test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Nightmare Mount and the great unboxing

vampuricknightvampuricknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
For those that have opened a lot of lock boxes and for those who have gotten a Nightmare mount how many boxes have you opened and how long did it take to get the mount?
Post edited by vampuricknight on

Comments

• Options
    rathtaldyrkrathtaldyrk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    3 boxes, got it on the 3rd try and haven't opened a box since.
  • Options
    mutley1984mutley1984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    They are dropping like crazy, I can't believe how often i see a message saying another one has dropped...

3 is crazy good luck!!!
  • Options
    divinehopedivinehope Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 48
    edited April 2013
    I think I opened like 15 before I got mine, craptastic luck.
  • Options
    caige187caige187 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well i have opened at the most 60 and have gotten it yet :/
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hate all of you. I'm at over 40 boxes now, no mount, no companion, just those stones as the most purples. :P

edit, didn't see the 60 above. That will probably be me. :(
  • Options
    lunacristlunacrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have 5 boxes...but a spider mount. Please tell me i can mail this stuff?
  • Options
    daxx360daxx360 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there a way to get the Enchanted keys in game, or are they only available through the Z-Store?
  • Options
    vampuricknightvampuricknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    for me it took 30, but i have heard a few people in the server i was in who opened 100 and got nothing.
  • Options
    wesgarwesgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I stand at about 25 opened - no mount.

In guild, one fellow opened 6, and had the mount drop. We call him a dirty "%^&*#$" now.

:-P
    Thanks,

zWolf / Wesgar

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lunacristlunacrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mine are unopened...can i sell them?
  • Options
    mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    caige187 wrote: »
    well i have opened at the most 60 and have gotten it yet :/

me too 60-70 i think. ill try mote later. i cant find any advertising for the boxes except a small one on the neverwinter gateway site. im likely crazy to open more boxes but i think it will be nice to get the prize from the first one they put out.
  • Options
    mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    in STO you can sell on the auction. The price tends to go up over time once the box is discontinued. I sometimes trade keys for boxes from my friends. So don't discard them without compensation.
  • Options
    healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    divinehope wrote: »
    I think I opened like 15 before I got mine, craptastic luck.

You think 15 is the bad?
    Try opening PWI boxes where you could open hundreds and still get nothing.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • Options
    inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    The mount is pretty common from what I've seen/heard. The Pheora on the other hand.. that's what I want.
  • Options
    sarsbreathsarsbreath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mount on 6th and companion on 30th. however since then i have opened another 20-30 just for kicks and every single one was a green leadership coffer, enchant coffer, or runestone coffer.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    @ inconsiderate idk i unboxed 2 of those and from the look of the marketplace it looks like quite a few others have as well.
  • Options
    slatsauslatsau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    wesgar wrote: »
    I stand at about 25 opened - no mount.

In guild, one fellow opened 6, and had the mount drop. We call him a dirty "%^&*#$" now.

:-P

Yeah mine took 6 too. :-)
  • Options
    inconsiderateinconsiderate Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I could be wrong. After all, I'm just a boy. Standing in front of an auction house. Asking it for a fiery demon pet. :(
  • Options
    anjinsan666anjinsan666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Opened 30-ish just a few purple enchantments and alot of idols......
  • Options
    nomad1506nomad1506 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 34
    edited April 2013
    can you only open these boxes with keys from the zen store? and is it best to save them for level 60?
  • Options
    aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I've opened around 200 and no mount
  • Options
    x0y1x0y1 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »

You think 15 is the bad?
    Try opening PWI boxes where you could open hundreds and still get nothing.

Yeah and maybe if you want to open some, take a peek to Star Trek Online.

Here is one with some data:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=537981 some player on page 3 has some additional data in a google spreadsheet.

From my own experience there, the main price has a very low drop chance ~0.5%. I got once a galor after my 2nd lockbox and then again none after opening a few dozen lockboxes. If you are not after one of the items you can get with the trade bars, remember it's pure luck. You can open hundreds and still don't get it.
  • Options
    aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    daxx360 wrote: »
    Is there a way to get the Enchanted keys in game, or are they only available through the Z-Store?

Zen store only.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The mount is pretty common from what I've seen/heard. The Pheora on the other hand.. that's what I want.

Most people I've talked to who have opened large numbers of boxes have multiple Pheoras and 0 mounts.
  • Options
    slatsauslatsau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Opened 30-ish just a few purple enchantments and alot of idols......

I guess hand in all the idols sell your AD and then keep going? :-)
  • Options
    edited April 2013

well on the bright side you should be close (if not already have enough) for the twilight nightmare if you haven't already got it with the trade bars.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    well on the bright side you should be close (if not already have enough) for the twilight nightmare if you haven't already got it with the trade bars.

Oh, I have the Twilight Nightmare already. I actually like the look of it better than the Inferno Nightmare. I just want people to be aware that the people posting in this thread are mostly drawn to do so because they are happy about getting a mount so quickly. The actual odds are certainly lower.
  • Options
    doublentendre89doublentendre89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is the model for the HEAVY INFERNO NIGHTMARE that drops from the lockbox the same as the ARMORED NIGHTMARE in the protector's enclave?
  • Options
    virescencevirescence Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only way to open those boxes is with ZEN purchased keys... right?
  • Options
    virescencevirescence Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

So... you spent $200+ on these boxes?