test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Edit: Foundry Editing is back up!

Comments

• annadruvezannadruvez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    DDO was okay. I hated how so many quests ended up being "Fight Kobolds in a sewer" though...

There is this, too.

And the mile high ladders that you have to keep climbing. And climbing. And climbing. And... oops wrong key, you've been heading the wrong way for 20-30 seconds.
    Pool of the Dead - NW-DLTS5X6TO - Duration: ~20 minutes - Daily Qualified

Fountain of Dread - NW-DACS7JITE - Duration: ~15minutes - BRAND NEW!
  • fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kirkhodges wrote: »
    If you're going put your system specs in your sig be upfront about it. Be like, my rig rocks losers! What's wit the "low end" you having fricking liquid cooling in that beast.

For the work I do, this is low end. not everything is about simple stuff like gaming.
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    annadruvez wrote: »
    There is this, too.

And the mile high ladders that you have to keep climbing. And climbing. And climbing. And... oops wrong key, you've been heading the wrong way for 20-30 seconds.

Yeah, in that one dungeon you have like two plus sign shaped areas filled with water beside each other, each with two ladders descending into them, which lead to different paths... Easy to get lost doing that. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    There is this, too.

I was extremely disappointed when I found out this game didnt have ladders.
    No ladder
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, in that one dungeon you have like two plus sign shaped areas filled with water beside each other, each with two ladders descending into them, which lead to different paths... Easy to get lost doing that. lol

And the occasional spawn that ends up in the ceiling instead of on the floor... there goes the kill bonus.

edited June 2013
    And the occasional spawn that ends up in the ceiling instead of on the floor... there goes the kill bonus.

That sort of happened to me in a Foundry mission here. I was fighting Kobolds... In a sewer... (I down-voted this guy for making me play the same quest I played 100 times in DDO, btw..) when I used my daily and somehow found myself beneath the room's floor beating the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of some kobolds. Then I'm sitting there under the floor... Um... Yeah. Actually, I commend the devs on making it so this bug did not stop the quest right there. Thanks for giving us the option to literally commit suicide in game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angellloreangelllore Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Here's my big concern.

3.5 days in and they still:

1) Haven't told us anything at all about what is wrong.

2) Haven't told us what they are doing to fix it.

3) Haven't come close to even thinking about mentioning an ETA for the restoration of the Foundry.

Taken together these three facts lend credence to the claims they shut it down to prevent exploitative content being made during the bonus loot event.

The sum total of what they have told us so far is "We're sorry we are bad at our jobs, but hey, we are bad at our jobs".

There is no sustainable business model anywhere in the world that would class this as acceptable customer service.

We are being treated like mushrooms - kept in the dark and fed on <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

This isn't good enough.

You treat your playerbase with this kind of contempt at your peril.

I was really enjoying the Foundry. I was just about ready to buy some extra character slots so I could run my Foundry content with more different classes and see how things play out, and so I could offer reviews of other's Foundry content from different perspectives. About the only money I could justify spending on this game was for those slots. Not now, I'd honestly rather spend that money on a month's sub for WoW, at least that game works.

All The Best

1. no and why should they? for all you know the bug involves there base programing and providing details will reveal information that the company has rights to. they have need to tell us anything more then the there is a bug,

2. no except they are working on it, as i stated in 1 they are not obligated to reveal information, even if they did you all would just jump on them and criticize them. this is turning out to be the general nature of this forum.

3. have you ever done troubleshoot? ETA are not always available, it will be fixed when its fixed. if they said an eta how pissed would u be if they didn't meet it? so ask your self is it better to say one and risk missing it or be safe and not say one?

the sum total of what they have said is there is a error that is very complex, this is not "bad at our jobs" in fact i dont think u even know who does exactly what to be making that kind of claim.

"There is no sustainable business model anywhere in the world that would class this as acceptable customer service." you forget this is beta errors and bugs are meant to be ironed out during this time, if the game was out and released i would understand your view but its not and this kind of thing is to be expect... THAT'S WHAT BETAS ARE MEANT FOR!

"You treat your playerbase with this kind of contempt at your peril." ... they notified that is a probably, they are giving updates, even if u are unhappy with the updates... hell i can name 2 other company that they openly ignored any problems or errors that are p2p... bigger then bug fixing...

WoW has been up for how long? how many patches? and its not a new game, nor a f2p? u cant compare the 2, thats like saying i like pizza more then i like apples, to different things

... i have said this before and i will say it again, have respect for what you do have...
    edited June 2013
    Funny note, the same TR character had to commit suicide once in a dungeon in my tabletop campaign to get out of a Necromancer's Soul Gauntlet which pitted the heroes against each other until only one remained. He did it so his wife could escape and kill the necromancer then revive him. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For the work I do, this is low end. not everything is about simple stuff like gaming.
    There are very good reasons to have specs in signature when reporting bugs, but it should also have the driver versions and OS versions. Saves a ton of time reprinting it every bug report.

Once you're no longer bugtesting and submitting reports regularly, there's utterly no reason for having rig specs in your sig. All it does is take up room, take up bandwidth, and make you look pompous or a shill. If it wasn't for simple stuff like gaming, however, your system wouldn't even exist. Gaming has been the primary drive for high-pipeline/core graphics cards and a significant driver for cpu speedups.

I gotta admit, your signature makes you look like a shill. Do you really think someone will see that and say "Oh hay, I need an editor and I see you have Vegas in your signature... Are you an ACE?" Speaking of which, I need an editor for my 48hfp.... are you an ACE? :)
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
  • casten24casten24 Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »
    Your right. I was a bit over the top with the sarcasm. I should stick to witless platitudes. Then I could brag on myself. It is straightforward, bold, and is the least effective way to enhance my virtues.

Oh, no, you weren't over the top... bottom rung, I'd say. And YOU'RE right (thought I'd point out the proper homonym, while I'm at it), you should stick with witless platitudes, YOUR (there I go again) responses to me and to Wuhsin are hearty examples. And I don't think you should be worried about enhancing this particular virtue... you've got to have it before you can improve on it.
    The Portrait Gray Campaign
    Prologue: Fort Neverember
    NW-DL2RVQ54C
    Chapter 1: The Gray Portrait
    NW-DHGEFBMGD
  • ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    casten24 wrote: »
    Oh, no, you weren't over the top... bottom rung, I'd say. And YOU'RE right (thought I'd point out the proper homonym, while I'm at it), you should stick with witless platitudes, YOUR (there I go again) responses to me and to Wuhsin are hearty examples. And I don't think you should be worried about enhancing this particular virtue... you've got to have it before you can improve on it.

"You're" and "Your" are not homonyms. They must be spelled exactly the same to be a homonym. Thanks for the catch though. I'll go back and fix my error.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
    edited June 2013
    You're and Your are not homonyms. They must be spelled exactly the same to be a homonym. Thanks for the catch though. I'll go back and fix my error.

The first definition from Google says they must have the same pronunciation. The second definition says they must have the same spelling. It also gives a synonym for each of them. Two words with the same pronunciation but different meanings are a homophone. Two words with the same spelling but different meanings are a homograph. A homonym can be either a homophone or homograph. I recommend you look up words on Google before professing to know what they mean.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    The first definition from Google says they must have the same pronunciation. The second definition says they must have the same spelling. It also gives a synonym for each of them. Two words with the same pronunciation but different meanings are a homophone. Two words with the same spelling but different meanings are a homograph. A homonym can be either a homophone or homograph. I recommend you look up words on Google before professing to know what they mean.

You're is a conjunction. It is actually two words. It is not a homonym of your. Your is one word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
    edited June 2013
    "You're" and "Your" are not homonyms. They must be spelled exactly the same to be a homonym. Thanks for the catch though. I'll go back and fix my error.
    Ohhh! You wanna get technical, eh? Heterographic Homophone... That work better for you? Now that we've gotten totally sidetracked from your lack of wit...
    NW-DL2RVQ54C
    NW-DHGEFBMGD
    edited June 2013
    You're is a conjunction. It is actually two words. It is not a homonym of your. Your is one word.

The word you are thinking of is contraction. A conjunction a word used to join two parts of a sentence like "and" or "but" actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vuelheringvuelhering Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The word you are thinking of is contraction. A conjunction a word used to join two parts of a sentence like "and" or "but" actually.

lol, you're right.

And homonyms include different words that sound alike, including contractions.
    Knights who say Ni!
    Foundry name: Vuelherring (with an extra 'R', matey)

"Bring out yer Dead" NW-DAI945C2G #humor #story #solo
    edited June 2013

I'm actually getting a bit of a laugh out of this whole exchange... despite the fact that Ovaltine missed the moral of the story... if you bite, others are bound to bite back...
    NW-DL2RVQ54C
    NW-DHGEFBMGD
    edited June 2013
    Funny note, the same TR character had to commit suicide once in a dungeon in my tabletop campaign to get out of a Necromancer's Soul Gauntlet which pitted the heroes against each other until only one remained. He did it so his wife could escape and kill the necromancer then revive him. lol

Hm.... Methinks the wife should spring for therapy. Would be cheaper than the rez cost. ;)

edited June 2013
    Hm.... Methinks the wife should spring for therapy. Would be cheaper than the rez cost. ;)

Sadly his wife was killed later, and the rogue is the only member of the party still alive. He's crippled now though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lamen31lamen31 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What do you want Red? Another post saying, "We're still working on it." ?
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Updated Sunday, 12 PM PDT: Foundry Creation is still down. We do not have an ETA for when the foundry will be brought back up at this time, however the team is working hard to resolve this issue. We will keep this updated with information as it becomes available. Thank you again for your patience and understanding!

They are working hard to resolve the issue. We'll be updated again tomorrow I guess..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • murzilochkamurzilochka Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    What actually was going wrong with it before it was shut off tho? I haven't noticed anything other than my ineptitude.
  • deimosesdeimoses Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A handful of quests get a thousand plays, about half of those authors are employees of Cryptic, or friends of those employees.
    My two minute quest has more plays than about 90% of Foundry missions that have been published, a better rating than 90% of them.

Sorry kid, but if you had such great success with that "quest" you wouldn't be on here complaining about conspiracies from cryptic and their families to hoard the foundry spotlight.
    edited June 2013
    deimoses wrote: »
    Sorry kid, but if you had such great success with that "quest" you wouldn't be on here complaining about conspiracies from cryptic and their families to hoard the foundry spotlight.

Wow, if you're going to edit my post to make others take my statements out of context, at least do a good job and put some punctuation at the end of the sentence you chopped in half. Everyone knows I have excellent punctuation. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tchupstchups Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Updated Sunday, 12 PM PDT: Foundry Creation is still down. We do not have an ETA for when the foundry will be brought back up at this time, however the team is working hard to resolve this issue. We will keep this updated with information as it becomes available. Thank you again for your patience and understanding!

we can only wait =/
    edited June 2013
    Ohhh! You wanna get technical, eh? Heterographic Homophone... That work better for you? Now that we've gotten totally sidetracked from your lack of wit...
    vuelhering wrote: »
    lol, you're right.

And homonyms include different words that sound alike, including contractions.
    I'm actually getting a bit of a laugh out of this whole exchange... despite the fact that Ovaltine missed the moral of the story... if you bite, others are bound to bite back...

Well while I was at Ruby Tuesdays I realized how wrong I was and how stupid I must look. I was completely wrong about the grammar thing, but hey, you can't be right all the time and you can't look smart all the time. Apology to casten24 who obviously was only trying to help me improve my grammar. I feel terrible about the entire thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5

Video Preview
    edited June 2013
    Apology to casten24 who obviously was only trying to help me improve my grammar. I feel terrible about the entire thing.
    Yerp, wit is definitely not one of your virtues... And since it seems apparent that the point just kinda flew right by ya... You struck the first proverbial blow with your attempt at sarcasm, Wuhsin responded by calling you a smart-*** for which you proceeded to jump down his throat because of it. If you're going to use sarcasm with people you don't know, expect blowback (and honestly, he called you a smart-***, that's the usual term for those attempting to be sarcastic). What's more if you can't handle it, don't put yourself in the position to receive it. Hence the little bit of "food for thought" I added in my first response to your little squabble with Wuhsin.

And honestly, you should just abandon sarcasm. You're not really good at it at all.
    NW-DL2RVQ54C
    NW-DHGEFBMGD
    edited June 2013
    Yerp, wit is definitely not one of your virtues... And since it seems apparent that the point just kinda flew right by ya... You struck the first proverbial blow with your attempt at sarcasm, Wuhsin responded by calling you a smart-*** for which you proceeded to jump down his throat because of it. If you're going to use sarcasm with people you don't know, expect blowback (and honestly, he called you a smart-***, that's the usual term for those attempting to be sarcastic). What's more if you can't handle it, don't put yourself in the position to receive it. Hence the little bit of "food for thought" I added in my first response to your little squabble with Wuhsin.

And honestly, you should just abandon sarcasm. You're not really good at it at all.

I admitted I was wrong. Is that not enough for you? Must you rub my nose in it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5

Video Preview
    edited June 2013

I understand. We are all annoyed by the Foundry being offline, and we tend to vent our frustration on the forum. Everyone makes mistakes, and has bad days. Don't worry about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013

My apologies. Every post you've placed in response to me has avoided my main point, hence, your apology felt more like poor sarcasm. Trouble with the written word, sarcasm doesn't translate well. Which is I continued to "bite back," so to speak. Again, my apologies.
    NW-DL2RVQ54C
    NW-DHGEFBMGD
This discussion has been closed.