test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes NW.3.20130529z.14

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Patch Notes (PC)
This build is currently scheduled to go live on Tuesday June 18, at 7AM Pacific Time.

Valindra's Invasion
  • The visual effects of the exploding portals have been vastly optimized.
  • A memory leak in the visual effects of zombie attacks has been addressed.

Combat

Devoted Cleric
  • Astral Shield's visual effects are now less overwhelming.
  • Feat: Healing Step: Addressed a typo in the tooltip.
  • Feat: Sovereign Justice: Addressed a display issue with the tooltip.

Great Weapon Fighter
  • Constitution now properly increases Armor Penetration.

Guardian Fighter
  • Dexterity now properly increases Armor Penetration.

Companions
  • Another cause of players sometimes having two Companions at once has been addressed.
  • One cause of Companions being left behind in Protector's Enclave has been addressed.

Quests and Environments

Protector's Enclave
  • Several mailboxes have been added to Protector's Enclave. They work just like the Postal Courier for the purpose of taking items from mail, and show up as Postal Courier on the map.

Blacklake District
  • The Dead Rats: The gates in this instance now have a two second interaction time. This addresses an issue where multiple players could interact with the gates at once, causing them to close before they even tried to open.

Blackdagger Ruins
  • A Leaky Proposition: The quest objective now leads to all six boats. No waypoints are left behind.

Neverdeath Graveyard
  • The Undead and the Dying: There is no longer a rogue invisible wall blocking progress in the Soldier's Tomb.

Icespire Peak
  • The Frozen Heart: An area where players could jump out of the gameplay area has been patched up.

Mount Hotenow
  • Caverns of Karrundax: Karrundax has updated audio in her intro cutscene.

Castle Never
  • It is no longer quite as trivial to skip the third boss.

UI
  • The Achievements tab in the Journal UI may now be scrolled.
  • The reward window when opening boxes like the Adventurer's Reward now shows an "OK" instead of "Close" button to make it more clear that the contents of that reward will be accepted upon closing the window.
  • Zen Market: The Buy button and popup dialogs now properly take sale prices into account.

Foundry
  • "For Review" searches now have a limit of returned results in a single search.
  • When changing the type of an Encounter, the properties on the individual actors now reset. A warning message will allow authors to back out if they have second thoughts.

Gateway
  • Auctions without Bid values now display a "N/A" value in the Bid column, instead of -1.
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    therealgravecardtherealgravecard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    No fixes for CWs? Probably, most bugged class at the moment.
    Gauntlgrym Best Score - 21/2/48
  • Options
    goodbiscuitgoodbiscuit Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Loot changes have been removed from the release notes as posted on 6/14, but the rest is the same... does this mean that the new BOP changes are not being implemented? Do I have cause to hope, or is my celebration premature?
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Member Posts: 6,694 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Can we get those mailboxes to other maps also?
    Put a lil catapult and a tiny gremlin on it, so the mail can be sended to Postal Courier...
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    billywestbillywest Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So no fix for the bugged Guardian fighter sets in this one?

Ok i guess time to take a break, because i wont spend more time and resource for something i own but i can't use -.-
    Only thing left for me in game is run tier 2 with my guild and farm/get experience in the bigger dungeons and now i cant..

My lvl52 bugged stalwarts greaves that wont complete the 4 piece set with lvl60 parts after the patch "fix" has a price of 160k AD in Auction house (no matter what level), and i already run cragmire crypt about 40 times with no luck on loot

So if i want to progress i have to pay 160k AD for something i own, run another 40 times a dungeon and pray for luck,
    or log in and /emote headbutt to the nearest wall for several days till this gets fixed

No thanks
  • Options
    realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    umm why would constitution grant armor penetration? that doesn't make game mechanics or d&d sense.
  • Options
    kaerthuskaerthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When are the performance improvements coming?
  • Options
    kimbo911kimbo911 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What about the people that cant get on and play because never winter button wont work and the gameclient,exe wont even work .what about that eh!!!
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Arm Pen on Con finally working for GWFs? Phatty hell yeah bay-bay! HUZZAH!!!!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    brutallsbrutalls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No fix for Knight's Valor? This skill got 1 more bug fix that...
  • Options
    aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Much needed performance fixes for Valindra's Invasion, counting on no massive lag when portals close.

Glad that extra mailboxes are finally arriving. Less choke points in Protector's Enclave, hopefully. But we still could use some at main hubs in other zones...
    Getting rid off the invisible wall in the Neverdeath Graveyard quest will eliminate all these regular inquiries in the zone chat. Lucky new players.

I am quite baffled at Constitution increasing armor penetration for GWF, how is that even justified?
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Loot changes have been removed from the release notes as posted on 6/14, but the rest is the same... does this mean that the new BOP changes are not being implemented? Do I have cause to hope, or is my celebration premature?

It probably just means they don't feel they are ready to go yet.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    why not instead of this:
    • Several mailboxes have been added to Protector's Enclave. They work just like the Postal Courier for the purpose of taking items from mail, and show up as Postal Courier on the map.

added to main campfire at all maps?
  • Options
    jacksoonjacksoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ah c'mon i have reset whit real zen my GWF last 2 day and now they will fix the con -...- c'mon -...- so now i have to spend again 240 zen for reset it again into str con -...........- WHO WILL GIVE ME BACK MY ZEN >.<
  • Options
    codewizardcodewizard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

There was another thread above. Not certain if it addresses your question .. but here it is
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?350242-End-Game-Loot-System-Changes-Ready-for-Testing-Soon!
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    FFS are u kidding me?!?!

CW has so many many bugs with feats and powers and we dont get a single FIX?
    Im losing faith in the devs very fast now. learn to prioritize.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    ujavcadujavcad Member Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    and by prioritizing you mean: "fix my problems first" ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Castle Never

I don't get it. Can devs please explain this to me? You are fixing some minor exploit which does not brake any game's mechanic but you are leaving the most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> exploit letting players to skip HALF OF THE DUNGEON (all the way up to 2nd boss) untouched. Do you realize how broken this dungeon is at the moment? Yet you do nothing! I just don't get it...:mad:
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ejziponken wrote: »
    FFS are u kidding me?!?!

CW has so many many bugs with feats and powers and we dont get a single FIX?
    Im losing faith in the devs very fast now. learn to prioritize.

And just because you don't see bug fixes for CW doesn't mean that the devs who work on powers aren't working on it. Different people work on different things.
  • Options
    dampfplaudererdampfplauderer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Isn't con supposed to DECREASE the effect of armor penetration against you ?
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Foundry
    • "For Review" searches now have a limit of returned results in a single search.
    • When changing the type of an Encounter, the properties on the individual actors now reset. A warning message will allow authors to back out if they have second thoughts.

*blink* Does this mean the Foundry lives?!?
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Good for GWF and GF..........How about my bug? worst disadvantage u can get. ability scores aren't working...
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    furion192furion192 Member Posts: 187 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Now if they also Fix CW they'll be much stronger and the previous nerf wont change anything at all so dont fix CW xD. Also GF is the strongest now in PvP coz of the block and their high def which is normal but whats not normal is their damage is decent and be like a tank rogue and most of the time dominates 1v1 fights from my experience.
    SIGNATURE
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    billywest wrote: »
    So no fix for the bugged Guardian fighter sets in this one?

Ok i guess time to take a break, because i wont spend more time and resource for something i own but i can't use -.-
    Only thing left for me in game is run tier 2 with my guild and farm/get experience in the bigger dungeons and now i cant..

My lvl52 bugged stalwarts greaves that wont complete the 4 piece set with lvl60 parts after the patch "fix" has a price of 160k AD in Auction house (no matter what level), and i already run cragmire crypt about 40 times with no luck on loot

So if i want to progress i have to pay 160k AD for something i own, run another 40 times a dungeon and pray for luck,
    or log in and /emote headbutt to the nearest wall for several days till this gets fixed

No thanks
    mine completes my set bonus.....
  • Options
    neverwinterrogueneverwinterrogue Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really hope that this update will fix the problems which rogues have right now. The feat "Dazzling Blades" is broken, and the Master Duelist set doesn't give the set bonus if you wear 4 parts of it, because the cooldowntime reduction is broken. Please... thanks!
  • Options
    cichardcichard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    furion192 wrote: »
    Now if they also Fix CW they'll be much stronger and the previous nerf wont change anything at all so dont fix CW xD. Also GF is the strongest now in PvP coz of the block and their high def which is normal but whats not normal is their damage is decent and be like a tank rogue and most of the time dominates 1v1 fights from my experience.

thankfullly pvp isnt designed around 1v1 but team play....
  • Options
    bedwyerbedwyer Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    CW needs some fixin', but not so much in power. The shield is too squishy, couldn't you make it stronger or more like stoneskin? More aggro makes it more interesting for us CW's. The hits don't take long to knock us down though. A strong shield only makes sense. The current shield doesn't seem to deflect much damage. The 12 second cooldown on shield is too long, at least In my opinion, when we use it as an attack, we are left running in circles for the 12 seconds trying to survive until we can cast shield again.
    Silverhand
  • Options
    j0shi82j0shi82 Member Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nothing to fix the GF sets?

:(
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any idea if the change to Arm Pen on GWF/Con and GF/Dex is additive or multiplicative?
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Castle Never

Good thing you can skip straight to the final boss, eh? Good thing your lazy fix the invisible wall didn't work and people still glitch through the window. Good thing you guys have banned everyone exploiting this non-stop every day and every night.

This game itself is trivial when Cryptic can't patch their game properly and allows botters / exploiters run wild.
  • Options
    dakemansdakemans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    owh come on... why companion rank 15 still have 75 attack damage [cooldown 2 second] and 200 attack damage [cooldown 8s] and still in that condition even i upgrade their equipment to very rare item ... i'm don't see the difference before and after major patch... are you serious for fixing companion??? or you forget it ?? or must i buy very rare companion that can RIP my Money ??

, just Please Fix Companion attack Damage...
This discussion has been closed.