test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

Comments

• Options
    illestrealistillestrealist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Sorry, i'm not a psychologist, i'm a commercial diver.
    All i understand...is that i only came to this forums, when i need info, or bored. Check the previous rants on previous topics...u won't see my name there.
    THIS is just too important to let slide.

I wish you guys could see WHATS coming. I wish you had played perfect World international...then at least your voice would join with ours...and the devs would have a total shut out...
    Why does it have to HAPPEN first before ppl realise.......:(

Hoho! So you're the same Dev from pwi? The barb?
    Why you mad bro? If your still the same, then this change will suit your p2w style. You know their gonna make loot hard so they can bring in a more expensive exclusive paying better loot. Just wait and buy that!

By the way this is HvnsMercy.
    Good or bad, I will tell it like it is.
  • Options
    cedwyncedwyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you does this, you need to also adjust the loot tables otherwise you're going to lose a ton of people. I just hit 60, and no way would I grind dungeons for a T1/T2 set with the current loot tables being what they are and everything is suddenly BoP. Things that are BoE that I don't want, I can sell at least and use that to fund T1/T2 purchases. It's still not cheap that way, or easy- but it's obtainable.

If all Tier gear is made BoP with the garbage drop rates that currently exist, I'm not going to waste my time mindlessly running dungeons to get it. Take a clue from WoW- they had something not dissimilar to this at one point, although with a guaranteed tier item drop every time the dungeon was completed (and not just during certain events, either). It still was difficult to get what players wanted, though- with nine classes you only had a 1/9 shot of it being the item for YOUR class.

So, eventually they went to a system where the last boss dropped a token that was redeemable for tier gear for a certain number of classes. This upped people's chances from 1 in 9 to about 1 in 3 (depending on who else was on the run) to get that ONE piece. Considering the work it takes to get a full set, I personally felt that was good. Either do that, or make seals redeemable for tier gear- that's another way to reward persistence without making people slaves to the RNG.

I don't disagree that making -everything- purchasable with AD is a good idea, and I understand the desire to make things BoP. But if you do that, you're also going to have to change your current loot tables/ways to get tier pieces. Supposedly the devs are all veteran MMO players, so hopefully you guys won't make this mistake. NWO is the first F2P game I've actually liked and I'm hoping to continue to play it well into the future, but that's going to depend in large part on how well the devs listen to your player base.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    vindicon wrote: »
    People are "QQing" because this so-called "fix" ruins much, much more than it "fixes".

What this game needs is an overhaul of the loot tables, so that epic gear is actually rare and trash mobs are not such utter trash. But instead, they decided to go with the amputation treatment...

I agree with you there. I am sure this is just part 1 of the fix. Maybe epic will actually drop more on trash mobs giving people incentive to clear the packs of trash rather than just invent various cheap ways to get around it.
  • Options
    devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hoho! So you're the same Dev from pwi? The barb?
    Why you mad bro? If your still the same, then this change will suit your p2w style. You know their gonna make loot hard so they can bring in a more expensive exclusive paying better loot. Just wait and buy that!

By the way this is HvnsMercy.

Hahaha! YOU sound mad bro....whats with the p2w comment?
    You been 1 shot too many times by me?^^ anyways that was then, this is now.

SO...you know whats up then right? Then u know why pwi died......It starts off small.....then becomes RIDICULOUS...
    Right now, this game was balanced. As in all ppl's playstyles was catered to...

They're trying to make it same like pwi....make the gear 1year to farm and THOUSANDS to buy.
    Now these fools only see the "1 year to farm part" and they think THATS all there is to it...so they blindly supporting...
    This game is NICE bro....why want it to die same as pwi?
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • Options
    lasheslashes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's irrelevant how you or I feel individually. Ultimately, there will be a portion of the player base who will be dissatisfied with the outcome regardless of the route PWE choses to take. The fact remains, that what we have here is a debate regarding competing play styles.

On the one hand, we have that percentage of the player base who prefers a speedier route to end game. They do not like the leveling journey because their game starts at end game. Story and lore means nothing to these players. They don't mind buying their end game gear because supposedly this evens out the keel and places them on an equal level with those who have time, or are able to sacrifice time, to earn their achievements. They abhor a longer leveling curb and anything longer than a couple of weeks to attain cap level is considered a "grind." In short, the immediate gratification crowd.

And on the other hand, we have those players whose enjoyment is in the journey and not the destination. They want to be able to stop and smell the roses on their way to their destination. These players don't mind if it takes a longer grind to reach level cap and they would rather earn their gear by doing dungeons because, after all, where is the fun or challenge in buying end game gear? In other words, what is there left to do in a game when we are given the ability to attain max level in a few days and minutes after reaching max level be able to run to the the auction house and buy all of our end game gear? What, exactly, is the point in that?!! This is a MMORPG not an FPS!

So there you have it. But again, it doesnt matter what you or I think. What matters is the fact that PWE understand the MMO market and the player base play style they chose to appease. Neverwinter has the potential to be a successful MMO. The success of their game will hinge in their ability to design a game that is sustaining and offers replay ability and longevity.

The short term outrage of a portion of their player base that frequents their forum is a good reference that will aid them in fine tuning their game but it is doubtful that it will sway them in their decision as it pertains to releasing a product that will ensure them long term viability and financial success. In this regard, PWE is banking more on prior models who have achieved said objectives (WoW, Rift, etc) than on the short term outcry of a certain percentage of current players who frequent the forums.
  • Options
    evileyecurseevileyecurse Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    Ok, I totally disagree with this idea.

1. For people who already are in the high end of the spectrum in terms of gear, there will be no reason for them to do dungeons anymore. What is the point?

2. Even if you salvage the gear you get and turn it into AD. Whats the point of accumulating AD if you cant buy good gear?
  • Options
    aerisdarkstalkeraerisdarkstalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vuulz wrote: »
    Honestly guys, you just got the loot system into a reasonable state with the need/greed system. This is the worst possible change you could make. If you'd like a large chunk of your player base to leave this will do the trick very quickly.

Exactly. If you make this change you basically tell me "get out, we don't want you as a player" since you'll clearly cater only to hard core players, not casuals.

I'd also point out that I spend a lot of real money on the game because I don't have the time or desire to run dungeon after dungeon to play the loot lotto. That's also a loss of income you'll face if you implement BoP.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Ok, I totally disagree with this idea.

1. For people who already are in the high end of the spectrum in terms of gear, there will be no reason for them to do dungeons anymore. What is the point?

You do what you would do in every other MMORPG when you get to cap level. You run dungeons with friends for fun, and to help them gear up , or you wait until additional content is added.
    2. Even if you salvage the gear you get and turn it into AD. Whats the point of accumulating AD if you cant buy good gear?

Why can't you?

Is this change going to prevent you from saving up AD and buying the gear you need once you accumulate enough AD?
  • Options
    kineredakinereda Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is probably worse than the ah exploit, enjoy a dead game 2 weeks after GG release
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I'd also point out that I spend a lot of real money on the game because I don't have the time or desire to run dungeon after dungeon to play the loot lotto,

... but ... but ... isn't that what we are suppose to do in MMORPG's?

I don't know, maybe I don't understand the concept behind MMORPGs nowadays. I have always been under the impression that we do dungeons to get our gear, not spend real money to buy it.

How silly of me, I know.
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lashes wrote: »
    ... but ... but ... isn't that what we are suppose to do in MMORPG's?

I don't know, maybe I don't understand the concept behind MMORPGs nowadays. I have always been under the impression that we do dungeons to get our gear, not spend real money to buy it.

How silly of me, I know.

Naw with this loot table then making it BOP you do dungeons, for ... nothing.

Random luck does not = Earned.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    Naw with this loot table then making it BOP you do dungeons, for ... nothing.

Random luck does not = Earned.

Fair enough, but instead of arguing for the status quo, which is obviously broken, why not offer alternative solutions?
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fair enough, but instead of arguing for the status quo, which is obviously broken, why not offer alternative solutions?

I have offered several as have others. One being bind on need. One being improve loot tables. One being add tokens that can buy tier gear, earned on dungeon runs. Another being keep everything as is BOE and add new, harder content that has even better BOP gear. -edit Oh and the best one imo - instanced drops for everyone. GW2 imo does loot right.

You are the one who seems to be only arguing for the "wow quo".
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zzzzzdank wrote: »
    I have offered several as have others. One being bind on need. One being improve loot tables. One being add tokens that can buy tier gear, earned on dungeon runs. Another being keep everything as is BOE and add new, harder content that has even better BOP gear.

You are the one who seems to be only arguing for the "wow quo".

There you go. Now that's constructive. See, as a group we can achieve more by understanding the challenges that bring about change and offering competing alternatives, than arguing to maintain a damaging status quo. You may have offered an alternative, but the majority are not. They are raging to maintain the status quo.

As it pertains to WoW, I can honestly say I've never played it. By the time it came to my attention, it just seemed too outdated. I'm a graphics junkie. If the game is not pretty, I won't play it. And WoW is not pretty in the least to me. I only used it as a reference because it's success can not be denied.
  • Options
    zerochance300zerochance300 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do not understand game designers...

They always want to change the loot system... why?

So prices on gear is going to change Dramatically. from 200k to 2million++.

Only the rich will be able to afford anything.

You can already see the change beginning in game. with AD to Zen reach above 300
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You do what you would do in every other MMORPG when you get to cap level. You run dungeons with friends for fun, and to help them gear up , or you wait until additional content is added.

Why can't you?

Is this change going to prevent you from saving up AD and buying the gear you need once you accumulate enough AD?

Dude, have you seriously thought before you replied? How on earth can you buy gear if its BOP?!?
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Instead of fixing the Foundry's broken reward system they penalize the majority of players by having the best items bind on pick-up. Great.

-99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999998.9 points to the devs for this post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Dude, have you seriously thought before you replied? How on earth can you buy gear if its BOP?!?

First of all, I am not a dude. Second of all the poster was talking about not being able to accumulate enough AD to purchase what he needs. In other words, I was responding directly to the posters comment. If there is an issue with the content of "his" post, then I suggest you take that up with him. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    First of all, I am not a dude. Second of all the poster was talking about not being able to accumulate enough AD to purchase what he needs. In other words, I was responding directly to the posters comment. If there is an issue with the content of "his" post, then I suggest you take that up with him. Thank you.

You are seriously funny. Then please enlighten "him" how he can buy gear when everything is BOP.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You are seriously funny. Then please enlighten "him" how he can buy gear when everything is BOP.

May I ask why you are asking me to do so, when you can easily quote him, and enlighten him yourself?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    To make it easier for you Ms. Lashes.

I said:

You replied:

Why can't you?

Now tell me, how can I buy gear from salvaging if all epic gear is BOP?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Oh ok ... so what you meant to ask was ...

2. Even if you salvage the gear you get and turn it into AD, how can I buy Epic gear from salvaging if all epic gear is BOP?

Thank you for the clarification Sir.

I stand corrected.
  • Options
    aksjomataksjomat Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »

Sounds awesome! How can I get access to NeverwinterPreview?

No, it does not.
    U mad bro ?
  • Options
    slaveofsouls666slaveofsouls666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Me and my no life friends and tons of hardcore players will leave this game if smth like this will happend and you guys should know it.Please don't destroy our legacy :(
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Me and my no life friends and tons of hardcore players will leave this game if smth like this will happend and you guys should know it.Please don't destroy our legacy :(

I cant tell if you are serious or trolling, either way you made my sunday :D
  • Options
    vegetenksvegetenks Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lets be fckin honest what they need to do since there <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over all new players is wipe the game on the 20th give all the zen people have purchased back to spend again because i for one am pissed off that im grinding to 60 on my first character with no foundry exp, pvp gains nerfed and having to do the whole quest route which is one great big pile of w4nk.

so if there going to now make it even harder for me to gear up endgame then fck this im out.
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    With that kind of language...
    here let me hold the door for you... please take some of the trash with you too
  • Options
    donnczdonncz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think It is too late you will change BoE to BoP. You want to kill auction? What will we trade? :x

Sorry but your steps are going from Free for Win to Pay for Win...

(you want more players who will buy ZEN, hehehe... but too late... :) now everyone will be angry )
    Circle of Protection - CZ/SK
    Server: Beholder

Developers, do not throw the game in the trash your changes. Take advantage of potential Neverwinter!
  • Options
    osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    donncz wrote: »
    I think It is too late you will change BoE to BoP. You want to kill auction? What will we trade? :x

Sorry but your steps are going from Free for Win to Pay for Win...

(you want more players who will buy ZEN, hehehe... but too late... :) now everyone will be angry )

They might monetize some method of gaining gear with convenience such as, unbinding items from zen shop.

HOWEVER
    The main reason they are changing to BoP is because the game is so severely lacking content that all we really have to do is chase after gear, so they are trying to prolong that.
  • Options
    satorusenpaisatorusenpai Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 167 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    osadamask wrote: »
    They might monetize some method of gaining gear with convenience such as, unbinding items from zen shop.

HOWEVER
    The main reason they are changing to BoP is because the game is so severely lacking content that all we really have to do is chase after gear, so they are trying to prolong that.
    Making gear difficult for some people does not prolong it, it takes away the reason for the geared to do dungeons, sets this wide gap between old and new players, and mass unlucky streaks set people off. I they want BOP then get rid of the loot system and have drops for people individually. It's pretty stupid for someone who may not have that much free time forced to do a dungeon a million times and still not get what he needs, when before he could've sold stuff, then bought it.
This discussion has been closed.