What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.3.20130529z.14

Comments

• Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good thing you can skip straight to the final boss, eh? Good thing your lazy fix the invisible wall didn't work and people still glitch through the window. Good thing you guys have banned everyone exploiting this non-stop every day and every night.

This game itself is trivial when Cryptic can't patch their game properly and allows botters / exploiters run wild.

Have to agree that this is irritating. It's painful obvious, but some other glitches (pirates etc.) have been patched without mention in the changelog as well. So let's wait and see.
  • Options
    erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ranguren wrote: »
    why not instead of this:
    • Several mailboxes have been added to Protector's Enclave. They work just like the Postal Courier for the purpose of taking items from mail, and show up as Postal Courier on the map.

added to main campfire at all maps?

Protector's Enclave teleport scroll AD sink.
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • Options
    kentlordkentlord Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone know how big the patch is going to be this time? 3GB last time nearly killed me as I had just moved house and had to tether from my phone xD
  • Options
    osstasosstas Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    have when translated into Spanish, so I think that speaking more than the French and German together
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yay for more fixes. Boo 'cause once again the time i decided to login and play is the time the maintenance falls within xD
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• Options
    rogueofcamelotrogueofcamelot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How long is the sever down for does anyone know? Is anyone else even having this problem?
  • Options
    avornielavorniel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kentlord wrote: »
    Does anyone know how big the patch is going to be this time? 3GB last time nearly killed me as I had just moved house and had to tether from my phone xD

about 567mb so not that big

:)
  • Options
    avornielavorniel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    How long is the sever down for does anyone know? Is anyone else even having this problem?

tells you on the launcher the duration of the downtime 14.00 -15.30 UTC for me that's 15.00 - 16.30 UK time or 07.00 -08.30 am PDT
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    567mb and it seems to be DLing pretty fast.
    kentlord wrote: »
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    xiaglachelxiaglachel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can someone awnser my question plz :p
    Now they are doing patch i cant even open launcher is it normal our not xD:p
  • Options
    kentlordkentlord Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cheers guys :) Thanks for the size update
  • Options
    zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ujavcad wrote: »
    and by prioritizing you mean: "fix my problems first" ?

I think he had a valid point when he said they should have prioritized the CW spell/feat/gear bugs and other classes as well. One would think they are a bit more important for game play than a few mailboxes or the visual effect of a portal explosion.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Looks like PW learned from the previous patch to have more bandwidth, the 567mb patch dled in about 30 secs.

No patch for the GF armor sets though.
    RdBVncl.jpg
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    misskatonicmisskatonic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    IKR? I was thinking the same thing (well not the catapult / gremlin part, although that's pretty cool XD). But it WOULD be nice to have even one mailbox in each zone, maybe at a centrally-located campfire location or whatever. Not a huge deal in the big scheme of things, but it would be awesomely convenient! (*Sigh* Sorry, insufficient coffee intake lol, this was a reply to flyingfinn. Forum...I'm doing it wrong...anyway, more mailboxes in Protector's Enclave is great - having some in other places would be sweet too!)
  • Options
    kellumzkellumz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the RP part, yeah it would be nice to have the mailboxes in each zone. As for the CW, they will get to it. For now, I am just buying better gear for my CW and ranking up a Cleric and TR in the mean time. People need to stop getting so pissy about not getting what they want done in a patch and just wait patiently.
  • Options
    billywestbillywest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cichard wrote: »
    mine completes my set bonus.....
    Mate, it glitches when you have armor pieces pre patch (lvl 42,52,58) and try to make a set with lvl60 pieces after patch
    Example my stalwarts shows 3/4 for chest,gauntlet,helm and 1/4 for greaves because i had it pre patch and its lvl52
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Good thing you can skip straight to the final boss, eh? Good thing your lazy fix the invisible wall didn't work and people still glitch through the window. Good thing you guys have banned everyone exploiting this non-stop every day and every night.

This game itself is trivial when Cryptic can't patch their game properly and allows botters / exploiters run wild.

Fully agree. The most annoying thing is we can't even blame exploiters for what they do. Why is this? It is because the very nature of most mmo's players is to spend their time efficiently in order to progress. Considering prices of CN gear are dropping everyday, since the exploit became well known, all players trying to do the dungeon 100% legitimately are disadvantaged to the rest, because their time/reward ratio is pathetic compared to people who use shortcuts (most). This is how economy forces people to behaviors they wouldn't show otherwise.

It is developers fault that they were not able to fix this serious exploits so players doing this dungeon legitimately could receive items, which value is corresponding to the time/skill/effort put to get them.

At this state of the game if they moved their banhammer towards people exploiting CN they would have to ban majority of lvl 60's. Quick look at zone chat makes me sure of that. Many people would get banned because Cryptic was unable to fix their stuff for weeks...Someone should get banned but there in Cryptic...
  • Options
    healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Devoted Cleric

Astral Shield's visual effects are now less overwhelming.

Yup hop off astral shield devs, obviously hate clerics, seriously the visual effect was fine.
  • Options
    dragonmage2010dragonmage2010 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have noticed that the main currencies in the game are AD and gold/silver/copper but I don't see much point in the gold/silver/copper currency. I mean other than buying common profession stuff and potions there isn't much use for it. Is there a plan to be able to put the collection of gold/sliver/copper to more use for other things more signifcant?
  • Options
    healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    Thank you for fixing the event's lag!
  • Options
    violetstarvioletstar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    extra mailboxes are nice, but wish they were in all zones, not just enclave
  • Options
    shadydeelershadydeeler Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    just wondering if this patch will fix the problem that multiple people are experiencing which is server lagg. ever since the patch was released people including me have been experiencing this frustrating disconnection. i wouldn't mind it if it was every once in a while.. but it is every 15-25 seconds it happens. its not my computer i know that for sure, it played perfect before that patch. it will either freeze you character till it connects (which you usually die due being in the middle of a battle) or it will disconnect you. while this is happening a message at the top in red says something like reconnecting to server (5.89ms) or whatever. wondering if this problem that seemed to be caused by that patch that was released will be fixed anytime soon to be honest. i would really like to start playing the game again and not have to be frozen every 25 sec and die. thank you
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Dazzling Blades (and Master Duelists 4p set bonus as i heard) still doesnt work

better introduce some more bugs befor fixing the old ones, keeps you busy :)
  • Options
    lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    There's about 50 CW bugs, but thank god we got that Karrundax cut-scene issue addressed.
  • Options
    theliethesametheliethesame Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I got +0 armor pen as a GWF.
  • Options
    baelzedenbaelzeden Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've downloaded the patch, been into game, seeing a small improvement when running around Protector's Enclave reguarding the portal event lag but I'm still lagging rubberbanding in other areas due to it, some even worse like pvp arenas and Trade of Blades.
    I don't know if it's because I'm in Australia but I know some others in Australia and nearby asian countries and it seems to me we are suffering this lag issue worse than others.
    Losing faith real fast at this point.
  • Options
    wintersbornwintersborn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Where are the Free FEAT respec's ?
    You nerfed classes too hard and destroyed most FEAT paths.
    I will go play Rift for free until you pull your head out and give FULL respec's.
  • Options
    orph1969orph1969 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I will go play Rift for free until you pull your head out and give FULL respec's.

When you respec your powers with the respec token, your feats and ability scores also reset so you can choose them again.

If that's not true any longer, please correct :)

Zerafine
    Officer - Call Of Mystra
    Neverwinter, Dragon
  • Options
    huckasexhuckasex Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    you mean the one you already got?
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    umm why would constitution grant armor penetration? that doesn't make game mechanics or d&d sense.

if you hadnt noticed, this game isnt exactly good at cleaving close to source material.
This discussion has been closed.