Install Arc
Options

300 bones, still no blue dog drop.

Comments

• Options
    canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    mamatank wrote: »
    This event was an opportunity for the developers to turn my quickly souring opinion of the game. Everyone that participated in the event and spend a decent amount of time protecting the city should have been rewarded with the nice glowy companion.

Instead, if you got lucky, then you get something nice. If you weren't lucky then you wasted a dozen or so hours and got nothing. Instead of giving me hope that they care about me, the event just reinforced that I have been right to decide there are better video games that are more worthy of my time, run by developers eager to reward me for my efforts.

K byee~~~~ one less for the lag awesome...
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mamatank wrote: »
    This event was an opportunity for the developers to turn my quickly souring opinion of the game. Everyone that participated in the event and spend a decent amount of time protecting the city should have been rewarded with the nice glowy companion.

Instead, if you got lucky, then you get something nice. If you weren't lucky then you wasted a dozen or so hours and got nothing. Instead of giving me hope that they care about me, the event just reinforced that I have been right to decide there are better video games that are more worthy of my time, run by developers eager to reward me for my efforts.

Didn't you get enchantments dropping non stop at the event ? There is your reward , the skeleton dog drop is an extra and rare .
  • Options
    oldbuggaoldbugga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I gave up and just gave dogs (white) away along with all the 1 and 2 enchants and bags and scrolls. Given away to random people (and boy were they surprised and skeptical at first) 3 dogs, 130 enchants, 40 bags and a heap of scrolls. As a CW I think we had an unfair advantage in these types of fights with all our AOE and CC stuff. I felt a bit thingy (technical term) actually at having to pick up so many drops....felt pleased giving it away though.
    The older I get....the better I was
  • Options
    qinnuxqinnux Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    soooo.... u want a cookie for it now or what?
  • Options
    whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've opened 200-300 bags. I slept 5 hours, managed to play all day. Got one dog, didn't get another for ages.

Got two more as of a few hours ago. The wife is on her 6th or 7th dog now.
  • Options
    hocuspocushocuspocus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    9 blue dogs total. Only 3 during phase 2, and the rest in phase 3. Loved this event.
  • Options
    ladisealadisea Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I missed this event. Sad face.... But life comes first.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    really? 9 dogs? im hitting 400+ bones and only got 1 2 days ago ffs.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hocuspocus wrote: »
    9 blue dogs total. Only 3 during phase 2, and the rest in phase 3. Loved this event.
    I'm jelly :c
  • Options
    frontfootfrontfoot Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Took me over 400 (over 200 bags) to get my first (and only) dog and saw a guildy say it took them over 600 bones - RNG :(
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Around 160 bones and still no blue drop here either.

IMO their should have been two options in the store.

40 bones for a White purchase
    80 bones for a Blue purchase
    and a super rare random (end event reward) of a Purple.

That way while everyone worked for a purple they would have atleast dot a White or Blue. I mean in the two days I have been running the portal camping loot how many times I could have run a DD instead, all in the hopes for a Blue companion that isn't that special anyways.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    80 for blue would flood markets - it should be rather at 200 bones.

So roughly 300 bags = 1 rare this far (first day of the event). That makes it like ~0.4% drop rate
  • Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got one at like 10 bags or something :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    qinnux wrote: »
    80 for blue would flood markets - it should be rather at 200 bones.

So roughly 300 bags = 1 rare this far (first day of the event). That makes it like ~0.4% drop rate

80 was an estimate. I could have lived with 100-200 somewhere average around 150. Don't want to set it to high I mean it is only a blue after all.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well I'm not going to be able to play again until after the event ends I am sure. So even if they put it in the vendor I am screwed there too since I bought some extra white dogs for my alts.

On top of not being able to play much during the work week, the fact that we're getting hundreds of bones but not a single blue dog is extremely annoying for some of us. Especially when we see people selling multiple blue dogs on the AH.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have no idea how many bags I opened, but I've collected between 400-600 bones. Managed to get 5 dogs, wife got 8.

So close to mount now, exciting.
  • Options
    teircenteircen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oldbugga wrote: »
    I gave up and just gave dogs (white) away along with all the 1 and 2 enchants and bags and scrolls. Given away to random people (and boy were they surprised and skeptical at first) 3 dogs, 130 enchants, 40 bags and a heap of scrolls. As a CW I think we had an unfair advantage in these types of fights with all our AOE and CC stuff. I felt a bit thingy (technical term) actually at having to pick up so many drops....felt pleased giving it away though.

That was generous of you. Thank you for being kind about it.

I'm not sure if it was like this from the start but at least from half way through phase 2 it didn't matter if you killed anything as to whether you got bones or not. It's possible it was like this from the start but I only noticed half way through so that's all I can really attest to. The bag of bones drop have a chance to drop whenever the hulks or wights die and you don't even have to damage them. You just have to be nearby and you get it. Whoever kills them (you or someone else) you only get a chance at the bones and often you only get an enchantment (usually a 2, 3, or 4 from them). Other than that it only matters if you damage/kill zombies to get extra enchantment drops.

So CWs do have an advantage in that if they time it right they can get more enchantment drops. At first, when I thought kills for bags mattered I was a little frustrated. Then once I realized you can literally stand there and do nothing at all and get just as many bags of bones I actually sought out battles with multiple CWs. The faster the area is cleared the more spawns there are and the more chances for hulks and wights to come up. The more hulks/wights dropped the more chances for bags to drop. So lots of CWs clearing trash and plenty of people doing their parts to drop hulks/wights and clearing stragglers as fast as possible gives everyone the best chance of bags of bones.

My favorite is when you get a good group in the middle of the sage shop and bank locations pulling everything to a spot in between the two. They're close enough to do that and you can get a lot more big spawns that way. Unfortunately that takes actual coordination and people usually don't actually coordinate it so it's rare.
  • Options
    seldoniapseldoniap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    *shrug* Got mine last night after about 20 bags opened. Not sure if it was the last bag given or one I looted but it was in the bag with a bone piece.

Random is random I suppose. Sucks that some out there have had such trouble getting the Blue puppy.

It's my understanding last night was the last of this event, is that correct? I'm so not up on these things.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    seldoniap wrote: »
    Random is random I suppose. Sucks that some out there have had such trouble getting the Blue puppy.

It's my understanding last night was the last of this event, is that correct? I'm so not up on these things.

yes RNG is complete ***** some times.

No, the event ends some time today. I did two portals before leaving for work this morning...of course...no blue dog.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Well the portal event has ended. I think I got over 200+ bones.. no blue dog.... ::sad eyes::
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well the portal event has ended. I think I got over 200+ bones.. no blue dog.... ::sad eyes::
    According to the main post, the event doesn't end for 2 more hours...so you have 2 more hours worth of frustration.
  • Options
    healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    Got it after few stacks of bones!

I'm so happy!!
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    xelliz wrote: »
    According to the main post, the event doesn't end for 2 more hours...so you have 2 more hours worth of frustration.

Well the servers are down for maintenance and won't be up till like 8:00 or 8:30.. so at most I got 30 minutes to 1 hour.
  • Options
    nikitaoznikitaoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This event went from disaster to dog hunt. I liked it after it was fixed.
    I hope something like that will be in the future. Just more complicated maybe.

And don't cry about the dog. You will have a chance to get something better later.
  • Options
    teircenteircen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Event runs until 9am (pst) but patching starts just prior to it more or less. That's just... peculiar. Would have made more sense to end the event when patching began.

RNG is supposed to be random but it's hard to believe sometimes. Particularly when you see some people getting 5 blue dog drops in 100 bags and others opening 400-600 bags with no dog. Yes, it's entirely possible. You could, in theory, have 100 people get it on their first bag with a 1 in 500 chance and have someone else open 20,000 bags and still never get it. That's what random chance can do but it just seems odd when I've seen a good number of people going on about multiple dogs relatively quickly and others opening lots more bags and never seeing it drop. I discount all the "I got one real quick" because one dog early on is well within random chance. It just gets less and less likely when certain accounts get them fast and others never seem to be able to. I certainly don't think there's anything malicious going on it just starts to seem less like true randomness and more like a flaw in the code somewhere that predisposes some accounts to more luck than others. Then again it's not like I've actually seen the code and it _is_ still possible it's entirely random chance.
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oldbugga wrote: »

why did you give them all away? just curious... :-)
  • Options
    redscarecrowredscarecrow Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hello. I've been playing Neverwinter off and on, to be honest, I've been playing more than usual recently because of the 'End of Beta' Event. To wrap up my point, I experienced the first few waves of Phase 2 of the event. I have seen that the rewards for the event went from bones to bags of bones. Every now and then I go to town and do an event for about an hour ever since the second version of Phase 2, which is when the portals spawn every ten minutes. I have collected the enchantments from drops and bags of bones from the more difficult enemies, such as the hulk, and now recently Unhallowed Wight. I have given many bags and stones to a few players, so in total, at this current time of typing, I have opened about enough bags to collect 200+ bones plus and about 250-300+ stones of Rank 1, 2, 3, and 4 Savage Stone Enchantments altogether. I currently don't receive bags of bones as rewards for the event. I instead receive regular enchantments, rank 3 to be specific. I noticed that after a few rounds I would get a message that I would get Silvery Enchantments rank 3 after each event round, but when I check my in-game inventory I didn't receive any such enchantment. I also checked my bank in-game and found no extra stones in there as well. I would like to ask, is there a limit to the rewarding system for the portal patrol event? I currently already have a rare(blue) dog, and have spent plenty of bones. I am not sure if doing something prevents me from receiving bags of bones, or maybe they updated the rewarding system. This story is the same for another person, they don't receive bags of bones anymore. In order to collect bags of bones we both need to get them as drops from the hulks and Wights. I don't know how the % for drops and loot works for the event, if it helps with the math wiz's who calculate that kind of stuff, I didn't get the dog. The other player I mentioned found two of the rare dogs in 8 bags worth of bones and gave me one. So maybe if no one else is having this problem with loot, I am suggesting that once you have the rare dog, you don't need or no longer have to receive bags, as that is where you get the rare dog from. However I have not been playing Neverwinter for as long as other players to know for sure. But as a responsible player, I think it is wise to mention this to the forums that I am no longer receiving "normal" loot that was once expected for the past 24 hours for doing the portal patrol event, since this is a "Beta" and all, just wanted to make sure that the reward system is not functioning properly or to find out that its working the way its suppose to, to prevent players from getting specific items too many times. Thank you.
  • Options
    juanzq88juanzq88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    with the GF i have like 150 bags and not dog, i log in with my GWF and in the firts bag i open there it was the blue dog.... only 1 bag with my alt, almost not have my blue dog, is for fashion only
  • Options
    fogmadevildjinnfogmadevildjinn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ive opened about 30~40 Bag of Bones and got 5 Skeletal Dogs (rare quality) so far. About 7 white ones bought with bones.
    Bad math... 40 bags will get you enough bones to buy 3 white dogs at the max 3 bones per bag... so... either you haven't bought 7 white ones or you've opened hella more than 40 bags, lol
  • Options
    wildgerwildger Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had the impression that killing a wraith may increase your chance of getting a blue dog. I was trying hard last nite and no luck until I timed my AoE spelll for a wraith at its end of life. I got a box sitting at my character's feet. I thought that it had a different color but I was not certain. Too many things happening at the same time. At the end, I opened the bag and got my one and only blue dog. The downside is that it happened right after I traded in 40 bones for a white dog.