test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

End-Game Loot System Changes Ready for Testing Soon!

Comments

• devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree, if this comes out with this large ammount of negative feedback..... then I am out.. I think their are plenty of potential mmo's out there who know what the player wants because they respond to feedback.

Well for me if this comes out...i'll have fun murdering the new players trying to gear up...should last me till 2014. Then since MY options and way of playing has been OUTLAWED, i'll move after that to somewhere where it isn't:)
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    Nope. I make alot converting advents to heros... but why even bring it up? Why even try to make that a "bad thing". Its like "hey person who helps support this game... stop supporting the game... so I can feel better when the servers close because they too broke to run it"

Apparently you have spent money on the game judging by your founders pack, why you even making comments like this? (maybe you did not notice, but you sorta insulted yourself, LOL)

I support this game because I like it and I think it deserve support. However I rather run dungeons than buying my gear so I support this change.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    devlinne wrote: »
    Well for me if this comes out...i'll have fun murdering the new players trying to gear up...should last me till 2014. Then since MY options and way of playing has been OUTLAWED, i'll move after that to somewhere where it isn't:)

Yea, I must admit from a PVP point of view (what I tend to do the most) will end up being a big ole butt hurt for those who can no longer buy the gear off the AH... sad side I wont be able to sell access PVP gear no more from glory I earn... so its a win/loose type of thing.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I support this game because I like it and I think it deserve support. However I rather run dungeons than buying my gear so I support this change.

OK. That is fine, and its your option, but insulting others by insisting they are "pay to win" is rather un-called for. I am pretty sure nothing in my past posts even hinted at using the zen exchange in order to gain loot off the AH. I think perhaps you need to learn how to read the posts of the poster your trying to troll first, otherwise you just end up looking like an idiot. (just some helpful advice so you do not make the same mistake again)
    edited June 2013
    Yea, I must admit from a PVP point of view (what I tend to do the most) will end up being a big ole butt hurt for those who can no longer buy the gear off the AH... sad side I wont be able to sell access PVP gear no more from glory I earn... so its a win/loose type of thing.

What can we do? I mean it's not like i'm a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...but it's called cutting my losses....
    I ALREADY spent money. I wanna ENJOY what i bought. Then when i'm all through enjoying...i'll leave, cos the way i like to play the game, is gone.

By the way i'm sure everyone knows...there are ppl that don't read the forums...and i've spoken to alot of regular pvper's since this change got announced....
    "Lol omg it's gonna be a slaughter" is the main consensus.

Sorry devs....you might wanna take a 6 month break from the forums after this change....cos ALOT your new players are gonna be crying here/quitting for awhile after the change.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    hank41 wrote: »
    That's why I quit playing, they took out 75% of all chest and nodes from the game. So there would be no LOOT runs which BTW are in EVERY MMO since 1997...update NOT NW.

I cant stand PVP and there quest line is pretty much been emptied out of the treasure so WHY play? I don't. I sign in pray do crafting sign out. That's it both character's are level 60, why buy another slot.

Ranger :cool:
    edited June 2013
    What can we do? I mean it's not like i'm a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>...but it's called cutting my losses....
    I ALREADY spent money. I wanna ENJOY what i bought. Then when i'm all through enjoying...i'll leave, cos the way i like to play the game, is gone.

By the way i'm sure everyone knows...there are ppl that don't read the forums...and i've spoken to alot of regular pvper's since this change got announced....
    "Lol omg it's gonna be a slaughter" is the main consensus.

Sorry devs....you might wanna take a 6 month break from the forums after this change....cos ALOT your new players are gonna be crying here/quitting for awhile after the change.

What is worse is they made the losing teams gain less glory.. so my goal is to just do pre-mades the first couple of days (or day, lol) with my pre-made team... get all the gear I need, then cont. to butt hurt people until I get bored. This will prob. be one of the biggest issues is having a large amount of over-geared persons going against people who wont even be able to catch up because they will just loose non-stop.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    stormysg wrote: »
    The biggest flaw I can see with this system is that players who already have full gear will no longer have any reason to dungeons. (Apart from helping friends)

Eventually as more and more people get full gear, there will be lesser number of dungeon groups making it harder for those who aren't fully geared to find parties.

Unless there's a constant supply of new players hitting level 60, I don't think this is a wise change in the long run.

The constant supply of new players vanished long time ago , I would not go into details but I pretty much blame the developer team for it .
    edited June 2013
    People come and go in this sort of game. I think this bitter pill is good for the long term health of the game. Yeah people won't like it.. in fact I can predict a mass exodus once the change goes in ... but i the long run i think this will prolong the game's life than just letting it be. Easy gear = not much incentive to really play. TBH it was a huge mistake by the developer to let it be like this for such a long time that people have gotten used to it. But it's better late than never. Then again it's only been a month since the soft launch and already people are quitting for lack of things to do. And we didn't even had our first module out yet.
  • blaumkerblaumker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 75
    edited June 2013
    A bad idea. Bad for the game economy(no point in buying the other stuff if you can't get the gear to back it up), bad for casual players(won't get the stuff period), bad for dungeon runner(can't sell it to the non-dungeon runner).

Crafting gear is junk. It has no place even being mentioned with reference to "high end". It's garbage, and overpriced to boot with the rarity of the dragon egg. PvP gear is just as bad.

The game economy and the play habits of the majority of the playerbase center around the BoE system functioning as it currently does.
    edited June 2013
    What is worse is they made the losing teams gain less glory.. so my goal is to just do pre-mades the first couple of days (or day, lol) with my pre-made team... get all the gear I need, then cont. to butt hurt people until I get bored. This will prob. be one of the biggest issues is having a large amount of over-geared persons going against people who wont even be able to catch up because they will just loose non-stop.

Exactly what is going to happen......
    They just don't/won't realise it till it happens.

So be it.
    edited June 2013
    Exactly what is going to happen......
    They just don't/won't realise it till it happens.

So be it.

TBH the glory nerf was a temporary stop gap to prevent rampant botting abuse of PvP. I think they will relax the glory nerf once the BoP system is in place.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As I can see you ( PWE / Cryptic ) have already decided to patch the game with the new BoP whatever , ok .

I would strongly advise that any gear obtained before the patch becomes BoP after the patch , which means people would not be

able to stockpile items and sell them for 1000 million AD on the AH after the patch .

I think it's only fair to the new players that will eventually come to play the game when it goes live .

And last but not least , we all do know how effortlessly you can obtain the T2 gear right now because of the tons of glitches in the ingame content .

If this is a way to reward your Open Beta testers , why not just reward everyone instead with certain ammount of AD or special 110 % mounts or whatever for players that tested your Open Beta fiasco ?

EDIT : Honestly you will create more problems with the old gear being available on the AH instead of fixing anything since everyone knows that the old prepatch set piece bonuses + the new set piece bonuses do not stack .
  • shajib1234shajib1234 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They day they make pvp items bind on pick up is the day i quit neverwinter.
  • roningamerroningamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I wish to make an alternative suggestion, what if, Epic Items dropped and were sellable on the action house just as they are now. But "because they contain artifact-level magical powers" they need to be properly "Attuned" to a character before becoming functional. So instead you implement "Attunement Scrolls". These drops are similar to your "Enchanted Keys" in which they unlock an Epic Item so it can be worn. Now here is the balance, the "Attunement Scrolls" are dungeon drops for completing a (either) daily Dungeon / Dungeon Delve / just beating the final boss. These scrolls should not be something that is rolled on and they should be Bind on Pickup. So you have to run a dungeon in order to get a scroll so that you can wear an Epic Item. This would still give value to the Epic Items on the Auction House, and make it so people still have to run the dungeon in order to get the scroll so they cant just buy there whole gear set the moment they turn 60. You could even have Tier 1 Attunement Scrolls and Tier 2 Scrolls and so forth, to drop on certain dungeons. If you wanted more detailed control you could make the scrolls specific, Attunement scroll of Tier 1 Armor, Attunement scroll of tier 2 helm, et cetera. Ideas? Positive or negative?
    edited June 2013
    This is actually good for the game. Bitter medicine is sometimes hard to swallow but it is good for the game. People will adopt. Those who quit will quit and people who stay will enjoy the game no matter what.
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    Good for the game meaning new people will join, go "Oh how did he get the best gear immediately?" realize what happened, and leave after getting destroyed in pvp and being barred from joining dungeons. There is nothing prestigious, nor fun, about winning the RNG lottery in a dungeon. You didn't "earn" it, you won it. Making it take months, or even years to piece together gear for a main and alts does not equal a meaningful game.

So people will leave that have played, new people will quit, and you'll be left with a very odd group of people that enjoy the pain and misery of RNG BOP "earning" gear.
  • ellarethellareth Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The cons I see with making every end game equipment BoP.

1. No 'gain' for running Dungeons once you have full gear. Infact unless you need on every purple that you are able to you won't even make back the gold spent on Potions and Kits.

2. Since Dungeon runs won't even cover the money you've spent on kits and potions anymore, people will be more reluctant to actually pot and use kits (I see people who don't use kits even now), and more people will need on everything they can to try and make back the gold they've spent on Potions and Kits. Good luck try getting your Necklace/Ring/Belt now, other than ones availble from Seal Benders.

3. AD will become much less valuable as it can not buy T2 equips anymore, leading to inflation in everything else in AH. Price of enchantments/Profession items will probably spike insanely, as those with lot of AD saved up have nothing else to spend it on, making it near impossible for casual players to get any unless they spend Zen on profession packs.

4. With class items only needable for class that can equip, and T2/T2.5 items becoming bind on pickup regardless of need/greed, how are you supposed to get equipments for your pets? Like seriously, how do you get Icons for your Stone of Allure after these changes? Ask a guildy or friend who happens to be a Cleric to greed/pass on icons when they drop?

This change doesn't make sense as it wasn't the change we asked for (I've heard many people asking for BoP for Need and BoE for Greed, not BoP for every end game item.), and I think it would actually hurt their Zen sale (People who were buying Zen to convert to AD for end-game equipments won't buy those Zen anymore).

Only logical reason for these changes (that I could see) are either I've missed something and this change will improve gameplay somehow, or another change will follow that will somehow force people into spending Zen (something like Scroll of Unbinding?).
  • solwrathsolwrath Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited June 2013
    Wow, it will be impossible to complete a set with the ridiculous drop rates there are now.. 50+ T2s and I have gotten like 1 piece of each of the 3 T2 guardian sets..
  • rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I guess this is one of the downfalls of supporting/playing a game in beta... The game you ended up liking gets changed and nerfed by the time it's actually released. I'm not ready to quit yet but I am a bit disappointed with some of the recent changes which diminishes my enthusiasm for the game more and more. And yeah as people have mentioned Cryptic asks for "feedback" but as the recent balance patch shows they already have their mind made up and are going to implement it whether anyone likes it or not.

Summary: I'm not for this change.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    One of the main reasons I liked this game (so far) was that it was not non-stop grinding, like some other games I have tried in the past.- I was not forced to do the same things over and over. I hit level 60 a few days ago and have really enjoyed my time so far. I am also quite willing to "pay for convenience" - I bought an Ioun stone, some bags, extra bank slots and so on - sure, I could do without it, but I have no problems paying for things I enjoy.

I was really looking forward to the epic dungeons, but now....well, if this change goes through, it will take the fun out of the game for me, by forcing me into a specific route. Instead of doing the dungeons I like, I have to do specific dungeons, just to be sure to get the armour set pieces I want.

I did not sign up for a grindfest. I'm not a "l33t" powergamer - have limited time to play (weekends and occasional evenings), and while I can easily handle it taking me a long time to get a good gear set, I cannot handle being bored to death while doing it.

In other words, a change that basically kills the fun is a complete showstopper for people like me.

If this goes through I'll probably leave. I don't really want to say I feel cheated out of my money - after all, I got six weeks of fun out of this, but if I leave, I can assure Cryptic/PWE that this will be the only game of theirs I will ever play - they will never, never get a single dime from me again.

Moreover, I will probably not be recommending Neverwinter to my friends - or at least warn them not to get too attached or spend any real money, because if this change goes through it is clear that they don't care about their player base - all that they care about is the bottom line.

So, don't do this, please.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • docgaussdocgauss Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure of the reason why they are thinking to this change, but I totally disagree. I'm so unfavorable to this that I don't even know where to start.
    This method strikes hard the casual gamers that can't spend a lot of time or don't want to spend a lot of money for gearing up.
    The auction house will become almost useless.
    When a player hits the level 60 would like to run epic dungeons, but without the good items on the AH the gs will barely reach the min requirement if he's lucky enough. But the dungeons don't always drop what a player wants or requires, so probably he'll end up running dd like crazy (if he has plenty of time ofc) hoping that the luck shines on him and the small chance of getting a particular item turns in his favor. Otherwise he'll probably waste the dd-hour, maybe dropping a BoP purple item that can't be sold. I'm not a foreseer but I can easily imagine that after a bunch of failed attempts in the same dungeon the frustrated player eventually will realize that this game won't worth his spare time.
    I could continue forever, but I think you got the idea of what I'm saying and I don't want to be annoying (or more annoying).

That's my opinion, of course, and I'd be happy to be wrong, but the more I think to that the more the loot change sounds a terrible idea to me.
  • omnibotzomnibotz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Game is infested By Pvp Bots . This game is GOING DOWN!
  • rojoel66rojoel66 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    adinosii wrote: »
    One of the main reasons I liked this game (so far) was that it was not non-stop grinding, like some other games I have tried in the past.- I was not forced to do the same things over and over. I hit level 60 a few days ago and have really enjoyed my time so far. I am also quite willing to "pay for convenience" - I bought an Ioun stone, some bags, extra bank slots and so on - sure, I could do without it, but I have no problems paying for things I enjoy.

I was really looking forward to the epic dungeons, but now....well, if this change goes through, it will take the fun out of the game for me, by forcing me into a specific route. Instead of doing the dungeons I like, I have to do specific dungeons, just to be sure to get the armour set pieces I want.

I did not sign up for a grindfest. I'm not a "l33t" powergamer - have limited time to play (weekends and occasional evenings), and while I can easily handle it taking me a long time to get a good gear set, I cannot handle being bored to death while doing it.

In other words, a change that basically kills the fun is a complete showstopper for people like me.

If this goes through I'll probably leave. I don't really want to say I feel cheated out of my money - after all, I got six weeks of fun out of this, but if I leave, I can assure Cryptic/PWE that this will be the only game of theirs I will ever play - they will never, never get a single dime from me again.

Moreover, I will probably not be recommending Neverwinter to my friends - or at least warn them not to get too attached or spend any real money, because if this change goes through it is clear that they don't care about their player base - all that they care about is the bottom line.

So, don't do this, please.

This really sums up my feelings also.

I feel like they are giving us less choices. Which means less fun in my opinion.
  • onyxghost1onyxghost1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hah! Soo If I want to buy a cat (just as an example) it will require me to either do my dailies and/or sell equips to that NPC that devs are suggesting both of which give me rough AD. But wait, I can refine only 24k of rough AD a day. So it will take roughly 40 days to get a cat? Wow..
    Granted there are other ways to get refined AD such as crafting and what not but this should give a rough idea on why this idea is fundamentally flawed.
  • ladysakotaladysakota Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well this idea sucks, and I don't like what I hear on why they are thinking on changing. If its done to change people buying end game gear with "real money" then all dealings with AD be counted as such. I'm enjoying Neverwinter because you get what you want out of it, those who love pvp can turn their time to AD income so they can buy from the community, someone who loves grinding dungeons gets rewarded for running them even after they find their perfect set. Although the market has its problems the movement of AD seems healthy. Really it can go down that they want to stop so much AD being on the markets but if that's a problem the AH should of been on coin currency not AD.

Changing won't preserve the longevity of the game, if someone wants endgame grind they can find that anywhere, personally that's why I've been jumping MMOs for last few years because in the end its all the same. Only time someone settles down is they find something they like, normally its related to markets, rewards for continued repeated play, and growth in power (Wealth and Character Strength) If there worry about AD, make something wonderful as a AD sink out of the gear markets. That paying people and AD hoarders and sink their money/time in.

Housing? :)
  • nemesis2254nemesis2254 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This isn't a good change. But I think I can understand the reasoning behind it - at the same time, its not a good idea.

I'm guessing its being put in place to lengthen out end game content. Getting to level 60 is not, after all, that hard, and can be done in a few days by the dedicated. It also doesn't require much in the way of party playing, as the dungeons, while handy, are also not exactly necessary, and with the rate of speed of levelling, the gear from said pre-epic dungeons, is quickly made redundant anyway.

So, to satisfy those who crave extensive end game content, we will be forced instead to go through arduous BoP dungeons to get all the gear we are after. This does have the effect of lengthening out the experience, of making getting the gear much more difficult for all those involved.

However, it also makes it a chore - a difficult, painful, lengthy chore, and it also means, unfortunately, that some people will never, ever see T2 content, or Gauntlegrym.

Why? Its simple. There is a huge difference in skill level in this game. Some players are good, some are mediocre, and some are plain bad. Doing a dungeon with a bad player is a painful, miserable experience. So, people will be forced to look towards players that they know, rather than relying on public groups, that they know they can rely on. This has a two fold effect. It alienates new players, excluding them because no one wants to party with them, and it also means that these players are going to be suffering for a very, very long time to get good gear. And I do mean suffering. Getting a complete set can be very hard work if you are undergeared. It is a nightmare to both be lucky enough to get it AND to get a group that isn't pants on head <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to help you get it through sheer chance.

This move has another effect. It completely removes the reason for someone already at a high level to go do a dungeon, for extra diamonds to earn the gear they need for other characters they might be playing. So its a many-fold disaster in this instance. Dungeons will be run by undergeared players, and inexpert ones, leading to a majority of them simply failing. The fact that they can sell their gear for (pathetically, insultingly insignificant) amounts of AD is also rendered pointless, as they cannot use those AD that they spend far too much time earning for any of the gear that they need to get geared enough to do dungeons runs in the first place. Basically, you're putting the chicken before the egg. Diamonds are almost entirely pointless after this move.

You're going to kill your population with this change. So far it has been a consecutive array of foulups - the Caturday disaster, and some might say the recent patch as well (I wouldn't myself, but some people are very unhappy) and this move might well kill the enthusiasm of many remaining players, as the journey to obtain the high level gear and go the end level content simply becomes too far away and too hard to do.

The decision to make need only apply to class specific items was a fantastic one to do, in my opinion. Making a move like this so soon afterwards stinks of an instinctive, knee jerk reaction that hasn't been fully thought through. If it has been thought through, its a bad one. It seems to be a cash grab of some kind, forcing Zen to greater relevancy somehow, but this is a bad idea. You want to be pulling players in, not scaring them away. This doesn't strike the right balance, as this pushes the game even closer to the concept of 'pay to win', and there are NO words more toxic to a games success than that phrase. When people start saying everywhere on the internet that your game is pay to win, you've lost. You end up making ten bucks from five people instead of a million ten cent pieces from million people.

Don't do this. You'll kill the game. I enjoy it far too much to have that happen, but if no one is playing it, then there is no point going on with it.
  • maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited June 2013
    BOP is one of the worse thing to implement into a game and one of the things I like so much about NW, that you can sell almost everything to other players. Don't go there please, this is one of the things that make this game unique.

It will not make me feel I obtained a unique item if I can't or have no intentions in using it.
  • voltus5voltus5 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Open Up the loot tables so we know exactly what can drop from a dungeon rather then making it a "possibility" to drop many things.

also.. Why not make only T1 and T2 set pieces BoP as if you make it all BoP you will literally Kill the motivation for many of the better players to even run these dungeons.

There already isn't enough content to keep everyone happy at the moment so farming AD is really all the best players are doing. If you take that away from them even Gauntlgrym wont be enough motivation for the players to stay.

I seriously doubt I will stay if this change goes live. I dont feel like farming 1-5 dungeons with little reason for reward and no way to make AD. its already hard enough to make enough gold to support pots and kits.
  • skittlebit1skittlebit1 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    God awful change.

People this change screws:

1. Players who have terrible luck and have run the same dungeon 30 times during devels and never seen a good drop. They could go to a dungeon they enjoy more, get the best item from there, sell it, and then buy the item they need from the other dungeon. I know I hated spellplague, I've ran it 25+ times and never seen a drop. So i went to FH, a dungeon I enjoyed, got some shadow weavers from it, sold them, and then got my helm.

2. Players like me, who have BIS items and just want to get AD for alts or random stuff from the zen shop. I grinded my way through all of the dungeons, got all of my gear (besides my helm which i bought), then did CN and got my MH and OH, and now I just farm CN and devles for AD which is actually fun. If this patch comes the only content I can do is ladderless pvp or farm nodes...THATS IT. So contrary to popular belief, this patch screws harcore players. IF this comes through, a ton of the regulars will quit.

3. It screws cryptic. Why? Because a ton of the zen is only bought in order to convert it to AD for people to buy T2 and T3 items. Now those people can't do that and therefore stop buying zen. This casual playerebase now has to run basic dungeons to get any gear inorder to run the dungeons they want to run. Many people buy start up gear and then grind there way up, no more for them.

4. Players who want pets. Yeah 24k ad a day, have fun getting that cat. lol.

Who does this bennefit

1. People who bought all their gear with real money then realize they were bored. Yeah... so you're best customers benefit in way that adversely affects you. Now they are protected from their own ignorance.

2. People who go through content slowly and never reach the end.

Releasing this method of loot drop after the loot has been in the game is going to destroy this game. The only way this implementation would work is if they made T3 drop in raids, and that gear alone was BOP. Allowing players to farm t2 dungeons in order to make money while they are not raiding. I mean, there is NOTHING to farm in this game besides gear. In other games where loot was BOP you could farm so many other things that you needed. Here its just loot.

If this change is made, this game will die. And to think, two days ago i was looking forward to leveling a new character and playing this game for along time. Now I might quit the game in 4 days...sigh.
This discussion has been closed.