test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Edit: Foundry Editing is back up!

Comments

• visualkeiukvisualkeiuk Member Posts: 90
    edited June 2013
    @murzilochka its all just talk. but i know how you feel. but you mean Zen not AD, they make nothing on AD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And Sacred Heart Short Code: NW-DECMTQMEA

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 27 mins.
    -=-
    Sacred Heart is eligible for the Daily Foundry, Avg 16mins.
  • murzilochkamurzilochka Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @murzilochka its all just talk. but i know how you feel. but you mean Zen not AD, they make nothing on AD.

Yeah that lol. I just got it in my head that i want to buy zen, convert to AD and get a cat... >.< But as I'm learning foundry creator more and more,I like it more and more, and choosing between cat and foundry sounds like hell to me.
  • chinspinnerchinspinner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I reckon they've gone and deleted all our quests and are working out the best way to tell us.
    My new quest:

WIP
    edited June 2013
    I reckon they've gone and deleted all our quests and are working out the best way to tell us.

You mean ones in progress?
    Would be funny tbh, tho i would feel super bad for people that worked ages on theirs, mine is only really learning platform right now and is gonna get mostly scrapped regardless. :P
    edited June 2013
    @chinspinner don't say that, but yes, a few of us was talking about that in Mumble. Lets hope not. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

A video Review from visigoth18 you can watch it HERE Of Pt1: The Wishing Ceremony.

-=-
  • raphaeldisantoraphaeldisanto Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I want to be "kept in the loop", which is what we were promised way back on page one.

Three and a half days (four as I post this) with not one iota of meaningful information is not being kept in the loop.

All The Best

I'm not entirely sure what kind of meaningful information you expect them to tell us? You want them to post the code with the bugs with big yellow arrows saying "We're working on this bit and this bit and this bit, and tomorrow we'll be rewriting this method and refactoring these dozen objects."

... yeah, I don't see that happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    I'm not entirely sure what kind of meaningful information you expect them to tell us? You want them to post the code with the bugs with big yellow arrows saying "We're working on this bit and this bit and this bit, and tomorrow we'll be rewriting this method and refactoring these dozen objects."

... yeah, I don't see that happening.

Well my two cents is it would be nice to know something along the lines of "Quest servers not being accessed, publishing not working, certain items like details showing up as different items etc" kinda like if a game is gone offline saying that servers not working or in some games payment not going through/misdirected for certain areas, as simply "foundry is down" is bit lacking. Just saying it would be nice.
  • hippyshakehippyshake Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well my two cents is it would be nice to know something along the lines of "Quest servers not being accessed, publishing not working, certain items like details showing up as different items etc" kinda like if a game is gone offline saying that servers not working or in some games payment not going through/misdirected for certain areas, as simply "foundry is down" is bit lacking. Just saying it would be nice.

Indeed. At this point, due to lack of information, it really is looking like they're building up the demand so that they can implement some sort of pay scale when they launch.

Oh well. If that happens, there are plenty of other games I can create UCG for.
  • cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hippyshake wrote: »
    Indeed. At this point, due to lack of information, it really is looking like they're building up the demand so that they can implement some sort of pay scale when they launch.

Oh well. If that happens, there are plenty of other games I can create UCG for.

Indeed. That's my stance as well. I'm not here to play Neverwinter, I'm here to make interesting UGC that both I and users can enjoy. Some playing is required to get to know the client, but it's not my goal of doing end-game in-game. If that process would require me to give Cryptic money to have access to more details, etc., then that really shows where Cryptic/PWE's true motives are.

As you said, I can make content elsewhere for free.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The pitch forks and torches would come out if that happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I strongly object the idea to have to pay Zen for Foundry assets - except maybe to use costumes in the Foundry which I bought for my character.

However I wouldn't find it wrong to pay for another 10 quest slots, afair in STO I had to spend quite some amount of dilithium(=AD) to get quest slots beyond my free 3(?)

But at the end of the day I could always return to the work in the 3 other editors I have temporarily given up for the Foundry, if I didn't like anything about PWs Zen policy or the quality/availablity of the Foundry.

It would be no damage done, no harsh words, just a shrug.
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    I don't mind paying for additional Foundry assest. What is available right now should remain free, new things may be in expansion packs.

Provided it will not end overpriced.

Yes, I could return to DA:O, TES, or Aurora/Epsilon. Those are editors which also were bought by me, along with expansion packs.

However, this new Foundry content ought to be something more than simply a few new skins. True bosses for example.
  • zlainfurryzlainfurry Banned Users Posts: 163 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I just got a few things to say

1: This is not Cryptics doing or anything. Cryptic was bought by PWE when they were unable to make budgeting and such to keep this game afloat. PWE is the evil master mind behind the paying and such and it's why the game went from a paid launch to totally f2p w/ cash shop. Cryptic merely works as a studio for PWE. PWE makes all the calls on marketing, and monetizing this game. Any and all qualms you have with this game are a direct result of PWEs acquisition of the title.

2: More to the point, i agree with the severe lack of information regarding the outage. We know nothing as to why it is down at all, other than "its a complex problem", Like tiny classified ads? Details please, you failure of a publisher.
    edited June 2013
    Placebo - You Don't Care About Us
    http://youtu.be/p4dNdfOLO7w

lol, lets rock out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-=-
    edited June 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »
    I only mention this because it hasn't been mentioned up to this point. Why can't anyone acknowledge that we aren't getting any details on this matter. Am I the only one who sees an issue with this. I can't believe this is the 314th post in this thread and I am the first to mention this.

Wait, what? You need to read more carefully, then, because I mentioned it on the last page and so have several others throughout this entire thread.
    edited June 2013
    Wait, what? You need to read more carefully, then, because I mentioned it on the last page and so have several others throughout this entire thread.

Exactly, thanks for making my point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Don't worry ovaltine, I got the point you were making, and I'm a redneck - lol.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
    edited June 2013

Oohhhh, I see now. More unnecessary sarcasm. You know, I'm starting to understand why people are slamming you. You've just made this thread 3 posts larger by replying to something that you really didn't need to reply to, at least not in that manner.

EDIT to add:
    Don't worry ovaltine, I got the point you were making, and I'm a redneck - lol.

I obviously didn't, but then I tend to take people at their word.
    edited June 2013
    Oohhhh, I see now. More unnecessary sarcasm. You know, I'm starting to understand why people are slamming you. You've just made this thread 3 posts larger by replying to something that you really didn't need to reply to, at least not in that manner.

EDIT to add:

I obviously didn't, but then I tend to take people at their word.

Well he did provoke me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5

Video Preview
  • pletlso83pletlso83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Let me equally unfreeze when Fondary up and running :) And please do not forget :)

s10e12_480.jpg
  • rustybladesrustyblades Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    Some day my map will come true..
  • annadruvezannadruvez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The pathway leads over the river, through the woods, past grandma's house, across the gorge, beyond the cursed walls of the evil temple, above the smoking precipice of the Doomed Mountains... to the sacred reliquary containing the button that lets us actually log into the Foundry.

So, with that in mind, let's give the devs time to run that insane quest to retrieve it? :p
    Pool of the Dead - NW-DLTS5X6TO - Duration: ~20 minutes - Daily Qualified

Fountain of Dread - NW-DACS7JITE - Duration: ~15minutes - BRAND NEW!
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any ETA or is that just a silly thought?
    edited June 2013

I wonder how they can place an ETA on an oh-<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>-we-failed-so-hard-now-what situation?

It's almost comical that they haven't updated anything for Monday, not even a "still working it on". I think they're royally eating crow now.

Oh well, so long as this doesn't go on until launch. If so that would prove the conspiracy theory.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited June 2013

They'll give us an ETA when they've finalised the Price List:

Dynamic Brazier = 2 Zen
    Large Room = 25 Zen

and so on.

All The Best

edited June 2013
    They'll give us an ETA when they've finalised the Price List:

Dynamic Brazier = 2 Zen
    Large Room = 25 Zen

and so on.

All The Best

LOL!

Here's the ETA...
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Updated 5PM PDT [Friday the 14th]: Our team is still working to resolve this issue. Unfortunately, the issue remains complex and may take several more hours to resolve. We'll keep you in the loop!

Several more hours = three or more days
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    edited June 2013
    So when was the last official communique on this issue?

24 hours ago?

Isn't it just great to be "kept in the loop"?

Imagine how bad it would be if they genuinely didn't give a stuff about their player-base...

...oh, wait.

All The Best

• tchupstchups Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nothing yet? my beloved map don't will finish after 06/20, I guess =(
  • vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So when was the last official communique on this issue?
    24 hours ago?

Isn't it just great to be "kept in the loop"?
    Imagine how bad it would be if they genuinely didn't give a stuff about their player-base...
    ...oh, wait.
    All The Best

Well, I gave you a hard time about complaining for a 3 hour lapse. I'm not going to pick on you for a 24 hour lapse :)
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • antonkyleantonkyle Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I joined this game 'because' of the foundry 5 days ago, spent the first day trying out the classes to choose which I wanted and get to level 15 and on. Had one night in the foundry, now I am in my 4th day of not being able to use the foundry the very reason I came.

I'm on the cusp of just forgetting the hole idea. Everyone is saying it may not be back till launch and when it dose comes back it will not only cost money but will be a rip off. The devs are saying nothing of anything and I'm fed up with the experience.

Is it worth the frustration?
This discussion has been closed.