test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Edit: Foundry Editing is back up!

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Everyone,

We apologize that the Foundry Editing tools are currently offline. We are in the process of troubleshooting the issue and will keep you in the loop regarding progress. The issue is complex and may take several hours to resolve, though we are committed to getting this functionality back online ASAP.

We will keep you in the loop regarding progress. Thanks for your patience and understanding while we work this out!

Updated 2PM PDT: We're still troubleshooting this issue. Apologies for the delays. Hope to see everyone back in the Foundry editor soon!

Updated 5PM PDT: Our team is still working to resolve this issue. Unfortunately, the issue remains complex and may take several more hours to resolve. We'll keep you in the loop!

Updated 9:30PM PDT: Our engineers are still working on this but due to the complexity of the situation it does not look like it will be ready today. We apologize for the extended downtime and will continue looking at the issue throughout the night to resolve the issue as quickly as we can.

Updated Saturday, 2PM PDT: Unfortunately the issue remains to be completely resolved. The engineers have a plan in place though the ETA of when it will be completed remains to be determined. They will continue crunching away and working to resolve the issue throughout the weekend. If an ETA is discovered, we will post it as soon as it becomes available. Thanks for your patience!

Updated Sunday, 12 PM PDT: Foundry Creation is still down. We do not have an ETA for when the foundry will be brought back up at this time, however the team is working hard to resolve this issue. We will keep this updated with information as it becomes available. Thank you again for your patience and understanding!

Updated Monday, 6:30 PM PDT: The Foundry Editor is back up! Thank you for being patient with us as we corrected this issue.

Please note that there was a brief period of time (~1 hour) before the Foundry Editor was first taken down when progress on creating Foundry content may have been lost. We're very sorry for any inconvenience that this might pose, and are implementing even better backup tools to ensure that this does not occur again in the future.

Thank you!
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• Options
    aphoticzoneaphoticzone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the update. Perhaps you should put this in the Foundry forum where everyone is asking what's happening :)
  • Options
    saerraelsaerrael Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Aww.. blast. Just when I had an idea x.X
  • Options
    visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    Same old same,. Reminds me of some other game issues.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.
  • Options
    cyguard1cyguard1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Bleh, here I was thinking I was going to get something accomplished today, since yesterday was a total waste of time....
    Foundry Designs: Once a Dungeon Master, always a Dungeon Master.
  • Options
    sarezarsarezar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is this affecting the republishing of the quests that had been stuck on 'Currently publishing' or are those quests slowly appearing on the live server?
  • Options
    fortislupusfortislupus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good luck with it guys. I could do with a break from Campaign creation... 19 dungeon maps, quests, puzzles, combat and trying to follow a classic storyline takes it's toll. I'll check back tomorrow :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    We will keep you in the loop regarding progress. Thanks for your patience and understanding while we work this out!

Three hours without an update is "keeping us in the loop"?

Wow, I'd hate to see how bad communication gets when you don't care about keeping us informed.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Three hours without an update is "keeping us in the loop"?

Wow, I'd hate to see how bad communication gets when you don't care about keeping us informed.

All The Best

LOL! Indeed. I've pretty much given up hope of working on anything this weekend.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    hippyshake wrote: »
    LOL! Indeed. I've pretty much given up hope of working on anything this weekend.

You see I work in customer service, and if I had promised a customer that I would keep them "in the loop" on an issue as far reaching as "not being able to use the product at all" and had not been back in contact with them within three hours I'd be looking for a new job.

All The Best

• Options
    warmwarm Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Aww.. blast. Just when I had an idea x.X .

**** same I had some ideas cuz I had no clue how to work foundry so I was just playing around with it. So I watched a youtube video to help before I could test it was getting late so I went to bed to wake up to "Foundry editing not allowed!!" :(
  • Options
    jackyjujujackyjuju Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys, if you have ideas write them down in Notepad or something. Works better than whining about the Foundry being down.
  • Options
    hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think anyone's really doing any hardocre whining about it being down; moreso commiserating that we're being kept in the dark. As for me, I really don't care one way or the other. I figure I've spent nothing for it, so I can't really complain. Instead I'm spending the afternoon catching up on some GoG games I haven't had time to play (as I've already worked out my lore and dialogue trees in Open Office).

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Hey All - I apologize for the delay in response. We're still troubleshooting this issue though unfortunately I don't have details regarding any ETA. We'll post additional info as it becomes available. Hope to see everyone back in the Foundry editor soon!
  • Options
    savaikunsavaikun Member Posts: 214 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    We're still troubleshooting this issue. Apologies for the delays. Hope to see everyone back in the Foundry editor soon!

What IS the issue exactly? Perhaps I can help. Just take a hammer and beat on your equipment, that usually solves the problems. LOL
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    *sigh*

The Foundry is the only reason why I'm here or even log in.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    *sigh*

The Foundry is the only reason why I'm here or even log in.

Me too.

The game itself is not goo enough to keep me logging in, but the Foundry amuses, entertains and challenges me (all the things a good game should do).

All The Best

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    I suppose that it will be fixed when it will be fixed. It happends. I'm fine as long as our missions will be safe, not wiped or anything.
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think Newman uploaded a computer virus so he could steal the dinosaur DNA from the lab. Need to get to the main power station and do a complete reboot of the system. Take a shotgun with you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Servers down for bug fixing and get an update(repetitive update) every 30mins. Foundry goes down and gets a single "update" in the 7hr period. AND we don't even know why it's down. Show your priorities more please PW~

And the thread is in General, not the Foundry forum, where the people this effects would be going~, You people suck at your jobs.
  • Options
    vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You see I work in customer service, and if I had promised a customer that I would keep them "in the loop" on an issue as far reaching as "not being able to use the product at all" and had not been back in contact with them within three hours I'd be looking for a new job.

All The Best
    What you don't do is work with computers, so you have no idea how long tracking down a difficult bug might be.

If there's no new news, you are still "in the loop".
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • Options
    anrecielanreciel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've been dying to touch-up my story all day. :(
    The Temple of the Sun: NW-DS35V5E5R
  • Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Oh, well... at least I can work on my castle maps. :)
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    kootskoots Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Harsh. But yea this probably does belong in the Foundry board.
  • Options
    zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vuelhering wrote: »
    What you don't do is work with computers, so you have no idea how long tracking down a difficult bug might be.

If there's no new news, you are still "in the loop".

And just because you like something doesn't mean you have to ignore or rationalize blatant failings with the product.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    vuelhering wrote: »

Given you don't know one single thing about me that's a very sill statement to make.

Not only have I helped trouble-shoot commercial software, but I was also tasked with "destruction" testing it, and (because by that point I knew the software as well as the coders) writing the instruction manual.

So perhaps I don't "code" but I never assume I have never worked with "computers".

PS: This is almost certainly not a HW fault, so this isn't likely to be "working with computers" either; its highly likely to be a software fault (that means working with programs, in case you didn't know).

All The Best

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Quick update! Our team is still working to resolve this issue. Unfortunately, the issue remains complex and may take several more hours to resolve. We'll keep you in the loop!
  • Options
    vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Given you don't know one single thing about me that's a very sill statement to make.
    Actually, I do. You stated you work in customer service. I figured that meant you were somewhere between the users and the programmers of whatever system you support. Given that you have also done trouble-shooting, you should know (as I do, having worked in the field for a long time as a research programmer, sysadmin, system programmer, and embedded system programmer) that some bugs can take forever to find.

You were complaining about not being in the loop. When nothing has changed but you haven't gotten an update for 3 hours, you got snippy. These forums are pretty much aggressive and pointless due to all the snippy people on it.

It's time the users who don't want confrontational, snippy, complainy, and annoying forums to make a stand, and I'm doing it. All f2p games suffer from insufferable forums.

I support useful or valid complaints, and will add my voice to them, but this is not the case here. I urge you to stand with me. You sound like a reasonable person who's just frustrated.
    zlainfurry wrote: »
    And just because you like something doesn't mean you have to ignore or rationalize blatant failings with the product.
    I'm not rationalizing anything. We know the foundry is down, and there's a nice thread with updates to the status. Someone complained about not having an update for 3 hours for some sort of software bug. I stated that bugs can take a very long time to find. That's a statement of fact, not any kind of rationalization. If I had said something pointless like "Well, it's a beta so stop complaining" then your comment would be justified. That's not the case.
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • Options
    warmwarm Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well Definitely Ruined mt day ;(
  • Options
    boos81boos81 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have been looking forward to editing my current quest all day and my day started @ 6:30 CT and I get home and log in and get the vague message the the editor is down. I start to wonder why and if I had done something to get banned from the editor lol. But all my content is PG-13 or less so I figured that was not the case. I had to log into the forums to find out what could have been stated in the error pop-up when logging into the foundry(fail). I hope it is up and running again soon. I enjoy making maps more than I enjoy playing so I am loosing out on 90% of my enjoyment of the game. To all the authors, I want to say thank for the great content! I try to play as many of your quests as I can and never fail to tip you creative folks some AD! And to the game designers thanks for the great game, now get it working lol :P <3
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Not only have I helped trouble-shoot commercial software, but I was also tasked with "destruction" testing it, and (because by that point I knew the software as well as the coders) writing the instruction manual.

So perhaps I don't "code" but I never assume I have never worked with "computers".

PS: This is almost certainly not a HW fault, so this isn't likely to be "working with computers" either; its highly likely to be a software fault (that means working with programs, in case you didn't know).

All The Best

I think it is a bit humorous that you end each post, no matter what the overall tone of your post is, with "All the Best".

I'll have to remember that rhetorical tool the next time I want to rip apart my ISP for not providing quality service.

Your #&&$%^ internet service **$%$#! Why don't you people get off your #&&##@ and do something to fix it! I am tired of paying hard earned money for this #$&^&#! trash.

All the Best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
This discussion has been closed.