test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So where are our "surprises"?

porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
From the Neverwinter facebook page:

"We're getting ready for the release of Gauntlgrym, Alchemy, and a few other surprises tomorrow when Neverwinter launches!"

So the surprises were... what now? A couple things in the zen store that we already knew about? The bone vendor disappearing? Or the lack of class/race releases?

I will admit, I am surprised.

Edit: Cryptic has clarified. The noted "surprises" are... a few more updates about a future content pack with an indeterminate date attached. So yeah. Surprise! We just got a profession and a PVP zone with subpar gear rewards that is only accessible four hours a day.
Post edited by porpoisealert on

Comments

• Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You're surprised no new class/race releases after they've told us countless times that they wouldn't be in the release?
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Very very anti-climactic. 1/10.
  • Options
    hann1bal13hann1bal13 Member Posts: 50
    edited June 2013
    You guys didn't see the new cheese vendor to complement all the whine?
  • Options
    thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    nwrogue wrote: »
    You're surprised no new class/race releases after they've told us countless times that they wouldn't be in the release?

Keep blindly defending the game, fanboys. You'll get what you want eventually, but the game will have lost most of its playerbase by then.
  • Options
    aralixaralix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 45
    edited June 2013
    hann1bal13 wrote: »
    You guys didn't see the new cheese vendor to complement all the whine?

if there was a forum karma/+1 thing i would give you that
    The truth will EAT you!
    328894f9-2005-4d27-a221-67ec37aa20f9_zpse7d8f150.jpg
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From the Neverwinter facebook page:

"We're getting ready for the release of Gauntlgrym, Alchemy, and a few other surprises tomorrow when Neverwinter launches!"

So the surprises were... what now? A couple things in the zen store that we already knew about? The bone vendor disappearing? Or the lack of class/race releases?

I will admit, I am surprised.

In my pants ? Jk , expect the unexpected D:
  • Options
    undeadcrabbundeadcrabb Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    aralix wrote: »
    if there was a forum karma/+1 thing i would give you that

they should really add a "like this post" button or something.. I kid you not :D
    Folow me on Deviant art! ;)
  • Options
    thulkoththulkoth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    Keep blindly defending the game, fanboys. You'll get what you want eventually, but the game will have lost most of its playerbase by then.

pointing out an obvious fact makes you a blind fanboy?
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    thulkoth wrote: »

Leave him be, people living in self delusion have a bit different perception of reality.
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Link a dev post please. Community moderators do not count ;)
  • Options
    aorin84aorin84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Our surprise is apparently that the module1 page got updated with the promise of new stuff even further down the line.

Please note there is no mention of new classes or paragon paths.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/furyofthefeywild
  • Options
    gerritxgerritx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Why does someone automatically yell "fanboy" if other people aren' as butthurt or ridiculously outraged by stupid things?

As for the "WHERE ARE OUR SURPRISES?"... the launch happened a couple hours ago. The day isn't over. I don't know what the special surprises will be, but seriously, grow some patience.
  • Options
    gerritxgerritx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    u wot m8? man i will shove your keyboard so far up your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that whoever pulls it out will be the next king of camelot

Dang that made me laugh.
  • Options
    weezle1wt1weezle1wt1 Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    This is our surprise. We waiting for release to see new classes and patchs and we get nothing.

R U SURPRISE? lol...
  • Options
    logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yelling fanboi is the new <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    thulkoth wrote: »
    No..defending bad marketing and broken promises and not using proper reasoning in the process does.

Instead of actually addressing the issue, the original responder side-stepped it with a red herring.

The actual issue was "Where are the claimed surprises?"

Him asking about new class was merely a possible and suspected "surprise." He never said it was the actual surprise(s) that have been referenced over the past couple days by Cyrptic.

So again...

What were the promised surprises?

You can't answer that, because there were none.

And for those who say "The day isn't over" that's fine...but then again, that's just defending misleading phrasing.

https://www.facebook.com/NeverWinterGame
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    u wot m8? man i will shove your keyboard so far up your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> that whoever pulls it out will be the next king of camelot

Internet tough guy, wussy in RL. That's a lock
  • Options
    daschernachtdaschernacht Member Posts: 100
    edited June 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    Link a dev post please. Community moderators do not count ;)

Yes, I want to see the "Star's" remarks, not the fluffers.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Something that never ceases to amaze... internet whining and complaining about mistaken promises.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    gerritx wrote: »
    Why does someone automatically yell "fanboy" if other people aren' as butthurt or ridiculously outraged by stupid things?

As for the "WHERE ARE OUR SURPRISES?"... the launch happened a couple hours ago. The day isn't over. I don't know what the special surprises will be, but seriously, grow some patience.

Oooh, I can't wait for the surprise! Is it the new Chicken Slayer class? A unicorn costume? A cake? Mmmm... cake... *drools*
  • Options
    tarsiar13tarsiar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cakes are a lie it was cookies and milk :o
  • Options
    apokalupsis2012apokalupsis2012 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Something that never ceases to amaze... internet whining and complaining about mistaken promises.
    Something that never ceases to amaze me...is the lack of proper reasoning so many people exhibit today.

Inquiring about a promise is not synonymous with "whining and complaining" about it.

Furthermore, in order to know that the promise was "mistaken" (which is an odd phrasing btw), it means you have to possess some knowledge about the promises and the content intended or mistaken to be a surprise. It's doubtful you are actually in such a position to have such knowledge. So you claiming it is a "mistaken promise" is either unlikely to correspond to reality and/or simply unfounded.
  • Options
    porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013

I seriously doubt that there will be another patch halfway through the day to give us a surprise.
  • Options
    winceharder1winceharder1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A free respec would have at least been nice, nothing good happened. Even the respec deal went away.
  • Options
    alignmentsalignments Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Even the respec deal went away.

The Zen store sale? That was always set to end with launch, but the sale items had their prices permanently lowered, to slightly more than the sale prices had been.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    alignmentsalignments Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A free respec would have at least been nice, nothing good happened. Even the respec deal went away.
    They gave it to you early. It came last week.
  • Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Something that never ceases to amaze me...is the lack of proper reasoning so many people exhibit today.

Inquiring about a promise is not synonymous with "whining and complaining" about it.

Furthermore, in order to know that the promise was "mistaken" (which is an odd phrasing btw), it means you have to possess some knowledge about the promises and the content intended or mistaken to be a surprise. It's doubtful you are actually in such a position to have such knowledge. So you claiming it is a "mistaken promise" is either unlikely to correspond to reality and/or simply unfounded.

Keep trying to validate your incessant complaints by replying to everyone that says you are a whiner, that will clear it all up. I guess you already had all the new details about module 1. You must have known about weapon smithing and artifice professions as well.

Some people are so determined to be jerks.... sickening really.
  • Options
    winceharder1winceharder1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's fine just surprised no free one to go with the launch.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    tarsiar13 wrote: »
    cakes are a lie it was cookies and milk :)

no cake? :(

*bursts in tears* whaaaa! I want cake!
This discussion has been closed.