Install Arc
Options

Edit: Foundry Editing is back up!

Comments

• Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    avistar001 wrote: »
    I just want my foundry back. *sniffles* "Don't make me put on the sad puppy eyes... Ill do it!"

Well, there's always Star Trek Online's Foundry. Fewer functions and flexibility (you can't make your own premade interior maps apparently), but it's something. Right? RIGHT?!?
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait!

Hold on!

Did I just see a...

Did you just see that...

Some fool rolled out the
    giantdude wrote: »
    This is still beta

excuse!!!!

HAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahaha!

ROFL.

I have a Martian egg you might be interested in buying, well actually its free, you can have it for nothing, but its $15 every time you want to look at it, and $25 every time you want to touch it.

LOL.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lonnehart wrote: »
    Well, there's always Star Trek Online's Foundry. Fewer functions and flexibility (you can't make your own premade interior maps apparently), but it's something. Right? RIGHT?!?
    That's been down since they introduced their last expansion, in May... http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=727081 and http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=731571
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That's been down since they introduced their last expansion.

Now there's a headache. On to the next suggestion. Download Unity 3D Game Development system (don't remember the exact name) and dabble with that. Or you can do what I'm doing... watching Stuart Ashen's videos and wondering why the British guy hasn't gone insane from reviewing all that "tat" (whatever that means) yet... :)

Come to think of it... why exactly are BOTH Foundries down? And when will that superhero game get its own Foundry?

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah. I wouldn't play this game free without Foundry.

As it is, Foundry (and ONLY Foundry) encouraged me to put $80 into this game so far.

And while it's pretty much the only UGC game in town, long enough and I'll start finding my thrills elsewhere.

I'm VERY happy that I gave up on STO Foundry a while back, because a month+ outage... Jeebus.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    adran07adran07 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So... apparently people assumed by "boycott" I meant in response to the foundry being down. WTF? I was talking about them trying to make us pay for a bunch of Foundry features. Can you honestly say most of you would PAY for that? Cause I sure as hell wouldn't. THAT is what I would boycott.
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adran07 wrote: »
    So... apparently people assumed by "boycott" I meant in response to the foundry being down. WTF? I was talking about them trying to make us pay for a bunch of Foundry features. Can you honestly say most of you would PAY for that? Cause I sure as hell wouldn't. THAT is what I would boycott.

But that hasn't happened yet. I sure as heck hope it doesn't happen, but if it does I will be out of here. For $20 I have a different game that plays online or offline, with free, full tools to create content and mods (very good tools that work offline) and doesn't try to micro-transaction me to death beyond the up front price.

I'd really like to see Cryptic keep the Foundry tools and updates to them free.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure they'll stay free. Especially if the quests created within are what attract customers to the game, giving the people running the Zstore more opportunities to pander their wares.

• Options
    cyguard1cyguard1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Now there's a headache. On to the next suggestion. Download Unity 3D Game Development system (don't remember the exact name) and dabble with that. Or you can do what I'm doing... watching Stuart Ashen's videos and wondering why the British guy hasn't gone insane from reviewing all that "tat" (whatever that means) yet... :)

Come to think of it... why exactly are BOTH Foundries down? And when will that superhero game get its own Foundry?

I've used the Unity SDK, as well as UDK and Cryengine. Of the three, Cryengine is the better bet, but UDK is more forgiving on ease of use. Unity comes with assets you can use and some that need to be purchased, the others are limited and you really need a good modeling proggy like Max, Maya, or Blender to make assets. The foundry is the easiest and most user friendly there is. Which makes it so much of a ***** because its down. If I wanted to make my own game, I would spend hours in Cry Engine and work on my own MMO style game. :confused:
    Foundry Designs: Once a Dungeon Master, always a Dungeon Master.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'd make my own as well. However, it'd be a combination of Neverwinter and Champions Online. The theme? Fantastic Super Robots, complete with Rocket Punches, combining teams, huge powerful Blazing Swords, transforming vehicles, etc... And it'd be freakishly customizable. Even better... If I could afford the extra service, players would be able to order toy versions of their ingame characters. :)

Okay... I should switch coffees. Yuban makes my imagination center go on overdrive.... O_O

• Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    cyguard1 wrote: »
    I've used the Unity SDK, as well as UDK and Cryengine. Of the three, Cryengine is the better bet, but UDK is more forgiving on ease of use. Unity comes with assets you can use and some that need to be purchased, the others are limited and you really need a good modeling proggy like Max, Maya, or Blender to make assets. The foundry is the easiest and most user friendly there is. Which makes it so much of a ***** because its down. If I wanted to make my own game, I would spend hours in Cry Engine and work on my own MMO style game. :confused:

I prefer CryEngine as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Okay... I should switch coffees. Yuban makes my imagination center go on overdrive.... O_O

LOL! Plain old Folgers here... just enough to get me going every morning.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    zahinder wrote: »
    Yeah. I wouldn't play this game free without Foundry. As it is, Foundry (and ONLY Foundry) encouraged me to put $80 into this game so far. And while it's pretty much the only UGC game in town, long enough and I'll start finding my thrills elsewhere. I'm VERY happy that I gave up on STO Foundry a while back, because a month+ outage... Jeebus.

Same here, although I've only spent about $35 so far. I deleted STO about 2 weeks ago. Hopefully, I won't have to do that with NW too, because I'm really enjoying the Foundry, but...we'll see. I have a LoG mod about%80 finished that I could always go back to.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That reminds me.... how long has STO's Foundry been down?

• Options
    edited June 2013
    That reminds me.... how long has STO's Foundry been down?

I want to say around the 22 of May, but don't quote me. Somewhere around there, though.
  • Options
    jaggeropthjaggeropth Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    cyguard1 wrote: »

Making MMO's is not easy in the slightest sense of the word. Try replicating just one major component of traditional (successful) MMOs and you'll understand. Any change that goes against the way it was originally designed can bring some major headaches (read instabilities and bugs). If I had to hazard a guess at what's going on with the Foundry(s) I'd say they might be revamping some of it to get some of the key elements that players have been crying for since the open beta out for the big release. And THAT is what is "Complex". :)
    If a tree falls in a virtual forest, how big is the sound file?
    Please review my "Finger of God" campaign: NWS-DPJMGYJGV
    Quest #1: NW-DS24FX4BC - Cragsford
    Quest #2: NW-DTPUNXUAB - Mine's Mine
    Quest #3: NW-DIPZQ7CMS - Are We There Yeti?
    Quest #4: NW-DSCFDT5WS - Finger of God
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jaggeropth wrote: »
    Making MMO's is not easy in the slightest sense of the word. Try replicating just one major component of traditional (successful) MMOs and you'll understand. Any change that goes against the way it was originally designed can bring some major headaches (read instabilities and bugs). If I had to hazard a guess at what's going on with the Foundry(s) I'd say they might be revamping some of it to get some of the key elements that players have been crying for since the open beta out for the big release. And THAT is what is "Complex". :)

I will be okay with the Foundry being offline for a week as long as when it is back online they have added new assets, and hopefully fixed the Goldilocks reward system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cyguard1cyguard1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Agreed. The coding of an mmo is a delicate dance alone. Fix one thing you may end up with six more things wrong somewhere else. However, I am not a programmer, I work on level design and model designs.
    Foundry Designs: Once a Dungeon Master, always a Dungeon Master.
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If I had to hazard a guess at what's going on with the Foundry(s) I'd say they might be revamping some of it to get some of the key elements that players have been crying for since the open beta out for the big release. And THAT is what is "Complex". :)

Sorry, that won't wash. Why should any of their development work effect the LIVE foundry?

My best guess is that something in the last patch has done something nasty to the live database. Either that or some change was hammering the servers, so for performance reasons they've had to shut it down. But unless they tell us, we can only speculate. With this long a downtime, the least they could do is give us the facts.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

It's nice to see someone around here with a positive outlook. :)
  • Options
    kidneydiseaseskidneydiseases Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I know man... but every second that goes by makes me think more and more about that one conspiracy that someone posted a while ago. What if they don't want anyone to find a way to glitch out the double runes so they just brought the foundry down? I don't know. I just want to make quests. You probably have one of the most level-headed posts on here so far though. Props.
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    plr8.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »
    plr8.jpg

ROFL - far too funny
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »
    plr8.jpg

That's it. I'm calling Melf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    d3ward3war Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *sigh* No update all day, and still no news post on the launcher.
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    hahaha, ovaltine, awesome! :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    tchupstchups Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The elf will be spared...for now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
This discussion has been closed.