fallacy1fallacy1 Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2013
    dekno wrote: »
    can be good but also not so good.

Very nicely put.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Join Us|Officer of The Noore|Nyan Cat
  • Options
    wildswannwildswann Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's increasingly hard for me to understand which types of players this game wants to keep and appeal too. These changes make it less casual friendly, less alt friendly, the minority hard core... players have it all already. I think what's trying to be fixed here by the back door is bad dungeon design (without fixing the dungeons themselves) less ppl are bothering with them or the queue system and then the mindset of Needy and Greedy players a mindset that has been nurtured and fostered by the game itself. It also introduces a time delay for those who are unable to invest a lot of hours perhaps so they won't notice there is nothing but forced dungeons and forced pvp for an endgame.. The accepted way to *win* and get rich is exploit, glitch, cheat your way through everything and this change won't affect those players they have everything already and then some.

Individual loot is the only change that would actually benefit anyone and how about making seals account bound.
  • Options
    avornielavorniel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Not worried to much about the BoP gear apart from I see it as another Money maker but they need to add a timer to the gear so any miss click rolls can be traded within the group that was together.I still think player's will need what ever as they can still sell the armour at the new salvage npc's. Would be great to have our own loot but I think they would have to re write a lot of data to do this.
  • Options
    doomkookiesdoomkookies Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They have more than just Need or Greed guys, whenever i am party lead i always set the looting system to Round Robin, everyone takes turns with items that drop, so no one gets to ninja loot as the system chooses who gets it anyway. i believe they even make it so only the person it is for can see the item.
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
  • Options
    doomkookiesdoomkookies Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    onyxheart1 wrote: »
    They have more than just Need or Greed guys, whenever i am party lead i always set the looting system to Round Robin, everyone takes turns with items that drop, so no one gets to ninja loot as the system chooses who gets it anyway. i believe they even make it so only the person it is for can see the item.

That's cool, and it is a solution (especially if it's really a "smart-distribution" RR system). But the problem is that the DEFAULT loot setting is Need/Greed, and people won't always want to/know why they should change it. The point is that Need/Greed is flawed/incomplete, and needs to be fixed/finished.
  • Options
    zedfighterzedfighter Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree... TBH I rather hope they adopt the "Guild Wars 2" model where everyone gets a "pull" from the dungeon treasure chest. What you get can be random (variety of rare, uncommon or common items). This way everyone will be satisfied with their lot. The random NBG rolling model is so outdated.

This would make too much sense.
    There is plenty of loot for everyone, and its so easy to get.

Apparently you're a kid or an unemployed adult with zero responsibility.
    If you're neither, then explain this deluge of epics you're being showered in.
  • Options
    dethcorddethcord Member Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Apparently you're a kid or an unemployed adult with zero responsibility.
    If you're neither, then explain this deluge of epics you're being showered in.

Lol, serious grown up appears.

Having a job and being older then 18 don't make you special.

On topic: no BoE items = nothing to sell on AH, no freedom of farming different dungeons and selling items, no reason to buy zen (as you won't actually sell much as there is nothing you can buy for AD).
  • Options
    shamurai7shamurai7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    May the majority win!!!!!

intermediate here!
  • Options
    vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BoP gear is just about the worst thing that could happen in an MMO. They might as well turn the game back into co-op, because this change completely and utterly kills the in-game economy.
    The current system is the MMO standard, and it's the standard for a reason. It's exactly what we need. Though BoP for need rolls is not necessarily a bad compromise either.

If the way the current AH works is harmful for the game, then there are better ways to fix it than outright removing it from the game...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I voted Other and to specify this:

Quite frankly, I don't give a ****. I play this MMO (like most other games) to be creative with the editor and to (hopefully) experience a kind of epic fantasy story with my character in the middle of the fray. If I d'want to play a stock broker or trade tycoon, MMOs would certainly NOT be my first pick.
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    zzzzzdankzzzzzdank Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Voted for bind on need.

Yes I want to earn my gear.

No I don't want to run 100 dungeons and never get 1 piece of the set I was after just because random luck failed me.

Luck is not = earning.
  • Options
    ph235ph235 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I only hate the way it's got implemented. Ppl with money robbed the AH already so they can control the market after the patch. They now have huge advantage over the newcommers. Epic gear should be wiped before changes like this. This pre-patch / post-patch contrary blows.
  • Options
    trequeltrequel Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ph235 wrote: »
    I only hate the way it's got implemented. Ppl with money robbed the AH already so they can control the market after the patch. They now have huge advantage over the newcommers. Epic gear should be wiped before changes like this. This pre-patch / post-patch contrary blows.

Or open a new server. It might be annoying to start over, but eventually things should be healthy again.
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Nothing wrong with Bind to Character and Bound to Account gear as long as everyone gets loot. I think the need/greed system stinks. I much prefer that everyone gets drops. The whole Need/Greed screen thingie when you are in the middle of combat cheapens the whole experience.

Bingo and correct me if I'm wrong isn't this the way they were originally intending to do it until a small group of Raiders starting complaining about how much they would miss the "competitiveness of rolling?" and started screaming special olympics because everyone won something? :rolleyes:

And this is the result of that knee jerk reaction.

Also even though we haven't seen most of those guys since they got their way...you can bet your WWE action figure collection that as soon as Cryptic broached the subject again they would be right back here crying about it. Not drum beating for the devs, but someone is going to cry no matter what they do.

Individualized drops was the answer...don't understand why cryptic caved on that one.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    fenixxxxfenixxxx Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    BoP end dungeon gear is a horrible idea for casual players. I hope Cryptic reconsiders
  • Options
    prometheusenprometheusen Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, I selected Other (specify):

I don't care either way...
  • Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    fenixxxx wrote: »
    BoP end dungeon gear is a horrible idea for casual players. I hope Cryptic reconsiders

I'm about as casual as you can get...I disagree, of course I don't think BOP is the best answer...the best answer is individualized drops.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    ghettogeniusghettogenius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The whole need/greed system is antiquated and problematic if you ask me. I much prefer a system like DDOs where mobs don't drop loot you need to roll on. Instead there are more chests, and inside each chest a player gets their own rolls on loot tables (items have each players name on them). The player can then re-assign the loot to another player if they don't want it. This solves many problems - no need/greed windows popping up in the middle of fights, no griefing in the form of need rolls on items a character cant use, players can still acquire loot they cant use but can sell, easily gift an item (or facilitate a group roll on an item) to another party member. The item in the chest either has your name on it or it doesn't. That would be my suggestion.

I hate to come off like a fanboy but this is all deja-vu from when DDO was first released. We saw the same problems there and this was their very acceptable solution after release. They really solved a lot of these instance based party issues years ago. Don't even get me started on the group finder/queue system we have in place here - they should emulate from DDO there too.
  • Options
    kwequakwequa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Need BTC, Greed BTA.. I'd also like one bag per encounter drop with everything instead of stuff flying all over like over ledges,etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    pasain wrote: »
    I am against the BoP for everything totally. It really shafts everyone in the long run.

I think the better solution would have been to change the top gear sets only to be BoP (or Bind on Account) and have all other gear BoE.

So people could run T1s to farm gear for their characters or for AD, which would allow other players to grind AD to get T1 gear. T2 would need to be farmed for the 4 set pieces but the other pieces could be sold, that would mean people would keep playing T2 after they had their armour set to get other pieces so those trying to get the armour set would have more people running dungeons.

Then when T3 sets are introduced that would be BoP and T2 would switch to BoE.
  • Options
    mordinusmordinus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Intermediate - Need = BoP, Greed = Bind on Equip (BoE)

but gold price on Items must be set to 0 , else all need for 1,60 gold
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No-brainer, 3rd option.

Looks like it is almost 5 to 1 against the devastating BoP change proposed in the sticky. Will they push it through anyway?
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vaelos wrote: »
    No-brainer, 3rd option.

Looks like it is almost 5 to 1 against the devastating BoP change proposed in the sticky. Will they push it through anyway?

That depends on if Cryptic thinks 250-300 people are a valid sample for the whole playerbase to consider this poll representative.
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    macabrivsmacabrivs Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 417 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    BoP only items from DD chests
  • Options
    vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well how many active players does the game have left at this point?

Probably not a statistic that they want to share.
  • Options
    allaerraallaerra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 838 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    No-brainer, 3rd option.

They pushed the super nerfs through anyway, so no reason to think it will be different this time, although one could hope.

That depends on if Cryptic thinks 250-300 people are a valid sample for the whole playerbase to consider this poll representative.

Since many are very upset in game, as well, I am fairly certain this is a pretty representative sample.
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    Well we could try telling people in game to come and vote.
  • Options
    shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No-brainer, 3rd option.

Of course they will.
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Intermediate preserves both sides of the argument. People who think Needing on everything was a problem, this is part of the answer, people who think things should be on the free market, this answers that too. Win win imo. Now they need to find a way to offer end game gear rewards of the tiered calibur to the foundry, and make that another viable end game. Could work well, depends entirely on what PWE/Cryptic decide to do with it.