test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nightmare Mount and the great unboxing

124»

Comments

• Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited May 2013
    0 boxes opened. Don't be fooled these lockboxes have terrible terrible odds of getting something good. 1-3% chance to get one of the major prizes.
  • Options
    majhookmajhook Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has taken me 70 boxes for mount. have gotten everything but fedora companion. cool thing is you get all the bar drops that can be used for gear, you also get chests of 40k diamonds, and a bunch of rare rune drops. I treat this like my subscription if I pay 10.00 per month for keys the drops you get add a ton to the game both in AD rewards, all items can be sold, and or transferred to my other characters. The thing about the odd is that because you always get the silver bars (sorry forget the name) you can accumulate additions to buy from that legacy store.
  • Options
    illumine007illumine007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm at 30 with Phoera (sp?) and some decent crafting resources to show for it. No mount. I suppose I should consider myself lucky. :)
  • Options
    toyeverdaletoyeverdale Member Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    daxx360 wrote: »
    Is there a way to get the Enchanted keys in game, or are they only available through the Z-Store?

z-store. Grind AD. Opened about 15 with no horse yet. Not that I care about the horse. I do hoever like the idols and the rare chests. Save those till you are near 60.
  • Options
    jahnkasadjahnkasad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I Opened 20 lockboxes before getting my first one, then the next ten lockboxes gave me 2 more.
  • Options
    maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    2600 boxes, 12 horses, 20 birds, bunch of other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Opening another 600? on Wednesday's stream.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • Options
    dronemandroneman Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i hate this mount <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :(
  • Options
    dronemandroneman Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i know it is sort of spam, but for some reason i cannot open new threads.. don't know why.
    i've been wondering, does anyone know if they intend to come up with new mounts on the 20th update when they release the game from open beta?
    they have these discounts on the howler now and i wanted to know if i should wait for new mount or buy the howler when it is cheaper..
  • Options
    silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Seriously is it worth spending all that zen on?

I opened a couple and received a **** load of astral diamonds, another I received some special gear. I felt pretty fortunate as with my luck I could of received an error message or tried opening it only to find out it was a mimic and attacked me.

Honestly the inferno or any mount isn't worth it in a game where your distance travels are limited. If this was tera, rift, WOWish, or other mmo's then by all means....keys, keys, keys and more keys.

If that's what ya all wanna do then go for it, I just question the ideals of it.
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    2600 boxes, 12 horses, 20 birds, bunch of other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Opening another 600? on Wednesday's stream.

So an average of 216 or so you'll get a horse? LOL I can think of so many other uses for 216 dollars. Oh well a fool and their money...
  • Options
    axan22#6446 axan22 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    guys you do know you can buy both mount and pet from Ah pet really cheap now about 70k AD and mount about 750k, bought pet from the ah after opening about 20 lock boxes if I find one will sell it so no harm done.
  • Options
    krahctkrahct Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Six characters, 600.00 spent, over 50+ boxes open easily, no mount yet.
    "I never make mistakes, I once thought I did but I was wrong"
  • Options
    wergildwergild Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    2800 tarmalune bars... no mount :p
  • Options
    deadwoodiideadwoodii Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    103 boxes so far no mount. Lost about 1.2M AD so far after selling rewards, i convert to Zen. I'd be able to buy one by now if i'd never bought any from the start <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but guess you'll never know ur luck until u try. xD
  • Options
    iamdigitalchetiamdigitalchet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    20 boxes without a mount or companion yet. Several idols, a bunch of enchants, a couple of epics, runestones & 4 Gloomwroughts.

I guess if you look at it as money you'd otherwise be spending on a subscription it's not so bad, but it does truly seem extremely unfair how much money people can spend without ever seeing the top items. I mean there should be a specific amount spent at which you'd be guaranteed at least a companion. Having people get them after one or two keys in is just a kick in teeth to those who've spent hundreds.
  • Options
    brendan03usbrendan03us Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Given current exchange rates for zen and the current auction house price for the mount (hovers between 750k and 850k for best price buyouts), you can buy one for the AD equivalent of around 2300 Zen. So I guess it depends on how much fun you get from gambling, because you could have the article for the price of opening 23 boxes.
  • Options
    exarkun007exarkun007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 113 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    Also, the Nightmare is for 1 character. The zen mounts (same speed for 2500) are for every character.
  • Options
    calvin1tagcalvin1tag Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I opened about 300 boxes and have gotten 3 horses total.
  • Options
    amorraamorra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Given current exchange rates for zen and the current auction house price for the mount (hovers between 750k and 850k for best price buyouts), you can buy one for the AD equivalent of around 2300 Zen. So I guess it depends on how much fun you get from gambling, because you could have the article for the price of opening 23 boxes.
    A lot of it also depends on if they want the bars for some reason. Some of the other items (trade-skill related) almost make it worth gambling if you have a side interest in the horse. Then again I got a horse from the first box I opened AFTER I bought one of the AH... :|
  • Options
    cgta1967cgta1967 Member Posts: 86
    edited August 2013

"suckers..."

edited August 2013
    I've opened about 50 boxes and gotten 3 Inferno horses. I opened about 30 profession boxes and got 3 Lillends. One of the main bargaining items for keys for me used to be the Dragon Egg, but since the last promo (Gift of Tymora) that is no longer viable since so many people got Dragon Eggs from those.