test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

Comments

• Options
    skittlebit1skittlebit1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most of the people who like this idea are people who bought AD with zen then bought all of their gear, and are now complaining that they are bored and the game is easy. I mean...really. You create your own problem then want to screw the rest of the player base over to force Cryptic to protect you from your own stupidity.

If this goes live, the game will die. I could be wrong, but I'm not.
  • Options
    dartakxdartakx Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Most of the people who like this idea are people who bought AD with zen then bought all of their gear, and are now complaining that they are bored and the game is easy. I mean...really. You create your own problem then want to screw the rest of the player base over to force Cryptic to protect you from your own stupidity.

If this goes live, the game will die. I could be wrong, but I'm not.

I was thinking it was the opposite. Why people who wants to buy their gear off the AH would request the epic items to no longer be sold/buyable? I was thinking the people mad at it was the one who stockpiled several millions AD from playing AH, selling stuff and exploiting and then waiting to buy their new content gear.

Anyway, while i'm not totally agreeing with this, it was needed because people was abusing amassing AD and instead to find a way to sink those AD they preferred to give them less buying power.

But stop making apocalypse scenario, i don't think they consider their salvage npc would be the only source of AD income besides quests and i don't think Ad will become worthless, and they already said some of the epic item will be bound, some will be available with profession and seal and some will remain BoE including exclusive item from bosses.

Don't judge a whole new system with only 1 change inside it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ipvesogoodipvesogood Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Good, perhaps that GF will stop needing on cleric gear now that he cant put it on the AH...
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ipvesogood wrote: »
    Good, perhaps that GF will stop needing on cleric gear now that he cant put it on the AH...

Considering that was changed with the last patch.. That's already a non-issue. You can't roll Need if your class can't use it.
  • Options
    dirfingedirfinge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 48
    edited June 2013
    **** it safer than crytic do what you want.
  • Options
    diorieldioriel Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ugh...not sure about this. My poor rogue hit level 60 about a month ago, and after running every DD I could (and I play a lot, with no job), I never got a boss or chest to drop a single piece of T2 armor. Not one. I had to buy zen and sell it for AD in order to afford my t2 set. Because it never ever dropped. not even anything worth selling. I got T1 armor in my T2 chests.

If you do this, please make a system where I can obtain my T2 SET gear some other way, like tokens or something, because a month of never seeing a single rogue t2 piece makes me sad, and I can't imagine what my poor cleric will go through =(
    Leader of Conviction: find me in game if you're looking for a friendly guild!

Looking for reviews (will trade)!
    Arachnophobia
    Code: NW-DMRQYIZQT
    For all the spider-haters out there :p
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't disagree with this change, as it is something that I am quite used to from almost every other game that I have played previously. Things as they are have to change, with most people skipping tier 1 entirely as tier 2 is so cheap. What this change will do, is stop people that already have the gear, from selling the loot on for profit, and thus are more likely to greed items than blindly need them. That will allow for the have-nots to stand a greater chance of getting the items that they want within the dungeon environment.

It won't drive up prices, because honestly, its removing some of the largest sources of AD for most players, this will eventually bring down the number of AD that most players have, towards the levels that Cryptic intended. What we have currently, is almost hyperinflation (that thing where a loaf of bread ends up costing a million dollars, and you may as well use dollar bills to wipe your butt), where anything other than a few items, are almost worthless. This needs to stop and I for one think that in the longer term, the devs have it right, and I am quite happy to see how it all plays out.
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dioriel wrote: »
    Ugh...not sure about this. My poor rogue hit level 60 about a month ago, and after running every DD I could (and I play a lot, with no job), I never got a boss or chest to drop a single piece of T2 armor. Not one. I had to buy zen and sell it for AD in order to afford my t2 set. Because it never ever dropped. not even anything worth selling. I got T1 armor in my T2 chests.

If you do this, please make a system where I can obtain my T2 SET gear some other way, like tokens or something, because a month of never seeing a single rogue t2 piece makes me sad, and I can't imagine what my poor cleric will go through =(

^
    This is what worries me about this idea. I agree that purples shouldn't be on wholesale every day. But if it takes more than a month to even get one piece to drop..... gods... that's one extremely long 'endgame'.
  • Options
    bloodraiderx42bloodraiderx42 Member Posts: 74
    edited June 2013
    testilasso wrote: »
    Sorry, terrible idea.
    I've sold most of my drops to buy the gear that I want. Extreamly rarely an item I want drops.
    If I couldn't sell the drops and buy what I want, why bother going to the dungeon, since nothing I want ever drops?
    If there's no point to go in a dungeon (and I don't play pvp), what is there left for me to play?

DING we have a winner folks, gather round CW QAA and devs, lead testers. this is what killed all my mmos. and THIS IS WHAT YOU have, meaning full dung runs. once geared i dont wanna vendor useless trash
  • Options
    xtriz1337xtriz1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I dont really understand why people complain about everything. I only see "Bad idea" Nooo that sucks or something like that.
    Why can't you people just be more happy. Dont you want to be more unique than other players? Harder to get items?

Why you want to play a game to have best gear and then have nothing to do. You sounds like a bot creater. This it's much better because now cant ppl buy item from AH Tier 1-2 or other.
  • Options
    etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    xtriz1337 wrote: »
    I dont really understand why people complain about everything. I only see "Bad idea" Nooo that sucks or something like that.
    Why can't you people just be more happy. Dont you want to be more unique than other players? Harder to get items?

Why you want to play a game to have best gear and then have nothing to do. You sounds like a bot creater. This it's much better because now cant ppl buy item from AH Tier 1-2 or other.

I don't compare my pixels to other people's pixels.

I would rather do a dungeon 20 times to make AD then do a dungeon 20 times desperately hoping 1 specific item drops.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    etherealj wrote: »

I would rather do a dungeon 20 times to make AD then do a dungeon 20 times desperately hoping 1 specific item drops.

I have read so much from other comments, mostly say that they are going to quit because they cant buy the items from AH. I dont really understand why people play even MMORPG if they dont want to play Dungeons? Get an guild and have fun and clear dungeon.

I like the salvage system that give AD rewards. And I like that ppl cant sell everything on AH. I really want this. More unique players for the game! Stop slacking everything or just quit the MMORPG thing in your life.
  • Options
    utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    I don't like this change. I think it would kill the market and also the zen to astral diamond trade.

It would also reduce the number of people playing dungeons unless they also introduce decent rewards for the currency that drops in dungeons, that requires people to save up for.
  • Options
    broedat1broedat1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    **** this I'm done with this ****. The game is already ****ing elitist. How the **** am I supposed to get enough GS for a group to allow me to run with them at 60 if I can't manage to buy a purple or 2 to help me out and what use is there in using my 60 whose currently decked out ok to run dungeons if I can't take anything from it to sell.

Just got my bank to put through a charge back on my credit card for the for the Founders Pack and Zen I bought. Couldn't give a flying **** if PW ban me from every one of their games. I'm done with them. Heading back to Rift. This game is now in its death throws which is a real shame. The devs on this game must be ****ing lobotomized based on some of the decisions they've made.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

NICE we have another winner! PWE read this please. i MUCH RATHER run a dung 20 times to make money to buy gear then hold my breath and hope the helm drops off the final boss with 5% chance
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I have read so much from other comments, mostly say that they are going to quit because they cant buy the items from AH. I dont really understand why people play even MMORPG if they dont want to play Dungeons? Get an guild and have fun and clear dungeon.

I like the salvage system that give AD rewards. And I like that ppl cant sell everything on AH. I really want this. More unique players for the game! Stop slacking everything or just quit the MMORPG thing in your life.

Ok, but I even said in my post I would rather run dungeons for AD. Emphasis on the "I want to run dungeons" bit.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ok, but I even said in my post I would rather run dungeons for AD. Emphasis on the "I want to run dungeons" bit.

i want to run dungs too with the current BOE system, after that and its like every other MMO where you farm a dung 20 times to get the 3 peices you needed then you never ever ever return
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Haha i'm sorry I didnt mean your the one that dont like play dungeons :) I just talking about the ppl out there. I like that your saying, play more dungeon.

And something that I forgot to say, When they remove BoE from dungeons. More people going to play Dungeon! I LOVE IT.
    Right now its hard to find dungeons. But after this going to be much easier because more need to search for party to get the gear.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Haha i'm sorry I didnt mean your the one that dont like play dungeons :) I just talking about the ppl out there. I like that your saying, play more dungeon.

And something that I forgot to say, When they remove BoE from dungeons. More people going to play Dungeon! I LOVE IT.
    Right now its hard to find dungeons. But after this going to be much easier because more need to search for party to get the gear.

hmm never thought about that, grouping will go up alot on all dungs =)
  • Options
    edited June 2013

...less people are going to run dungeons...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    also i just realized how much this will bone gold farmers etc. now i think its prob a great idea. and end greed. people will have to not just click need and share
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    also i just realized how much this will bone gold farmers etc. now i think its prob a great idea

Zen exchange and exorbitant enchant removal costs mean AD sellers have a great future to look forward to...
  • Options
    keobiaakeobiaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You are going to absolutely hamfist the amount of people running dungeons as end-game if you push this through, literally every geared person will have 0 incentive to go into CN/T2. Why on earth would you do such a thing. Culling the amount of already established players running your content is not healthy for the game.

If you think you can leave things the way they are for 3 months and then pull a completely 360 and decimate the value of items previously worth millions to 10k diamonds in a system that wants 300k to remove enchants you guys must be out of your minds.
  • Options
    craftymangcraftymang Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm absolutely disgusted with these changes. Like real, visceral disgust at the thought of what this will do to the game. I'll log in for maybe another week after these changes go through but i probably won't stick around any longer, there are other MMOs to play out there. Shame because this one had a LOT of potential.
  • Options
    broedat1broedat1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ... I'm still ****ing lost as to why they just don't implement BOE for Need rolls and be done with it. The is the best idea all round. This game was doomed from the start and Wizard of the Coast should be ****ing shot for franchising this out to these dumb ****s at PWE.
  • Options
    spineshatterspineshatter Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    This change constitutes a bait-and-switch IMO

This is why a smart consumer will NEVER financially support a game prior to its launch as an official retail product. I have countless times fought off the urge to bust out my wallet and buy some zen until I could get a feel for who I was supporting. After the recent balancing patch and the proposed loot system revamp, I cannot tell you how glad I am that I held out. I have seen enough flash-in-the-pan MMOs come in with a roar and go out only months later with a whisper to spot the red flags, and I am telling you: if there was a handbook on how to drive your game into the ground, PWE and Cryptic are studying it. It feels silly to say it, but if I were a betting man, I wouldn't put money on Neverwinter surviving for more than a month or two following its launch if these kind of shenanigans continue.

In my experience, the mark of a good MMO development studio is not knowing what to change, but knowing when to leave well enough alone.
  • Options
    leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I will not spend another dime on this game. I will never again be a part of a "soft launch" for a game either. This just adds to the "Mystique" of PWE games...haha. Seriously stupid idea. So many other things need worked on and other systems need to be put into place!
  • Options
    sourceofignitionsourceofignition Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I never use the forums, apart from coming on to see future updates/content wise what is happening so I can look forward to what is coming. However with the rumours of this starting flooding through my guild chat I had to come and have my say. If this idea goes live you state that "It will create an additional method to gain astral diamonds". Yes it gains an additional method to farm them, at the cost of another method of running dungeons, selling items and getting them via that method which majority of players will prefer. Gaining 10k AD per dungeon run at end-game status where you have no need for items is pathetic and will cause dungeons to become empty. The main problem was that people were "ninja-looting" or rolling on items that they have no need for. For this case I think you have already addressed it quite well with the ability to only roll on something you use, which from my personal experience in leveling up a never character and finally reaching the benchmark to start to tackle t1 dungeons, made it a significant amount easier to gain items from dungeons rather than having everyone need on them just to sell them. With the BoP change it will destroy the economy and has already started playing to hoard existing t2 items as they will remain BoE. This will cause these items after the patch to sky rocket in price as many players will still want to purchase them. If your trying to generate a reasonable astral diamond sink then you should re-work the removal of enchantments as no one is currently removing them causing very little astral diamonds to be taken out of the game.

This patch will discourage so many players not to make a new character and will severly diminish the amount of new players that are wanting to work towards end game content.
  • Options
    lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    leshil40 wrote: »
    I will not spend another dime on this game. I will never again be a part of a "soft launch" for a game either. This just adds to the "Mystique" of PWE games...haha. Seriously stupid idea. So many other things need worked on and other systems need to be put into place!

The only stupid idea PW made was allowing Epic gear to be BOE to begin with. Why? because it has the negative effect of discouraging people from doing dungeons, which is what end game should be all about. I mean, what reason do players have to run dungeons if all they have to do after reaching max level in a few days is run to the AH and buy all of their Epic gear?

Top level Epic gear should never be BOE. This should be rule one in any MMORPG development course.

We have players coming on this thread bragging about how they have 4, 5, 6 level 60 characters, fully geared with Epics, raging that if this change goes into effect, they will have nothing to do ... and they see nothing wrong with that statement. Do people advocating against this change not see the irony in that at all? Does it really need to be spelled out to them that the reason they will have nothing to do is because the game was broken, which is exactly how they got several characters to top level and fully geared with Epics before the game has been even released?

How about this for irony ... for every one of you who say that you will leave because you will have nothing to do since you are max level and fully geared with Epics, there will be hundreds who will leave because they are max level, fully geared with Epics, and bored since they beat the game and play the game to have "fun" not to do dungeons for mass AD consumptions.

I'll end this post by asking one more time, what is the purpose in investing your time and money on an MMORPG (yes this is MMORPG, not an FPS) in which we can gain top level in a few days, and minutes after reaching top level be able to run to the AH and buy all of our Epic gear in minutes, without having to ...

... ever . set . foot . in . a . single . dungeon?
  • Options
    blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    lashes wrote: »
    How about this for irony ... for every one of you who say that you will leave because you will have nothing to do since you are max level and fully geared with Epics, there have been, and will be hundreds who will leave because they are max level, fully geared with Epics, and bored since they play the game to have "fun" and find no enjoyment in simply doing dungeons to amass AD.

Again I ask, what is the purpose in investing your time and money on an MMORPG in which we can gain top level in a few days and minutes after reaching top level be able to run to the AH and buy all of our Epic gear in minutes, without ever needing to set foot in a dungeon?

A question made from the very same short sightedness you suggest others have.

What is the purpose of running dungeons solely for gear? Is that "fun"? Dungeon running in any game can be fun, but it's a chore if you're just grinding it out, over and over and over and over and over(I can do a few paragraphs of this, but you get the idea) just to get your new shiny that refuses to drop.

Meanwhile, at current in this game, you can run that sucker a few times, get a few drops, and if they aren't what you want you essentially trade them for the one you do. If the dungeon is still fun, you can still run it, it didn't go away. If it's not, you don't "have" to do it anymore and you can do something you enjoy. That will be gone if this goes live.

What if you don't want to run dungeons at all, but want to at least be competitive in PvP, or efficient in foundries? What if you'd rather be ready, rather than an underperforming and embarrassing on your first runs? No more if this goes live.

If people are bored because they caught the carrot, making the same carrot more of a pain in the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> isn't the fix. Rather, it's time for a new carrot which could come in the form of newer(and maybe more challenging) PvE content, better balanced and more enjoyable PvP, both, or a myriad of other things.

I know that when choosing whether or not I play, the fact that I don't yet have my purple pants will not be a factor. Knowing that I'd have to repeat the same content ad-nauseum to get them, however, could be a deal breaker.
This discussion has been closed.