot for either damage, utility or a 3s damage reduction. Int needs to be reasonably high (at the cost of Str or Dex) and gear and feats need to be right too. It's doable, but sacrifices a lot of potential damage dealers.

'One-shotting' someone with 12 throwing knifes is not one-shotting, finishing someone on low health is not one-shotting. Damage reducing stealth can be offset by a personal power, which again, does not add damage. Stealth is not invisibility; if people would actually look for the TR in those PvP video's, you'll see him quite often 'shadowy', which is when he thinks he's stealthed. He is not, you can hit him quite easily and he will go down fast.

The only gripe I have is the way CoS scales with stacking enchantments and how it doesn't diminish stealth like a melee attack. That imo, is the unbalancing part.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been pvPing for 18years of games. Played near every MMO that's been out worth knowing the name of and some not. Ive never seen such a moronic junction as the rogue class. leveling was fun in general. the rogue is a fun class and have fun mechanics and skills. Ive only been 60th for 1 week... everytime I PvP I cant have fun really anymore. I can kill anyone. near anytime. I can stay stay stealthed and throw my very high dps daggers 90% of the time non stop. I go Immune to all CC all damage as I laugh... I go back to stealth and roll away I drop smoke. go immune go stealth repeat repeat repeat.... I fight 2-4 people at a time..I mean theres even multi videos on it.

Ive never heard of or played a assassin/rogue/stealth class in anygame in all of history that I can stay stealthed and no one can target me as I attack and kill enemys.... If this is working as intended someone is a *(&%^%#$ing moron. I love pvp. and altho there is issues with many classes. GF damage is too high. the CDs are too short. clerics are just... well sad to play in pvp and you know it. gwf are pretty well done now. CW damage is also too high and not enough control still. I mean the CW is a straight up dps ranged now. not a assisting cc class. again you know this. the CDs on all classes are to fast. and there MUST be a CC immunity put in. 1 second after being CC'd SO simple would fix the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> chain CC lockdown. but nothing.... nothing and I mean nothing comes close to the rogue stealth/ immune/ranged dps/stealth/immune repeat pure game breaking mechanic. I no longer enjoy my rogue in pvp.. it is stupiud what I can do and get away with.
    I sadly find myself playing less and hopeing for changesd and looking at other games now. and I do NOT want too. love this game for what it can be. what is most likely coming and will be. But I love pvping and the broken rogue concept is ruining it. I loved my rogue,... until I became a cheesy god that can solo 3 people.

Be well.

Rogues are this in DnD but the problem is DnD is a pve game based on imbalances, it is not a pvp game regardless of what some would have you believe.

I have said it before and will say it again both pvp and pve suffer because they are trying to do both when it should just be pve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    pizzamuraipizzamurai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Lol. Stealth rogues make me laugh on my GWF and GF. Knock them on their asses for 6 seconds straight through 10k damage and see just how invincible they really are :P Think you're invisible? Think again. Pommel to the invisible face.

Unless a rogue has the tenebrous pay to win bullpuckey, stealth build is a novelty against anyone that knows what they are doing (cept maybe a cleric. But any rogue can eat a clerics lunch so that's a moot point)
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Wow OP! I didn't know stealth refilled after throwing daggers and popping ITC.

This imagined rogue character of yours must be really strong.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER
  • Options
    xanos900xanos900 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    i played CW as main, (now incacitve cuz CWis useless and bugged haha) and made a TR just for the lulz.
    didnt want to play the standart exe. 1shot build and made a experimental stealth-burst build. 75%stealth/25%burst

and serious YOU guys have no ****ing idea what a TR really is, wow awesome you're in stealth - but not unhittable. you can hit the rog easy out of stealth with a bit RNG-direction luck.
    you have to time everything
    his stealth bar refills if not hit for a couple of seconds - with skills or feats, AND drops over time in stealth, instantly empties by using a encounter-power AND drops heavy by getting damage, except he uses that class-power that reduces that by 90%(3/3) but almost nobody uses that with 60anyway.

to remain full-time-stealth he can slot 2powers, the "dummy" as most should know it. and a strike that instantly refills the stealth-bar, but does not alot of dmg.

so he has 1pwoer with almost zero dmg, dummy doesn't do dmg at all, and a power of his choice.. probably impossible to catch cuz.. its a must.

so the main dmg comes from CoS.
    CoS has 12uses and refills slowly.

Its not the rogues that are OP, most time its You other guys that just play <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> against them.
    if i would get 5k AD for every CW that uses all of his 3ports just because he panics while getting CoS spammed i would be rich.
    and that with every class, they just panic and waste all of their powers, even before the rog comes out of stealth.

you ****ing see where the daggers come from. its not that hard to hit him out of it, run to his direction, AUTOHIT, his stealthbar will drop like instantly after 3-4hits and hes open for the rest of the fight.

the bar doesn't refill while hes getting damage so yeah.. gg? rog op? no l2p
  • Options
    pinkfontpinkfont Member Posts: 563 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    to remain full-time-stealth he can slot 2powers, the "dummy" as most should know it. and a strike that instantly refills the stealth-bar, but does not alot of dmg.

so he has 1pwoer with almost zero dmg, dummy doesn't do dmg at all, and a power of his choice.. probably impossible to catch cuz.. its a must.

so the main dmg comes from CoS.
    CoS has 12uses and refills slowly.

This is very true, though to be fair, Lashing Blade is really the only powerful encounter ability you really need. The rest are mainly utility/CC/Aoe/silencing skills. Trading those out for stealth-building abilities isn't that much of a loss.
    A rich rogue nowadays is fit company for any gentleman; and the world, my dear, hath not such a contempt for roguery as you imagine. - John HAMSTER