test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

300 bones, still no blue dog drop.

teircenteircen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
300 bones, no blue dog yet. I'm not super-elite so I expect there are plenty of others with even worse odds so far.
I really don't like the odds on this portal event. :(

Any idea if the vendor will stick around past the noon PST window?
It'd be a real shame to be holding off on buying a white skeletal dog in hopes of getting a blue one then have the vendor yanked before I have a chance.
Post edited by teircen on

Comments

• nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, random is random LOL. My girlfriend got a Blue dog the second portal she did... -_-
    I saved up enough for the regular dog...

I'd imagine he'll stick around for a short time after the event, but I don't have any evidence.
  • ctowersctowers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 73
    edited June 2013
    Some Guildees said they just appear in your inventory after an event others say its from opening bags. Random though.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    RNG hates you clearly , I got my blue dog form like 15 bag of bones .
  • kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why is a striker pet so special anyway ?
  • teircenteircen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    From what I've read the original event end "was" a bag, it just auto-opened for you so it looked like you were just getting bones. Not sure but sounds reasonable enough. Everyone I've heard of getting one got them from either a bag of bones drop or from the end of the event which if it was a bag being auto-opened before just makes sense that they always come from bags.

The only thing particularly special about them is that, currently at least, you only get to have them if you participated in this event. So it's sort of a "Hey I was there before it went live" souvenir. If I don't get the blue drop I'll buy the white vendor pet just to have it but I really don't need to buy the white vendor pet and then get a blue drop and have one I don't need or want at all (the white one). I'm holding out to the end before I go that route.

Random is definitely random. It's just frustrating when you've put so much effort into it (playing only these events since they started) and being just "unlucky". It'd be nice if they at least had an option to buy from the vendor even if it was overpriced. If you sit there long enough to participate for 3 days and accumulate 300+ bones it'd be a sort of reward for dedication at least. As rare as it is currently people just luck into getting them and then you see a lot being sold at high prices in auction. The prices are fair enough (supply and demand does work) but it's unnecessarily rare. As it is... even if I got the drop now I'm getting burned out enough on playing that if I do get it I'll probably take a break from any serious game play for a while from burn out.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    I thought the vendor allowed you to buy one with enough bones.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not played today, still at work. Dont tell my boss, that im wasting time on the forums. But after two days and 200ish bones. Im in the same boat, no silly vanity pet. Hopefully ill have better luck tonight on stage 3.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cry me a river cry me cry me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zombieelviszombieelvis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yep, I've got the same bad luck.

RNG is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • teircenteircen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    "QQ oh, I'm so sad I didn't get the random pet. Woe is me! I shall quit this gave forever."

Lol... right. I'm just commenting on the frustration level of this event. It's all sorts of bugged to begin with. At least this, the third round, has a mob big enough that it doesn't die the moment it spawns. A bit more interesting finally. Which isn't to say it isn't the most grindy thing I've seen here and definitely risks burning people out. Me, I'll take a break for a while from anything of any real content. I may log in but that's only for daily tokens and maybe chat a little but my time (and money) will likely go to another game for a while to take a break. No crying, just honest feedback.

The concept was a decent one. I just would have liked to see it pulled off a little differently as would a good deal of people judging by the number of comments to that effect.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The vendor sells the white quality version. The blue quality version comes out of the bags.
    edited June 2013

The vendor allows you to buy a (white) pet, caps at lvl 15. There's a chance to get a (blue) version of the pet inside the bag of bones that drop when a hulk or wight is killed. Higher level cap.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got 3 so far, 2 from bags another from IDK it was just in my inventory.

it's random.

I logged on my cleric (lv 30) to get mail and the portal by the AH was open, ran up and tossed like 1-2 spells then it ended. got 1 bag from the end event, opened it -bam blue dog.

random
  • pelomixapelomixa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    buy a white one, save it for an alt?
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ive opened about 30~40 Bag of Bones and got 5 Skeletal Dogs (rare quality) so far. About 7 white ones bought with bones.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Very rough average... I'd say I've gotten 80 bags so far. No dogs yet.
  • dourhelmdourhelm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have gotten two so far.
  • vespera33vespera33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got mine for participating in the event yesterday. Since my laptop couldn't handle the Aoe spam-fest, I swiched to the instance with about 10 people - had the portal all for myself twice. After the second time the dog (blue) was in my inventary, but the message from the event (x key one) showed only bones. I went to the Whispering Coverns later, and took part in the mineral contest. After it ended the message poped up and it showed the rewards from both - enchantments and the Valindra minions bones + blue dog (and no, I didn't get a second one).
    edited June 2013
    400 bones, still no luck. blyech.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gotten a couple of rare dogs, but took 2 days of grinding.
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I've been grinding it since the start as time permits. It's just random is all. Total grind-fest with no guarantee of actually getting what you're after.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was lucky enough to get mine on the first day. Unfortunately the other 2 days I've not had much luck. I've just opened 100 bags (from just today so far) at once for no dog. I'm happy to have the one I got. I did grind a LOT though so think I deserve a 2nd one :D. We'll see...
  • onehappygnadeonehappygnade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if this helps or not, but whenever I open a lot of them at one time, it seems to help. I got 4 at different points when opening like 15 at once.
  • grimmestmercygrimmestmercy Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I opened 60 bags at once today, two dropped right away, then nothing after that. I didn't get any dropped when the portals were opening 2x an hour, hardly any bags either. Took all morning grinding every five minutes to get those 60 bags. And the blue dog isn't on fire, which is why I wanted it in the first place :{
    edited June 2013
    You have to level up the dog for it to gain the fire effect.
  • flatfootsamflatfootsam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. But i have a army of normal skelly dogs in the bank. In three years time when supply runs out i'm gonna be Rich! :)
    The lost Halflings~Code:NW-DC5DGPFJR
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here. But i have a army of normal skelly dogs in the bank. In three years time when supply runs out i'm gonna be Rich! :)

Heh.

(Hmm, that reminds me... need to log onto Star Trek again, and see about selling some of the two dozen winter jackets I've got stashed away....:p)
    edited June 2013
    I don't know if this helps or not, but whenever I open a lot of them at one time, it seems to help. I got 4 at different points when opening like 15 at once.

That would have to be some weird coding or a totally borked RNG. Doable, yes, but an awfully weird way to deal with it.
    I'm just opening them after each fight (1-4 bags each time, averaging about 2 per fight) so that if I ever do get it I can be free of the grind.
    edited June 2013
    Finally... a bit over 500 bones before I finally got the blue dog drop.
  • mamatankmamatank Member Posts: 52
    edited June 2013
    This event was an opportunity for the developers to turn my quickly souring opinion of the game. Everyone that participated in the event and spend a decent amount of time protecting the city should have been rewarded with the nice glowy companion.

Instead, if you got lucky, then you get something nice. If you weren't lucky then you wasted a dozen or so hours and got nothing. Instead of giving me hope that they care about me, the event just reinforced that I have been right to decide there are better video games that are more worthy of my time, run by developers eager to reward me for my efforts.