gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »
    9jis.jpg
    Foundry screenshot of the week

Caption win. :) They're trying though!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    sunrunnersunrunner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm sure they're doing their best to resolve the issue.
  • Options
    veranighthawkveranighthawk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Need ya'll to relax and realize it's the weekend on a free-to-play game, that's still in beta. This would be inexcusable if it was a fully launched game. Also, it costs money to get engineers to come in during their off time. Money that probably,isn't in the budget at this time; so we need to be patient and wait. The nice man said updates would be forthcoming and I trust him.

That is unless they have a history of doing this and I don't know what I'm talking about.... Do they?
  • Options
    jaggeropthjaggeropth Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This does suck but looking on the bright side, I suspect we are going to get some very solid storylines and plots from all the authors out there that are forced to think through their stories more than a few times and create the environment around the story instead of slapping a story on top of the environment.
    If a tree falls in a virtual forest, how big is the sound file?
    Please review my "Finger of God" campaign: NWS-DPJMGYJGV
    Quest #1: NW-DS24FX4BC - Cragsford
    Quest #2: NW-DTPUNXUAB - Mine's Mine
    Quest #3: NW-DIPZQ7CMS - Are We There Yeti?
    Quest #4: NW-DSCFDT5WS - Finger of God
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sunrunner wrote: »
    I'm with you completely... I hate coming to the forum to see what's going on and having to wade through that kind of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

All you had to do was read the OP. Nothing else. But you chose to read something else. Your mistake. :)
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    kinkojabkinkojab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Need ya'll to relax and realize it's the weekend on a free-to-play game, that's still in beta. This would be inexcusable if it was a fully launched game. Also, it costs money to get engineers to come in during their off time. Money that probably,isn't in the budget at this time; so we need to be patient and wait. The nice man said updates would be forthcoming and I trust him.

That is unless they have a history of doing this and I don't know what I'm talking about.... Do they?

You are aware that the game is nearly fully launched, right? On the 20th the game is 100% out there, and having a HUGE outage of one of the key selling points of this game less than a week before their official launch does not bode well for the game itself. Not to mention the class balancing issues that people are complaining about. And the last update we had was yesterday. More than 12 hours ago now. So, at this point I think we're due some communication of some sort.
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Ya'll need to realise that the moment they start taking money from you for in-game goods they can no longer claim it is a Beta.

It's a launch, end of.

The nice man said updates would be coming, 12 hours ago, if you are genuinely naive enough to trust that I have Martian Egg you might be interested in buying, bought back from the moon by Neil Armstrong you know.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    cyguard1cyguard1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jaggeropth wrote: »
    This does suck but looking on the bright side, I suspect we are going to get some very solid storylines and plots from all the authors out there that are forced to think through their stories more than a few times and create the environment around the story instead of slapping a story on top of the environment.

Truth. I have almost finished a complete quest with dialog, encounters, etc on papaer. If I was still playing PNP it would be ready for a run tonight lol.

***Edit*** Working on an excel spreadsheet for designing quests off line at the moment. Wish I had a listing of all the components used in the foundry to add to it, but it'll work for now.
    Foundry Designs: Once a Dungeon Master, always a Dungeon Master.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey All,

Unfortunately the issue remains to be completely resolved. The engineers have a plan in place though the ETA of when it will be completed remains to be determined. They will continue crunching away and working to resolve the issue throughout the weekend. If an ETA is discovered, we will post it as soon as it becomes available. Thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm surprised that now that we have NeverwinterPreview that there's not a "rollback" to previous version plan. Whenever we upgrade major components at work we always have a "drop-dead" time of a few hours, after which we rollback the specific upgrade.
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Unfortunately the issue remains to be completely resolved. The engineers have a plan in place though the ETA of when it will be completed remains to be determined. They will continue crunching away and working to resolve the issue throughout the weekend. If an ETA is discovered, we will post it as soon as it becomes available. Thanks for your patience!

AKA: It's the weekend, and we'll fix it Monday. :P <3
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Something something
  • Options
    sunrunnersunrunner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All you had to do was read the OP. Nothing else. But you chose to read something else. Your mistake. :)

Blah blah blah fill in meaningless words here... don't want to get involved in a word slinging contest but can't erase this post.
  • Options
    kinkojabkinkojab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Well, folks. Might as well not plan on doing anything Foundry wise til Monday at the earliest, maybe Tuesday. Time to shut off Neverwinter and go back to playing something reliable.

##Edit##

Maybe we should tip some of the mmo gaming news sites to the outage.
  • Options
    angellloreangelllore Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You don't need to launch personal attacks. That's just crossing the line.

and you sir don't need to criticize the company just because its an inconvenience to you. have you ever made a game? do you realize the countless hours that are put in to it? do you realize its not like foundry where u just have temp-lets that u put in, that there are thousands and thousands of codding that goes in to it... people who just open attack the company that put games make me sick... you should be happy they even have foundry, do you know how many games don't even bother? so sir u need to really think about the effort they are putting in before you start saying bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like they are incompetent...
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All this pointless bickering has inspired me to base my next foundry epic on Lord of the Flies by William Golding. Should be a good one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    All this pointless bickering has inspired me to base my next foundry epic on Lord of the Flies by William Golding. Should be a good one.

I might do one based on "The Road" just to lighten the mood.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    angelllore wrote: »
    and you sir don't need to criticize the company just because its an inconvenience to you.

I can criticize the developer all I like when they make mistakes like these. After all, I'm making them content for free with the Foundry. My main is still level 16. No real interest in playing Neverwinter, just in making the content. I enjoy the process, they reap the free work. win-win. Until they shoot themselves in the foot with blunders like this latest one.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Press F to pick up the conch.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Press F to pick up the conch.
    lol while i do agree with that statement to some degree, people should show respect for what they have instead of *****ing about what they dont
  • Options
    aarkangelaarkangel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes, the foundry is down.
    Yes, this is an inconvenience.
    Yes, I want them to fix it faster.

No...I don't expect them to be able to troubleshoot an unknown issue in a massive system like the Foundry in a couple hours.

Half the people on this forum are sitting here ranting and raging about how PW is incompetent, and this is a massive blunder, and that all they are doing is hurting themselves because they are taking away the ability of players to make them free content.

First of all...PW is a big company that is making tons of money elsewhere and from other Neverwinter players...if you honestly think that you being pissed matters to them in any way, or that the foundry being the only reason you come to play matters to them, then you think to much of yourself. Second, if any of you think that your Foundry content is good enough to bring any sort of change to the game, then you overestimate your abilities as an author of user-made content. And no...they don't give you the Foundry so they can have "the privilege of you making them content for free", they give it to you so you have something to do after end-game and so they don't have to bust out a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ton of expansions. The foundry is for YOU...not for the developers, and they don't give a **** if you're pissed that it's out.

Third...Neverwinter is a FREE TO PLAY MMORPG. You don't have to pay for it...you don't have to do anything other than put it on your computer...you don't get to whine about an inconvenience. And quite frankly...you really think constant whining is going to make the developers work faster?

The foundry will be back up when it's up...deal with it. If you don't like that, then go play something else.

As for the developers, I apologize for my fellow consumers' complaining about a service you are giving to us for free being down...I hope you guys are able to fix it soon.
  • Options
    cyguard1cyguard1 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well before they lock this down due to the constant lurkers that seem to just want to argue over nothing they can do about, it would be nice to have regular updates but shouldn't be expected. There are a lot of authors that are waiting patiently on this, some are even more involved in it than some posting here. Thank you for making something that should be an occurrence that pulls the modding community together, a drama filled sideshow that has long since become stale.
    Foundry Designs: Once a Dungeon Master, always a Dungeon Master.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    xhrit wrote: »
    Now instead of being annoyed I can't play it, I get to be annoyed by the a few minor errors that I can't fix... it's like an itch I can't scratch!

LOL I know that feeling so well. I replayed mine a few more times to take more notes and plan for changes and it's like . . . "Must . . . fix . . . "

But I agree. I know they are working on it, and when they get it up I'll have a LONG list of notes to make the necessary changes to my mission at once :)
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oggbrox wrote: »
    Wow, mate! You are a SHAME for the community! Please leave the game. Thx.

I agree. Completely.
  • Options
    mee2002mee2002 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm sorry guys. I think this is all my fault. I spent 8 hours Thurs night making my very first Foundry quest. I had just gotten it to the point where I was considering publishing it to properly play test it and receive some initial feedback. I clicked save and.... "save error". I clicked save again and the whole thing came down. My terrible, terrible luck has planted a bug so far up the Foundry coding that it is taking all week to undo. Apologies. Please feel free to send your hate directly to me in a PM, where it will be promptly ignored.
    NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.
  • Options
    data314159data314159 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    mee2002 wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys. I think this is all my fault. I spent 8 hours Thurs night making my very first Foundry quest. I had just gotten it to the point where I was considering publishing it to properly play test it and receive some initial feedback. I clicked save and.... "save error". I clicked save again and the whole thing came down. My terrible, terrible luck has planted a bug so far up the Foundry coding that it is taking all week to undo. Apologies. Please feel free to send your hate directly to me in a PM, where it will be promptly ignored.

I knew it was a foundry **** that did it! LoL Inconvenient Yes, Game ender? Don't think so, The foundry is the best thing I have ever done in mmo's. This is what I have always wanted since I first played a DM in 1976! Oh course I did not know it till I was playing wow, which was only 7 years ago.
    Take your time guys, but hurry up! lol
    Visarys
    GWF Lvl 60
    Dragon Shard

Try my newest Foundry MissionChallenge Invitational: Gauntlet NW-DHCDKY8UCCatapults and Zeppelins!
    Try my Foundry Mission Challenge Invitational: Maze, NW-DMXDXKQGD
    18-30 min.
    Solo
    Fighting, riddles, maze and dancing ogre's
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    angelllore wrote: »
    sir your ignorance is outstanding...

...and ignored. Gotta love the people who throw one personal attack after another.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
  • Options
    jawsontjawsont Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Out of curiosity, is the "foundry being down" showing itself by giving an error saying "character creation failed" then going to the login screen when you first click on Foundry? I was going to dabble for the first time in the Foundry this morning and encountered that.
  • Options
    supergalingsupergaling Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    you know what? instead of me whining about how long it will take for them to fix the foundry.. I'm just gonna say I like turtles, there I said it.
    rate my foundry Silent Hill: Neverwinter/NW-DN5473FET
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ...and ignored. Gotta love the people who throw one personal attack after another.

to contrare, i merely stated your lack of knowledge is the issues, that is most defiantly not a "personal attack" if i had stated u are stupid, (which i do not believe to be the case) that would be saying u are lacking intelligent. that would be an attack. i merely stated u have ignorance or a lack of knowledge. true it was a rather demeaning comment, but it was not a "personal attack" as u would like to perceive
This discussion has been closed.