test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You have to be kidding me...

mrbluebirdmrbluebird Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Cryptic, I love you guys. I really do. You seem to be passionate about the games you put out.

That is why I will say this as kindly and simply as I possibly can:

Your game is going to die without new classes.

Literally every single one of my friends that I have gotten involved in this game has left because the lack of class diversity makes them feel like literal carbon cutouts of every other player.

I held my breath and waited for the update info on module 1, and you STILL haven't mentioned a new class.

Are you trying to get us to leave your game? Because it feels that way. Seriously. It really does.

Guess I'll go and do something else until you decide to change priorities a bit. I understand different folks want different things, and I'm not an entitled guy. I'll just go play something else and stop spending money here.

*sigh*
Post edited by mrbluebird on

Comments

• Options
    strawberryrazorstrawberryrazor Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    =|
    I am waiting for my Drow warlock.
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Classes? REally.

How about content
  • Options
    baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You do realise that because of all the 'balance' crybabies that no matter what class they release its going to be the same outcome?
    Ranger/Druid/Paladin you name it will all neutralise each other in todays games due to people not being able to accept that some classes do things better than others..

Nooooo they all want plate mail wearing mages who can backstab and teleport while crafting by just pushing x..

Give me an OP mage who at later levels can melt a fighter versus a get in range and kiss your head goodbye bezerker anyday rather than bland balanceville
  • Options
    darksxdarksx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 198 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This is what happens when you guys have to have stinking PVP in a game. It causes all kinds of issues with balancing. I totally despise PVP. It has no place in a regular game. And seriously what is so fun about blasting and killing each other in a game? I just don’t get it at all! In all seriousness, there should be PVP servers and that’s where you let those player play and worry about balance in that realm. Not in a PVE server.
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Daggerdale 2
  • Options
    aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What people want is diversity. Not every Guardian Fighter wants to be an Iron Guardian. Not every Great Weapon Fighter wants to be a Swordmaster.

Not every person that wants to play a ranged class wants to be a caster.

Every single MMO available has some sort of non-caster ranged class. They should have had one ready for OBT. They hinted that it was almost ready. Here we are two months later: nothing. They don't even have it on the Feywild content update preview, and that's most likely coming in August.

Furthermore, they can set a time from for moon and sun elves, but not Drow?
    WHO CARES ABOUT MOON AND SUN ELVES.
    YOUR COMMUNITY HAS BEEN CLAMORING FOR DROW SINCE DAY 1.

They clearly do not care what we want. It's very obvious their mentality is we will take what they give us and they could care less, they've already got our Founder money.
    I can hear Captain Hindsight telling me I shouldn't have bought the Hero pack.

Edit: you know they have Drow ready. Menzoberranzen Renegades are, for all intents and purposes, Drow with different names for the same racials. They're ready, Cryptic is just holding it back for some unknown reason.
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    darksx wrote: »
    this is what happens when you guys have to have stinking pvp in a game. It causes all kinds of issues with balancing. I totally despise pvp. It has no place in a regular game. And seriously what is so fun about blasting and killing each other in a game? I just don
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    dragonlover982dragonlover982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They're holding drow and archers back till all the whiners leave and then the cool kids can see the good content.
    Honestly its a f2p game what do you expect it to be fit and finished with all the bells and whistles right from the start?
    Try being patient your not out anything other than time unless you went and blew money in OBT.
    Hell it had a better OBT finish than RIFT did at least the servers didn't crash.
    I really wish more MMO players had an IQ higher than a chihuahua
    Originally Posted by iuseforum
    Game is broken. Unpatch the game
  • Options
    zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    AMEN
    this is what happens when you guys have to have stinking pvp in a game. It causes all kinds of issues with balancing. I totally despise pvp. It has no place in a regular game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • Options
    jedidethfreak823jedidethfreak823 Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    Classes? REally.

How about content
    Welcome to Cryptic MMO's. At around the third anniversary, there MIGHT be the amount of content they needed at launch.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    oo i cant wait to buy a new dress for my CW who is now gimped..cant wait to re learn to play her new paragon tree and run the same dungeons to get new armor cause the last 4 set was nerfed..ohh I cant wait! I cant!!! please! PLEASE!! please take my money!!!
  • Options
    aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They're holding drow and archers back till all the whiners leave and then the cool kids can see the good content.
    Honestly its a f2p game what do you expect it to be fit and finished with all the bells and whistles right from the start?
    Try being patient your not out anything other than time unless you went and blew money in OBT.
    Hell it had a better OBT finish than RIFT did at least the servers didn't crash.

Being "Free2Play" doesn't excuse bad communication.

In several posts and interviews Cryptic developers or representatives have alluded to a "ranged" class being ready soon, or when they said Drow being available after 60 days. They were not concise with the information they put out to the public. Soon does not mean 4+ months. When I hear soon, I think near-future. When your momma told you when you were a kid that dinner would be ready soon, you didnt think she meant 8 hours from then.
    And if they meant 60 days from OFFICIAL launch, they should have been explicit in that regard. Saying Hero Founder's will have Menzoberranzan Renegades for 60 days before other people; we've had them for 60 days. This Open Beta Test phase has been a soft launch. Everyone acknowledges that. I've said this before; Cryptic used it as an umbrella do some public QA, without having to pay actual QA testers. They let us do it for free. Hell, WE PAID THEM to let us QA their game for them.
  • Options
    jarsennjarsenn Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    AMEN
    this is what happens when you guys have to have stinking pvp in a game. It causes all kinds of issues with balancing. I totally despise pvp. It has no place in a regular game.

I got news for you pal, in mmorpgs, pvp IS part of a regular game. Maybe YOU should find another game type perhaps then.
  • Options
    tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As long as the consumer base swallows this type of behavior from gaming companies It will only get worse.
  • Options
    zikkszikks Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The fact they spent time and effort on PvP in a D&D based game instead of content and classes is a travesty IMO. Both my friends that got me into this game have quit already from lack of classes and story lines with no info on when more is coming.
  • Options
    whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You said it brother.

I love the game, I do, but unless at least one new class comes, OR a new paragon path for all the current classes, then I can't see this game retaining the sort of population people are hoping for past August.

Cryptic's motto is that it's okay to have few classes because they are really good classes. This is true, but in order for this to be completely true, we're going to need new paragon path choices.
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will wait paitiently for the Bard to show up as a class. And when it does, well.... let's say it'll be enemies getting a taste of my Fat Lute. :)
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    You said it brother.

I love the game, I do, but unless at least one new class comes, OR a new paragon path for all the current classes, then I can't see this game retaining the sort of population people are hoping for past August.

Cryptic's motto is that it's okay to have few classes because they are really good classes. This is true, but in order for this to be completely true, we're going to need new paragon path choices.

This and you need to stop trying to funnel classes into only being wanted by groups if they play one spec and only one spec.

-Make less adds spawn in boss fights.
    -Make trash mobs do less damage.
    -Have less non-trash mobs spawning in some boss fights.
    -Create some more interesting boss mechanics that are fun rather then an add race.
    -Moderately reduce mobs damage in epic dungeons.
    -Increase gold drops so people can actually sustain their potion use.
    -Moderately buff healing potions heal amounts at higher levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrbluebirdmrbluebird Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly, there is no depth here. Class diversity is not a thing in this game. Not only that, but diversity WITHIN a class is pathetic.

This is not the D&D I grew up loving :/
  • Options
    faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Also Dps spec cleric can pact quite a punch but no one wants them. Kind of need to allow other classes to heal more effectively at higher levels.

At lower levels this is much less of an issue (ran Idris with a tank and 4 dps no problems). The damage scales up more then the heals from healing potions. Also since there is an excess of dps, they have trouble finding a group.

What's wrong with making it possible to finish higher tier epics this way? It works at lower levels why do you take it away in higher tier epics?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dragonlover982dragonlover982 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aorin84 wrote: »
    Being "Free2Play" doesn't excuse bad communication.

In several posts and interviews Cryptic developers or representatives have alluded to a "ranged" class being ready soon, or when they said Drow being available after 60 days. They were not concise with the information they put out to the public. Soon does not mean 4+ months. When I hear soon, I think near-future. When your momma told you when you were a kid that dinner would be ready soon, you didnt think she meant 8 hours from then.
    And if they meant 60 days from OFFICIAL launch, they should have been explicit in that regard. Saying Hero Founder's will have Menzoberranzan Renegades for 60 days before other people; we've had them for 60 days. This Open Beta Test phase has been a soft launch. Everyone acknowledges that. I've said this before; Cryptic used it as an umbrella do some public QA, without having to pay actual QA testers. They let us do it for free. Hell, WE PAID THEM to le
    In all my experience with beta testing both closed and open QA testing the game is part of beta testing. You agreed to give input when you found a problem even if you never turned in an issue you helped QA the game by sever load tests. I have never heard anything as asinine as we paid them to QA the game.... No you paid for vanity items during beta testing, you paid for a title, you paid for a mount etc.
    Has cryptic been slow resolving issues, yes have they been vague on releases yes. Should they release something they may have found an issue with in the new racial skin or class no. People already rake them through the fire over poor quality and rushed releases and now for once they hold off and what happens more complaints.
    I really wish more MMO players had an IQ higher than a chihuahua
    Originally Posted by iuseforum
    Game is broken. Unpatch the game
  • Options
    mizbiz1mizbiz1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Stop crying. This is a F2P game. If this were A WOW expansion then you can complain be amuse you spent loads of money. These people are working their butts off to get you FREE content and your whining? Go find another video game. It's that simple. NOBODY is asking you to stay. Sorry if this sounded rude, but that's my opinion. I can't stand having this whole forum with threads saying " this game is bad", "cryptic sucks no new class, "the new event is bad", and so on. Don't waste your time complaining when you can be playing another thing. I personally love this game. It's great IMO.
  • Options
    formidaeformidae Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mrbluebird wrote: »
    Honestly, there is no depth here. Class diversity is not a thing in this game. Not only that, but diversity WITHIN a class is pathetic.

This is not the D&D I grew up loving :/

THIS. In PnP I used to be able to make a rogue that was a stealthy ninja-like death-dealer (no teleports tho in PnP lol), a smooth talking con artist that couldn't beat up a kobold, or a trap-springing lockbusting engineer who could make traps and build/destroy just about any machine you can think of. And that's just the tip of the iceberg, and just the possibilities with rogue. Fighters were just as diverse, as was every class.

Character development is linear and lacks all but the semblance of path choices. Class progression is dull and lifeless, with only the "unlocks" (mounts, companions, etc..) giving any real sense of progress. There are only 5 classes, and two of those classes ARE THE SAME CLASS. I don't see how it wouldn't have been better to have just one fighter but be able to build them for one-handed or two-handed weapons, defense or DPS. An older game, DDO, does a much better job of recreating the diversity of D&D character creation.

To top this all off, the game itself is shallow, lacks content and depth of flavour, and seems to be primarily concerned with the hawking of various imaginary items.

I'm sorry,Cryptic/PWE, I stuck with you through STO, and I had high hopes for this game. Now, I know people don't buy the steak they buy the sizzle, but you still have to give them the steak with it. It doesn't matter how good the game looks if the content is lackluster and the game is boring.

I think I'm done with this game.
  • Options
    theacatetheacate Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mizbiz1 wrote: »
    Stop crying. This is a F2P game. If this were A WOW expansion then you can complain be amuse you spent loads of money. These people are working their butts off to get you FREE content and your whining? Go find another video game. It's that simple. NOBODY is asking you to stay. Sorry if this sounded rude, but that's my opinion. I can't stand having this whole forum with threads saying " this game is bad", "cryptic sucks no new class, "the new event is bad", and so on. Don't waste your time complaining when you can be playing another thing. I personally love this game. It's great IMO.

+1 to you!

I do have to agree with the pvp thing in this game though. No where in any of my original D&D that I grew up with we had to go toe to toe with our friends in any campaign. If we wanted to duke it out with each other then it was an actual fist fight. Even then, it wasn't even a fist fight as more of a tossing papers at the person as it was usually over some twit forgetting the munchies or drinks and then complaining they had no gas to go get some..

If Cryptic wanted to keep the original feel of the D&D gaming realm then they should have not brought PvP into this game, but sadly they did. However, there's no need to bash each other for the way someone plays a game. People play a game for entertainment. Let them enjoy it how they want. It is after all their money and time they are spending, not yours. If you don't like it... I'm sure there's some other game out there that you may enjoy more. Go have fun.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ive seen more (better) content come from the community than I have seen come from the devs. Re texturing armor models and re texturing horseys is NOT new content.
  • Options
    mizbiz1mizbiz1 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys act like this game has been going on forever. It just got out of beta lol. Stop judging so quick.
  • Options
    erethizon1erethizon1 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is what happens when you guys have to have stinking PVP in a game. It causes all kinds of issues with balancing. I totally despise PVP. It has no place in a regular game. And seriously what is so fun about blasting and killing each other in a game? I just don’t get it at all! In all seriousness, there should be PVP servers and that’s where you let those player play and worry about balance in that realm. Not in a PVE server.

Very true and so few games seem to understand this. Lord of the Rings Online got it right by making PvP classes (you play either a normal class or a monster class and that determines which team you are on). Healers do not need to be balanced with tanks because all of the monsters are on one team and all of the free peoples are on the other team. Final Fantasy XI also had the right idea with making PvP a team sport so it once again did not matter if tanks and healers were in perfect balance. Ideally there would be no PvP, but if it must exist it needs to be a team event where balance does not matter. Rather than balance the classes just make PvP "balanced" by making sure each of the teams has the exact same number of each class (so if one team has a cleric so does the other and if one team has three rogues so does the other). Then each class does not have to be balanced because the team itself is balanced.
  • Options
    izoldaizolda Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There are many things that "MUST" be in game by now, but still being "promised" (it's there in-game but can't be accessed) Multiple paragon paths is another example, it still says "more will be coming"

I mean honestly, WHEN? next year? when everyone gone?

These "broken promises" supposed to be released by the time the game out of beta, yet they're still incompleted, shame really.

I mean I don't mind if we don't get these, but WHY PROMISE PEOPLE, TEASING PEOPLE WITH WORTHLESS ICON, AND NOT DELIVER "hey look Drow is coming, NOT"

Practically, the game as a whole in players' view is incomplete. Now this vs. expansion is a completely different story. Expansion is excusable, broken promise "coming soon" is not excusable.

"We don't mind if there is no extra door, but a door that lead to an empty room rise the question of the developer's competency."

Then "WHAT'S THE PURPOSE OF ALL THE SERVER DOWNTIME IF NOT ADD ANYTHING NEW"
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is what happens when you guys have to have stinking PVP in a game. It causes all kinds of issues with balancing. I totally despise PVP. It has no place in a regular game.

MMO Developers.

Please, please, please, please, please listen to this guy.

RPGs are simply not designed for PvP.

No MMORPG out there, not even the market leader, is improved in any way by attempting to incorporate PvP alongside PvE.

The ONLY game that has come close to doing so without totally ruining PvE is LotRO, and that is because it doesn't have genuine PvP, and so avoids the need to have strict class-balance to stop the PvP whiners QQing all day long.

Dump PvP, you'll lose maybe 15% of the player base, then work like mad on having different builds for each class, put some variety in to the game without the need to worry about PvP-balance, and then watch the people who will stick with the game for the long-haul come flooding back.

Which section of the player-base do you think is most likely to be here for the long-haul? PvPers who can only handle this type of came in 5 minute segments, or PvE-ers who will engage with the game-world for the "journey", not the "destination"?

Its a no brainer.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    metabolicusmetabolicus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    learn 2 diverse, plenty to do, plenty to do... This just come out of beta?? Add friggin battlemage's psion's something 40 years of d&d and wotc banks, mmo's must cost a fortune to front lol.