test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nightmare Mount and the great unboxing

Comments

• Options
    sefeniasefenia Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    So far over 60 boxes, almost all my founder diamonds gone. 2 companions, no mount, countless idols and other enchantments. Haven't really been keeping track.
    vn7W95H.png
  • Options
    thedrakkosthedrakkos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 228 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I can't be bothered spending money on this garbage, and just want to be able to be rid of them, and not have them show up anymore as loot.

Oh, right, the mount. I've got the armoured warhorse, not really important to me, I guess.
    Looking for a mature guild to play with?

www.guildmedieval.com

Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.
  • Options
    vyssalarevyssalare Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Took 15 for me. Surprised people dislike idols. Do they not realize that they are the best item in the game for trading? They are worth a set 40k AD but can be used for P2P trades to avoid the broker fee.
  • Options
    daradaldaradal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Boxes change?

So should I try opening my boxes, it will take some effort farming AD, or save them for later?
  • Options
    farkenoathfarkenoath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    35, scored mount and companion, 2 dragon eggs, 2 epic enchants, a bunch of idols and a couple of profession aids. Pretty good, opening them is adictive, I think Ill give the rest away, or put them in the Guild bank to stop me from opening them.
  • Options
    youlookfatyoulookfat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is the inferno mount any faster than say.. the founders mount? If not then why go through all that?
    Robb Stark is killed at the Frey wedding and his head is sewn onto his wolf..
    Jon Snow ends up leader of the wall and his own men kill him...
    Tyrion kills his father with a cross bow...

Can't spoil books that have been out for years.. enjoy the show!!
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Because gambling is fun and addictive...

Here i've opened arround 60... no companion, no mount, no hero, 1 egg and 1 coalescent ward... i have the strong feeling that the algorithm is kinda rigged to favour the openings to certain hours of the day... anyway, i would like the Dev's to only allow "box gambling" to +18 users, even if i'm naive.
  • Options
    clannamuirclannamuir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 217 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sefenia wrote: »
    So far over 60 boxes, almost all my founder diamonds gone. 2 companions, no mount, countless idols and other enchantments. Haven't really been keeping track.

Psst, if you don't know, the idols can be turned in to Ryyz (probably missed spelled) for AD.
  • Options
    wigg456wigg456 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I got two in a row from some boxes I was opening and was promptly berated by the zone chat :)
  • Options
    youlookfatyoulookfat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok cool.. was just curious what makes the mount so good:) No more speed=no reason to worry about it:)
    Robb Stark is killed at the Frey wedding and his head is sewn onto his wolf..
    Jon Snow ends up leader of the wall and his own men kill him...
    Tyrion kills his father with a cross bow...

Can't spoil books that have been out for years.. enjoy the show!!
  • Options
    sablelore015sablelore015 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 35 boxes in the bank and no plans to ever open any of them. I do not want a mount of any kind, so to me they are a worthless item.
    "If your not having fun, Then stop doing it"

"Life is not mandatory, life is what you make it"
  • Options
    dopybkssdopybkss Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I personally think that the marketing for pay to play MMOs is insane. Prices for items are thrown around like confetti. I think anyone that pays just one pound or dollar or whatever your currency should be entitled to a nice looking mount. None of this buy 20 etc and hope for the best. Ive played many MMOs and I like this one a lot. But I
    I still prefer the subscription model, even if the developers don't. At least you know you will experience everything the game has to offer without having to fork out extra cash for it.
    It is a rare MMO these days where you have to work for your rewards, not buy them outright.
    ps I watched a 30 second trailer yesterday and earned 3 Zen for it. How many of those will I have to watch till I get my first key!
  • Options
    osiabunnyosiabunny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't believe some of you went and spent hundreds of dollars and still haven't gotten it. Btw even if you opened 100 you are no more closer or farther away from getting that mount. I dislike this method of cash and grab from this company and others who do same.

But at least it's a great money maker for them. Like gambling in Reno
  • Options
    versonicversonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I bought 2 boxes (From ZEN i earned through offers) and got a jewled idol and something uncommon that i forgot.. musnt have been important lol. basically 40k astral for free
  • Options
    frostii0frostii0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    opened 126 boxes to get one.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    10 opened thus far and nothing:(.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    frostii0 wrote: »
    opened 126 boxes to get one.
    Ouch:(. I'd rather have the Twilight one but I think it will cost some crazy amount to save up enough bars. Anyone know if there is any other way to get bars or if they can somehow be traded?
  • Options
    scooby609scooby609 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    22 boxes so far .. no mount or companion =(
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ten boxes for my mount, which was fortuitous, from what I read the average is about 25 and seeing how you see a soandso won an infernal nightmare message about every five seconds, you know Cryptic is making money hand over fist.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    olfinaolfina Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Opened... 30.. 40 by now probably... honestly I've lost count. Finally got my companion on Sunday. Don't think I'll be opening any more at this point... can't stand to go through another 40+ to try to replace him..
    OH.. wait.. I have a cape.. nevermind... it's all good...
  • Options
    ddguns00ddguns00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think I've opened maybe a dozen of the boxes. It's free-to-play, so I figure I can spend at least a normal subscription price on whatever I like without breaking the budget... on the other hand, some of my friends I know have the guardian pack (in the ballpark for a normal box price for a similar game), and then have spent at least that much on keys, dyes, and packs. But then, it's their cash to spend, and it really doesn't break my heart or keep us from playing together. None of us has found the mount yet, though one has the burning chicken pet. I've gotten 3 idols out of 12 boxes, 2 coalescent wards, and a bunch of 5 & 4 runes/enchants. Personally, I think the boxes are ok as a revenue source for a free-to-play game, but keys (as well as most other things in the zstore) are simply overpriced. But the price won't change as long as we are buying.

Some have asked about keys: Keys must come into the game through the ZEN store, so PW always wins on keys. BUT they are not bound, so may be sold, purchased, traded for items/ad/gold (ie. no reason you cannot EARN keys through normal gameplay... also no reason to violate TOS & buy gold from outside sources, if you want gold, purchase ZEN-buy key with ZEN-trade key for gold). P2Wplayer happy, PW happy, reward earner happy because he/she does not have to spend a dime to get zen-only rewards.
  • Options
    erik457erik457 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not sure how many ive opened... im at 1100 tarmalune bars though,so I guess ive opened over 100 boxes....

No mount yet- ive gotten 4 phoeras, a bunch of idols, a ton of leadership stuff (no epics), a few pet r7 enchants. Ive got 77 more boxes , havent opened any in about a week
  • Options
    scorpion2112scorpion2112 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    I wasn't going to post here, but I feel I need to for the pure hilarity. I have opened enough boxes to buy 2 Heavy Twilight mounts. They are 2500 bars each. I am still opening boxes, with no Heavy Inferno mount, as of yet. I have the worst luck.
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hokonoso wrote: »
    especially since i have the real life $ to afford to open hundreds of boxes without breaking a sweat..

Hey thanks for letting us know that! Mommy helps you out after you do chores huh?

I always wonder about people who feel the need to post stuff like this.
  • Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    over 100 boxes with no mount, 2 flaming birds though which are now worth almost nothing..
  • Options
    ideagorasideagoras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    hydraham wrote: »
    Why do people keep saying you have to get zen keys to open the boxes? That's not true. You can buy keys off the AH with diamonds.

I bought a few and didn't get a mount so i just stash the rest of them in my bank, i have about 23 boxes. Also to the person that asked you can sell your boxes on the AH but on the Dragon shard they aren't fetching much.

They are still Zen purchases keys by those who put them up on the auction house.
  • Options
    cynicalazamacynicalazama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited May 2013
    I have about 1200 bars so im guessing at least 100 or so, 2 epic birds and no mount yet =/ Then again, i think im about the only loser who doesn't have a cat either.
  • Options
    drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not a fan of having to buy Zen for the keys.

Should I / Can I just AH the boxes then?
  • Options
    vegetafh1vegetafh1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think i opened like 15... and got one... then the server rolled back cus of the AD Disaster and... the rest is history (much like my hopes of getting another one)
  • Options
    raazrraazr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had never spent money on the game or opened a box before. Then I got some Zen doing surveys last week and noticed I had enough to buy a key.

So I bought a key and opened a box -- and got the mount. Couldn't believe it.

I know you all hate me, but note that I've been playing these games since the Ultima Online beta and have always had incredibly lousy luck. I was kinda due.